Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2069912 times)

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #20880 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55:30 AM »
If you strike my name down, I shall get a new one that is more complicated than you can possibly imagine.

Is it possible to just change it to "*"?
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • If you don't think, you shouldn't talk!
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #20881 on: May 22, 2014, 01:05:28 AM »
Frankly, if you were going to change your name to anything, it should have been Hezekiah.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20882 on: May 22, 2014, 01:16:28 AM »
* might be fun, but I think the novelty would wear off, then I'd be stuck with it the next 30 years  :-\  Hezekiah would have had promise. Perhaps Mor Hezekiah.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20883 on: May 22, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »
* might be fun, but I think the novelty would wear off, then I'd be stuck with it the next 30 years  :-\  Hezekiah would have had promise. Perhaps Mor Hezekiah.

Thus begins a new trend - dozens of forum members adding "Mor" in front of their names.
"But we must live in the world, having peace in our soul. We must live amidst strangers; we must suffer, struggle, and firmly believe. We must seek our consolation in prayer and not doubt the love and compassion of God. He is above everyone and everything."

Offline SolEX01

• Toumarches
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of New Jersey
« Reply #20884 on: May 22, 2014, 01:19:49 AM »
Maybe I should become: Mor SolAsteriktos.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:20:10 AM by SolEX01 »

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #20885 on: May 22, 2014, 01:22:46 AM »
Maybe Hezekiah can be Mor's middle name.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Hawkeye

• Διονύσιος ὁ Όμηρίτης
  • High Elder
  • What does everyone look like?
  • Faith: More Neronov than Avvakum
  • Jurisdiction: Old Rite Chapelist
« Reply #20886 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:07 PM »
I was looking through family photos earlier. Such a shame when attractive people lose their way in life.
Quote from: The Life of Ivan Neronov
[Ecclesiastics] conspired against him because they hated his teaching for its zealous emphasis on proper Christian conduct: with great courage he denounced all whom he saw behaving in an ungodly fashion... [As such] he was deprived of his priestly rank, bound in iron chains, and broken down in jails.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant
  • Merarches
  • Pray for me, a sinner.
    • Blog
  • Faith: OO - Occidental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Puerto Rican Orthodox Sobor
« Reply #20887 on: May 23, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »
Yeah, ZZ!  You're back in your true form:  alpaca!
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

No longer pasting here.

Another blog - http://literarydiktator.blogspot.com/

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #20888 on: May 23, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »
I was looking through family photos earlier. Such a shame when attractive people lose their way in life.
Don't worry, you can't keep us attractive people down.  ;D
Will we all have to prove our Orthodoxy by adopting St Nicholas avatars now?

Offline ilyazhito

• High Elder
« Reply #20889 on: May 23, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »
Hey Jude, don't let me down...

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20890 on: May 23, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »
I volunteered to work 3p-3a today because I'm a self-hating moron. The last four hours of this shift will be spent making sure a patient in ICU doesn't tear up the room and/or themselves. Oy.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• The Fourteenth Apostle and Judge of the Interwebs
  • Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
  • Believed on in the world, received up in glory.
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
« Reply #20891 on: May 23, 2014, 08:46:38 PM »
I volunteered to work 3p-3a today because I'm a self-hating moron. The last four hours of this shift will be spent making sure a patient in ICU doesn't tear up the room and/or themselves. Oy.

If I wanted to be theological, I would remind you that self-denial is a Christian virtue, that "moron" is similar to the Syriac word moronoyo, meaning "lordly" or "of the Lord", and that the Lord took care of the sick.  All of these things configure you in a way to Jesus Christ. 

But that's if I wanted to be theological.  Otherwise, it sounds like you're going to have a sucky night ahead of you.  With any luck, the unofficial Friday evening shutdown won't last too long and you won't be cut off for so long from such pearls of wisdom.     
"Do not tempt the Mor thy Mod."

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20892 on: May 23, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
the unofficial Friday evening shutdown

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20893 on: May 23, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »

If I wanted to be theological, I would remind you that self-denial is a Christian virtue, that "moron" is similar to the Syriac word moronoyo, meaning "lordly" or "of the Lord", and that the Lord took care of the sick.  All of these things configure you in a way to Jesus Christ. 

But that's if I wanted to be theological.  Otherwise, it sounds like you're going to have a sucky night ahead of you.  With any luck, the unofficial Friday evening shutdown won't last too long and you won't be cut off for so long from such pearls of wisdom.     

my eyes glazed over reading this

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20894 on: May 23, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »

I don't blame you, I thought it was less boring before I saw it posted.  Even Mor has imperfections.

Mor no longer posts on OCNet.  He follows threads, posts his responses daily, occasionally starts threads, and responds to private messages when and as he wants.  But he really isn't around anymore.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #20895 on: May 23, 2014, 09:12:17 PM »
So I've been offered a job par time at least at this place Getshemane Garden Center as they apparently desperately need someone that is familiar with Old varieties of Roses.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20896 on: May 23, 2014, 09:14:01 PM »
So I've been offered a job par time at least at this place Getshemane Garden Center as they apparently desperately need someone that is familiar with Old varieties of Roses.

Well that's an interesting name choice.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #20897 on: May 23, 2014, 09:16:56 PM »

I don't blame you, I thought it was less boring before I saw it posted.  Even Mor has imperfections.
Isnt there a rule against getting theological in Random Postings thread? If not, there should be. :D

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #20898 on: May 23, 2014, 09:20:52 PM »
Isnt there a rule against getting theological in Random Postings thread? If not, there should be. :D

Maria should be consulted about this matter. See http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php/topic,58546.msg1127466.html#msg1127466
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:21:13 PM by LBK »
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20899 on: May 23, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »

I actually have several mail order college degrees in theology. Also in medical billing.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20900 on: May 23, 2014, 09:31:20 PM »

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20901 on: May 23, 2014, 09:32:18 PM »

You can keep us company while we sit waiting for new posts :)

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20902 on: May 23, 2014, 09:45:56 PM »

You can keep us company while we sit waiting for new posts :)

So... you like... stuff?

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20903 on: May 23, 2014, 09:51:08 PM »
Oh, well, sure, stuff can be quite nice. I mean I'm not fanatical about it or anything. But yeah. Plus, stuff goes well with things, so that's like a bonus if you already like things.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #20904 on: May 23, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »
Happy Birthday Catholicious!  Even though your posting history consisted of only 26 posts and you haven't logged in since 2003, please know that you have been missed.

Why, yes, yes I am just completely wasting time on this Friday evening, why do you ask?

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20905 on: May 23, 2014, 09:55:08 PM »
Oh, well, sure, stuff can be quite nice. I mean I'm not fanatical about it or anything. But yeah. Plus, stuff goes well with things, so that's like a bonus if you already like things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvQ_7u1XeI

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #20906 on: May 23, 2014, 10:46:25 PM »
I know some of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't, I offer you this dancing llama for entertainment. Enjoy.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #20907 on: May 23, 2014, 10:46:42 PM »
Also- have I missed the Friday shutdown or is it imminent?

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20908 on: May 23, 2014, 10:54:10 PM »
Also- have I missed the Friday shutdown or is it imminent?

It comes like a thief in the night. 

BTW, for whatever reason, your question reminded me of Tyrone Biggums' question: "Is this the five o'clock free crack giveaway?!"

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20909 on: May 23, 2014, 10:55:07 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCvQ_7u1XeI

Oh... I hadn't recognized it :)

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20910 on: May 23, 2014, 10:55:15 PM »
I know some of you have already seen this, but for those who haven't, I offer you this dancing llama for entertainment. Enjoy.

Stupid llama has better moves than I do

I can't believe Tyrone has been mentioned on an Orthodox forum. You were looking for a secular avatar, Mor. I think you know what my suggestion is going to be.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #20911 on: May 23, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »
That llama has better moves than almost everyone, so don't feel bad.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20912 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:33 PM »

Stupid llama has better moves than I do

I'm sorry...stupid llama?!?!?!  :P

I can't believe Tyrone has been mentioned on an Orthodox forum. You were looking for a secular avatar, Mor. I think you know what my suggestion is going to be.

There are several characters from that show I've considered.  He is one of them. 

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20913 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:15 PM »
Darkness! Darkness is spreading!

Offline LBK

• No Reporting Allowed
  • Toumarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!
« Reply #20914 on: May 23, 2014, 11:40:15 PM »

Then turn a light on, for goodness' sake!  :laugh:
No longer posting here. Anyone is welcome to PM me or email me at the address in my profile.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #20915 on: May 23, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
Did the ICU patient tear the lights out?  I recommend putting down your tablet and calling maintenance.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20916 on: May 23, 2014, 11:43:32 PM »
CHARLIE MURPHYYYYYY!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #20917 on: May 23, 2014, 11:50:58 PM »
CHARLIE MURPHYYYYYY!
Your ability to summon obscure pop culture quotes at a moment's notice shames me.

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20918 on: May 23, 2014, 11:55:54 PM »
CHARLIE MURPHYYYYYY!
Your ability to summon obscure pop culture quotes at a moment's notice shames me.

I could recite that entire segment.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20919 on: May 23, 2014, 11:57:29 PM »

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20920 on: May 24, 2014, 12:06:17 AM »

"Banned"?

Cold-blooooooded!

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20921 on: May 24, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »

"Banned"?

Cold-blooooooded!

That whole skit is great. 

The Wayne Brady skit is another favourite of mine. 

Offline kelly

• UNSUBSCRIBED
  • Archon
  • St. Olga Nikolaevna
« Reply #20922 on: May 24, 2014, 12:11:22 AM »

"Banned"?

Cold-blooooooded!

That whole skit is great. 

The Wayne Brady skit is another favourite of mine. 

A coworker and I always quote the Prince one. "Assemble your crew" is often used.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Section Moderator
  • Stratopedarches
« Reply #20923 on: May 24, 2014, 12:23:46 AM »
A coworker and I always quote the Prince one. "Assemble your crew" is often used.

That's a good one. 

Since that skit, I can't look at or treat pancakes the same. 

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #20924 on: May 24, 2014, 12:33:08 AM »