Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5542941 times)

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #25155 on: December 26, 2015, 03:23:08 PM »
Got a nice egg pendant and gold chain in the mail today from ZealousZeal.  ;D :-*

You too?!

By last year I had to ask her to stop.  Not sure what I'm supposed to do with them all now.   ::)

You're welcome, everyone! Father G- you're supposed to wear them all at once on Pascha, obviously.

Then I'd look like a homeless biker version of Mr. T. with an egg fetish...    ;D
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Spiritual Vision of God's Radiance
  • Faith: hesychast navel gazer
  • Jurisdiction: high level theosis with pews
« Reply #25156 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:23 PM »
Straight up ballin this weekend.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #25157 on: December 28, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »
I might be visiting the Ukraine next spring. I shall walk from house to house and strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose to everyone I meet.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #25158 on: December 29, 2015, 01:51:18 PM »
There is only One Church buddy.

What is a 'Church buddy'? Is that like an 'accountability partner'? ???
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #25159 on: December 29, 2015, 01:52:09 PM »
I might be visiting the Ukraine next spring. I shall walk from house to house and strongly recommend Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future by Fr. Seraphim Rose to everyone I meet.

Do this and you will become all flame...

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #25160 on: December 29, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »
There is only One Church buddy.

What is a 'Church buddy'? Is that like an 'accountability partner'? ???

I need to find a Church buddy. Going to an unfamiliar church on my own is all but impossible (as I found out twice when I had panic attacks and had to leave)!
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #25161 on: December 29, 2015, 03:57:36 PM »
Here in my garage, just bought this new Lamborghini here. It’s fun to drive up here in the Hollywood hills. But you know what I like more than materialistic things? Knowledge. In fact, I’m a lot more proud of these seven new bookshelves that I had to get installed to hold two thousand new books that I bought. It’s like the billionaire Warren Buffett says, “the more you learn, the more you earn.”

Now maybe you’ve seen my TEDx talk where I talk about how I read a book a day. You know, I read a book a day not to show off it’s again about the knowledge. In fact, the real reason I keep this Lamborghini here is that it’s a reminder. A reminder that dreams are still possible, because it wasn’t that long ago that I was in a little town across the country sleeping on a couch in a mobile home with only forty seven dollars in my bank account. I didn’t have a college degree, I had no opportunities.

But you know what? Something happened that changed my life. I bumped into a mentor. And another mentor. And a few more mentors. I found five mentors. And they showed me what they did to become multimillionaires. Again, it’s not just about money, it’s about the good life; health, wealth, love and happiness. And so I record a little video, it’s actually on my website, you can click here on this video and it’ll take you to my website where I share three things that they taught me. Three things that you can implement today no matter where you are.

Now, this isn’t a “get rich quick” scheme. You know, like they say if things sound too good to be true they are too good to be true. I’m not promising you that tomorrow you’re gonna be able to go out and buy a Lamborghini. But what I am telling you is that it can happen faster than you think if you know the proven steps. So, I record a little two minute video on my website. Like I said, now it’s not the most professional I just shot it here with my iPhone, but it’s real. Nobody can argue, this is my true story. And I’m going to give you the three most important things you can do today. So click the link, go there it’s completely free to watch it it’s just a couple minutes. Invest in yourself. Always be curious. Don’t be a cynic. Okay, people see videos like this and they say “Ah that’s not real that’s for somebody else.”

Don’t listen, don’t listen. Be an optimist. Like, Conrad Hilton, the man who started Hilton Hotel, he said that he was only fifteen years old when he read a book by Helen Keller, and that book changed his life. Books can change your life. And in that book, Helen Keller said “optimism” so if you’re a cynic, if you’re a pessimist you don’t need to click here. Don’t worry about it, I don’t need to talk to everybody. But if you’re somebody who knows that there’s something better, cause the dream is possible, you know, for some of you watching it’s not necessarily a Lamborghini, maybe it’s a new job, a new opportunity, starting your own company.

Maybe it’s a new lifestyle without so much stress, traveling the world, doing those things you know you’re destined to do. You can do those unless you understand finances. Money, I don’t call it money anymore, I call it fuel units. You must have enough fuel units to live out your dream and to live out your destiny. So, I’ll see you on my website, it’s a quick video and you’ll see there absolutely free.

So just click this video and you’ll be taken there in a second, and uh, I’m excited to share this amazing stuff. You’ll see, not because of anything of me but because I’ve been fortunate enough to learn from mentors many years ahead of me. Not just in books like these, although I love books but also real in-person mentors. So let me share with you these three tips that have made all the difference in my life. They’re practical, you can do them today, you can start on them today. All right? See you there on my site.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 04:01:56 PM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #25162 on: December 29, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »
Seems legit. Where do I put my credit card info in?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #25163 on: December 29, 2015, 04:05:09 PM »
Seems legit. Where do I put my credit card info in?
For realz, nothing. You need to at least give us a means by which we can pay you for this fountain of fuel units!
God bless!

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #25164 on: December 30, 2015, 01:35:06 AM »
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #25165 on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
Orthonorm is probably right. Everything is political.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #25166 on: December 30, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »
Everything is political.

Channeling your inner Stalinist?
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #25167 on: December 30, 2015, 01:09:24 PM »
I've noticed an awful lot of open personal attacks around here these days.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25168 on: December 30, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »
I think a lot of things that weren't political now are, and that's rather sad.  After all, when you make something political, then you are putting politicians in charge of it.  Since I don't have much respect for politicians, you can imagine what I think of politicizing so many issues.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #25169 on: December 30, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »
Everything is political.

No, it's a bit like Fr. Giryus says:

I think a lot of things that weren't political now are, and that's rather sad.  After all, when you make something political, then you are putting politicians in charge of it.  Since I don't have much respect for politicians, you can imagine what I think of politicizing so many issues.

The personal is increasingly politicized. Perhaps it was so all along.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 02:04:29 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #25170 on: December 30, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »

It was a full moon on Dec. 24.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #25171 on: December 30, 2015, 02:50:40 PM »
It is probably because you were away and people IRL don't talk this way to others.
God bless!

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25172 on: December 30, 2015, 07:02:22 PM »
It is probably because you were away and people IRL don't talk this way to others.

Shut your donkey mouth, you unworthy son of a vexed mother.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:02:36 PM by Agabus »
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25173 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:31 PM »

Sounds like a normal day on the town to me.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #25174 on: December 30, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »

Reading your posting history again?
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #25175 on: December 30, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »
Everything is political.

It is and Fr Gyrus as usual is wrong. You would think the Church of Aristotle would understand the concept.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 11:00:27 PM by orthonorm »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #25176 on: December 31, 2015, 01:28:04 AM »

Sounds like a normal day on the town to me.

You go into town?  Fancy.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25177 on: December 31, 2015, 02:00:29 AM »
Everything is political.

It is and Fr Gyrus as usual is wrong. You would think the Church of Aristotle would understand the concept.

'As usual'....   Wow!

And to think, we haven't even been married, which means I get to elicit negativity from someone without having to live with them!  Then again,  judging from Orthonorm's previous posts, this may be his little way of saying he loves me...    ;)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #25178 on: December 31, 2015, 09:53:10 AM »
Everything is political.

'As usual'....   Wow!

And to think, we haven't even been married, which means I get to elicit negativity from someone without having to live with them!  Then again,  judging from Orthonorm's previous posts, this may be his little way of saying he loves me...    ;)

As a long time lover of orthonorm's, I can assure you this is merely his pillow talk. I suppose I shouldn't be speaking from under the sheets.
God bless!

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #25179 on: December 31, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »
Like Joseph and his "coat of many colors," multiculturalism also inspires jealousy and rage. People will be changing their tune once a cultural famine hits though. (lolwut)

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #25180 on: January 01, 2016, 02:31:00 PM »
I ordered a news magazine. While reading the first issue I became a bit amused while thinking how terribly middle class it is to order a news magazine. Next thing is to buy a gun, a house and start channeling my inner Walt Kowalski.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25181 on: January 01, 2016, 02:33:20 PM »
Are guns a common property in Finland?

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #25182 on: January 01, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
There are lots of those around but only for hunting. No Hmong gangs so we don't need to shoot our neighbours,

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25183 on: January 01, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »
Are guns a common property in Finland?

They should be...

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25184 on: January 01, 2016, 02:42:53 PM »
There are lots of those around but only for hunting. No Hmong gangs so we don't need to shoot our neighbours,

Is this the Finnish version of "We're not 'urban,' so we don't kill each other here"?

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25185 on: January 01, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »
The way I grew up, everybody had rifles and shotguns. For hunting and vermin. Of course this is America so probably you'd expect us all to own guns (it's actually not very common in town).

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #25186 on: January 01, 2016, 03:47:57 PM »
Lots of vermin lately...
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25187 on: January 01, 2016, 03:56:36 PM »
The way I grew up, everybody had rifles and shotguns. For hunting and vermin. Of course this is America so probably you'd expect us all to own guns (it's actually not very common in town).

I have nephews who have owned "youth" firearms since they were four. The youngest, who was six in September, killed a deer last week.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25188 on: January 01, 2016, 04:05:10 PM »
And are you in Finland or America?

Four years old? I'm fine with guns around the farm, they're a very useful tool, but that's shocking.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #25189 on: January 01, 2016, 04:26:07 PM »
Everything is political.

'As usual'....   Wow!

For what it's worth, I find your comments very insightful when you agree with me.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25190 on: January 01, 2016, 08:19:37 PM »
Everything is political.

'As usual'....   Wow!

For what it's worth, I find your comments very insightful when you agree with me.

;D

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #25191 on: January 01, 2016, 08:25:30 PM »
I ordered a news magazine. While reading the first issue I became a bit amused while thinking how terribly middle class it is to order a news magazine. Next thing is to buy a gun, a house and start channeling my inner Walt Kowalski.

Polish people are weird.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline mike

• A sexual pervert with limited English reading comprehension
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #25192 on: January 01, 2016, 09:24:59 PM »
I've just looked at forum stats. It seems I'm the top thread starter and 5th in posting. How can I help myself?
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25193 on: January 01, 2016, 09:28:17 PM »
I've just looked at forum stats. It seems I'm the top thread starter and 5th in posting. How can I help myself?

Simply UNSUBSCRIBE
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #25194 on: January 02, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »
Everything is political.

'As usual'....   Wow!

When he agrees with me, it's how I know I am wrong.

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
« Reply #25195 on: January 02, 2016, 01:46:30 AM »

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #25196 on: January 02, 2016, 01:51:38 AM »
Everything is political.

'As usual'....   Wow!

When he agrees with me, it's how I know I am wrong.

I believe that's true. 

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #25197 on: January 02, 2016, 02:12:42 AM »

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #25198 on: January 02, 2016, 03:49:27 AM »
You know you want it ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clement-of-Alexandria-1550-velum-/131315752758?hash=item1e93075f36:g:8LEAAOSw6EhUNGsW

Only $3,000.00.
Shipping:  $60.90

How much does it weigh?

Book weight.  The guy is shipping expedited and probably tacks on insurance, so that would explain the shipping price.  If you have $3000 to spare for an old book, I think you can spring sixty more bucks.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
« Reply #25199 on: January 02, 2016, 04:16:07 AM »
You know you want it ...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clement-of-Alexandria-1550-velum-/131315752758?hash=item1e93075f36:g:8LEAAOSw6EhUNGsW

Only $3,000.00.
Shipping:  $60.90

How much does it weigh?

Book weight.  The guy is shipping expedited and probably tacks on insurance, so that would explain the shipping price.  If you have $3000 to spare for an old book, I think you can spring sixty more bucks.

You've ain't never seen nothing do a little negosh.