Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2010449 times)

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #21510 on: July 16, 2014, 09:53:28 PM »
Do you want me to be serious? Putting aside the ridiculousness of the scenario -- Half your post is about yourself and consequences you are afraid to get into. That's not the spirit of Christ or any benignant man.

Yes please be serious.
...Or it's just possible he's a mouthy young man on an internet forum.
In the infinite wisdom of God, James can be all three.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Erst Amish Appalachian
  • Protokentarchos
  • and dilatory dilettante
    • Facebook page
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #21511 on: July 16, 2014, 09:59:02 PM »
The solution to this or any other fancies is to put them out of your head and occupy yourself with becoming a godly man.
In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • Holy Royal Martyr Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #21512 on: July 16, 2014, 10:12:36 PM »
James

Just go ask Orthonorm to tell you what to do.

You won't like or listen to anyone here anyhow, save everyone the time.

Wisdom.

Any 18 year old, no matter how immature, who is attracted to a ninth grader, is well... I'd rather not get the red dot.
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #21513 on: July 16, 2014, 10:23:02 PM »
Long story short, I've been falling in love with this young lady at my parish. The only problem is, however, that I'm 18 years old and she is 14 going on 15.

Here you go, James.

Statutory Rape Legal Advice

"If you are arrested for statutory rape, remain silent. Don't try to explain your side of it to the cops or talk your way out of it. Let me handle it; that's what I'm here for. A statutory rape charge can have significant consequences, which is why I will conduct a thorough investigation to help prove your side of the story...and your innocence."

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:23:53 PM by SolEX01 »

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #21514 on: July 16, 2014, 10:51:20 PM »
Is it a full moon?

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #21515 on: July 16, 2014, 10:54:43 PM »
James, you're closer in age to that girl than I am to my own husband, but there's a big difference between an 18 and 14/15 year-old and a 27 and 31/32 year-old. I don't think you're a pedophile, but I do think this scenario is loaded with potential disaster. Avoid.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
« Reply #21516 on: July 16, 2014, 10:56:40 PM »
James, you're closer in age to that girl than I am to my own husband, but there's a big difference between an 18 and 14/15 year-old and a 27 and 31/32 year-old. I don't think you're a pedophile, but I do think this scenario is loaded with potential disaster. Avoid.

I actually think a 14 year old might be too mature for him.

Not that he's serious anyway. Next week he'll be wanting to be permanently celibate, or a monk, or marry an atheist, or or or...
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #21517 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
James

Just go ask Orthonorm to tell you what to do.

You won't like or listen to anyone here anyhow, save everyone the time.

This.
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline Antonis

• "The Most Honourable The Morquess of Something"
  • OC.net guru
  • Ένας Νέος Θεοτόκος
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: GOA - Direct Archdiocesan District
« Reply #21518 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:28 PM »
Snus.

Sorry, felt like it had been too long since that had been mentioned.
As I dissipate, Christ precipitates.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21519 on: July 16, 2014, 10:59:38 PM »
Is it a full moon?

Close enough to one.  :P
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #21520 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »
Snus.

+1

Maybe he should spit on her and end this whole question.

Honestly. I am fairly certain that some people sit around chatting about what topic they can have the young man post to make us all react to him.

And then he and they sit there laughing at the OC net idiots for 'falling for it'

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #21521 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:41 PM »
Snus.

+1

Honestly. I am fairly certain that some people sit around chatting about what topic they can have the young man post to make us all react to him.

And then he and they sit there laughing at the OC net idiots for 'falling for it'

I've been here for 3 years and know several members here outside of the forum. I am legit. No group of people would troll you for that long.

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #21522 on: July 16, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »
Snus.

+1

I've been here for 3 years and know several members here outside of the forum. I am legit. No group of people would troll you for that long.

MC Hammer was 'too legit, too legit to quit' and then his career bombed and he lost everything in bankruptcy.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #21523 on: July 16, 2014, 11:15:30 PM »
Snus.

+1

Haven't been around the internet much.

There are trolls who have trolled the same place much longer than 3 years.

People Are Strange and get their jollies in ways you would not think of

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #21524 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:19 PM »
Long story short, I've been falling in love with this young lady at my parish. The only problem is, however, that I'm 18 years old and she is 14 going on 15. I've asked one of my good friends and she advised me to wait until she reaches legal age. But, I'm open to as many opinions as I can get.

So what should I do?

Listen to that "good friend".  Or listen to ZealousZeal.  And work on making yourself an even better you. 
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #21525 on: July 16, 2014, 11:49:18 PM »
Long story short, I've been falling in love with this young lady at my parish. The only problem is, however, that I'm 18 years old and she is 14 going on 15. I've asked one of my good friends and she advised me to wait until she reaches legal age. But, I'm open to as many opinions as I can get.

So what should I do? Am I too old for this young maiden? She's everything I've ever wanted--pious, blonde, mature, humble. Her family seems like nice people too imo. I'd like to ask her out on a date, but I am afraid that our age difference may be too much.

Will people perceive me as a pedophile? Will I be violating any laws? I don't plan on being sexually active unless/until I get married. Could a relationship like this work out? Also, is this dangerous for me? I know that me being an adult and her being a minor is kind of risky since that if we were to ever break up (assuming we got together) or I did something to tick her off, that she could lie and feign rape, in which case, I could be seriously busted and falsely labeled a child molester or something.
Write her an akathist. Works every time.
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21526 on: July 16, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »

So what should I do? Am I too old for this young maiden? She's everything I've ever wanted--pious, blonde, mature, humble. Her family seems like nice people too imo. I'd like to ask her out on a date, but I am afraid that our age difference may be too much.

Will people perceive me as a pedophile? Will I be violating any laws? I don't plan on being sexually active unless/until I get married. Could a relationship like this work out? Also, is this dangerous for me? I know that me being an adult and her being a minor is kind of risky since that if we were to ever break up (assuming we got together) or I did something to tick her off, that she could lie and feign rape, in which case, I could be seriously busted and falsely labeled a child molester or something.

After James' breathless paeans to the sainted Grand Duchess Maria, I don't think that'll be a good idea.  :P :P :P

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
« Reply #21527 on: July 16, 2014, 11:53:15 PM »

After James' breathless paeans to the sainted Grand Duchess Maria, I don't think that'll be a good idea.  :P :P :P

Oh of all days to remind me of that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:53:25 PM by kelly »

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #21528 on: July 16, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »
I think someone needs to write an akathist to servant of God, kelly.  JamesR, get on that.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21529 on: July 16, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »

After James' breathless paeans to the sainted Grand Duchess Maria, I don't think that'll be a good idea.  :P :P :P

Oh of all days to remind me of that.

Sorry, Kelly. But there was a higher purpose, you see ....

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
« Reply #21530 on: July 16, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »
I think someone needs to write an akathist to servant of God, kelly.  JamesR, get on that.

I'll take one for the team if it keeps him from writing religious erotica about poor Maria, who was murdered today the 17th.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21531 on: July 16, 2014, 11:58:25 PM »

I'll take one for the team if it keeps him from writing religious erotica about poor Maria, who was murdered today the 17th.

Precisely. There was method in my madness.  ;)

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #21532 on: July 17, 2014, 12:04:08 AM »

Let me list the issues here, pedophile aside.

1. 14 year old church going girls do not go out on 'dates', and certainly not an unchaperoned one with an adult (although I hesitate to use this word, technically you are one)
2. 'her family seem nice'......have you talked to them? socialized with all of them together at a coffee hour or something? Have you actually spoken -with- this paragon of Orthodoxy and blond virtue? Or are you judging her personality from seeing her in Sunday School.  :laugh:
3. If she is 15, where do you see this whole thing going for the next 4+ years until she could marry you at age 18?
4. Her parents likely would like her not to go and get married the day after she turns 18 and instead be educated, experience life a bit. So extend that 'waiting time' for another 4+ years.  That would make you 27 give or take.  By then you will be
a. married to someone else (likely a virginal prostitute from some 3rd world country)
b. a monk because you don't ever want to get married
c  have gotten cancer from the snus

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #21533 on: July 17, 2014, 12:21:02 AM »

1. 14 year old church going girls do not go out on 'dates', and certainly not an unchaperoned one with an adult (although I hesitate to use this word, technically you are one)
2. 'her family seem nice'......have you talked to them? socialized with all of them together at a coffee hour or something? Have you actually spoken -with- this paragon of Orthodoxy and blond virtue? Or are you judging her personality from seeing her in Sunday School.  :laugh:
3. If she is 15, where do you see this whole thing going for the next 4+ years until she could marry you at age 18?
4. Her parents likely would like her not to go and get married the day after she turns 18 and instead be educated, experience life a bit. So extend that 'waiting time' for another 4+ years.  That would make you 27 give or take.  By then you will be
a. married to someone else (likely a virginal prostitute from some 3rd world country)
c  have gotten cancer from the snus

lol!

One has to remember from 14 to 18, you're a totally different person.  From 18-21, you're a totally different person.  From 21-25, you're a totally different person.  And once you hit 30, you get depressed.  :P

But seriously, James, you say you like what you see now, but if and when you decide to wait a very long time to date her at an appropriate age as ZZ alluded to, don't you think maybe she might be a whole lot different than what she was, and you yourself might be a whole lot different than what you are now?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:21:55 AM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #21534 on: July 17, 2014, 01:28:16 AM »

2. 'her family seem nice'......have you talked to them? socialized with all of them together at a coffee hour or something? Have you actually spoken -with- this paragon of Orthodoxy and blond virtue? Or are you judging her personality from seeing her in Sunday School.  :laugh:
4. Her parents likely would like her not to go and get married the day after she turns 18 and instead be educated, experience life a bit. So extend that 'waiting time' for another 4+ years.  That would make you 27 give or take.  By then you will be

Hahahahaha!

JamesR, easy formula.  X/2+7......She's too young for you.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #21535 on: July 17, 2014, 02:07:45 AM »

On OC.net thou wast annoyed and driven to near insanity by JamesR
Steadfast upholder of passive aggression,
You always bless our forum with humor and misplaced hate
To thee, Kelly,
We ascribe glory and praise

I'll write the Oikos later :)

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #21536 on: July 17, 2014, 02:09:32 AM »
One has to remember from 14 to 18, you're a totally different person.  From 18-21, you're a totally different person.  From 21-25, you're a totally different person.  And once you hit 30, you get depressed.  :P

But seriously, James, you say you like what you see now, but if and when you decide to wait a very long time to date her at an appropriate age as ZZ alluded to, don't you think maybe she might be a whole lot different than what she was, and you yourself might be a whole lot different than what you are now?

Yeah I suppose we may be. I certainly was different (though not much) than I am now when I was 14. However, that still doesn't relieve an aching heart; only food does that.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
« Reply #21537 on: July 17, 2014, 02:12:43 AM »

Yeah I suppose we may be. I certainly was different (though not much) than I am now when I was 14. However, that still doesn't relieve an aching heart; only food does that.

The key to aid your heart is to eat lots of bacon, doughnuts, and butter.  This will assure you a short, but happy, life.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #21538 on: July 17, 2014, 02:15:25 AM »

Well I wouldn't mind waiting that long for her if marriage was a real possibility. More time to establish myself and save money to give her and my possible children the life I wish I had.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
« Reply #21539 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:21 AM »

On OC.net thou wast annoyed and driven to near insanity by JamesR
Steadfast upholder of passive aggression,
You always bless our forum with humor and misplaced hate
To thee, Kelly,
We ascribe glory and praise

I'll write the Oikos later :)

Your attempts to woo Kelly are in vain, Romanos the Melodon't.

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21540 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:39 AM »
Possible children? Last time I checked you didn't want any. Further back, you were even asking the forum about the merits of getting a vasectomy once you turned 18.

The morals of the story: What goes online stays online. Post in youth, repent when it turns around and bites you - but, too late, the damage is done.

Offline Porter ODoran

• Erst Amish Appalachian
  • Protokentarchos
  • and dilatory dilettante
    • Facebook page
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #21541 on: July 17, 2014, 02:58:26 AM »

Well I wouldn't mind waiting that long for her if marriage was a real possibility. More time to establish myself and save money to give her and my possible children the life I wish I had.

Let's see. You've gone from lust, for a child because she happens to have yellow hair, to fear of man, or the cops to be exact, to gluttony, in order to "ease [your] aching heart," to greed. Any other vices you'd like to profess tonight?
In love did God create the world; in love does he guide it ...; in love is he going wondrously to transform it. --Abba Isaac

Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity. --Climacus

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
« Reply #21542 on: July 17, 2014, 06:10:20 AM »
quote author=JamesR link=topic=7837.msg1157203#msg1157203 date=1405577725

Well I wouldn't "mind" waiting that long for her if "marriage" was a "real" possibility. More time to "establish" myself and save "money" to give her and my possible "children" the "life" I wish I had.
[/quote]

Putting quotation marks throughout sentences make me laugh.

Offline DeniseDenise

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #21543 on: July 17, 2014, 08:07:37 AM »

Why date her if marriage was NOT a real possibility????

You need to start using you brains more and your anatomy less.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #21544 on: July 17, 2014, 08:40:52 AM »

Well, the positive part of all this is you can do the monk thing for a few years until she gets old enough.  Then, in a dramatic act of love, you can cast off your monastic vows and proclaim your undying love for her.  She will be moved by your great sacrifice and fall into your arms.  Oh, the stories you will be able to tell to your hypothetical children that you are unable to have due to your ill advised vasectomy at age 18!

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #21545 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:52 PM »
I bought a pack of two fly swatters today. I doubt I'll need more than one.
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #21546 on: July 18, 2014, 03:57:31 PM »
Yay! Justin's back!

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21547 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:09 PM »
Yay! Justin's back!

My favorite gif thus far!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #21548 on: July 18, 2014, 04:06:25 PM »
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21549 on: July 18, 2014, 04:11:55 PM »
My favorite gif thus far!

Sorry  :-[...nothing beats the Carlton dance to me  :angel:

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #21550 on: July 18, 2014, 04:37:12 PM »
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #21551 on: July 18, 2014, 04:40:33 PM »

How about a soldier doing it on a tank with rockets firing in the background?  8)

Offline minasoliman

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #21552 on: July 18, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »

How about a soldier doing it on a tank with rockets firing in the background?  8)

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #21553 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:13 PM »
The girl I just let into my building...

... I wish when girls broke up with their boyfriends they wouldn't just pack up all their stuff and move out immediately. Give the other guys in the neighborhood a chance! That's all I'm asking!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Christ is risen!
« Reply #21554 on: July 18, 2014, 05:17:10 PM »
The girl I just let into my building...

... I wish when girls broke up with their boyfriends they wouldn't just pack up all their stuff and move out immediately. Give the other guys in the neighborhood a chance! That's all I'm asking!

Yes.  That would be the loving (toward the new guy) and vengeful (toward the old guy) thing to do.  A win-win.  Why don't they ever think of that?