Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2185102 times)

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Michał Kalina's biggest fan
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #7470 on: February 04, 2010, 02:32:40 PM »
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline ms.hoorah

• High Elder
« Reply #7471 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »
The following is the greatest recipe in the history of the universe. 
http://www.recipezaar.com/Cracker-Breaded-Deep-Fried-Shrimp-172118

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #7472 on: February 04, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

You should post that in one of the recipe threads in the Family Forum (I think they are "stickied" at the top).
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Entscheidungsproblem

• Formerly Friul & Nebelpfade
  • Protokentarchos
    • Amsterdam Declaration 2002
« Reply #7473 on: February 04, 2010, 07:19:49 PM »
I just found out tonight that this Sunday is the Super Bowl.  As you can tell, I am a huge American football fan.  :laugh:
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.
-- Sir Julian Sorell Huxley FRS

Offline Papist

• Patriarch of Pontification
  • Toumarches
  • An Ideal to Strive Towards
« Reply #7474 on: February 04, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
I just found out tonight that this Sunday is the Super Bowl.  As you can tell, I am a huge American football fan.  :laugh:
I am with ya there buddy.
My posts no longer forum here.

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #7475 on: February 04, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »

I on the other hand am trying to do everything in my power to figure out my schedule so I can watch the game!!  Soooo busy
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7476 on: February 05, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
So I bought a game today, which I've been wanting to play for quite a while now. And it requires internet access to complete installation, which I think is silly, but whatever. The problem is, the servers are down or something at the place you have to log into to get the game to work, and I can't install the game now. Grrr.  >:(

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7477 on: February 05, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »
Which game?
As a result of a thousand million years of evolution, the universe is becoming conscious of itself, able to understand something of its past history and its possible future.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7478 on: February 05, 2010, 12:10:10 AM »
Empire: Total War (but we're talking about it in two places now, hehe)

Offline ms.hoorah

• High Elder
« Reply #7479 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:06 AM »
So I bought a game today, which I've been wanting to play for quite a while now. And it requires internet access to complete installation, which I think is silly, but whatever. The problem is, the servers are down or something at the place you have to log into to get the game to work, and I can't install the game now. Grrr.  >:(
Yinzes server wasn't dahn cuz of over use n'at if it be in Picksburg. Allsa people in western Pensivania was at da Jine Igl today and not home on der computer n'at.  Yinz go to da store today n'at?  Day was completely aht of bananas, grapes, and baking potataes n'at. Da big snow storm is acoming!

OCnet should rilly start a section fer us Picksburgers in dat dare fereign language section n'at. Don't yinz think? ;)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7480 on: February 05, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
Yinzes server wasn't dahn cuz of over use n'at if it be in Picksburg. Allsa people in western Pensivania was at da Jine Igl today and not home on der computer n'at.  Yinz go to da store today n'at?  Day was completely aht of bananas, grapes, and baking potataes n'at. Da big snow storm is acoming!

OCnet should rilly start a section fer us Picksburgers in dat dare fereign language section n'at. Don't yinz think? ;)

Lol. The only foreign language that I can understand!  :)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #7481 on: February 05, 2010, 01:39:05 AM »

... and on the same page, there's a link to a recipe for Southern Fried Gizzards. From the sublime to the ridiculous ....  :P :P :o
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7482 on: February 05, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
That's quite a one car garage that guy has  ;)

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7483 on: February 05, 2010, 04:03:05 PM »
I think I am going to finish my masters degree in philosophy before I seek certification to become a principal.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7484 on: February 05, 2010, 04:05:43 PM »
I think I am going to finish my masters degree in philosophy before I seek certification to become a principal.

??? Really? I always thought that principals had to have advanced degrees in education, whereas people with philosophy degrees had jobs that required them to say things like "Here's your Pizza sir, that'll be $19.95"  :D

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Professor Emeritus, CSA
  • Merarches
« Reply #7485 on: February 05, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »
That's quite a one car garage that guy has  ;)
Impressive. If we had a garage like that, we'd be buying new cars every week.
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7486 on: February 05, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

??? Really? I always thought that principals had to have advanced degrees in education, whereas people with philosophy degrees had jobs that required them to say things like "Here's your Pizza sir, that'll be $19.95"  :D
LOL.
To be a principal a person has to have nine years of teaching experience, have any masters degree, and then take 18 graduate credit hours in Educational Leadership along with two semesters of internship.

Offline serb1389

• Global Moderator
  • Merarches
« Reply #7487 on: February 05, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »

LOL.
To be a principal a person has to have nine years of teaching experience, have any masters degree, and then take 18 graduate credit hours in Educational Leadership along with two semesters of internship.

Is that a state thing?  I think it's different per state...
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7488 on: February 05, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »

??? Really? I always thought that principals had to have advanced degrees in education, whereas people with philosophy degrees had jobs that required them to say things like "Here's your Pizza sir, that'll be $19.95"  :D
LOL.

Is that a state thing?  I think it's different per state...
It most likely varies state by state.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 05:18:48 PM by Papist »

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #7489 on: February 06, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »
I have realised that I'm not very good at making decisions. Or am I?
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #7490 on: February 06, 2010, 01:27:10 PM »

I think you might be good at making decisions, but then again maybe not. But probably you are, or at least possibly. But take your time and think about it, unless you need to decide right away. That's my firm opinion on the matter, and nothing will change my mind. But I'm not really sure.

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #7491 on: February 07, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »

I think you might be good at making decisions, but then again maybe not. But probably you are, or at least possibly. But take your time and think about it, unless you need to decide right away. That's my firm opinion on the matter, and nothing will change my mind. But I'm not really sure.

Selam
I dunno. The jury is out on that.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #7492 on: February 08, 2010, 01:07:13 AM »

Selam
I dunno. The jury is out on that.

;D

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7493 on: February 08, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »
Classes are cancelled today. Humbug! Not that I enjoy driving on roads with patches of packed snow, but still, how many Mondays am I gonna miss this semester?  >:( :)

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7494 on: February 08, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
Classes are cancelled today. Humbug! Not that I enjoy driving on roads with patches of packed snow, but still, how many Mondays am I gonna miss this semester?  >:( :)

:laugh:  I would hardly mind a Monday off now and then.  :P

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7495 on: February 08, 2010, 01:28:29 PM »
Last Thursday all the roads were frozen but classes were not cancelled and guess what. I was in a car accident. Thank God that it was minor, but next time our Super Intendant needs to exercise more caution when dealing with decisions like delaying school.

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7496 on: February 08, 2010, 01:28:53 PM »

:laugh:  I would hardly mind a Monday off now and then.  :P
I am praying for a snow day this week.  ;D

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #7497 on: February 08, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
Last Thursday all the roads were frozen but classes were not cancelled and guess what. I was in a car accident. Thank God that it was minor, but next time our Super Intendant needs to exercise more caution when dealing with decisions like delaying school.
I didn't think it would get cold enough to freeze in Albequerque. I haven't been there in the winter, but in the summer of 2002, it was well over a hundred Fahrenheit. Glad you weren't hurt though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 02:00:55 PM by ytterbiumanalyst »
"It is remarkable that what we call the world...in what professes to be true...will allow in one man no blemishes, and in another no virtue."--Charles Dickens

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #7498 on: February 08, 2010, 01:52:03 PM »
Papist,

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that you're ok.  :)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
« Reply #7499 on: February 08, 2010, 03:04:04 PM »
Papist,

Amen.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7500 on: February 08, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Papist,

Oh, thanks man. Praise God, it was a very small accident. :)

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7501 on: February 08, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »
I didn't think it would get cold enough to freeze in Albequerque. I haven't been there in the winter, but in the summer of 2002, it was well over a hundred Fahrenheit. Glad you weren't hurt though.
Thanks Y. Yeah, it actually the winters in Albuquerque are fairly cold. It gets below freezing during most nights in the winter. I actually feel very lucky because Albuquerque is one of the places in New Mexico where we get four very distinct seasons.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #7502 on: February 08, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
I dare say schools won't open in Central MD until the middle of next week, at the earliest, or when the temps go above 45 degrees for 2 straight days, which could be March.   :-\  The Naval Academy doesn't count.   8)

Offline Ebor

• Vanyar
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #7503 on: February 10, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
^
ll

At the earliest, I'm sure.  My class has been cancelled both nights this week.  I'm glad frankly that I won't have to attempt a drive across county to Germantown in this gale.
"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #7504 on: February 10, 2010, 04:35:20 PM »
I dare say schools won't open in Central MD until the middle of next week, at the earliest, or when the temps go above 45 degrees for 2 straight days, which could be March.   :-\  The Naval Academy doesn't count.   8)
Yeah, we've been out yesterday and today, and as it won't get above freezing today, we don't expect any of the snow to melt. It's only about four inches (10 cm) total, but this is the South. :D

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #7505 on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
It's only about four inches (10 cm) total, but this is the South. :D

I was raised in Springfield and I do not consider it the South, but rather the Midwest.  Then again, it's a subjective area.  Come to think of it, we might have had this conversation before.

Offline ytterbiumanalyst

• Merarches
« Reply #7506 on: February 10, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
It's only about four inches (10 cm) total, but this is the South. :D

I was raised in Springfield and I do not consider it the South, but rather the Midwest.  Then again, it's a subjective area.  Come to think of it, we might have had this conversation before.
It's the point where South, Midwest, and West meet. Meteorologically speaking, we're more like the South than West or Midwest. We get a lot of our weather patterns from the Gulf.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #7507 on: February 10, 2010, 05:02:18 PM »
Yeah, we've been out yesterday and today, and as it won't get above freezing today, we don't expect any of the snow to melt. It's only about four inches (10 cm) total, but this is the South. :D

PA closed about 400 miles of Interstate Highways due to this blizzard, resulting in traffic jams at the MD-PA line on I-81 & I-83.

Offline Papist

• Toumarches
« Reply #7508 on: February 10, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
Still no snow. :(

Offline Jakub

• Archon
« Reply #7509 on: February 10, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
Southern Hotel Kalifornian is to see 75-80 degrees by Monday...
An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7510 on: February 11, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »

PA closed about 400 miles of Interstate Highways due to this blizzard, resulting in traffic jams at the MD-PA line on I-81 & I-83.

I hate when they do that, in bad storms they'll shut down I-5 in Northern California simply because people are too stupid to drive in the snow. So you end up having to chain up and drive these two lane mountain roads that are 2000-4000 feet higher in elevation than the interstate, iced over and with a foot of snow on the road, just to get around the road blocks on the interstate that only has a couple inches of snow on it.
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
« Reply #7511 on: February 11, 2010, 01:00:42 AM »

I hate when they do that, in bad storms they'll shut down I-5 in Northern California simply because people are too stupid to drive in the snow. So you end up having to chain up and drive these two lane mountain roads that are 2000-4000 feet higher in elevation than the interstate, iced over and with a foot of snow on the road, just to get around the road blocks on the interstate that only has a couple inches of snow on it.

Surely, a vast majority of people overestimate their skills and can't drive in snow.  One reporter stopped two men in a 4x4 truck who were on their way to work shortly after the city implemented Phase III of its snow emergency which ordered all vehicles off the road except for city emergency vehicles.  Yet, many places like schools and hospitals ordered essential personnel to brave the conditions and report to work.  Apparently, the law does not negate the obligation of essential personnel to report to work and this reporter didn't seem to get it (her father was the lead defense attorney in the Mayor's corruption case which resulted in her resignation).

I can't imagine the frequency of whiteout conditions on I-5 north of LA or the detours; I also doubt that those areas have seen 50 inches of blowing and drifting snow, which one would expect on I-80 (which shuts down for periods of time) going through the Sierras ... which are the same exact conditions the Mid-Atlantic has experienced for the past 6 days.

I give credit to MD for keeping Interstates and many primary highways passable during these conditions.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7512 on: February 11, 2010, 02:14:08 AM »

Surely, a vast majority of people overestimate their skills and can't drive in snow.  One reporter stopped two men in a 4x4 truck who were on their way to work shortly after the city implemented Phase III of its snow emergency which ordered all vehicles off the road except for city emergency vehicles.  Yet, many places like schools and hospitals ordered essential personnel to brave the conditions and report to work.  Apparently, the law does not negate the obligation of essential personnel to report to work and this reporter didn't seem to get it (her father was the lead defense attorney in the Mayor's corruption case which resulted in her resignation).

I can't imagine the frequency of whiteout conditions on I-5 north of LA or the detours; I also doubt that those areas have seen 50 inches of blowing and drifting snow, which one would expect on I-80 (which shuts down for periods of time) going through the Sierras ... which are the same exact conditions the Mid-Atlantic has experienced for the past 6 days.

I give credit to MD for keeping Interstates and many primary highways passable during these conditions.

I'm actually talking about the Interstate north of Redding, CA...not LA. And no, it doesn't receive that much snow (which is largely why I think it was absurd to shut down the road, there may have been a foot of snow at the most), though the roads east and west of it through the mountains in the Cascades and Coastal Mountains, which I was forced to drive through, certainly do. And while if my responsibilities were in the region, I may very well have been excused because of the weather. But since they were in Idaho which was not affected by the storm, I was not...it's really not for the state to determine when I can and cannot drive, if I go to a remote area, get stuck, and get killed, that's my fault, no one else's.
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Alveus Lacuna

• Taxiarches
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #7513 on: February 11, 2010, 02:16:27 AM »
I'm actually talking about the Interstate north of Redding, CA...not LA.

Oh, do you live near the Platina monastery?

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #7514 on: February 11, 2010, 02:36:25 AM »
I'm actually talking about the Interstate north of Redding, CA...not LA.

Oh, do you live near the Platina monastery?

I live in southern California right now, but I was born and raised just north of there. Spent many a day hunting in that area.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:39:08 AM by GiC »