Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2086559 times)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #13815 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
Dude deleted his Facebook too.

Unless someone has stolen his pictures, no he didn't.

Yes he did.

Oh. Someone should inform him that his look-alike has stolen his FB account and seduced his fiancee. :police:

Now this sort of behavior is absolutely orthonorm approved!
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #13816 on: November 30, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
What happened to celticfan1988? Dude deleted his Facebook too.

Indeed. I know he had some problems with his mom.

I hope he's doing alright!

+1

Can people stop this?

+1ing anything that is remotely personal is nearly as bad ppl liking words of condolence on FB.

And while I am at.

People stop with the internet obsessing about where people are or have gone.

It is the internet.

If you are truly friends you will know what is going on with most people. You will be hard press to avoid their physical presence in your daily or weekly life.

internet boardz, FB, whatever ain't where friends are made nor cultivated, and if the exceptional case happens where it is, you will not be left wondering about someone's status.

And if you find yourself so dependent as to wonder about a stranger's state of affairs, try PMing them or emailing them rather than making public announcements so more can speculate on the person's state of affairs.

If they don't answer your PMs or emails, take the hint that either they don't want to speak with you or are in a state where the cannot or prefer not.

Look, man.  I have never let a real life crush rejecting keep me from snooping through her garbage to find out what she is up to and who she is with, I don't see why online crushes should be any different.  It is only several thousand mile and some woman keeping me and celtic apart and from truly realizing our bromance and that we are meant for one another so when he cuts us off from his online persona it feels to me like someone cut off my heart from it's aorta.  So just get over it.  I used to have an online crush for you but you never reciprocated it.  You had your chance.  Now orthorat (or was it vamnorm, I forget) is a thing of the past.  It is over.  You and I are done like Bruce Willis's LA street privileges in Pulp Fiction.  Just because you are jealous of what celtic and I have going on doesn't mean you get to write sanctimonious messages on the Random Topics page.  Sanctimony is Habte's game and he's left me now too.  I don't have anyone else in this world (unless, you, like, want to get back together or something) so you can just bug off and leave me alone.

CELTIC, IF YOU ARE READING THIS I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU COMPLETE MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13817 on: December 01, 2012, 02:27:58 AM »
+1ing anything that is remotely personal is nearly as bad ppl liking words of condolence on FB.
+1
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #13818 on: December 01, 2012, 03:27:36 AM »
The local elephant mom is in labor again. YAY! This town gets a baby elephant for Christmas! More importantly, this "little" guy gets a sibling:
IT'S A GIRL! ;D The 300-pound calf was born today. Both mom and baby are healthy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/11/elephant_birth_plenty_of_drama.html#incart_river_default#incart_m-rpt-2
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:27:54 AM by PeterTheAleut »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #13819 on: December 01, 2012, 05:12:42 AM »
I should stop posting in the morning.
"Par ma foi! Il y a plus de quarante ans que je dis de la prose sans que j'en susse rien."
-Molière, The Middle-Class Gentleman.

Offline That person

• OC.net guru
  • Long live Commie Superman
« Reply #13820 on: December 01, 2012, 03:47:43 PM »
Dude deleted his Facebook too.

Unless someone has stolen his pictures, no he didn't.

Yes he did.

Oh. Someone should inform him that his look-alike has stolen his FB account and seduced his fiancee. :police:

Now this sort of behavior is absolutely orthonorm approved!
You should make a brand out of this. I'd definitely be more likely to buy and do things that have your official seal of approval.
"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13821 on: December 01, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »
Thanksgiving Day
Black Friday
Small Business Saturday
Cyber Monday
Giving Tuesday

Something seems wrong here.

Karl Marx Hits Up Some Black Friday Sales

1. “Every man speculates upon creating a new need in another in order to force him to a new sacrifice, to place him in a new dependence, and to entice him into new kind of pleasure and thereby into economic ruin. Everyone tries to establish over others an alien power in order to find there the satisfaction of his own egoistic need. With the mass of objects, therefore, there also increases the realm of alien entities to which man is subjected. Every new product is a new potentiality of mutual deceit and robbery. Man becomes increasingly poor as a man; he has increasing need of money in order to take possession of the hostile being… .’

2.  ’The quantity of money becomes increasingly its only important quality. Just as it reduces every entity to its abstraction, so it reduces itself in its own development to a quantitative entity. Excess and immoderation become its true standard. This is shown subjectively partly in the fact that the expansion of production and of needs becomes an ingenious and always calculating subservience to inhuman, depraved, unnatural, and imaginary appetites. Private property does not know how to change crude needs into human; its idealism is fantasy, caprice, and fancy. No eunuch flatters his tyrant more shamefully or seeks by more infamous means to stimulate his jaded appetite, in order to gain some favor, than does the eunuch of industry, the entrepreneur, in order to acquire a few silver coins or to charm the gold from the purse of his dearly beloved neighbor.”

3.  ”Every product is a bait by means of which the individual tries to entice the essence of the other person, his money. Every real or potential need is a weakness which will draw the bird into the lime. Universal exploitation of human communal life. As every imperfection of man is a bond with heaven, a point from which his heart is accessible to the priest, so every want is an opportunity for approaching one’s neighbor, with an air of friendship, and saying, ‘Dear friend, I will give you what you need, but you know the conditio sine qua non. You know what ink you must use in signing yourself over to me. I shall swindle you while providing your enjoyment.’”

4.  “The entrepreneur accedes to the most depraved fancies of his neighbor, plays the role of pander between him and his needs, awakens unhealthy appetites in him, and watches for every weakness in order, later, to claim the remuneration for this labor of love.”

-- Karl Marx, from “The Economic And Philosophical Manuscripts,” 1844

http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1844/manuscripts/preface.htm
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #13822 on: December 01, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »
What happened to celticfan1988? Dude deleted his Facebook too.

Indeed. I know he had some problems with his mom.

I hope he's doing alright!

+1

Can people stop this?

And while I am at.

People stop with the internet obsessing about where people are or have gone.

It is the internet.

If you are truly friends you will know what is going on with most people. You will be hard press to avoid their physical presence in your daily or weekly life.

internet boardz, FB, whatever ain't where friends are made nor cultivated, and if the exceptional case happens where it is, you will not be left wondering about someone's status.

And if you find yourself so dependent as to wonder about a stranger's state of affairs, try PMing them or emailing them rather than making public announcements so more can speculate on the person's state of affairs.

If they don't answer your PMs or emails, take the hint that either they don't want to speak with you or are in a state where the cannot or prefer not.

Look, man.  I have never let a real life crush rejecting keep me from snooping through her garbage to find out what she is up to and who she is with, I don't see why online crushes should be any different.  It is only several thousand mile and some woman keeping me and celtic apart and from truly realizing our bromance and that we are meant for one another so when he cuts us off from his online persona it feels to me like someone cut off my heart from it's aorta.  So just get over it.  I used to have an online crush for you but you never reciprocated it.  You had your chance.  Now orthorat (or was it vamnorm, I forget) is a thing of the past.  It is over.  You and I are done like Bruce Willis's LA street privileges in Pulp Fiction.  Just because you are jealous of what celtic and I have going on doesn't mean you get to write sanctimonious messages on the Random Topics page.  Sanctimony is Habte's game and he's left me now too.  I don't have anyone else in this world (unless, you, like, want to get back together or something) so you can just bug off and leave me alone.

CELTIC, IF YOU ARE READING THIS I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU COMPLETE MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

This is how online friends show they care.

Give me wit with a little work over merely curiousity.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13823 on: December 02, 2012, 01:36:27 AM »
The local elephant mom is in labor again. YAY! This town gets a baby elephant for Christmas! More importantly, this "little" guy gets a sibling:

Please inform the proper family members STAT!

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13824 on: December 02, 2012, 03:37:32 AM »
I'm bored. Entertain me!

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13825 on: December 02, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13826 on: December 02, 2012, 04:52:56 AM »
So tired  :(
"Par ma foi! Il y a plus de quarante ans que je dis de la prose sans que j'en susse rien."

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13827 on: December 02, 2012, 04:55:28 AM »

That's dope. That could make even orthonorm seem like a rapper!

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13828 on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:57 AM »

You know what I do when I'm tired? Lay down on the couch and put some Clean House on. Puts me right to sleep. Get to gettin'!

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13829 on: December 02, 2012, 04:58:53 AM »

You know what I do when I'm tired? Lay down on the couch and put some Clean House on. Puts me right to sleep. Get to gettin'!

I drank 5 liters of coke so I won't be sleeping anytime soon.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:59:14 AM by Cyrillic »

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13830 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:37 AM »

I drank 5 liters of coke so I won't be sleeping anytime soon.

If you swallow a package of nails they will take care of that. The coke will dissolve the nails, turning the contents of your GI tract into a type of goo, which will act as a sort of fibrous cleanser. Just make sure there is a toilet available for the next half hour.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13831 on: December 02, 2012, 05:04:13 AM »
Ah yes, I'll probably sleep better when I swallowed a package of nails...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:11:03 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #13832 on: December 02, 2012, 05:15:32 AM »
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13833 on: December 02, 2012, 05:21:06 AM »
That's dope. That could make even orthonorm seem like a rapper!

Toss away the wrappers and we have the orthonorm.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13835 on: December 02, 2012, 06:27:02 AM »
Oh well, my little brother just took my last bottle of coke away from me. This kills Cyrillic.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #13836 on: December 02, 2012, 06:29:29 AM »
If you drank diet sunkist like me this wouldn't be a problem. See what I'm saying?

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13837 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:04 AM »
If you drank diet sunkist like me this wouldn't be a problem.

Diet soft drink is for sissies. 

See what I'm saying?

I can hardly even see my computer screen at this point.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:36:31 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13838 on: December 02, 2012, 06:49:11 AM »
It's Halo 4 night while I rip some CD's for my new $25 MP3 player woot woot.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13839 on: December 02, 2012, 06:54:38 AM »
Achronos, is that a man in your avatar?

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13840 on: December 02, 2012, 07:02:13 AM »
lulz.

srs?

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13841 on: December 02, 2012, 07:04:02 AM »
lulz.

srs?

Very manly face. Only the moustache is missing.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13842 on: December 02, 2012, 07:06:51 AM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13843 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »
Tomorrow we're going skiing with high school. Should I go? I never did it before.

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #13844 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13845 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:31:33 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13847 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
He changed his avatar again  :-\

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13848 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »
Only my favorite Sri Lankan.

He changed his avatar again  :-\
No thanks to you. ;P
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:33:43 AM by Achronos »

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #13849 on: December 02, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
Only my favorite Sri Lankan.

He changed his avatar again  :-\
No thanks to you. ;P
Mia?

EDIT:  Sorry, looks like M.I.A. to shorten her name.

Not a guy!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:47:19 AM by Kerdy »

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13850 on: December 02, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »
Not a guy!

How do you know? Have you seen him/her without a pants on to make such a claim?

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13851 on: December 02, 2012, 07:51:16 AM »
Not a guy!

She must have ate ALOT.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #13852 on: December 02, 2012, 07:52:05 AM »
Not a guy!

She has given birth.

I'm not that big on her music (just my tastes), but I enjoy hearing her talk.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:53:08 AM by Kerdy »

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13853 on: December 02, 2012, 07:53:45 AM »
She must have ate ALOT.

You put on weight quickly with all the curry.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13854 on: December 02, 2012, 07:54:49 AM »

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Kerdy

• Taxiarches
« Reply #13855 on: December 02, 2012, 07:55:05 AM »
I like curry.  In fact, we are thinking of getting a rice cooker.

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13856 on: December 02, 2012, 07:56:37 AM »
I like curry.  In fact, we are thinking of getting a rice cooker.

Why not boil rice? Easy and cheap.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:56:47 AM by Cyrillic »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13857 on: December 02, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
I like curry.  In fact, we are thinking of getting a rice cooker.

Why not boil rice? Easy and cheap.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Cyrillic

• Arbiter Elegantiarum
  • Toumarches
  • We must go back!
« Reply #13858 on: December 02, 2012, 08:06:45 AM »
LOL!

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #13859 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:31 AM »
Who here would make a good AMA Request?

– St. Ambrose of Milan