Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2316603 times)

Offline theistgal

• Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic gadfly
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #16560 on: July 15, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
I'm rapidly reaching a point in my back-and-forth discussions with a certain other OC.net member where I may have to start one of those annoying "I'm taking a sanity break!" threads, or at least, just take the break without telling anyone. (But what fun is that?)
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)

Online TheTrisagion

• The cat is back and its better than ever!
  • Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #16561 on: July 15, 2013, 08:05:43 PM »
I'm rapidly reaching a point in my back-and-forth discussions with a certain other OC.net member where I may have to start one of those annoying "I'm taking a sanity break!" threads, or at least, just take the break without telling anyone. (But what fun is that?)
I think you should just start a thread where you call the certain other member out and tell them why they disgust you. They can then write back a rebuttal post.  We can nominate Asteriktos to be the judge because everyone likes him and no one will want to post mean things about him and see who wins.  Then everyone involved will be banned from oc.net, but at least it will be a fun, rousing way to go.  ;D
Praise to be kelly the all-benificent for granting me permission to change my sig line.

Obligatory: "It's a mystery! Ask your priest/spiritual father. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future. Marital fasting."

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16562 on: July 15, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »
those were fun times:

Offline theistgal

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
« Reply #16563 on: July 15, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »
I think you should just start a thread where you call the certain other member out and tell them why they disgust you. They can then write back a rebuttal post.  We can nominate Asteriktos to be the judge because everyone likes him and no one will want to post mean things about him and see who wins.  Then everyone involved will be banned from oc.net, but at least it will be a fun, rousing way to go.  ;D

Aw shucks, nobody *disgusts* me. They're just wrong 99.9% of the time, that's all.

Otherwise it's a good idea. 8)
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16564 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Silly protesters, thinking all that marching will do anything except give them awesome looking glutes.  :D
Praise to be kelly the all-benificent for granting me permission to change my sig line.

Obligatory: "It's a mystery! Ask your priest/spiritual father. Orthodoxy and the Religion of the Future. Marital fasting."

Offline theistgal

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
« Reply #16565 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Silly protesters, thinking all that marching will do anything except give them awesome looking glutes.  :D

Oh, is THAT what this is all about? Couldn't they just march for the sake of marching, then? 76 Trombones, anyone?  ;D

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16566 on: July 15, 2013, 08:29:32 PM »
I so wish there was a way I could unfollow threads.  I have quite a few that seem to be popular right now that I have no interest in continuing to read, yet they always fill up my unread topics box. The "New Rule" thread in particular... :(
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:30:34 PM by TheTrisagion »

Offline theistgal

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
« Reply #16567 on: July 15, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
I so wish there was a way I could unfollow threads.  I have quite a few that seem to be popular right now that I have no interest in continuing to read, yet they always fill up my unread topics box. The "New Rule" thread in particular... :(

Oh no! You made me look at it and I'm bliinnnddd!!!!  :o

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16568 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »

Hahaha, just don't post in it or it will pop up far more than you will ever want to see it.  I'm cursed, I tell you, CURSED

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Merarches
  • Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!
  • Faith: Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Passaic
« Reply #16569 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:24 AM »

Hahaha, just don't post in it or it will pop up far more than you will ever want to see it.  I'm cursed, I tell you, CURSED

Just one of the benefits of forum membership  ;D.

(You never did get back to me about those toe nail recipes, btw  8) 8).)
"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16570 on: July 16, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »

Sorry, they are an old family secret.  I can't give away all our specialties to strangers on the internet.  :D

Offline J Michael

• Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
  • Merarches
« Reply #16571 on: July 16, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »

Sorry, they are an old family secret.  I can't give away all our specialties to strangers on the internet.  :D

Elitist!! Familyist!!  No toe jam recipes for you, young man!
"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)

Offline sheenj

• OC.net guru
  • St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Church
« Reply #16572 on: July 17, 2013, 08:57:04 AM »
I found the 1869 Harvard entrance exam. If they would have sticked to it Harvard would have no students today.

I love how the Arithmetic part requires some of the answers to be written in words.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #16573 on: July 17, 2013, 09:08:10 AM »
I found the 1869 Harvard entrance exam. If they would have sticked to it Harvard would have no students today.

I love how the Arithmetic part requires some of the answers to be written in words.

I had to do that in a College Algebra class, 2012.
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
The original bleeding heart ♫
That is what thou art ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #16574 on: July 17, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »
Nothing to say, really. Just felt like adding to my post count.

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16575 on: July 17, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
Congrats on the 2,100

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #16576 on: July 17, 2013, 01:19:43 PM »

Me, too!  ;)

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16577 on: July 17, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »

Me, too!  ;)
Congrats on 9,931  ;D

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #16578 on: July 17, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
Grazie mille. If I can only run up another few dozen before the end of the day, I'll hit ten thousand! :)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #16579 on: July 17, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.

Anyway, generally I don't like bacon and maple syrup put together. To me it just takes two good things and makes a muddy mix of them. Right now I could go for something like that though.
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
That is what thou art ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16580 on: July 17, 2013, 01:31:03 PM »
Sometimes I'm impressed how high the post counts get, considering the lack of trivial threads. Yeah, we do have a few like random postings and "It is... and I am...," but on a lot of sites I've been on they have like 20 or 25 threads like that going at any one time. Here it's more like 4 or 5.

Anyway, generally I don't like bacon and maple syrup put together. To me it just takes two good things and makes a muddy mix of them. Right now I could go for something like that though.
I've got the PERFECT thing for you.

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
  • Level 13 Chalcedonian Paladin
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #16581 on: July 17, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »

Who would do such an evil thing?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:31:51 PM by Cyrillic »
At nunc desertis cessant sacraria lucis:
aurum omnes victa iam pietate colunt.
-Propertius, Elegies III.XIII:47-48

Ἀπ' ὃσα ἒκαμα κι ἀπ’ ὃσα εἶπα
νὰ μὴ ζητήσουνε νὰ βροῦν ποιός ἢμουν
-C.P Cavafy

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16582 on: July 17, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »

I've been thinking of opening another such thread.

-C.P Cavafy

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16583 on: July 17, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »

I forbid it.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
« Reply #16584 on: July 17, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »

I forbid it.

At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫
That is what thou art ♫
Jesus ♫   ♫   ♫   ♫

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #16585 on: July 17, 2013, 01:44:43 PM »

Strange comment from someone whose current post count is 4666;D

Online Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • In life as in art, grace glides on blistered feet.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #16586 on: July 17, 2013, 02:30:14 PM »
'When you live your path all the time, you end up with both more path and more time.'~Venecia Rauls

Blog ~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox

Offline J Michael

• Merarches
« Reply #16587 on: July 17, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »

I've been thinking of opening another

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16588 on: July 17, 2013, 03:17:36 PM »

I forbid it.

At one point in time the mods would actually lock "game" threads. I'm glad things have changed...

It's pretty much impossible to have a real game on here since most OC.net users have the attention span of an 8-year old boy on speed, with ADHD and too much energy drink.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:27:08 PM by Cyrillic »

-C.P Cavafy

Offline J Michael

• Merarches
« Reply #16589 on: July 17, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »

There's more of them than us. :(

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16590 on: July 17, 2013, 03:20:06 PM »

I'm going to skip that one. I've had enough beer these past few weeks to last till the holidays.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 03:20:14 PM by Cyrillic »

-C.P Cavafy

Offline J Michael

• Merarches
« Reply #16591 on: July 17, 2013, 03:21:08 PM »

I'm going to skip that one. I've had enough beer these past few weeks to last till the holidays.

Everyday can be a holiday, if you'd only let it.  ;D

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16592 on: July 17, 2013, 03:22:24 PM »

Everyday can be a holiday, if you'd only let it.  ;D

And there you have it: my problem   :laugh:

-C.P Cavafy

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16593 on: July 17, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »

Strange comment from someone whose current post count is 4666;D

Not anymore. I outposted Satan.

-C.P Cavafy

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16594 on: July 17, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »

I love how question two on the first page misquotes and even misunderstands Cicero. Coriolanus didn't do the same, but the opposite of what Themistocles did twenty years later, i.e. Coriolanus did do harm to his thankless country.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:00:56 PM by Cyrillic »

-C.P Cavafy

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16595 on: July 17, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!

Online Cyrillic

• The Laughing Cavalier
  • Toumarches
« Reply #16596 on: July 17, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
I failed to say this yesterday but happy belated great schism day and for today happy Romanov regicide day!

:-\

-C.P Cavafy

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16597 on: July 17, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »

Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:02:52 PM by William »
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16598 on: July 17, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »

Yes, let us celebrate the holy passion bearers' martyrdom. May they intercede for you and me.
Not what I meant but at your age it's ok.

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16599 on: July 17, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »

Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Online TheTrisagion

• Toumarches
« Reply #16600 on: July 17, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »

Speaking of which, shouldn't you have outgrown your viva el che phase at this point?
:laugh:

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16601 on: July 17, 2013, 06:43:30 PM »

Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16602 on: July 17, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »

Never went through that phase. At your age I didn't have acess to Internet but prob would have been comparably reactionary

I'd trade. Pastoral Romania seems more fun than the internet.

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16603 on: July 17, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »

At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #16604 on: July 17, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »

At your age, I wouldn't talk about people's age.
What's the acceptable age to pick on someone's age?