Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5540627 times)

Offline Theophania

• Ecumenical Dissipation Association *OF* America
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #24390 on: August 05, 2015, 04:45:35 PM »
I can't decide whether I want to work 12 hours tonight, or not. I'm leaning towards "noooooo"
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Raylight

« Reply #24391 on: August 05, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »
Few days ago, me and the Orthodox Priest canceled any contact. It is related to my homosexuality. I'm sad and disappointed, because it means I can't go to the parish. I think he was worried that the idea of having a married gay man in the parish will cause a "scandal". Even though I though he was okay as long as I don't participate in the Church's mysteries. And I'm not even Orthodox. Anyway, I guess this door is closed now. :(

Please, pray for me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:27:46 PM by Raylight »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #24392 on: August 05, 2015, 06:37:30 PM »
Few days ago, me and the Orthodox Priest canceled any contact. It is related to my homosexuality. I'm sad and disappointed, because it means I can't go to the parish. I think he was worried that the idea of having a married gay man in the parish will cause a "scandal". Even though I though he was okay as long as I don't participate in the Church's mysteries. And I'm not even Orthodox. Anyway, I guess this door is closed now. :(

Please, pray for me.
I'm sorry to hear that.  :(

Are there any other parishes in your area? I'm surprised he would take such a position unless you were insistent on waving a rainbow flag as you walked in (which I suspect is not the case.  :P)
God bless!

Raylight

« Reply #24393 on: August 05, 2015, 06:40:57 PM »

Please, pray for me.

Are there any other parishes in your area? I'm surprised he would take such a position unless you were insistent on waving a rainbow flag as you walked in (which I suspect is not the case.  :P)

Not at all. I actually agreed with him that I won't mention my homosexuality to anyone. I guess he had a second thought about the whole thing. But please know that I mentioned to him that I'm having a reception to celebrate my marriage to my partner. As we weren't able to do that at my home country. However, he already knew that while ago.  Right now I feel "distant" from any Orthodox church. I believe it will take some time to get over this experience until I take the courage to go to another Orthodox parish.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:42:36 PM by Raylight »

Raylight

« Reply #24394 on: August 05, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:44:10 PM by Raylight »

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #24395 on: August 05, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »

Please, pray for me.

Not at all. I actually agreed with him that I won't mention my homosexuality to anyone. I guess he had a second thought about the whole thing. But please know that I mentioned to him that I'm having a reception to celebrate my marriage to my partner. As we weren't able to do that at my home country. However, he already knew that while ago.  Right now I feel "distant" from any Orthodox church. I believe it will take some time to get over this experience until I take the courage to go to another Orthodox parish.

Maybe he felt that by keeping contact you would feel that he would be confirming you in your lifestyle.

It's a thin line to walk to be with friends and not give them the impression we endorse their mistakes.
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24396 on: August 05, 2015, 06:48:11 PM »
We all come to the Church with our own struggles, hangups, biases and sins. I'm saddened that the priest did not view this as an opportunity rather than an awkward situation to be avoided.  It makes the whole "Church as a hospital" analogy ring rather hollow.

May God continue to guide and direct your path.
God bless!

Raylight

« Reply #24397 on: August 05, 2015, 06:50:55 PM »

Please, pray for me.

Maybe he felt that by keeping contact you would feel that he would be confirming you in your lifestyle.

It's a thin line to walk to be with friends and not give them the impression we endorse their mistakes.

So the best way is to just cancel any contact right away as if I'm some type of a criminal!! We were clear already, I know the Church's teaching and I don't intend to change it or challenge it. What he did was hurtful. And I felt like slap in the face, because my partner warned me over and over to NOT go to the Orthodox church, because he knew it will not end well. After what happened, I had to admit that I was wrong, and that all what I said about how the Priest was very nice and understanding, turned to be a mask.

Don't worry, I didn't want him or the Church to support my "lifestyle". I already know his opinion about that and never did I think he was approving of anything. I just wanted to go to the church and let God guide me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 06:55:31 PM by Raylight »

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #24398 on: August 05, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »

Please, pray for me.

So the best way is to just cancel any contact right away as if I'm some type of a criminal!! We were clear already, I know the Church's teaching and I don't intend to change it or challenge it. What he did was hurtful. And I felt like slap in the face, because my partner warned me over and over to NOT go to the Orthodox church, because he knew it will not end well. After what happened, I had to admit that I was wrong.

He didn't say that.

Maybe you should make a thread instead...
It's common knowledge that you secretly want to be born in early 17th century Russia.  As a serf or a royal, I know not.  Chances are serf.

Raylight

« Reply #24399 on: August 05, 2015, 08:54:43 PM »

Please, pray for me.

So the best way is to just cancel any contact right away as if I'm some type of a criminal!! We were clear already, I know the Church's teaching and I don't intend to change it or challenge it. What he did was hurtful. And I felt like slap in the face, because my partner warned me over and over to NOT go to the Orthodox church, because he knew it will not end well. After what happened, I had to admit that I was wrong.

He didn't say that.

Maybe you should make a thread instead...

I didn't make a thread because I don't wish the subject to evolve into something else. I shared what happened here so just you know, and to pray for me.

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me Sts. Mina & Kyrillos for my interviews
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #24400 on: August 05, 2015, 10:35:37 PM »
Mina and Mor--I appreciate all that I've learned and you putting in the time to answer this and that for me; however much it might not have worked in the end, it's nonetheless appreciated. I gave it the 'good old college dropout try' on my end as well, for whatever that's worth. You're good people.

Justin, you are one of my favorite posters here, who gives very insightful and intelligent thoughts.  I hope you continue to contribute.  One thing I want you to remember:

Never forget about the eternal and uncreated Love, the reason we exist, the reason we procreate, the reason we commemorate, the reason we die.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24401 on: August 06, 2015, 01:50:34 PM »
Sometimes, I think people just copy and paste paragraphs from random word generators into the midst of hotly debated threads just to see if anyone will respond.
God bless!

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #24402 on: August 07, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »

Please, pray for me.

This is ridiculous. The priests actions, I mean. Christ himself was causing all sorts of scandals by hanging out with all kinds of people. I feel sorry for you and will light a candle for you next sunday at church.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #24403 on: August 07, 2015, 03:15:19 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/blindcatrescue?utm_source=crowd-live-backend&utm_medium=visit-channel&utm_campaign=notifications

A free webcam which shows the cats in a North Carolina animal shelter. They also have a Roku streaming TV channel. Fun for all ages. Very relaxing. All the cat nap footage you could ever need. :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24404 on: August 07, 2015, 03:32:20 PM »
http://www.ustream.tv/blindcatrescue?utm_source=crowd-live-backend&utm_medium=visit-channel&utm_campaign=notifications

A free webcam which shows the cats in a North Carolina animal shelter. They also have a Roku streaming TV channel. Fun for all ages. Very relaxing. All the cat nap footage you could ever need. :)
I have enough cats at home that I can watch endless cat naps to my hearts content.  :D
God bless!

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #24405 on: August 07, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »
How do you speak of a priest who 'did' your marriage sacrament? "Fr. so-and-so did our wedding" sounds off to me. "Fr. so-and-so performed our wedding" also sounds off. "Fr. so-and-so married us" is understandable, but kinda funny sounding, and may come to have multiple meanings in the perception of some non-Orthodox eventually. The same would go for "Fr. so-and-so joined us in marriage" (and perhaps moreso). Are one of these nonetheless the norm? Or something else, perhaps something more formal and awkward like "Fr. so-and-so presided over the joining of my wife and me in the marital sacrament/service"?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:36:18 PM by Justin Kissel »
Facts unloading, please to wait

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #24406 on: August 07, 2015, 05:46:47 PM »

Please, pray for me.

This is ridiculous. The priests actions, I mean. Christ himself was causing all sorts of scandals by hanging out with all kinds of people. I feel sorry for you and will light a candle for you next sunday at church.
And yet St. Paul counseled us to not even eat with a man who claims to be Christian but doesn't live the life of a Christian. So don't be so quick to judge the motives of a priest you do not know.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:49:11 PM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Theophania

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #24407 on: August 07, 2015, 09:12:58 PM »
Sometimes, I think people just copy and paste paragraphs from random word generators into the midst of hotly debated threads just to see if anyone will respond.

This would explain a lot.

Raylight

« Reply #24408 on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:32 PM »

Please, pray for me.

Thank you Alpo :)  I'm trying to understand his perspective, even though I can't really forgive him for just cutting me out like that.

Raylight

« Reply #24409 on: August 07, 2015, 10:00:16 PM »
I will have take a long break from the forum and any forum for that matter. Very important days are coming and the university will start soon. I will put somethings on hold and try to change my focus until God pull me back.

Thanks to all of you for the great time. Please pray for me, a sinner.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 10:07:53 PM by Raylight »

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #24410 on: August 07, 2015, 11:14:35 PM »
I wouldn't mind having a comic book superhero who goes off and fights against ISIS. Captain Assyria, anyone?

(And yes, I'm aware that Marvel already had a short-lived character by that name, who however was just an alternate-world version of Captain America and had little to do with the actual Assyrian people).
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Online RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • Spiritual Vision of God's Radiance
  • Faith: hesychast navel gazer
  • Jurisdiction: high level theosis with pews
« Reply #24411 on: August 07, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »
Bought a CRT monitor for my poverty PC build.

1998 never looked so good.
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24412 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:38 PM »
I will have take a long break from the forum and any forum for that matter. Very important days are coming and the university will start soon. I will put somethings on hold and try to change my focus until God pull me back.

Thanks to all of you for the great time. Please pray for me, a sinner.

God be with you Ray.  Stay strong and never stop seeking the Truth.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #24413 on: August 09, 2015, 12:14:12 AM »
I wish I could sing gooder.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #24414 on: August 09, 2015, 01:38:35 AM »
How do you speak of a priest who 'did' your marriage sacrament? "Fr. so-and-so did our wedding" sounds off to me. "Fr. so-and-so performed our wedding" also sounds off. "Fr. so-and-so married us" is understandable, but kinda funny sounding, and may come to have multiple meanings in the perception of some non-Orthodox eventually. The same would go for "Fr. so-and-so joined us in marriage" (and perhaps moreso). Are one of these nonetheless the norm? Or something else, perhaps something more formal and awkward like "Fr. so-and-so presided over the joining of my wife and me in the marital sacrament/service"?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Offline Eastern Mind

• High Elder
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch (Maronite)
« Reply #24415 on: August 09, 2015, 10:30:48 AM »

I love watching this on Roku. It's fun to turn it on and get my cats all wound up. There's also a bird channel that streams in Virginia :D
My anime double posts here.

^^^ It's been so long since I've been here I literally have no idea what that is even referring to o_O

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #24416 on: August 11, 2015, 10:52:02 AM »
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/10/9118199/public-transportation-subway-buses

An interesting article on US public transporting.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #24417 on: August 11, 2015, 03:16:42 PM »
Brazilian Beef Cuts

American Beef Cuts

Dutch Beef Cuts

UK Beef Cuts
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 03:19:07 PM by Fabio Leite »
Many Energies, 3 Persons, 2 Natures, 1 God, 1 Church, 1 Baptism, and 1 Cup. The Son begotten only from the Father, the Spirit proceeding only from the Father, Each glorifying the Other. The Son sends the Spirit, the Spirit Reveals the Son, the Father is seen in the Son. The Spirit spoke through the Prophets and Fathers and does so even today.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24418 on: August 11, 2015, 03:20:26 PM »
good to know

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24419 on: August 11, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »
Those poor UK people who don't ever get to eat tenderloin, my heart goes out to them.  :'(
God bless!

Offline seekeroftruth777

• Archon
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOARCH
« Reply #24420 on: August 11, 2015, 03:35:09 PM »
Those poor UK people who don't ever get to eat tenderloin, my heart goes out to them.  :'(

As you can see there are reasons we left the brits. Add this to the list alongside taxation, bad tea and bad beer  :D

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #24421 on: August 11, 2015, 03:40:14 PM »
They may have remedied the beer issue since then. I like Boddington's and Bass Ale.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #24422 on: August 11, 2015, 10:18:48 PM »
good to know
It couldn't wait 'til this Saturday. ::) Oh, that's right. The Old Calenderists START their fast this Friday. ;)
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #24423 on: August 11, 2015, 10:23:43 PM »
The run-up to the Little League World Series is underway. I'm watching a game right now.

Don't know if any teams from my area are in it. I will check to see if I have anyone to cheer for. :)

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #24424 on: August 11, 2015, 10:31:13 PM »
good to know
It couldn't wait 'til this Saturday. ::) Oh, that's right. The Old Calenderists START their fast this Friday. ;)

Most who follow the old calendar are not Old Calendarists.  :police:
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #24425 on: August 11, 2015, 10:34:28 PM »
I had two interviews this week, thanks be to God. I am also helping a family friend with an editing project. :)

Offline Fabio Leite

• Protokentarchos
    • Vida Ortodoxa
« Reply #24426 on: August 12, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
good to know

It's coming for you...

Rougarou: (...) the wolf-like beast will hunt down and kill Catholics who do not follow the rules of Lent. This coincides with the French Catholic loup-garou stories, according to which the method for turning into a werewolf is to break Lent seven years in a row.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rougarou
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 09:34:20 AM by Fabio Leite »

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24427 on: August 12, 2015, 12:04:39 PM »
good to know

Our fast is 15 days, sooooo, it started on Aug 7 :P

Offline Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #24428 on: August 12, 2015, 01:33:11 PM »
good to know

Our fast is 15 days, sooooo, it started on Aug 7 :P

Everyone's fast is fifteen days, you guys just have different dates.  :P
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #24429 on: August 12, 2015, 02:18:33 PM »
Really, when does the fast end for everyone?  For Copts the last day is 21st, and the feast the 22nd.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24430 on: August 12, 2015, 03:09:05 PM »
The fast ends on the 14th and the feast is on the 15th.
God bless!

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #24431 on: August 12, 2015, 09:35:57 PM »
I just found a computer file that had a descriptions of some dreams I had in 2011... super trippy and odd, I must have used drugs back then and just forgot or something. 8)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #24432 on: August 13, 2015, 06:41:25 AM »
Engrished by Google Translate:
Before long column of cross row to return to the Holy Resurrection Cathedral, chorus of choir singing in honor joy the Lord's resurrection was heard from the beginning. When the Iri-do Daniil Office bishop from priests again from the front entrance, while Furimaki incense in five languages ​​"Christ resurrected!" And repeatedly declared. On the other hand, they were participants prayer who is aligned meet the "really back!".

This "Christ resurrected!" Response of "really resurrected!" Was repeated this night many times. According to the Kliment Kitahara Fumi-mon Father is one of the priest of the church, this time used language is Japanese (St. Nikolai Nakai translation of the Meiji era), Church Slavic, Greek, Romanian, and that's English .

http://www.christiantoday.co.jp/articles/15822/20150414/nicholai-do-pascha.htm
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #24433 on: August 13, 2015, 06:56:13 AM »
:D

Who do we want?
Christ!
How do we want him?
Really resurrected!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #24434 on: August 14, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Posted a few memes today, made a bunch of stupid comments, all in all, a pretty productive day at work if I may say so myself. Happy weekend everyone!  :)
God bless!