Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5542928 times)

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #23490 on: January 31, 2015, 11:58:53 PM »
Well, I downloaded an iTunes update tonight, and it decided to eat all the music I had burned or downloaded into the system since September of last year. Which is quite a bit. So I raided some old external drives, and found part of the music. I was able to go to eMusic and download a big bunch of old audiobooks, which was good! Tomorrow, after church, I'm going to see if I can find one other external drive, where I'm pretty sure I kept the rest of my music. Moral of the story: before you download iTunes update, have your old storage drives handy.  :)
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #23491 on: February 01, 2015, 03:00:28 AM »
I'm having an unexpected urge to colour my hair orange again. It's  been some years since I did that but I think I still have the coloring shampoo somewhere. It would be fun to see the faces of my colleagues on monday.

Get yourself a fresh pack. The old stuff has probably gone off by now. Using it could cause damage to hair or skin.

Thanks. Maybe I should. Or at least check the expiration date if there's one on the bottle.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #23492 on: February 01, 2015, 04:03:27 AM »
I almost ran over a suicidal cat earlier this evening.  It was an orange cat.

This is a sign that Alpo should dye his hair.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:03:59 AM by hecma925 »
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #23493 on: February 01, 2015, 08:28:28 AM »
Well, I downloaded an iTunes update tonight, and it decided to eat all the music I had burned or downloaded into the system since September of last year. Which is quite a bit. So I raided some old external drives, and found part of the music. I was able to go to eMusic and download a big bunch of old audiobooks, which was good! Tomorrow, after church, I'm going to see if I can find one other external drive, where I'm pretty sure I kept the rest of my music. Moral of the story: before you download iTunes update, have your old storage drives handy.  :)
My iTunes also appeared to have lost all my music (though it was still all on my iPod). I eventually found it buried somewhere in the MyMusic folder. iTunes connected with that just fine and repopulated itself. But yes, you're right, be sure things are in more than one place! I don't trust iTunes or other "iProducts". They are becoming increasingly unreliable and frustrating.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #23494 on: February 01, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
I almost ran over a suicidal cat earlier this evening.  It was an orange cat.

This is a sign that Alpo should dye his hair.

God works in mysterious ways. If something doesn't make even slightest sense, it must be intended by God.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #23495 on: February 01, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »
Update: the missing external disc drive has been found! It fell behind the dresser. This afternoon, my Dad found it. Hooray! :)

Now, I'll be busy copying and pasting a ton of music from the external drive to the C drive. Yay!

:)

Offline Joha

• High Elder
  • Κύριε, σῶσόν με! Κύριε, ἐλέησον!
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #23496 on: February 01, 2015, 02:51:36 PM »
I'm having an unexpected urge to colour my hair orange again. It's  been some years since I did that but I think I still have the coloring shampoo somewhere. It would be fun to see the faces of my colleagues on monday.

Get yourself a fresh pack. The old stuff has probably gone off by now. Using it could cause damage to hair or skin.

Or turn it green... could be interesting as well :p
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ
Psalm 57:2 I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me.
You're big :P
The art of cherry picking

Offline Tommelomsky

• High Elder
« Reply #23497 on: February 01, 2015, 07:06:04 PM »
It is better to flourish in solitude than fading in an unhealthy community.
I will not be posting or participating here anymore.
They claim this is an Orthodox Christian forum.
Well, it is not!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #23498 on: February 03, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »
I am currently on timed internet use, the rest of my time has be spent resting in a dark room....

So I have been listening to Ancient Faith Radio while i doze.....

Can I just say there is nothing like waking up to the words 'If you have used too much dry ice, just remove it for a while, accidently freezing the body is reversible, unlike embalming'

:o

my very sore brain took a few moments to realize it was the podcast for 'A Christian Ending' rather than a murder forensics show.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23499 on: February 03, 2015, 09:24:10 PM »
I am currently on timed internet use, the rest of my time has be spent resting in a dark room....

Can I just say there is nothing like waking up to the words 'If you have used too much dry ice, just remove it for a while, accidently freezing the body is reversible, unlike embalming'

my very sore brain took a few moments to realize it was the podcast for 'A Christian Ending' rather than a murder forensics show.

Did you check to see if you had dry ice on you,just to be sure?   ;)
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #23500 on: February 03, 2015, 09:26:55 PM »

I admit that I did do a 'am i alive' check....yes
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23501 on: February 03, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »

Ah, but would there be Ancient Faith podcasts in heaven?  Especially about "A Christian Ending"?  That would be a strange joke by God.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
« Reply #23502 on: February 03, 2015, 09:37:18 PM »

Ah, but would there be Ancient Faith podcasts in heaven?  Especially about "A Christian Ending"?  That would be a strange joke by God.

I am glad you are so sure where i would be......;)

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23503 on: February 03, 2015, 09:39:16 PM »

I am glad you are so sure where i would be......;)

Yikes, that would be a cruel joke by the Devil.  Let's not think about that.  At least your arm hasn't been frozen off by dry ice.

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #23504 on: February 03, 2015, 10:56:53 PM »
Domestic abuse campaigners are targeting the film Fifty Shades of Grey which is set to be released on Valentine's Day.

When I first heard the title of that book series/movie, I mistakenly thought it had to have been about old people.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #23505 on: February 03, 2015, 11:38:12 PM »
I don't like 50 Shades of Grey (book or movie); however, I don't want anyone telling me what to read or watch.  Looks like the domestic abuse support industry is spouting thoughtcrime.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #23506 on: February 03, 2015, 11:47:05 PM »
It's terribly ironic, releasing it on valentines day

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #23507 on: February 03, 2015, 11:58:41 PM »
I thought the line that always gets repeated is that whatever happens between two consenting adults is between them and no one else should stick their nose in it. Does that not apply to weirdo kinky sex stuff?
God bless!

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #23508 on: February 04, 2015, 12:36:48 AM »
I thought the line that always gets repeated is that whatever happens between two consenting adults is between them and no one else should stick their nose in it. Does that not apply to weirdo kinky sex stuff?

Sticking your nose into what's between two consenting adults is in chapter 9.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
  • Ad Aluminum!
  • Faith: DSM 5
  • Jurisdiction: Apostle to the Church of ASD
« Reply #23509 on: February 04, 2015, 12:41:06 AM »
I don't like 50 Shades of Grey (book or movie); however, I don't want anyone telling me what to read or watch.  Looks like the domestic abuse support industry is spouting thoughtcrime.

If anything is a thought crime it is that garbage. It even surpasses arachne's erotica, a blessed endeavor to be sure, if only cause more people have read it and those who have seem to take it seiusouly.

Really if anyone uses the term erotica without laughing or wincing they should be shot. pr0n or go home.
January 23, 2016, 03:47:17 PM   Ad Hominem - "mere foil"   +45

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #23510 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:50 AM »

If anything is a thought crime it is that garbage. It even surpasses arachne's erotica, a blessed endeavor to be sure, if only cause more people have read it and those who have seem to take it seiusouly.

Really if anyone uses the term erotica without laughing or wincing they should be shot. pr0n or go home.

There's no good retort to the above statements....   :-[

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #23511 on: February 04, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »

Apparently not.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #23512 on: February 04, 2015, 03:22:12 PM »

I laughed and laughed.  :)
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #23513 on: February 07, 2015, 04:52:57 PM »
I bought a bamboo fiber coffee mug today. It's supposed to be biodegradable. Hopefully I can stop using those regular take away mugs now.

Offline Tommelomsky

• High Elder
« Reply #23514 on: February 07, 2015, 06:38:03 PM »
Too scared to go alone to Stockholm and take shots on the metro (yes, with a semi-pro camera), but thinking about going alone to Corfu in March for a much needed week of rest. To see the relics Saint Spyridion and Saint Theodora, pray, visit churches and being in a totally strange country and not knowing the language.

In Stockholm it would be fine as I can speak, read and understand swedish perfectly.
Weird huh? A bit yeah.

???
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:39:16 PM by Tommelomsky »
Well, it is not!

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
« Reply #23515 on: February 07, 2015, 06:52:47 PM »
Too scared to go alone to Stockholm and take shots on the metro (yes, with a semi-pro camera), but thinking about going alone to Corfu in March for a much needed week of rest. To see the relics Saint Spyridion and Saint Theodora, pray, visit churches and being in a totally strange country and not knowing the language.

In Stockholm it would be fine as I can speak, read and understand swedish perfectly.
Weird huh? A bit yeah.

???

Stockholm syndrome.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline Tommelomsky

• High Elder
« Reply #23516 on: February 07, 2015, 07:06:17 PM »
Well, it is not!

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23517 on: February 08, 2015, 02:01:55 AM »

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23518 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:58 AM »
Kraft's barbecue sauce commercial made me want to vomit.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #23519 on: February 08, 2015, 05:49:19 AM »
I went to a Russian parish today. It was quite lovely. I don't understand Russian or Church Slavonic but that wasn't any kind of problem as I know the service. It was quite easy to follow along and Russian customs are almost identical to Finnish customs. I think I'm going to attend the parish from time to time since it is nearer to my apartment than any of the Finnish churches.

Offline hecma925

• Toumarches
« Reply #23520 on: February 08, 2015, 08:14:37 AM »
I went to a Russian parish today. It was quite lovely. I don't understand Russian or Church Slavonic but that wasn't any kind of problem as I know the service. It was quite easy to follow along and Russian customs are almost identical to Finnish customs. I think I'm going to attend the parish from time to time since it is nearer to my apartment than any of the Finnish churches.

What's a custom that is uniquely Finnish?

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
« Reply #23521 on: February 08, 2015, 08:33:06 AM »

What's a custom that is uniquely Finnish?

No such thing. But we've been part of the EP for almost hundred years now and we have some customs that we've acquired after the separation from MP. Gregorian calendar being one fairly infamous example. Still, I felt right at home despite language I felt right at home so the differences are fairly minor.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #23522 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:42 PM »
Testing something...

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
« Reply #23523 on: February 09, 2015, 04:28:37 PM »
James David Manning (who is the black Fred Phelps) is at it again:

Explaining that he and his followers are neither “lunatics” nor “haters,” he explained, “We’re talking about young girls, 6 to 10 years of age. They can be led or influenced to cut off their breasts once they get into puberty. They can be led to have operations — like Justin Bieber — they can think that the best choice for their life is to cut off their breasts. And then by the time they reach the age of 20 years old, they say, ‘I wish I had never cut off my breasts, I wish I had never mutilated my flesh, I wish I had never cut off my penis, I wish I had never done that, I was just young. And the people in the church or the people in the media said or gave the impression that I had a right to choose any kind of sexual orientation that I wanted to choose, and so I cut off my penis or I cut off my breasts.”

I'm no fan of the Biebs, but seriously? This guy also claims that the "cream" Starbucks puts in their coffee....isn't really cream.

And back in 2008, he was promoting "birther" conspiracy theories and racially-charged rhetoric. He thinks President Obama is both gay AND has a secret love child, and that the president should be executed. He's basically the Jeremiah Wright of the right.

There are nuts like this in every religion, communion and denomination, though.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:29:25 PM by Minnesotan »

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23524 on: February 12, 2015, 09:06:12 PM »
Testing something...
About this post: when the old version of OC.net no longer showed the dots next to people's posts, I thought that maybe I was no longer on moderation, so I wrote this post to test and see if I was right. Unfortunately, I was still being moderated.

But I'm not any more! Yay! :)

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Gunnarr

• Archon
« Reply #23525 on: February 13, 2015, 04:31:19 AM »
Guys we need a place to mourn for the old forum :( I am lost
I am a demonic servant! Beware!

Offline Joha

• High Elder
  • Κύριε, σῶσόν με! Κύριε, ἐλέησον!
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #23526 on: February 13, 2015, 04:54:14 AM »

that has something to do with the new forum  ???

(sorry!!! I really can't help myself when someone says something like that)
Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ
Psalm 57:2 I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me.
You're big :P
The art of cherry picking

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #23527 on: February 13, 2015, 09:46:04 AM »
I forsee a schism between Old Forumists and New Forumists with the New Forumists being condemned as heretical ecumenists.  :laugh:
God bless!

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23528 on: February 13, 2015, 01:46:37 PM »
I forsee a schism between Old Forumists and New Forumists with the New Forumists being condemned as heretical ecumenists.  :laugh:

That would be rather interesting, in my opinion.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #23529 on: February 13, 2015, 02:03:30 PM »

Avast ye!  :police:

Offline Severian

• My posts on this site don't necessarily reflect my current position on any given subject.
  • Taxiarches
  • Pat. St. Severus, pray for my family & friends
    • St. Severus of Antioch's Writings
  • Faith: Coptic Orthodox Christian
« Reply #23530 on: February 14, 2015, 12:08:24 AM »
Not feelin' this new format...
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die [...] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -The Lord Jesus Christ

No longer active on OC.net. Please pray for me and forgive any harm I might have caused by my ignorance and malice. Pls email me, don't send PMs.

Offline Peacemaker

• No Profile Edits
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #23531 on: February 14, 2015, 03:27:29 AM »
I have beer hiccups!!!!  >:( :o :laugh: :'(

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #23532 on: February 14, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
Things certainly aren't boring over here.

Lord have mercy on us all.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23533 on: February 14, 2015, 09:24:11 PM »
You can say that again.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:24:46 PM by Chiere »

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23534 on: February 15, 2015, 05:48:47 AM »
Fairies wear boots and I strongly implore you to believe me. I saw it myself, truly I saw it, I wouldn't tell you a lie. Yeah! I firmly believe that fairies wear boots and that you should give it thoughtful consideration. I'm telling you that I saw it with my own lense-corrected eyes. Well all right now!
Facts unloading, please to wait