Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5529912 times)

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #26775 on: May 31, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Beard arguments. We've all been there, amirite?

To me, it's just silly.  I know too many devout, sincere contemporary Orthodox Christians who shave to impugn their piety and even their masculinity based on something so trivial.  I'm thinking here not only of some of the young Coptic medical students and other future professionals I serve in my own ministry, but also of some individuals of my Grandfather's generation who I would bet the farm entered into Paradise upon their repose, and whose prayers I am not ashamed to ask in my daily life. I doubt that when they went before the Throne, God asked them why they hadn't grown in their beards. I've seen my share of converts who think they have to dress like 19th century Russian peasants in order to be Orthodox - and there does seem to be some overlap there with the hipster movement - and yeah, I find that irksome, but mostly the reason I took this thread as personally as I did is because the notion that a shaven face is some sort of shorthand for a lack of piety or masculinity is not only shallow but insulting to too many people I know for a fact are good, sincere, and pious Orthodox Christians.  Forgive me if I reacted vigorously.  My virile, bristling beard got the better of me!  ;)

The better question isn't whether God judges this or that, before his Throne, but what the saints in bliss before his Throne are like? I have no illusions that shaving is a categorical sin (that was all your fancy), but, on the other hand, I'm quite willing to assert that there would be no shaved male faces in Paradise anymore than there would be any female bound (that is, corseted to be flat, as has sometimes been the fashion) breasts. The will of God for creation is quite visible in his creation, if only one can calm down enough to contemplate it.

Leave it to you to bring the female chest into this...

The subject had come up quite a bit earlier. The fact is the beard is a male secondary sex characteristic, as enlarged breasts are a female secondary sex characteristic.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #26776 on: May 31, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
Right, just a dab of Gillette and you can shave them right off.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #26777 on: May 31, 2017, 01:05:26 PM »
I have no illusions that shaving is a categorical sin (that was all your fancy)

Rather, any miscommunication in this exchange has been due entirely to your inability to read and process the statements of your interlocutors coupled with your inability to recognize and ameliorate your self-righteous hypocrisy.  I never asserted that you considered shaving a "categorical sin" even as I never made a number of other arguments you've assigned to me in this discourse.  Rather, I stated that I found your idea that shaving was both emasculating and indicative of an inherent impiety to be laughable.  You're either blinded by your own hubris or you simply don't read for accuracy.  Either way, trying to hold a discussion with you is a frustrating endeavor, since all you have to offer is miserable bile with no accompanying wit or wisdom.

The better question isn't whether God judges this or that, before his Throne, but what the saints in bliss before his Throne are like?...I'm quite willing to assert that there would be no shaved male faces in Paradise anymore than there would be any female bound (that is, corseted to be flat, as has sometimes been the fashion) breasts. The will of God for creation is quite visible in his creation, if only one can calm down enough to contemplate it.

LOL!!!  You're hilarious!  Thanks for treating us to another your trademark illogical leaps, like when you compared shaving to a mastectomy.  So because - in your vision of the Eschaton - all men will be bearded when in their perfect bodies, all men should be bearded here on earth, and in the case of those who are not, this is indicative of emasculation and impiety, right?  In the World to Come will we be naked as Adam in the Garden?  If so, should we strut our stuff in the buff down here?  Will we eat animals?  If not, should we all turn vegan?  If "corseting the breasts" is wrong, is wearing any kind of garment which mitigates the free movement of all our dangly appendages flying in the face of God's plan for our anatomy?  Since it is obviously the "visible will of God" for women to have hair under their arms and on their legs - and presumably they will appear this way in the World to Come - are women who groom themselves in such a fashion impious and contrary to genuine femininity as envisioned by the Creator?  Are painted toenails an affront to God?  How about shoes, since God made us to walk barefoot?  How about pants, Preacher Porter?  Don't you hate pants?  How far do we take this grooming thing?  If shaving the face is wrong, how about trimming the beard, or trimming the hair?  Why not go full Rasta?  St. Paul said long hair on the head of a man is a shame, but will there be scissors and combs in the Heavenly Jerusalem?  You're fixated on a piece of minutiae and you're trying to impose your pinhole narrow vision of what piety and masculinity looks like on everyone else.  I'm grateful to God I'm in the Orthodox Church - where the clean-shaven youth and Grandpas I mentioned earlier are not judged to be effeminate or impious - and not the Porterdox Church, and that your weirdness doesn't apply to anyone but those you have the power to impose your strange Amish Paradise worldview on.  I seriously feel sorry for them.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #26778 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:27 PM »
Beard arguments. We've all been there, amirite?

To me, it's just silly.  I know too many devout, sincere contemporary Orthodox Christians who shave to impugn their piety and even their masculinity based on something so trivial.  I'm thinking here not only of some of the young Coptic medical students and other future professionals I serve in my own ministry, but also of some individuals of my Grandfather's generation who I would bet the farm entered into Paradise upon their repose, and whose prayers I am not ashamed to ask in my daily life. I doubt that when they went before the Throne, God asked them why they hadn't grown in their beards. I've seen my share of converts who think they have to dress like 19th century Russian peasants in order to be Orthodox - and there does seem to be some overlap there with the hipster movement - and yeah, I find that irksome, but mostly the reason I took this thread as personally as I did is because the notion that a shaven face is some sort of shorthand for a lack of piety or masculinity is not only shallow but insulting to too many people I know for a fact are good, sincere, and pious Orthodox Christians.  Forgive me if I reacted vigorously.  My virile, bristling beard got the better of me!  ;)

The better question isn't whether God judges this or that, before his Throne, but what the saints in bliss before his Throne are like? I have no illusions that shaving is a categorical sin (that was all your fancy), but, on the other hand, I'm quite willing to assert that there would be no shaved male faces in Paradise anymore than there would be any female bound (that is, corseted to be flat, as has sometimes been the fashion) breasts. The will of God for creation is quite visible in his creation, if only one can calm down enough to contemplate it.

Leave it to you to bring the female chest into this...

The subject had come up quite a bit earlier. The fact is the beard is a male secondary sex characteristic, as enlarged breasts are a female secondary sex characteristic.

had come up...?????

no.....YOU brought it up....because you had to turn a rather funny conversation (stupid, but funny) into 'secondary' sex characteristics...

lol my girlfriend wants me to shave because some chick she just pretended to like told her it looks manly

Leave her. No godly woman would told man to shave.

Is the reverse true in your weird hipster world where Ned Kelly beards and handlebar moustaches are all the rage for reasons that have nothing to do with piety?  No "godly" man would tell a woman to shave her legs or pits?

What's that got to do with anything? Both men and women have armpit hair. Men's beards are different: they're a secondary sex characteristic, like enlarged breasts for women. You tell a man he had to remove a male sex characteristic and you demean him as a male.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26779 on: May 31, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »
The subject had come up quite a bit earlier.

The subject didn't "come up".  You brought it up...when you compared shaving to a mastectomy.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26780 on: May 31, 2017, 01:07:42 PM »

Binding them was popular as recently as the 1920s. Choosing models with abnormally small breasts is sometimes part of the "heroin chic" fashion look which has (for some reason) persisted since the '80s.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26781 on: May 31, 2017, 01:10:15 PM »

Rather, any miscommunication in this exchange has been due entirely to your inability to read and process the statements of your interlocutors coupled with your inability to recognize and ameliorate your self-righteous hypocrisy.  I never asserted that you considered shaving a "categorical sin" even as I never made a number of other arguments you've assigned to me in this discourse.  Rather, I stated that I found your idea that shaving was both emasculating and indicative of an inherent impiety to be laughable.  You're either blinded by your own hubris or you simply don't read for accuracy.  Either way, trying to hold a discussion with you is a frustrating endeavor, since all you have to offer is miserable bile with no accompanying wit or wisdom.

The better question isn't whether God judges this or that, before his Throne, but what the saints in bliss before his Throne are like?...I'm quite willing to assert that there would be no shaved male faces in Paradise anymore than there would be any female bound (that is, corseted to be flat, as has sometimes been the fashion) breasts. The will of God for creation is quite visible in his creation, if only one can calm down enough to contemplate it.

LOL!!!  You're hilarious!  Thanks for treating us to another your trademark illogical leaps, like when you compared shaving to a mastectomy.  So because - in your vision of the Eschaton - all men will be bearded when in their perfect bodies, all men should be bearded here on earth, and in the case of those who are not, this is indicative of emasculation and impiety, right?  In the World to Come will we be naked as Adam in the Garden?  If so, should we strut our stuff in the buff down here?  Will we eat animals?  If not, should we all turn vegan?  If "corseting the breasts" is wrong, is wearing any kind of garment which mitigates the free movement of all our dangly appendages flying in the face of God's plan for our anatomy?  Since it is obviously the "visible will of God" for women to have hair under their arms and on their legs - and presumably they will appear this way in the World to Come - are women who groom themselves in such a fashion impious and contrary to genuine femininity as envisioned by the Creator?  Are painted toenails an affront to God?  How about shoes, since God made us to walk barefoot?  How about pants, Preacher Porter?  Don't you hate pants?  How far do we take this grooming thing?  If shaving the face is wrong, how about trimming the beard, or trimming the hair?  Why not go full Rasta?  St. Paul said long hair on the head of a man is a shame, but will there be scissors and combs in the Heavenly Jerusalem?  You're fixated on a piece of minutiae and you're trying to impose your pinhole narrow vision of what piety and masculinity looks like on everyone else.  I'm grateful to God I'm in the Orthodox Church - where the clean-shaven youth and Grandpas I mentioned earlier are not judged to be effeminate or impious - and not the Porterdox Church, and that your weirdness doesn't apply to anyone but those you have the power to impose your strange Amish Paradise worldview on.  I seriously feel sorry for them.

You seem so torn between making an exhibition of all your various peeves and trying to earn my attention. I'd say pick one and stick with it for a while before you have an aneurysm.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26782 on: May 31, 2017, 01:12:57 PM »
Lets go with....

Why you gotta make every conversation about sex and female body parts...?

It's annoying and frankly just as objectifying of the WHOLE person as the people wanting women to dress scantily....
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26783 on: May 31, 2017, 01:17:06 PM »

You seem so torn between making an exhibition of all your various peeves and trying to earn my attention. I'd say pick one and stick with it for a while before you have an aneurysm.

Deflection fail.  Try again.

I see how you operate now.  You make some illogical or factually inaccurate assertion - like, say, that all the beardless saints I cited previously were basically slaves who had no choice in the matter - and when some one calls you on it, instead of rebuttal, acknowledging the mistake, or any other kind of actual communication, you do what you're doing here.

Like Iconodule said, you're just picking needless fights.  Nothing better to do, huh?
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26784 on: May 31, 2017, 01:18:46 PM »

Deflection fail.  Try again.

I see how you operate now.  You make some illogical or factually inaccurate assertion - like, say, that all the beardless saints I cited previously were basically slaves who had no choice in the matter - and when some one calls you on it, instead of rebuttal, acknowledging the mistake, or any other kind of actual communication, you do what you're doing here.

Like Iconodule said, you're just picking needless fights.  Nothing better to do, huh?

Soldiers.

Are you enjoying this?

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26785 on: May 31, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »
Soldiers.

Meaning what?  That they had no choice in whether or not they shaved?  As previously stated, none of those men were conscripts.  They came from elite families and chose to enter the military of their own volition.  If they chose careers which required them to shave, is that a sign of impiety?  Have they voluntarily emasculated themselves by choosing such a career?  What about the other non-martial saints whose icons I posted?  What are your reasons for dismissing them?

While we're at it, why not answer the questions about following your eschatological logic to its natural conclusion in the previous post?  Or would you care to simply deflect again?

Are you enjoying this?

It's never enjoyable when someone makes an assertion and is then either unwilling or unable to back it up, so they resort to the diversionary tactics you're employing here.  I don't believe your position has any merit.  I'd like to see you present a compelling alternative view that we can discuss, but it seems that all you're capable of are expositions of your vision of the afterlife and diversionary one-liners.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #26786 on: May 31, 2017, 01:32:09 PM »
If "corseting the breasts" is wrong, is wearing any kind of garment which mitigates the free movement of all our dangly appendages flying in the face of God's plan for our anatomy?

I'm going commando from this moment on, just in case. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #26787 on: May 31, 2017, 01:34:14 PM »
If "corseting the breasts" is wrong, is wearing any kind of garment which mitigates the free movement of all our dangly appendages flying in the face of God's plan for our anatomy?

This is why the Speedo is mandated in Holy Russia as a compromise. All other swimwear is emasculating and impious.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26788 on: May 31, 2017, 01:34:26 PM »

There is likely a tollhouse on this....

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
« Reply #26789 on: May 31, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »

Binding them was popular as recently as the 1920s. Choosing models with abnormally small breasts is sometimes part of the "heroin chic" fashion look which has (for some reason) persisted since the '80s.

Keep speaking truth to this modernist nonsense, brother. I remember those days well, when even men didn't even dare to wear short sleeves. Now they run around with their nipples hanging out while they mow the lawn.

I would like to correct you though, because your analysis doesn't go far enough. These evil drugs sent to us by the dark lord Satan aren't what are solely responsible for small breasts in our women. It's symptomatic of this evil birth control culture. If they can't get pregnant, then those with small breasts won't grow into bigger breasts. Hedonism is the idolatry of personal pleasure.

If everyone were true Greeks like us, they'd open their eyes and realize that REAL men don't shave their beards and REAL women go out of their way to stay perpetually pregnant.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:17:39 PM by Rohzek »
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26790 on: May 31, 2017, 06:41:59 PM »

Keep speaking truth to this modernist nonsense, brother. I remember those days well, when even men didn't even dare to wear short sleeves. Now they run around with their nipples hanging out while they mow the lawn.

I would like to correct you though, because your analysis doesn't go far enough. These evil drugs sent to us by the dark lord Satan aren't what are solely responsible for small breasts in our women. It's symptomatic of this evil birth control culture. If they can't get pregnant, then those with small breasts won't grow into bigger breasts. Hedonism is the idolatry of personal pleasure.

If everyone were true Greeks like us, they'd open their eyes and realize that REAL men don't shave their beards and REAL women go out of their way to stay perpetually pregnant.

How hard it is to get pregnant -- and you make it sound very hard -- can sometimes have less to do with your woman and more to do with you.

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
« Reply #26791 on: May 31, 2017, 07:00:54 PM »

How hard it is to get pregnant -- and you make it sound very hard -- can sometimes have less to do with your woman and more to do with you.

This attention is flattering, but hardly to the point of the thread.
"Il ne faut imaginer Dieu ni trop bon, ni méchant. La justice est entre l'excès de la clémence et la cruauté, ainsi que les peines finies sont entre l'impunité et les peines éternelles." - Denise Diderot, Pensées philosophiques 1746

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26792 on: May 31, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »

This attention is flattering, but hardly to the point of the thread.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:41:02 PM by Antonious Nikolas »
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26793 on: May 31, 2017, 07:42:47 PM »
Still that desperately bored, friend Antonious?

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26794 on: May 31, 2017, 07:45:09 PM »

Still impervious to reason and devoid of content, Porter?
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
  • Faith: Christian
« Reply #26795 on: May 31, 2017, 07:49:07 PM »
(politics removed)

mcarmichael,

Politics are not permitted in public areas of the forum. Because you have been warned about this in the past, I am imposing a warning of +25 points.

If you wish to appeal this decision, you may do so by PMing me.

-ZZ, Other Topics Mod
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:32:03 PM by ZealousZeal »
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #26796 on: May 31, 2017, 08:08:15 PM »
God bless!

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26797 on: May 31, 2017, 08:24:09 PM »

Still impervious to reason and devoid of content, Porter?

I'm curious what you expect me to say. Are you actually expressing hatred for me?

Still, you could do with some abandon of reason yourself. I mean, in a fun way, not in this obsessive way. Since this is the Random Postings thread after all.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26798 on: May 31, 2017, 09:14:57 PM »
I'm curious what you expect me to say.

Hopefully something germane to the discussion and devoid of the snark and bile you usually substitute for actual content.  You could start by answering some of the direct questions put to you.

Are you actually expressing hatred for me?

Hatred?  Not at all.  Like Iconodule and Rohzek, however, I've just learned the hard way of your penchant for making enemies of potential allies and stirring up controversy for its own sake.  In fact, Rohzek put it best.  His words are just as applicable here as they were in the thread in which he made them:

[Y]our refusal to acknowledge this elementary fact is not based upon any actual contrary opinions of your own. It's part of a long trend that you have had on these forums in which you must demonstrate your absolutely incomprehensible pride to always take a contrarian position on every thread in these forums and to make almost everything an argument.

Still, you could do with some abandon of reason yourself. I mean, in a fun way, not in this obsessive way. Since this is the Random Postings thread after all.

You were quite happy to carry on a serious discussion in this thread until it became apparent that you didn't know what you were talking about and had spent what little ammunition you had apart from your personal opinions on what constitutes manliness and piety, and how hirsute we'll all be in the World to Come.  And speaking of "obsessive", it seems as if you're running around these boards obsessively picking needless fights over trivial matters related to your personal hang-ups lately.  What's up with that?
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #26799 on: May 31, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »

RT (RT does not equal endorsement, for anyone who doesn't RT.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:18:38 PM by mcarmichael »
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26800 on: May 31, 2017, 09:22:02 PM »

Hopefully something germane to the discussion and devoid of the snark and bile you usually substitute for actual content.  You could start by answering some of the direct questions put to you.

Hatred?  Not at all.  Like Iconodule and Rohzek, however, I've just learned the hard way of your penchant for making enemies of potential allies and stirring up controversy for its own sake.  In fact, Rohzek put it best.  His words are just as applicable here as they were in the thread in which he made them:

[Y]our refusal to acknowledge this elementary fact is not based upon any actual contrary opinions of your own. It's part of a long trend that you have had on these forums in which you must demonstrate your absolutely incomprehensible pride to always take a contrarian position on every thread in these forums and to make almost everything an argument.

You were quite happy to carry on a serious discussion in this thread until it became apparent that you didn't know what you were talking about and had spent what little ammunition you had apart from your personal opinions on what constitutes manliness and piety, and how hirsute we'll all be in the World to Come.  And speaking of "obsessive", it seems as if you're running around these boards obsessively picking needless fights over trivial matters related to your personal hang-ups lately.  What's up with that?

Okay. Well, then, that's a relief.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26801 on: May 31, 2017, 09:30:00 PM »

Okay. Well, then, that's a relief.

Yeah, you can breathe easy, buddy.  No one actually hates you.  We just realize that you're working through some stuff by playing at being a petulant crank on the internet and picking needless fights with random dudes you don't know over nothing because, you know, we're here.  Don't worry beard bro.  It'll get better.

Now accepting brief PMs.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26802 on: May 31, 2017, 09:43:28 PM »
Besides, there's a silver lining.  Your shameless hypocrisy prompted Rohzek to craft the greatest avatar these boards have ever seen.

*A not-too-distant second being Mor's fabled St. Bea Arthur avatar.

Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #26803 on: May 31, 2017, 10:07:47 PM »
I've shaved most of my life. Not that you care, and not to interrupt your self-congratulations, but here's a recent photo.

Of course, here I look like my aunt, but this is one of the small prices we pay for living in a civilization.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #26804 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »
What ungodly industry are you currently employed in, that you're required to shave your beard? It's a travesty!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:12:41 PM by mcarmichael »

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
« Reply #26805 on: May 31, 2017, 10:12:43 PM »
I've shaved most of my life. Not that you care, and not to interrupt your self-congratulations, but here's a recent photo.

Of course, here I look like my aunt, but this is one of the small prices we pay for living in a civilization.

Et ne inducas nos in temptationem sed libera nos a malo. - Matthew 6:13

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #26806 on: May 31, 2017, 10:37:51 PM »

You should most definitely grow your beard back.
God bless!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #26807 on: May 31, 2017, 10:45:05 PM »

You look like a mixture of Ed Helms and Stephen Colbert
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #26808 on: May 31, 2017, 11:32:36 PM »
You should most definitely grow your beard back.
As if. I did a google search, the fellow he misrepresented himself as is a multi-millionaire, and a Capitalist.

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #26809 on: May 31, 2017, 11:54:38 PM »
Is Pontus a common name in Sweden?
Facts loading, please wait

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #26810 on: June 01, 2017, 12:01:51 AM »
Is Pontus a common name in Sweden?
Maybe you'd have more luck looking for Bontous Mohammed.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #26811 on: June 01, 2017, 12:04:02 AM »
Porter the pic doesn't load for me
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #26812 on: June 01, 2017, 12:32:45 AM »
There's a hockey player with that (first) name that is apparently from there ???
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:33:15 AM by Asteriktos »
Facts loading, please wait

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #26813 on: June 01, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »
There's a hockey player with that (first) name that is apparently from there ???
I like hockey. I always think it looks like a mistake when somebody scores though. I also like ice skating a little bit, so it helps I think.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:38:20 AM by mcarmichael »

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #26814 on: June 01, 2017, 01:10:16 AM »
I feel distracted.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26815 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:28 AM »
I've shaved most of my life.

That explains the recent cattiness.  All of those years of emasculation and impiety were bound to manifest themselves eventually.

Not that you care, and not to interrupt your self-congratulations

Awww, don't be like that.  Keep this emo stuff up and we'll have to open a line of credit for you at Hot Topic.

but here's a recent photo.

All I'm seeing is the X, buddy.  Must've run out of bandwidth or something.  Emo Ed Helms and Stephen Colbert mixed with some guy's aunt though?  Really?

Last time I checked, I live in the same civilization and I have a beard.  What gives?

No hard feelings though, Port.  No matter how "civilization" makes you emasculate your face, just remember, they can't shave your heart.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:26:50 AM by Antonious Nikolas »
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #26816 on: June 01, 2017, 09:11:46 AM »
I can't believe that one really lame joke started all this. I love you.  :-*
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #26817 on: June 01, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
It actually started with my girlfriend's girly issues.  8)
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

• Taxiarches
« Reply #26818 on: June 01, 2017, 09:56:29 AM »
It actually started with my girlfriend's girly issues.  8)

Does the flap of a butterfly’s wings in Brazil set off a tornado in Texas?
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #26819 on: June 01, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »
Only in Granbury.
God bless!