Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5545870 times)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #24795 on: October 22, 2015, 09:11:25 AM »
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.
Didn't sync any of your photos with the cloud?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 09:12:33 AM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #24796 on: October 22, 2015, 09:12:59 AM »
I did it. I actually did it.

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

I actually smiled today :D

Congrats!
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline Olivia

• Viva Christo Rey!
  • Elder
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Philadelphia
« Reply #24797 on: October 22, 2015, 09:19:25 AM »
I was organizing some photos on my iPod and I accidentally deleted quite a few that were especially meaningful to me. I'm still pissed off at myself for that.

No, I actually forgot about that. I probably should set up my cloud to begin with.
This is something cute and innocent.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24798 on: October 22, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »

No, I actually forgot about that. I probably should set up my cloud to begin with.
Yeah I hear you, I had quite a few meaningful photos I lost as well....but after some time past I totally forgot what those were now...
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #24799 on: October 22, 2015, 11:47:42 AM »

Today after class I officially asked a girl for her phone number and a date. She turned me down on the grounds that she is not single, so that was a bummer. But surprisingly I am exceedingly glad that for once I actually mustered up my self esteem, broke out of my shyness, and approached a female. I finally did it after almost 20 years. I know it seems like nothing, but for me it is a major landmark in my life to finally do this. The awkwardness is no longer there as I KNOW I can approach females now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old.  So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

Kudos for you by the way.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #24800 on: October 22, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old.  So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

Not all 20 year olds can be smooth talking Egyptians such as yourself.  :D
God bless!

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #24801 on: October 22, 2015, 12:00:09 PM »
The closer the exams are coming, the more I am on OC.net.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:00:14 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24802 on: October 22, 2015, 12:33:31 PM »
And may you be ever blessed for it.
God bless!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #24803 on: October 22, 2015, 12:36:26 PM »

Keep it up and you will end up either unemployed or drastically underemployed and able to post ALL the time.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #24804 on: October 22, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »

A couple months ago I got a new phone.  A couple weeks ago, I went to go grab it, so that I could upload several photos to my computer, which I'd forgotten to do.  And it turns out that I must've thrown out the old phone.  I too am pissed off at myself
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24805 on: October 22, 2015, 01:38:47 PM »

Keep it up and you will end up either unemployed or drastically underemployed and able to post ALL the time.
What does that say about Trisagion?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24806 on: October 22, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »

What does that say about Trisagion?
I wear the cloak comfortably.  :laugh:
God bless!

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24807 on: October 22, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »
The odd thing is I don't see what is worthwhile on oc.net that enables my habit to view this place.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24808 on: October 22, 2015, 02:53:03 PM »

A couple months ago I got a new phone.  A couple weeks ago, I went to go grab it, so that I could upload several photos to my computer, which I'd forgotten to do.  And it turns out that I must've thrown out the old phone.  I too am pissed off at myself

I live next to a municipal canal, and we've found several phones (among other things) during the years. Apparently people in my town can't keep their mobile devices away from the drainpipes.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24809 on: October 22, 2015, 02:55:33 PM »
The odd thing is I don't see what is worthwhile on oc.net that enables my habit to view this place.
The popcorn is delicious.
God bless!

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24810 on: October 22, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »

It's called dopamine.
You can't find wisdom in the mirror.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24811 on: October 22, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »

It's called dopamine.

With an emphasis on the dope part....
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24812 on: October 22, 2015, 03:03:04 PM »

It's called dopamine.

With an emphasis on the dope part....

Well, it does help me forget my arthritis as I bang on my keyboard!

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24813 on: October 22, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »

I live next to a municipal canal, and we've found several phones (among other things) during the years. Apparently people in my town can't keep their mobile devices away from the drainpipes.

How bizarre.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24814 on: October 22, 2015, 06:41:25 PM »

Or they're those cheap throwaway phones that you can get from Wal-Mart, are being uses for nefarious purposes, and then are disposed of to hide the evidence.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you obviously have some sort of mafia activity in your neighborhood.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24815 on: October 22, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »

Or they're those cheap throwaway phones that you can get from Wal-Mart, are being uses for nefarious purposes, and then are disposed of to hide the evidence.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that you obviously have some sort of mafia activity in your neighborhood.

*random NCIS quote insertion*

Tony says, "It's a burn phone, Tim, just say burn phone."

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #24816 on: October 23, 2015, 08:09:15 AM »
Awesome  8)

Were you guys talking before or was this a cold approach?

We briefly talked a couple times though it was always pretty casual like asking for a piece of gum. It took me 3 weeks to finally muster up the courage to do this and even though I was declined, I was actually overjoyed at the fact alone that I simply did it. I feel like I want to do it again with other females until one inevitably says yes.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24817 on: October 23, 2015, 08:12:00 AM »

Pretty much yes. I've never approached a female until now. This was my first time. I want to do it again so badly.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24818 on: October 23, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »
*sniff* our little boy is growing up so fast.

;D
God bless!

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24819 on: October 23, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
Awesome  8)

Were you guys talking before or was this a cold approach?

We briefly talked a couple times though it was always pretty casual like asking for a piece of gum. It took me 3 weeks to finally muster up the courage to do this and even though I was declined, I was actually overjoyed at the fact alone that I simply did it. I feel like I want to do it again with other females until one inevitably says yes.
Man I am so overwhelmingly happy for you, keep at it.

I've probably told you this before but I'm glad you are taking risks to overcome this issue. The more exposed you are to rejection, the more numb you'll be to its effects. Eventually you won't care any more, and just play the game like any other guy. The end-game is realizing that you have self-worth, and no one can take that away from you. Once you see it that way, you'll be able to take rejection as you already did with a shrug and a smile, and actually feel like it's nothing to get worked up about. To put it into better words, you'll need to feel as though you're confident and self-assured. Rejections are nothing, there are plenty of girls out there to try out. The important thing is to not be an ass or be big-headed about it. Realize that as a guy, your worth will only continue to rise as you get older - not so much for the opposite sex in most cases unfortunately.

Can't wait to hear even better news from you soon!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24820 on: October 23, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »

Pretty much yes. I've never approached a female until now. This was my first time. I want to do it again so badly.

When you say "you never approached", does that even include casual conversation and friendship, or is this just specifically your first time asking someone out on a date?
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #24821 on: October 23, 2015, 04:04:05 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old. So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

I'll have you know that some of us are just late bloomers. >:(
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #24822 on: October 23, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »
Well done, James, but make sure you have your purity certificate on hand next time.
“A goose to hatch the Crystal Egg after an Eagle had half-hatched it! Aye, aye, to be sure, that’s right,” said the Old Woman of Beare. “And now you must go find out what happened to it. Go now, and when you come back I will give you your name.”
- from The King of Ireland's Son, by Padraic Colum

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #24823 on: October 23, 2015, 06:18:01 PM »
Well done, James, but make sure you have your purity certificate on hand next time.

Isn't it already on his hand? 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24824 on: October 23, 2015, 07:06:12 PM »

Golly, this is such a temptation to respond to....

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24825 on: October 24, 2015, 01:10:11 AM »

Golly, this is such a temptation to respond to....

He is referring to my Copt tattoo.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24826 on: October 24, 2015, 01:10:39 AM »

When you say "you never approached", does that even include casual conversation and friendship, or is this just specifically your first time asking someone out on a date?

Both.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24827 on: October 24, 2015, 02:33:45 PM »

Both.
Well, why not befriend someone, and after class, when it comes to lunchtime, "you hungry?"  At least on a friendship level, you can start there.  Once you get comfortable enough, it might make "asking her out" easier.

Offline FatherGiryus

• Don't Ask
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24828 on: October 24, 2015, 02:37:41 PM »

Both.
Well, why not befriend someone, and after class, when it comes to lunchtime, "you hungry?"  At least on a friendship level, you can start there.  Once you get comfortable enough, it might make "asking her out" easier.

Lunch is always the easiest dating proposal.  Women know that lunch rarely leads to 'the pounce.'

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #24829 on: October 24, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are about 20 years old. So when you are saying "after almost 20 years", this is really your first time ever you asked someone out?

I'll have you know that some of us are just late bloomers. >:(

"...I'll get married, Pops, I promise."
"You have plenty of time, Niko."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:51:02 PM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24830 on: October 24, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »

Both.

Lunch is always the easiest dating proposal.  Women know that lunch rarely leads to 'the pounce.'

Well, lunch also opens up the possibility of inviting others, "hey, we're going to lunch, wanna come with?"  If talking to girls is a problem, she'll more likely take another girl with her to go to lunch with him.  Now he'll have two girls to talk to, and hopefully that will encourage him to be less fearful.

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24831 on: October 24, 2015, 05:50:08 PM »

Just the usual recidivists pushing cheap crack and meth from one side of town to the other.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #24832 on: October 24, 2015, 08:21:33 PM »

Lunch is a waste of time.  Ask if she will pray and fast with you...if she agrees to asceticism, she is a keeper.  But that, too, will not lead to the pounce.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24833 on: October 24, 2015, 08:54:28 PM »

Lunch is a waste of time.  Ask if she will pray and fast with you...if she agrees to asceticism, she is a keeper.  But that, too, will not lead to the pounce.
When I was in college, it was considered a taboo to pray with your gf/bf due to fear that you would unduly pressure the person through praying together. It think it was in one of those weird evangelical dating books and spread across campus.
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #24834 on: October 24, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »

When I was in college, it was considered a taboo to pray with your gf/bf due to fear that you would unduly pressure the person through praying together. It think it was in one of those weird evangelical dating books and spread across campus.

Holding hands during prayer group was the best way to flirt covertly.  Praying together was encouraged, because, you know, it carries on into your marriage life, good foundation, glory, etc., etc.  IME, anyway.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24835 on: October 24, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »
"The pounce" LOL. I love Father G.
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24836 on: October 24, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »

Holding hands during prayer group was the best way to flirt covertly.  Praying together was encouraged, because, you know, it carries on into your marriage life, good foundation, glory, etc., etc.  IME, anyway.
You could pray with them until you started dating. Then you had to encourage them to seek a prayer partner of their sex to pray with them. Once they did that, you just had to convince their new prayer partner to pray you up. Oh yeah...
God bless!

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
« Reply #24837 on: October 24, 2015, 10:07:02 PM »

You could pray with them until you started dating. Then you had to encourage them to seek a prayer partner of their sex to pray with them. Once they did that, you just had to convince their new prayer partner to pray you up. Oh yeah...
And they say evangelicals aren't down with polyamory.
Quote from: Pope Francis
Thank God he said I was a politician because Aristotle defined the human person as 'Animal politicus.' So at least I am a human person.

Vote for a Ministry section on OC.net

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24838 on: October 25, 2015, 12:33:37 AM »
Facebook stalking someone you haven't seen in a decade is really, really hard when their last name is Smith

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #24839 on: October 25, 2015, 12:40:34 AM »
Facebook stalking someone you haven't seen in a decade is really, really hard when their last name is Smith

#whitepeopleproblems