Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2025683 times)

Offline Severian

• Aspiring Allopathic Ankle Orthodontist
  • Protokentarchos
  • Saint Severus of Antioch - the Eloquent Mouth
    • St. Jacob Baradeus' Orthodox Christian Fellowship
  • Faith: Orthodox Christianity
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodoxy
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #12870 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
Random
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

May the 21 new martyrs pray for us all.

Please, remember me in your prayers

Lord, protect Egypt, Syria, Lebanon & Iraq.

Offline Severian

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12871 on: August 10, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:00:32 PM by Severian »
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -Jesus Christ

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12872 on: August 10, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline Severian

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12873 on: August 10, 2012, 05:04:52 PM »
^Nice.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:05:22 PM by Severian »

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12874 on: August 10, 2012, 08:56:14 PM »
   I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that liberty!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:57:10 PM by Asteriktos »
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline Severian

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12875 on: August 10, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
   I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that liberty!
POTM nomination!

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12876 on: August 11, 2012, 12:45:38 AM »
POTM nomination!

I have a thing for girls with long fingers. When I see a youtube video featuring a woman like that... wowza!  ;D

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12877 on: August 11, 2012, 03:32:17 PM »
    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you were me!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that you could see!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Oh the glory of it all!    I just trimmed my nose hairs!     Don't you wish that liberty!

Amazing. :)

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to internets.
« Reply #12878 on: August 12, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
I know this is two years old incident but anyway, here's two picture of Metropolitan Hilarion celebrating a liturgy at Ravenna in the church of St. Apollinaris.

It's nice to see an Orthodox bishop celebrating a liturgy in that church.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 04:18:28 PM by Alpo »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #12879 on: August 12, 2012, 05:23:22 PM »
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12880 on: August 12, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
I remember when I got my first computer with this "mouse" thing. What, you didn't have to type everything in at the command  prompt? Seemed sorta gimmicky to me...  :D  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:01:16 PM by Asteriktos »

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • If you don't think, you shouldn't talk!
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #12881 on: August 12, 2012, 11:49:21 PM »
So the wedding I was in was last night. Mad fun. After months and months of working everything came together perfectly... and the DJ was awesome. My legs are so sore from dancing. I wish I could rewind time to do it again. :)
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12882 on: August 13, 2012, 12:09:08 AM »

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12883 on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:05 AM »
So the wedding I was in was last night. Mad fun. After months and months of working everything came together perfectly... and the DJ was awesome. My legs are so sore from dancing. I wish I could rewind time to do it again. :)

I have to suffer through a wedding next weekend.  There'd better be an open bar.  Just sayin'.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #12884 on: August 13, 2012, 04:28:09 AM »
If Friday the 13th is bad, then what's Monday the 13th supposed to be?

I have to suffer through a wedding next weekend.  There'd better be an open bar.  Just sayin'.

Is it a Slavic wedding? Also, will you have to face any "When are you gonna get married?" stuff?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:29:04 AM by ironchapman »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline Pan Michał

• Elder
« Reply #12885 on: August 13, 2012, 05:29:20 AM »
Is it a Slavic wedding? Also, will you have to face any "When are you gonna get married?" stuff?

If it's a Slavic wedding he will have to face gallons of vodka, tons of meat, hours of non-stop dancing with pretty girls with a dark thought "dead end - my family now", incomprehensibly drunken uncles doing things after which he would have to wash his brain with a flamethrower, his aunts trying to stop their husbands from excesive drinking and ending under the table, random wacko guests from the street, presumably a random fight for "family honour", a police intervention, drunken policemen dancing and flirting with pretty girls that are technically his family, a guest sitting in front of him trying to become his "spiritual father", his cousins trying to make a campfire at a local orchard and end up with a wildfire, an intervention from firemen, his grandpa trying to calm firemen with a story of him burning to the ground local Gestapo outpost, drunken firemen dancing and flirting with pretty girls that are techincally his family, finding a single and beautiful wedding guest that's not connected to him with ties of blood/family, starting to flirt with her, his grandma ending the conversation telling about the biggest poo he did as a baby, his father trying to save the flirt with trying to drive his grandma home, despite being absolutely drunk, his mother telling young-couple to be careful in bed, her brother telling a joke about it and making him wonder why does this happen, and ultimately going to the state of unconsciousness, waking up the next morning, remembering neither the whole night, nor how he end up lying all wet in a shower with his high school budies and his dog covered up in soap bubbles and lipstick near his butt - IF he'll be lucky and be able to drink enough, thus saving his psyche.

"When are you gonna get married" is the least of his problems.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:33:28 AM by Pan Michał »

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #12886 on: August 13, 2012, 05:49:54 AM »

If it's a Slavic wedding he will have to face gallons of vodka, tons of meat, hours of non-stop dancing with pretty girls with a dark thought "dead end - my family now", incomprehensibly drunken uncles doing things after which he would have to wash his brain with a flamethrower, his aunts trying to stop their husbands from excesive drinking and ending under the table, random wacko guests from the street, presumably a random fight for "family honour", a police intervention, drunken policemen dancing and flirting with pretty girls that are technically his family, a guest sitting in front of him trying to become his "spiritual father", his cousins trying to make a campfire at a local orchard and end up with a wildfire, an intervention from firemen, his grandpa trying to calm firemen with a story of him burning to the ground local Gestapo outpost, drunken firemen dancing and flirting with pretty girls that are techincally his family, finding a single and beautiful wedding guest that's not connected to him with ties of blood/family, starting to flirt with her, his grandma ending the conversation telling about the biggest poo he did as a baby, his father trying to save the flirt with trying to drive his grandma home, despite being absolutely drunk, his mother telling young-couple to be careful in bed, her brother telling a joke about it and making him wonder why does this happen, and ultimately going to the state of unconsciousness, waking up the next morning, remembering neither the whole night, nor how he end up lying all wet in a shower with his high school budies and his dog covered up in soap bubbles and lipstick near his butt - IF he'll be lucky and be able to drink enough, thus saving his psyche.

Ah yes, that's what I was getting at. I need to make me some Slavic friends.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12887 on: August 13, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »

I have to suffer through a wedding next weekend.  There'd better be an open bar.  Just sayin'.

Nope, not an ounce of Slav.

Probably no on the second count as well. 

And if I thought the weddering were going to be anything like Pan Michael describes, I'd not be dreading it so much!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • If you don't think, you shouldn't talk!
  • Faith: Alpaca Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #12888 on: August 13, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
We had random people wander in off the golf course. All of a sudden there were these guys on the dance floor with drinks that nobody knew. At that point though, nobody cared. ;)
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12889 on: August 13, 2012, 05:32:11 PM »

Very boring, I suppose.

Offline Manalive

• Иоанн
  • Elder
  • It is later than we think.
« Reply #12890 on: August 13, 2012, 08:49:51 PM »
I was born on Friday the 13th.  :)
"Lay hold of the pathway... rugged and narrow as it is."- St. John Chrystostom

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12891 on: August 13, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
As was I  8)

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12892 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:39 PM »

Please tell me that this is based on real events.
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
« Reply #12893 on: August 14, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »
My mother had her miscarriage on Friday the 13th  :(
...Or it's just possible he's a mouthy young man on an internet forum.
In the infinite wisdom of God, James can be all three.

Offline celticfan1888

• Production Operator - Chemtrusion
  • Archon
« Reply #12894 on: August 14, 2012, 02:17:30 AM »
I'm think I'm going to take my citizenship test (I think).
Forgive my sins.

Offline Severian

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12895 on: August 14, 2012, 02:58:43 AM »
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 03:01:57 AM by Severian »

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #12896 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:18 AM »
I'm not going to skirt around the issue. I want a kilt.

Offline Pan Michał

• Elder
« Reply #12897 on: August 14, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »
Please tell me that this is based on real events.

As my friend said, "you've captured it nicely". ;)

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #12898 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:10 AM »
I woke up on Friday the 13th. I also went to sleep on Friday the 13th. Spooky huh?

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline Pan Michał

• Elder
« Reply #12899 on: August 14, 2012, 08:53:12 AM »
I woke up on Friday the 13th. I also went to sleep on Friday the 13th. Spooky huh?

Selam

My pal's father always takes a day off on friday the 13th, stays home the whole day and doesn't do anything at all.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 08:53:44 AM by Pan Michał »

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12900 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
I once turned down a job as a CEO of a fortune 500 company because it was the 13th interview I'd been to that morning  :police:

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12901 on: August 14, 2012, 09:35:44 AM »

Indeed.  :o

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12902 on: August 14, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »
LOL. My aunt visited New York and bought me button-end suspenders. I love my family.

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12903 on: August 14, 2012, 03:37:21 PM »
LOL. My aunt visited New York and bought me button-end suspenders. I love my family.

How intriguing.  :D

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12904 on: August 14, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

Is sexy time!

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12905 on: August 14, 2012, 04:00:46 PM »

Is sexy time!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12906 on: August 14, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »

Is sexy time!

:o

Online TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #12907 on: August 14, 2012, 05:40:48 PM »
im getting married in a kilt

(well, when i do get married, that is)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #12908 on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:48 PM »
If a baseball game ends in the 13th inning, why does the game end badly for only one of the two teams?
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #12909 on: August 14, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »

What does the wife to be think about that?

I'm going to need this.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12910 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »

My friend got married in a kilt. That's all I have to say.

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12911 on: August 15, 2012, 12:51:16 AM »
As I lay on my couch a moment ago, open book sprawling across my face as I inhaled the old-book-smell goodness, I wished that they would come out with a spray with that scent. For my room to smell like a library filled with old books... what a glorious day that would be!

Offline Severian

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12912 on: August 15, 2012, 01:33:00 AM »
As I lay on my couch a moment ago, open book sprawling across my face as I inhaled the old-book-smell goodness, I wished that they would come out with a spray with that scent. For my room to smell like a library filled with old books... what a glorious day that would be!
+99
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:33:15 AM by Severian »

Offline celticfan1888

• Archon
« Reply #12913 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:52 AM »

Celtic?
Forgive my sins.

Offline celticfan1888

• Archon
« Reply #12914 on: August 15, 2012, 01:41:52 AM »
Sucks being stuck somewhere between Norwegian and American. I was born and spent the first 12 years of my life in Norway, but spent the past 9.5 in America. Should I get American citizenship or keep my Norwegian? Decisions, decisions.
Forgive my sins.