Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5542929 times)

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Spiritual Vision of God's Radiance
  • Faith: hesychast navel gazer
  • Jurisdiction: high level theosis with pews
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #24705 on: October 17, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
Can't we make anime a warnable (if not bannable) offence?

Anastasius, save us!
death unto that entire culture imo
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #24706 on: October 17, 2015, 07:00:52 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

You're rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24707 on: October 17, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

What are your most hated things, start listing them right now. It can be anything.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:32:24 PM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #24708 on: October 17, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

God bless!

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24709 on: October 17, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

What are your most hated things, start listing them right now. It can be anything.

-Pimps and people who admire pimps because their favorite rapper says pimps are cool.  They're not cool.  They're weak.  The weakest of weak criminals, right below inside traders on Wall Street.  It's like admiring jackals or remora eels or those monitor lizards that eat baby crocodiles right in the egg but run when the mama crocodile shows up.

-American nerds who became fascinated with the most shallow and stereotypical elements of British culture because they grew up reading Harry Potter or whatever and affect a bad, non-specific British accent from time to time.  The kind of dorks who get off on saying things like "St. Swithin's Day" and "kippers and marmalade" because they're from West Nowhere, Ohio and to them it sounds exotic.

-Hipsters.  Especially hipsters who think they can get away with saying racist things because they're saying them "ironically".  Just because your idols Seth McFarlane and Zach Galifianakis did it on TV doesn't mean it won't get your jaw broken, your over-the-top mustache knocked onto the other side of your head, and your Warby Parkers stepped on if you repeat it in real life.

-All of these guys who are shooting the joint up lately because women aren't digging them.  That clown in Oregon, the other guy who said he was going to "make people pay" because he'd never been kissed.  Especially their "manifestos", which read as if they're pleas for some girl to say, "No!  Don't do it!  I actually think you're dreamy and I don't know why no one else has seen that!"  Socially awkward guys have been getting ignored for millennia.  Go play Dungeons & Dragons or whatever and wait until you grow up and out of your awkwardness as your nerd forefathers have done since time immemorial, and after you land a decent job, you'll be alright.  What makes you think you have the right to take your sexual frustrations out on society with a gun?

-People who think their kids are the center of everyone's universe.  They're not, and just because you let them disrespect you, doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to do the same.  Why on Earth would you let your kids argue with you and treat them like peers who have an equal say in how the family should run?  It's bad for society.  Eventually, when they get a little bigger, someone - probably a cop - is going to end up putting your kid in check for you, because contrary to your lunacy the world does not revolve around Schuyler or Shaugnessy or Abigail or whatever other stupid name you've given them and no one else is going to put up with their "whatever, dude" routine.

-Non-white minorities who think they can ingratiate themselves with whites by running down blacks.  It's never going to work.  Give it up.  You look pathetic, and as soon as you leave, they're gonna start making jokes about whatever group you come from.

-People who treat Orthodox Christianity like a role-playing game, an intellectual exercise, a hipster trend, or a hobby.

How's that for a start?  ;)
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #24710 on: October 17, 2015, 08:33:33 PM »
I am surprised you didn't mention Charismatism in the Coptic Church.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:34:36 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #24711 on: October 17, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »

That's so obvious he doesn't even need to say it anymore
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24712 on: October 17, 2015, 08:43:11 PM »

That's so obvious he doesn't even need to say it anymore

I'm thinking of having t-shirts made.  :D
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24713 on: October 17, 2015, 08:51:08 PM »
http://www.king5.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/10/17/vet-75-saves-kids-knife-wielding-attacker/74119690/

A 75 year old vet was giving a chess class at the library........when a crazy dude with knives came in and tried to kill people...

"Brown allegedly slashed at Vernon, but—knowing which hand the attack was coming from—Vernon blocked the knife, suffering cut arteries and a tendon in the process.

“I should have hit his wrist," Vernon tells the Daily Times. "That’s how you’re trained, but it’s been half a century."

Vernon threw Brown onto a table, hit him until he released the knives, and held him down until library staff and police arrived. “I was operating at the animal level for a few seconds there,” he tells the Post, adding that his 75-year-old body, complete with weak knees, a bum shoulder, and high blood pressure, held up fine."
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24714 on: October 17, 2015, 09:10:10 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

-Pimps and people who admire pimps because their favorite rapper says pimps are cool.  They're not cool.  They're weak.  The weakest of weak criminals, right below inside traders on Wall Street.  It's like admiring jackals or remora eels or those monitor lizards that eat baby crocodiles right in the egg but run when the mama crocodile shows up.

-American nerds who became fascinated with the most shallow and stereotypical elements of British culture because they grew up reading Harry Potter or whatever and affect a bad, non-specific British accent from time to time.  The kind of dorks who get off on saying things like "St. Swithin's Day" and "kippers and marmalade" because they're from West Nowhere, Ohio and to them it sounds exotic.

-Hipsters.  Especially hipsters who think they can get away with saying racist things because they're saying them "ironically".  Just because your idols Seth McFarlane and Zach Galifianakis did it on TV doesn't mean it won't get your jaw broken, your over-the-top mustache knocked onto the other side of your head, and your Warby Parkers stepped on if you repeat it in real life.

-All of these guys who are shooting the joint up lately because women aren't digging them.  That clown in Oregon, the other guy who said he was going to "make people pay" because he'd never been kissed.  Especially their "manifestos", which read as if they're pleas for some girl to say, "No!  Don't do it!  I actually think you're dreamy and I don't know why no one else has seen that!"  Socially awkward guys have been getting ignored for millennia.  Go play Dungeons & Dragons or whatever and wait until you grow up and out of your awkwardness as your nerd forefathers have done since time immemorial, and after you land a decent job, you'll be alright.  What makes you think you have the right to take your sexual frustrations out on society with a gun?

-People who think their kids are the center of everyone's universe.  They're not, and just because you let them disrespect you, doesn't mean the rest of us are willing to do the same.  Why on Earth would you let your kids argue with you and treat them like peers who have an equal say in how the family should run?  It's bad for society.  Eventually, when they get a little bigger, someone - probably a cop - is going to end up putting your kid in check for you, because contrary to your lunacy the world does not revolve around Schuyler or Shaugnessy or Abigail or whatever other stupid name you've given them and no one else is going to put up with their "whatever, dude" routine.

-Non-white minorities who think they can ingratiate themselves with whites by running down blacks.  It's never going to work.  Give it up.  You look pathetic, and as soon as you leave, they're gonna start making jokes about whatever group you come from.

-People who treat Orthodox Christianity like a role-playing game, an intellectual exercise, a hipster trend, or a hobby.

How's that for a start?  ;)
Wow I think I'm in love. Great start...

Online Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24715 on: October 18, 2015, 02:42:23 AM »

This is an actual thing?

There's one local man — an adult who has a couple of decades on me — who has faked an English accent the entire eight years I've lived here even though people who have known him since a child attest he is local and raised by Southerners. But in his case it's his sad attempt to be refined, and not necessarily an indicator he's a fan of "Red Dwarf."
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24716 on: October 18, 2015, 08:38:25 AM »
This is an actual thing?

Unfortunately, yes.
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • You don't need global warming to drown in books.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #24717 on: October 18, 2015, 09:13:42 AM »

The funny thing is that the American editions of Harry Potter are edited to conform to American grammar and usage (from 'extraneous' U's to 'gotten' instead of 'got' to whole sentence structure ironing out the most blatant Britishisms), so if those are what those kids read - which would be the case with American library copies - they didn't even read what Rowling actually wrote.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24718 on: October 18, 2015, 02:50:17 PM »

The funny thing is that the American editions of Harry Potter are edited to conform to American grammar and usage (from 'extraneous' U's to 'gotten' instead of 'got' to whole sentence structure ironing out the most blatant Britishisms), so if those are what those kids read - which would be the case with American library copies - they didn't even read what Rowling actually wrote.

I love it!!!  Thanks, Arachne.  This made my day.  ;D
Now accepting brief PMs.

Raylight

« Reply #24719 on: October 19, 2015, 09:55:25 PM »
This is the FIRST democratic election I ever witness. What a great experience it is to finally see how democracy works. Come ooooon Canada!! I'm watching the results and I'm very nervous!!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24720 on: October 19, 2015, 11:51:31 PM »
This is the FIRST democratic election I ever witness. What a great experience it is to finally see how democracy works. Come ooooon Canada!! I'm watching the results and I'm very nervous!!
Spoiler alert. Nothing changes. Nothing ever changes.  ;)
God bless!

Raylight

« Reply #24721 on: October 19, 2015, 11:57:39 PM »

Not here in Canada my friend, things do change. I'm proud of this great country!! Finally Canadians got their Canada back!!

* Please do not consider these posts to be political. I didn't mention the name of any political party whatsoever. Plus, it is about Canada, so we're safe that it will not turn political due to lack of interest in Canadian politics among Americans ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:00:37 AM by Raylight »

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #24722 on: October 19, 2015, 11:58:19 PM »
Well to be fair, Harper did get ousted after just over 9 years in power so it is a change. only question, how big(ill stop before i turn news into politics)

Offline wgw

• All scorpions must DIE!!!
  • Taxiarches
  • This icon is of St. Athansius.
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #24723 on: October 20, 2015, 12:04:38 AM »
Meh, Harper was a superb PM, however it is difficult to hold onto power for that length of time.  The average duration of a political control cycle is 8-12 years.
Axios and many years to you, Fr. Trenham!

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #24724 on: October 20, 2015, 12:24:54 AM »
A tragic Man Bites Passenger story.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #24725 on: October 20, 2015, 01:49:30 AM »

Not here in Canada my friend, things do change. I'm proud of this great country!! Finally Canadians got their Canada back!!

* Please do not consider these posts to be political. I didn't mention the name of any political party whatsoever. Plus, it is about Canada, so we're safe that it will not turn political due to lack of interest in Canadian politics among Americans ;)

I'm sure your avatar is not referring to the Liberal Party of Canada which won tonight's election, but is a patriotic way of expressing your preference for liberal social views, theology, etc.  Nothing at all to do with politics. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Raylight

« Reply #24726 on: October 20, 2015, 01:56:10 AM »

I'm sure your avatar is not referring to the Liberal Party of Canada which won tonight's election, but is a patriotic way of expressing your preference for liberal social views, theology, etc.  Nothing at all to do with politics.

Hahaha, I'm glad to know that you remember my previous posts and hold them close to your heart for the time of need. :)  My avatar is not my post. We have avatars of political figures among some members here as well, however, as long as I didn't write down the name of the party and why do I support it, I don't believe I posted a political post. In the end, you can't really argue with me if I didn't write down a statement that can be proven to be false or true.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:00:58 AM by Raylight »

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #24727 on: October 20, 2015, 05:08:33 AM »
The last time I attended Liturgy, the priest asked whether I'm Catholic or not.

I said yes ;_;

My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #24728 on: October 20, 2015, 07:35:43 AM »
So Harper got the boot, eh?

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #24729 on: October 20, 2015, 08:15:38 AM »
Enough with the politics please.

--Mina
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24730 on: October 20, 2015, 08:53:11 AM »
Christoph Waltz in the new Bond you say? Well its probably going to be good then...

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #24731 on: October 20, 2015, 11:06:19 AM »

Just don't hate on people who non-ironically like kippers, ok? 
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #24732 on: October 20, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
emilia clarke as most sexiest woman alive? lmbo

Paris Hilton deserves that title.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24733 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:29 PM »
I like her as an actress, but I think that is a bit of a stretch.
millennials are ruining everything

Soon beauty itself will be replaced with the ugly, butch short hair "bicurious" Miley Cyrus look that all the girls are adopting.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24734 on: October 21, 2015, 12:35:41 AM »

don't even joke about such things...
God bless!

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24735 on: October 21, 2015, 01:15:42 AM »

don't even joke about such things...

Pretty cute to me. I'm a man of simple tastes--dumb, blonde, cute, and petite.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24736 on: October 21, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
She has a degree of physical attractiveness, but that does not always translate into sexiness and certainly not into the sexiest woman alive.
God bless!

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #24737 on: October 21, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »

Soon beauty itself will be replaced with the ugly, butch short hair "bicurious" Miley Cyrus look that all the girls are adopting.

I still see Mexican girls with long hair sometime.  Perhaps when the Donald Trumperor puts up the Great Wall he'll still let some Mexican girls come through?  Will be useful once every native girl is a single mother with short hair. 
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #24738 on: October 21, 2015, 02:15:36 PM »

Guess it's time to check your male privilege you cis scum :p
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 02:15:52 PM by sakura95 »
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #24739 on: October 21, 2015, 02:17:16 PM »
Will be useful once every native girl is a single mother with short hair.

Has the contagion spread across the Atlantic? All women over 30 have short hair here; preferably badly dyed as well.

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
« Reply #24740 on: October 21, 2015, 02:31:42 PM »

Mods?

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24741 on: October 21, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »

Has the contagion spread across the Atlantic? All women over 30 have short hair here; preferably badly dyed as well.
We are left with androgyny and lumbersexuals. Pick your poison and cuddle up, big boy.
God bless!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #24742 on: October 21, 2015, 03:19:48 PM »
There is always monasticism.

And given the attitudes of some here, the easiest option to actually achieve.

Online ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24743 on: October 21, 2015, 03:26:17 PM »

We are left with androgyny and lumbersexuals. Pick your poison and cuddle up, big boy.

I've never been a bigger fan of a fad.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24744 on: October 21, 2015, 03:48:04 PM »

I need you to talk to my wife. She won't let me grow a beard.

Wives. Always there to spoil your fun.
God bless!

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24745 on: October 21, 2015, 03:54:35 PM »

Mods?

You know she's cute. I still watch reruns of The Simple Life.

My Little Pony should model a character after her.

Offline JamesR

• Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
« Reply #24746 on: October 21, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »

Anastasius, save us!

-Hipsterism and the whole focus on the stupid beard and flannel shirts. 90% of those men don't even know how to change a freaking tire yet they expect to be regarded as these great lumberjack pillars of masculinity. A beard doesn't make the man but rather the man makes the beard.

-Feminism and homosexuality. I'm tired of having our entire world turned upside down because 2% of the population feels uncomfortable and political correctness has made it impossible to disagree. Now all non-gay sex is rape, male heterosexuality is violent by its very nature, promiscuity is a-okay for females yet they wonder why rape is so prevalent, there are near 30 "gender identities" you can belong to all because of your unchecked pathological issues, and these same sexual deviants have the audacity to compare their plight to the plight of minorities like my grandparents who came before them, as if a license for sodomy is really as important a cause as being able to sit in the front of the classroom.

-Males from New York. They are homosexual by their very nature--capris, well-shaped eyebrows, "messenger" bags, and just an all around snobby personality. Californians really laugh at them.

-Atheism. Not necessarily the genuine agnostic kind, but the violent Enlightenment "tolerance" ones who run internet forums and screwed over Western Europe. These are the same morons who revere John Locke as a God despite the irony that he didn't believe atheists were to be tolerated.

Online ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #24747 on: October 21, 2015, 04:18:35 PM »

I need you to talk to my wife. She won't let me grow a beard.

Wives. Always there to spoil your fun.

If the fun is beards, not this wife.
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
« Reply #24748 on: October 21, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »
Sideburns should make a comeback.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #24749 on: October 21, 2015, 04:22:42 PM »
When men started wearing skinny jeans I was really hoping that Napoleonic officer uniforms would come into vogue, but alas, hipsters.  I think all hipsters should be forced to retreat from Moscow in the snow preyed upon by wolves and cossacks.