Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2009964 times)

Offline TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #16605 on: July 17, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!

Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.
At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.
What's the acceptable age to pick on someone's age?

I judge from your pictures that you are probably about 23.  I would say that is a tad young to be harassing old geezers like Kerdy.  He might smack you with his cane.
Quote from: Mor Ephrem
Why can't you just take your spiritual edification like a man? 

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16606 on: July 17, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16607 on: July 17, 2013, 07:55:04 PM »
34. Someone at that age has the required life experience to look down on the young people, but is still flexible and up to date enough to look down on the old people.
Are you 34?   :laugh:

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #16608 on: July 17, 2013, 08:16:39 PM »
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.

I've been thinking of opening another such thread.
I forbid it.

At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...

It's pretty much impossible to have a real game on here since most OC.net users have the attention span of an 8-year old boy on speed, with ADHD and too much energy drink.
I don't have ... Oh, LOOK! A squirrel! ;D
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16609 on: July 17, 2013, 08:19:03 PM »
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.

I forbid it.

At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...

It's pretty much impossible to have a real game on here since most OC.net users have the attention span of an 8-year old boy on speed, with ADHD and too much energy drink.
I don't have ... Oh, LOOK! A squirrel! ;D
I would debate Cyrillic's comment except for the fact that I became distracted after I posted in this thread and went wandering off into other threads.  Say, is this a shiny quarter on the ground?!?!

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16610 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »

Well... erm... that is to say... technically... in chronological years... if birth certificates mean anything to you... yes. But that's just a coincidence, I assure you!  ;D
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16611 on: July 17, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
18 is the best age to criticize others. It's old enough to be rational but young enough to still be fully within the blossom of eternal youth.
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16612 on: July 17, 2013, 08:49:29 PM »
18 is the best age to criticize others. It's old enough to be rational but young enough to still be fully within the blossom of eternal youth.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #16613 on: July 18, 2013, 12:38:16 AM »
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!

Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.

Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary
Hey when you have unlimited access to all the verbal and visual diarrhea with absolutely no filter, of course.

William is just a few steps shy from being a full on neocon.

And the Church itself is a very conservative institution, so maybe his pretensions derive from that.

I liked Che because he was photogenic, but nothing about the man has ever impressed me.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
  • Cyrillico est edere orbem universum
« Reply #16614 on: July 18, 2013, 05:46:39 AM »
Politics go into politics.
"April is the cruellest month, breeding
lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
memory and desire, stirring
dull roots with spring rain."
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16615 on: July 18, 2013, 06:36:59 AM »

It's true, old man.
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16616 on: July 18, 2013, 07:31:55 AM »

Well... erm... that is to say... technically... in chronological years... if birth certificates mean anything to you... yes. But that's just a coincidence, I assure you!  ;D
;)

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16617 on: July 18, 2013, 04:04:37 PM »

I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16618 on: July 18, 2013, 04:08:54 PM »

I think I should create a "Say something nice about the person above you" thread but I'm too shy to do it. But it could be fun.

Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"Say the first thing that comes to mind"
"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"
"Say something brutally honest"

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16619 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:44 PM »

Hey, that sounds like it'd work out better than some of the threads I've seen where you comment on the previous poster...

"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"

Create it! You know no shame already :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:16:04 PM by Cyrillic »
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16620 on: July 18, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »

"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"

I cannot argue with this. I will make the thread.

Offline Severian

• Aspiring Allopathic Ankle Orthodontist
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Orthodox Christianity
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodoxy
« Reply #16621 on: July 18, 2013, 06:31:02 PM »
I was just replaying Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords on my PC for the first time in over four years (with the recently released restored content mod) and then all of a sudden as I was playing all of my saved games were deleted. What a bummer...

But, maybe it's a sign that I should focus on something more constructive.
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

May the 21 new martyrs pray for us all.

Please, remember me in your prayers

Lord, protect Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16622 on: July 18, 2013, 06:33:32 PM »
I was just replaying Knights of the Old Republic II: the Sith Lords on my PC for the first time in over four years (with the recently released restored content mod) and then all of a sudden as I was playing all of my saved games were deleted. What a bummer...

That sucks.  Though it may indeed be a sign. Perhaps God wants you to spend more time on oc.net? Give it some thought!

Offline Severian

• Aspiring Allopathic Ankle Orthodontist
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Orthodox Christianity
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodoxy
« Reply #16623 on: July 18, 2013, 06:35:55 PM »

That sucks.  Though it may indeed be a sign. Perhaps God wants you to spend more time on oc.net? Give it some thought!
Lol, yeah maybe. ;D
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

May the 21 new martyrs pray for us all.

Please, remember me in your prayers

Lord, protect Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16624 on: July 18, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »

"[Have sex] or Pass"
"Date or dump"

I cannot argue with this. I will make the thread.
I was tempted to make a thread like this several weeks ago, but I felt kind of impudent like I was expecting someone to compliment me, so I decided not to.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16625 on: July 19, 2013, 12:58:53 AM »
Wanting to save up a ton of money over the course of decades just so you can donate it or use it in one fell swoop on some huge and attention-getting project is the pinnacle of pride I think. Don't do it.

Offline celticfan1888

• Production Operator - Chemtrusion
  • Archon
« Reply #16626 on: July 19, 2013, 10:59:14 AM »
Only $20 for a Big Mac meal at McDonald's in HK! So awesome here!
Forgive my sins.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16627 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:48 AM »
Only $20 for a Big Mac meal at McDonald's in HK! So awesome here!

$20...? What does that work out to, like $6 US and 1,000,000,034,032,013 Yen?

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16628 on: July 19, 2013, 11:35:11 AM »
Flavius Julius Valens Augustus
328–378 CE
Emperor, Arian, Martyr-maker

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #16629 on: July 19, 2013, 02:28:29 PM »
Watching Nigel Slater cook pork with blackberries. It looks like something out of a zombie flick.
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #16630 on: July 19, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »
Wife and daughter have driven up to Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. Just got a text from daughter (they're about to go into subway station): Did Mom leave her wallet at home?

(Yes, I found it.) Guess who drove without her licence? Anyway I'm happier daughter will drive home as it will likely be in a thunderstorm.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16631 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
Wife and daughter have driven up to Toronto to see a Blue Jays game. Just got a text from daughter (they're about to go into subway station): Did Mom leave her wallet at home?

(Yes, I found it.) Guess who drove without her licence? Anyway I'm happier daughter will drive home as it will likely be in a thunderstorm.

Daughter a better driver?  ???

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16632 on: July 19, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
How much does a kitten cost, on average, to feed/etc. on a monthly basis?

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #16633 on: July 19, 2013, 08:06:43 PM »

Daughter a better driver?  ???
Definitely. Just to be clear, she's no kid - she's 33. My wife has no sense of direction and is easily flustered when driving.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #16634 on: July 19, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »
It makes me mad when I see an adult treating their kids like crap.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16635 on: July 19, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »
What is a Lord of Misrule?  I was described as such in the Say something about the person above you thread and I don't know what it means.  I looked it up and it seems to be a reference to someone in charge of drunken revelry and wild partying in the pagan tradition of Saturnalia.  Is that the common definition of it?  I've never heard the term, so I was just curious.  I'm quite flattered that someone would think I am the life of any party, I'm usually the guy asleep in the corner.  :P

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16636 on: July 20, 2013, 05:41:12 AM »
I'm quite flattered that someone would think I am the life of any party, I'm usually the guy asleep in the corner.  :P

You party so hard that you pass out early  :)
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16637 on: July 20, 2013, 05:42:26 AM »
I have to write a speech for someone's birthday. Let's see if Demosthenes, Lysias or St. Gregory the Theologian can give me some help.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:42:33 AM by Cyrillic »
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #16638 on: July 20, 2013, 05:54:50 AM »
I have to write a speech for someone's birthday. Let's see if Demosthenes, Lysias or St. Gregory the Theologian can give me some help.

You could try something like this. Just take something like Christological definitions instead of the Quran. They'd love it.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16639 on: July 20, 2013, 05:57:24 AM »
One hypostasis in two natures yalala, dysseves Severos yala imaindu mmnnn.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 05:57:38 AM by Cyrillic »
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #16640 on: July 20, 2013, 06:00:12 AM »

You could try something like this.

Wow - he's good!

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
« Reply #16641 on: July 20, 2013, 06:03:09 AM »
I'm quite flattered that someone would think I am the life of any party, I'm usually the guy asleep in the corner.  :P

Unless there is pole-dancing involved. ;)
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #16642 on: July 20, 2013, 06:10:04 AM »

Wow - he's good!

Indeed. Just sad that he's muslim.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #16643 on: July 20, 2013, 06:22:23 AM »

Wow - he's good!

But he wouldn't sing like that if he wasn't. Sometimes I wonder what would happen to all of the beautiful cultural aspects of Islam if all the Middle East returned to Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:22:53 AM by Alpo »

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16644 on: July 20, 2013, 06:26:43 AM »

At first I was afraid I might have told too much once in a slip of the tongue, but then I realised you were talking about that curious thread :D
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 06:26:50 AM by Cyrillic »
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Romaios

• Archon
« Reply #16645 on: July 20, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »

Wow - he's good!

But he wouldn't sing like that if he wasn't. Sometimes I wonder what would happen to all of the beautiful cultural aspects of Islam if all the Middle East returned to Orthodoxy.

He could read the Apostle.  ;D

Offline Ansgar

• Archon
  • Keep your mind in hell and do not despair
« Reply #16646 on: July 20, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »

Wow - he's good!

We could assimilate some things.
Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
« Reply #16647 on: July 20, 2013, 06:33:07 AM »

At first I was afraid I might have told too much once in a slip of the tongue, but then I realised you were talking about that curious thread :D

I wouldn't know anyway; I'm much more of a tribal fusion belly dance girl myself... :angel:

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Merarches
« Reply #16648 on: July 20, 2013, 06:35:15 AM »
LOL.

I'm pretty sure there are still videos out there of my pole-dancing skills. This might damage the political carreer my mom has in mind for me  :)
-T.S. Eliot

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Off to see the wizard!
« Reply #16649 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37:31 AM »
Only if there was a bright pink boa involved. That is a dealbreaker. :police: