Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 5569469 times)

Raylight

Re: Random Postings
« Reply #22995 on: December 08, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »
I think I'm addicted to Starbucks. Oh well, I guess it is better than other type of addictions  ;D
always preferred Tim Horton's compared to the base of anything starbucks had. and for fancy drinks, Wegmans/SPoT is superior

The first day I came here, my friends told me I have to switch from Starbuck to Tim Horton's. I might try it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:15:14 PM by Raylight »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #22996 on: December 08, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »
I think I'm addicted to Starbucks. Oh well, I guess it is better than other type of addictions  ;D
always preferred Tim Horton's compared to the base of anything starbucks had. and for fancy drinks, Wegmans/SPoT is superior

The first day I came here, my friends told me I have to switch from Starbuck to Tim Horton's. I might try it tomorrow.

Wait, you don't live in Yemen?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Raylight

« Reply #22997 on: December 08, 2014, 04:22:05 PM »

Wait, you don't live in Yemen?

Yemen!!!! Why do you think I live in Yemen ?!?! And to answer your question, no, I'm not from Yemen.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:25:53 PM by Raylight »

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Toumarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #22998 on: December 08, 2014, 04:27:00 PM »
I suppose when you kept telling us you can't go to church and can't divulge your native language I came to think you lived in Saudi Arabia or someplace like that.
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Raylight

« Reply #22999 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:27 PM »
I suppose when you kept telling us you can't go to church and can't divulge your native language I came to think you lived in Saudi Arabia or someplace like that.

Yes, I did live in a country where converting to Christianity is a social crime but not a legal crime.  And it wasn't okay to go to a church and convert, because it would cause a lot of issues. However, I had the freedom to practice my faith privately.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #23000 on: December 08, 2014, 04:35:39 PM »
How about conversions to atheism?  ;)
God bless!

Raylight

« Reply #23001 on: December 08, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
How about conversions to atheism?  ;)

It is also a social crime but less than when you convert to Christianity, but Atheism doesn't require all what Christianity does, being Atheist is just the lack of belief in a god.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Take comfort in the warmth of the Jacuzzi of Oriental Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #23002 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:13 PM »

Tim Horton's is great...but not for coffee. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Actually, Mor's face shineth like the Sun.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #23003 on: December 08, 2014, 04:52:29 PM »

Personal favourites, and this is coming from someone that's worked at one 

Iced Coffee
Steeped tea( personally get milk and sugar)
Coffee(black)
Frozen Lemonade when I'm in that sort of mood
Iced Capps also popular, but less with me
If they still have it, iced green tea
I only buy the iced tea during the summer when it is a dollar
Smoothies are good too

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #23004 on: December 08, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »

Says you :-P

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #23005 on: December 08, 2014, 07:10:38 PM »

Says you :-P

That's right.  And so am I.

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #23006 on: December 08, 2014, 07:17:43 PM »
I think I'm addicted to Starbucks. Oh well, I guess it is better than other type of addictions  ;D

It isn't. I have more respect for heroin junks than for people hooked on overpriced hipster sludge. At least heroin junks don't pretend to have dignity.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:22:21 PM by Cyrillic »

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #23007 on: December 08, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
I think I'm addicted to Starbucks. Oh well, I guess it is better than other type of addictions  ;D

It isn't. I have more respect for heroin junks than for people hooked on overpriced hipster sludge. At least heroin junks don't pretend to have dignity.

No hipster would be caught dead in Starbucks, unless it's for the irony.

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23008 on: December 08, 2014, 08:28:13 PM »
Testing my bluetooth keyboard... man this is small... and who put the delete key down there? Oh well, I will get used to it... much better than a stylus...

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #23009 on: December 09, 2014, 01:46:18 AM »
I don't want to go to work. I want to sleep. Sleep for something like two months.
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
« Reply #23010 on: December 09, 2014, 01:50:15 AM »
I don't want to go to work. I want to sleep. Sleep for something like two months.

Same here.
My only weakness is, well, never mind

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23011 on: December 09, 2014, 02:13:42 AM »
You shouldn't sleep that long. You might get a headache.

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
  • Lugia stares deep into the depths of your soul
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Indianapolis
« Reply #23012 on: December 09, 2014, 11:25:53 PM »

Same here.

Me too. I'd go to sleep on January 2 and not wake up until March 2.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #23013 on: December 10, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
Finally, after several months, I have finished making (a very rough sketch of) a conlang. Appearently, it is customary for people, when having created a language, to translate Genesis 11, 1-9, so...

Ast su zāl bōdho iekys ény vesas ast ény eskus. Ast fu beth eisar des uvodisa, beth hriesha ei noza u Shinar ast taguēkumin terek. Beth jenses iti arosafrai, ”Hazi, āuzie wōso dhakaboshi ast akkasanan bath vake.” Beth sadar dhakabosho zēn bosho ast edary iti dhakapos. Tju beth jenses, ”Hazi, āuzie wōso dhaka en dizi aba en evidhakaim zēn uēloshan ani iti sa ihhīnah, ast dhoaekhim en kō baeda wōso, safrahrisno rēs lan choska fibusin tha bunafi su zāl bōdho. ” Ryn sa Ānsu haziō ethar baeda ge fala su dizi ast su evidhakaim, khinon shi sernysmatui dhakaiō. Ast sa Ānsu jenses, ”Fala, beth jan ény chēwu, ast beth ekysesh ény vesas. Rasla beth deshielasan ge raero yekoh, fāliles, afi tes beth bunafifalachan, lan jīo boraeroirr baeda bath. Āuzie wōso lyna ethar terek borashfibus betha vesasi, yekoh ge beth naoz unanfev arosafrai.” Tju sa Ānsu fibusiō betha āfor terek tha bunafi su zāl bōdho, yekoh ge beth miesh dasekan ge dhaka su dizi. Terekbaeda, su kō afi su dizi jan Babel, bunālta terek, sa Ānsu borashfibusiō su vesas pi zāl bōdho, ast āfor terek sa Ānsu fibusiō shi sernysmatui tha bunafi su zāl bōdho.          

... and in english.  ;D
11 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #23014 on: December 10, 2014, 07:58:34 PM »
Finally, after several months, I have finished making (a very rough sketch of) a conlang. Appearently, it is customary for people, when having created a language, to translate Genesis 11, 1-9, so...

Ast su zāl bōdho iekys ény vesas ast ény eskus. Ast fu beth eisar des uvodisa, beth hriesha ei noza u Shinar ast taguēkumin terek. Beth jenses iti arosafrai, ”Hazi, āuzie wōso dhakaboshi ast akkasanan bath vake.” Beth sadar dhakabosho zēn bosho ast edary iti dhakapos. Tju beth jenses, ”Hazi, āuzie wōso dhaka en dizi aba en evidhakaim zēn uēloshan ani iti sa ihhīnah, ast dhoaekhim en kō baeda wōso, safrahrisno rēs lan choska fibusin tha bunafi su zāl bōdho. ” Ryn sa Ānsu haziō ethar baeda ge fala su dizi ast su evidhakaim, khinon shi sernysmatui dhakaiō. Ast sa Ānsu jenses, ”Fala, beth jan ény chēwu, ast beth ekysesh ény vesas. Rasla beth deshielasan ge raero yekoh, fāliles, afi tes beth bunafifalachan, lan jīo boraeroirr baeda bath. Āuzie wōso lyna ethar terek borashfibus betha vesasi, yekoh ge beth naoz unanfev arosafrai.” Tju sa Ānsu fibusiō betha āfor terek tha bunafi su zāl bōdho, yekoh ge beth miesh dasekan ge dhaka su dizi. Terekbaeda, su kō afi su dizi jan Babel, bunālta terek, sa Ānsu borashfibusiō su vesas pi zāl bōdho, ast āfor terek sa Ānsu fibusiō shi sernysmatui tha bunafi su zāl bōdho.          

Audio recording, please!  Dictionary and reference grammar a plus!

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #23015 on: December 10, 2014, 08:19:04 PM »

Audio recording, please!  Dictionary and reference grammar a plus!

I lack a recorder and my dictionary is incomplete, but give me a couple of months and I might be able to dish something up.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Jonathan Gress

• Taxiarches
« Reply #23016 on: December 10, 2014, 08:19:16 PM »

... and in english.  ;D
11 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the Lord did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the Lord scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Frickin' A!

Offline JamesR

• The Second Coming of Jason
  • Taxiarches
  • Remember me?
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #23017 on: December 10, 2014, 10:11:04 PM »
Does anybody here know anything about writing screenplay like movie scripts? I'm trying to get into this genre of writing but I don't know much about the proper formatting and rules.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #23018 on: December 10, 2014, 10:13:12 PM »
For those of you not in the private fora, you are really missing out on some exciting stuff!  :P
God bless!

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #23019 on: December 10, 2014, 10:15:15 PM »
Does anybody here know anything about writing screenplay like movie scripts? I'm trying to get into this genre of writing but I don't know much about the proper formatting and rules.

There are special software programs that help with writing screenplays (All screenplays need to be in a specific format, otherwise they won't usually get taken seriously).

Trelby is a free and open source program for this purpose; it comes with a manual that explains a lot of the stuff you'll need to know.

There are also instructions for writing screenplays here.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 10:19:34 PM by Minnesotan »
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #23020 on: December 11, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »
2/4 of my classes for the fall are now finished, with one being done by end of friday and the other done most likely monday, f not tuesday at the latest

Offline Minnesotan

• Archon
  • Milo Thatch is the ONLY Milo for me. #FreeAtlantis
« Reply #23021 on: December 11, 2014, 02:32:33 AM »
Sheikh Muhammad: the Muslim poet whom Hindus venerate as a saint.
I'm not going to be posting as much on OC.Net as before. I might stop in once in a while though. But I've come to realize that real life is more important.

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23022 on: December 11, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
For those of you not in the private fora, you are really missing out on some exciting stuff!  :P

Please PM me info and pics ASAP!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #23023 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:26 AM »

Here is a picture that encapsulates what is going on right now.

God bless!

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #23024 on: December 11, 2014, 09:32:53 AM »

I'm still standing.  ;)
Am I posting? Or is it Schroedinger's Cat?

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #23025 on: December 11, 2014, 10:29:34 AM »

I'm still standing.  ;)

You're the guy up in the top right corner, about to drop The People's Elbow on her foes.  ;)
Now accepting brief PMs.

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #23026 on: December 11, 2014, 03:35:30 PM »
Just found out that the priest who lead OCF at my undergrad has been assigned to a parish in CT

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #23027 on: December 12, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »
In addition, I have now passed 100 days spent on here

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23028 on: December 13, 2014, 04:31:21 AM »

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23029 on: December 13, 2014, 12:40:25 PM »

I'd be there right now if it weren't for my moderation. :(

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23030 on: December 14, 2014, 09:29:05 AM »
What's up, everyone? I'm doing great...fantastic in fact. No more yellow dot for me!

To God Be the Glory!

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Hoplitarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #23031 on: December 14, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »
Hello! I am back from my vacation (from posting)! How is everyone today?

Welcome back!
Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23032 on: December 14, 2014, 08:48:22 PM »
Thank you! It's good to be back!

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Chiere

• Reserve Grand Champion
  • Penalty Box
  • High Elder
« Reply #23033 on: December 15, 2014, 09:11:04 AM »
DOUBLE POST!!!!

Anyways, tonight is my company's Christmas party! Yay! It's goin to be held at a place where people can jump around. I think the name of the place is SkyZone. So I'm really excited about that.

To God Be the Glory!

Offline Adela

• OC.net guru
« Reply #23034 on: December 15, 2014, 01:52:47 PM »
Does anybody else relate to this?  I've been nostalgic lately about being a kid in the 70's.  This brings some of it back.

Video "I Can't Believe We Made It"
If you grew up in the 1950's through the 1980's this is a tribute to you making it to adulthood
http://vimeo.com/52231459

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #23035 on: December 15, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Three cloves of garlic, some jalapenos and a bit too much of chili powder.   :-X :'(
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline methodius

• Elder
« Reply #23036 on: December 15, 2014, 04:30:59 PM »
..... and a  partridge in a pear tree!
kyrie eleison

Online Asteriktos

• Lame!
  • Hypatos
« Reply #23037 on: December 15, 2014, 08:47:47 PM »
Why do all the best girls have to be gay?  :(

Offline RobS

• Formerly "nothing"
  • Archon
  • St. John Maximovitch, pray for me!
« Reply #23038 on: December 15, 2014, 09:12:45 PM »
Why do all the best girls have to be gay?  :(
Is that because they have eccentric tastes? I have nothing against lesbianism, but in my experience they seem obnoxious.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:14:18 PM by nothing »
"The business of the Christian is nothing else than to be ever preparing for death (μελεπᾷν ἀποθνήσκειν)."

— Saint Irenaeus of Lyons, Fragment XI

Offline TheMathematician

• Archon
« Reply #23039 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:52 AM »
I have now finished my last paper of the semester, and have also finished my first semester as a grad student. Less stressful than undergrad haha