Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 8957160 times)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #28845 on: June 07, 2018, 04:30:48 PM »
It gets even weirder if you count things like your gut bacteria or your skin parasites as a part of you.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #28846 on: June 07, 2018, 04:44:04 PM »
lol, I have an important job interview tomorrow and someone just mistakenly said today was Friday. My heart stopped beating for half a second.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #28847 on: June 08, 2018, 07:45:36 AM »
Anthony Bourdain has died at 61.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Mark 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #28848 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »
Today at theological studies I had an exam from Ukrainian. I hadn't been to any class (they started in this term, so there was basic stuff), I've only learnt some years ago the additional letters in Ukrainian cyrllic plus have some senteces and words in memory from times I used to attend meetings for Ukrainian Greek Catholic students. I got 4+ (the max is 5). A Russian hieromonk that was writing the test with me, got 4.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #28849 on: June 08, 2018, 12:42:35 PM »
With the recent deaths of Kate Spade, and Anthony Bourdain, I just wanted to post the phone line you can call in the United States to get help. It is 1-800-273-8255.

Each year, about 45,000 people in the U.S. take their own lives.

Visitors to this site who live elsewhere may wish to post the talk lines from their own countries.

Life can be difficult. You don't have to give up.

Thank you.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

Mark 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honor, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #28850 on: June 08, 2018, 04:15:17 PM »
Lord, have mercy on Charles Krauthammer.

I may not share his political beliefs, but I pray for him as a person in need nonetheless.

Lord have mercy.

St. Luke and St. Pantaleimon, pray for us.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28851 on: June 08, 2018, 04:26:59 PM »
Today at theological studies I had an exam from Ukrainian. I hadn't been to any class (they started in this term, so there was basic stuff), I've only learnt some years ago the additional letters in Ukrainian cyrllic plus have some senteces and words in memory from times I used to attend meetings for Ukrainian Greek Catholic students. I got 4+ (the max is 5). A Russian hieromonk that was writing the test with me, got 4.

Congrats!
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28852 on: June 08, 2018, 08:32:08 PM »
I'm lifting weights while listening to a Pokemon livestream.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28853 on: June 08, 2018, 08:39:41 PM »

:laugh: This is 2018, and this is totally normal (no sarcasm)

I'm working on spreadsheeting the pieces that make up lego sets to see which would be cost effective when buying parts individually, putting them together, and then re-selling them on eBay for a (hopeful) profit; while listening to a Let's Play of The Last of Us in the backgound, and checking oc.net every half hour or so (this is, admittedly, less normal) :angel:
"The priest who preaches foul doctrine shall be reborn as a fungus." - Buddhist proverb

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28854 on: June 08, 2018, 08:39:51 PM »

Congrats!

+1
"The priest who preaches foul doctrine shall be reborn as a fungus." - Buddhist proverb

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28855 on: June 08, 2018, 09:08:04 PM »

:laugh: This is 2018, and this is totally normal (no sarcasm)

I'm working on spreadsheeting the pieces that make up lego sets to see which would be cost effective when buying parts individually, putting them together, and then re-selling them on eBay for a (hopeful) profit; while listening to a Let's Play of The Last of Us in the backgound, and checking oc.net every half hour or so (this is, admittedly, less normal) :angel:

I think the weirdest multitasking I've ever done was eating, Skype chatting, playing Pokemon, and listening to Russian chant all at the same time (I may also have been reading a creepypasta at the same time, I don't remember).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 09:08:36 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28857 on: June 09, 2018, 12:44:58 AM »
I think the weirdest multitasking I've ever done was eating, Skype chatting, playing Pokemon, and listening to Russian chant all at the same time (I may also have been reading a creepypasta at the same time, I don't remember).
Sometimes I have done work, listened to music and taken a duke at the same time.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28858 on: June 09, 2018, 12:50:14 AM »

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #28859 on: June 09, 2018, 07:24:08 AM »

Congrats!

+1

Thanks you both :)
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28860 on: June 09, 2018, 08:26:49 AM »
"If you feel like you spend too much time in the bathroom with recurring constipation... say 'Yes' to incest!"
This American commercials telling about all side effects are so boring. I'd rather have them lie to me.

LOL.

How do Brazilian commercials do it? I still remember how weird it was too me when drug commercials here started doing the long list. I think I first noticed it around 2014 or 2015 and it felt like it came way out of nowhere. There were side effect listings on every commercial before that, but it felt like there weren't nearly as many.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:27:03 AM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28861 on: June 09, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
Man, I was supposed to go to the Ren Faire today but I woke up at 4:30 AM and I can tell I'm going to be falling over tired by the time it starts...

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28862 on: June 09, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »
How do Brazilian commercials do it? I still remember how weird it was too me when drug commercials here started doing the long list. I think I first noticed it around 2014 or 2015 and it felt like it came way out of nowhere. There were side effect listings on every commercial before that, but it felt like there weren't nearly as many.
You just have the normal commercial, and then a blue screen pops up with crucial counterindications. Far less boring.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28863 on: June 09, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
Prayer request thing that I don't want to post as a separate thread because then it'll be visible for months on end and just make me anxious: after feeling like my 'spiritual ship' (ugh) had long been righted, I now haven't participated in the sacraments since the beginning of Lent, nor frankly do I have any inclination atm to do more than a bare minimum in the spiritual life.  :-\

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28864 on: June 09, 2018, 03:57:37 PM »
Prayer request thing that I don't want to post as a separate thread because then it'll be visible for months on end and just make me anxious: after feeling like my 'spiritual ship' (ugh) had long been righted, I now haven't participated in the sacraments since the beginning of Lent, nor frankly do I have any inclination atm to do more than a bare minimum in the spiritual life.  :-\
My priest told me to read Scripture without pressure when I came to that point.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28865 on: June 09, 2018, 06:46:24 PM »

I know the feeling, man. :(

Praying.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Why am I still here?
  • Faith: Mongol-Finnic Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Priestly Society of St. John Ireland
« Reply #28866 on: June 10, 2018, 08:04:08 AM »
Just logged in to Facebook for the first time in some months. 67 notifications of random groups, feed didn't include anything from friends and there weren't anything particularly interesting in general. Can't believe I used to be addicted to that thing.
I just need to find out how to say it in Slavonic!

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #28867 on: June 10, 2018, 09:32:35 AM »
Just logged in to Facebook for the first time in some months. 67 notifications of random groups, feed didn't include anything from friends and there weren't anything particularly interesting in general. Can't believe I used to be addicted to that thing.
Wow, I'd get such number of notifications probably after 3 days. Well, evne not probably, there are a few times  a year I don't log in FB for e.g week, so I know.
Anyway, that's good you see there is no reason in "Facebook life".

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28868 on: June 10, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
The Ren Faire was a lot of fun. Bought some onyx dice, had corn fritters with honey butter, got to talk about medieval armor with some historical reinacters, lifted some heavy chainmail, saw some some cool paintings and wood carvings, sang Whisky in the Jar, got to say "well met" to somebody without getting punched. Good stuff. Glad I didn't get heat stroke lol.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:09:03 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28869 on: June 10, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »
There was also a guy walking around in a fursuit (a brown unicorn, of all things) carrying a handaxe and shield.

Does this need to be included in my life confession?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 06:09:36 PM by Volnutt »

Offline Brilko

• Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #28870 on: June 10, 2018, 07:15:15 PM »
There was also a guy walking around in a fursuit (a brown unicorn, of all things) carrying a handaxe and shield.

Does this need to be included in my life confession?

If you hadn’t been walking around in the fursuit, you wouldn’t have had to worry about heat stroke. How many people did you whack with the handaxe? I would confess it all.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:15:33 PM by Brilko »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28871 on: June 10, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
lol

Online RobS

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28872 on: June 11, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
Mor, your state is so petty. I got a toll invoice for $1.

BTW is Anchor Blue's wings worth the hype? I'm going to be in Buffalo this weekend.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28873 on: June 11, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »
Mor, your state is so petty. I got a toll invoice for $1.

BTW is Anchor Blue's wings worth the hype? I'm going to be in Buffalo this weekend.

I actually had a doctor's office threaten me with a collection agency over like five dollars that I forgot to pay them (though I'm in Alaska).

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28874 on: June 11, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
I actually had a doctor's office threaten me with a collection agency over like five dollars that I forgot to pay them (though I'm in Alaska).
So stupid, they would probably spend much more than 5 dollars seeking to collect your debt. Or wrestling bears in the way.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • A well-sexed theologian
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #28875 on: June 11, 2018, 06:09:38 PM »
Mor, your state is so pretty.

Fixed.
Oh you Greeks, you are all dumb!

An Athonite

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28876 on: June 11, 2018, 06:12:39 PM »
So stupid, they would probably spend much more than 5 dollars seeking to collect your debt. Or wrestling bears in the way.

lol, yeah really. Don't forget the diphtheria outbreaks.

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28877 on: June 12, 2018, 09:33:15 PM »
Thinking about getting an Alexa so I can play Skyrim on it.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28878 on: June 12, 2018, 09:52:33 PM »
As opposed to a used PC or PS3? What's the incentive?

Offline Brilko

• Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #28879 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:00 PM »
It’s the ultimate version of Skyrim.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnEW6dX_BmU

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #28880 on: June 12, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »
It was a thing they did for the Bethesda news conference. People love criticizing them for how many ways they've tried to repackage Skyrim or port it to new systems, so they made a self-deprecating joke about making a version for Alexa. Except... they actually did make it as part of the joke.

(but I was just joking about getting an Alexa)

EDIT--Beat to it!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:19:56 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28881 on: June 12, 2018, 10:22:14 PM »
Wow lol...

Offline Jackson02

• OC.net guru
« Reply #28882 on: June 13, 2018, 12:03:04 AM »
If you held a lightbulb in your hand and dragged your feet against the carpet fast enough, do you think it could power the lightbulb? would it abide by the laws of physics?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:04:18 AM by Jackson02 »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #28883 on: June 13, 2018, 01:09:33 AM »
If you held a lightbulb in your hand and dragged your feet against the carpet fast enough, do you think it could power the lightbulb? would it abide by the laws of physics?
No, because the human body doesn't have enough resistance (I think it's a matter of resistance, but maybe it's another physical property) to turn tension into so much energy without breaking.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:09:43 AM by RaphaCam »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • You're my guardian angel hiding in the woods
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
« Reply #28884 on: June 13, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »
Let me tell you all about the lestovka I just acquired. 
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online RobS

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28885 on: June 13, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »
Let me tell you all about the lestovka I just acquired.
if it didn't come from the Diyeevo monastery in Russia, I don't care. :P

But really tell us about it and upload a picture.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Modernist thinking and being consists of nothing but uncritical acceptance.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • You're my guardian angel hiding in the woods
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
« Reply #28886 on: June 13, 2018, 04:14:24 PM »
Well, the new catechumen at my parish got one.  If you happen to glance at it, he will tell you all that you would ever want to know about it.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline Jackson02

• OC.net guru
« Reply #28887 on: June 14, 2018, 12:17:04 AM »
Official trailer for the Tetris movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #28888 on: June 14, 2018, 12:48:35 AM »
You know led bulbs require a lot less power. You no longer need carpet.  You can do it on bare floors.

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #28889 on: June 14, 2018, 07:23:53 AM »