Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 1920787 times)

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #12780 on: July 28, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
I wasn't really a fan of this opening ceremony, generally speaking. I love the Parade of Nations, and the lighting of the torch of course, but other than that... not impressed.

As I like to say, "I was seriously underwhelmed."

I'm going to need this.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: ✓
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #12781 on: July 28, 2012, 11:58:48 AM »
I wasn't really a fan of this opening ceremony, generally speaking. I love the Parade of Nations, and the lighting of the torch of course, but other than that... not impressed.

As I like to say, "I was seriously underwhelmed."

Yes, exactly! Good descriptor.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #12782 on: July 28, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »
Well then, the 30 seconds I saw of it must have been the high point  :D
"I try to be good hard worker man, but refrigemator so messy... so, so messy."

Offline celticfan1888

• Production Operator - Chemtrusion
  • Archon
« Reply #12783 on: July 28, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
If I end up staying in the USA after school (whether it be to play soccer or be a university professor/paleontologist) I want to live in Colorado/Wyoming. It is gorgeous there, the climate is awesome, the crime and taxes are relatively low, I can own my huge horse farm, it's perfect. They have a pro soccer team (Colorado Rapids) in Denver (whom I'm already in contact with), and several very recognized universities (Colorado University, Colorado State; and University of Wyoming to name a few).
Forgive my sins.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #12784 on: July 28, 2012, 01:39:39 PM »
If I end up staying in the USA after school (whether it be to play soccer or be a university professor/paleontologist) I want to live in Colorado/Wyoming. It is gorgeous there, the climate is awesome, the crime and taxes are relatively low, I can own my huge horse farm, it's perfect. They have a pro soccer team (Colorado Rapids) in Denver (whom I'm already in contact with), and several very recognized universities (Colorado University, Colorado State; and University of Wyoming to name a few).
Jigga wha? Colorado is an awful state to live in. Awful[/b]
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline celticfan1888

• Archon
« Reply #12785 on: July 28, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
Jigga wha? Colorado is an awful state to live in. Awful[/b]

Why? It's like Cowboy state. When I visited I loved it (and Wyoming on a different occasion). <3
Forgive my sins.

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12786 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:06 PM »
Chicken tenders with barbecue sauce makes a good lunch. :)

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12787 on: July 29, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Chicken tenders with barbecue sauce makes a good lunch.

I had some fried balogna for lunch. I'd rather have had what you did. :)

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12788 on: July 29, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Chicken tenders with barbecue sauce makes a good lunch.

I had some fried balogna for lunch. I'd rather have had what you did. :)

Fried bologna sandwiches are delicious though. :)

Offline celticfan1888

• Archon
« Reply #12789 on: July 29, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »
I had a one pound cheeseburger, fries, and a chicken slider. :)
Forgive my sins.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #12790 on: July 29, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »
I'm so sick I'm barely lucid. Anything I may have posted in the last 24 hours should be taken in that light.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #12791 on: July 29, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
I'm so sick I'm barely lucid. Anything I may have posted in the last 24 hours should be taken in that light.

sorry to hear that ZZ, I pray you feel better,Lord have mercy! +hug+
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #12792 on: July 30, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »

Thank you, Hiwot. :) I feel a bit better today. Definitely lucid... Which was lucky because I had to pull myself together and go to my new school to register for classes. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :P

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12793 on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:26 PM »
unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :P

Another victim poster to make me feel better!  :P

In other random news: my spacebar is beginning to squeak when I tap it. I refuse to buy a new keyboard though.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #12794 on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:06 PM »
unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :P

In other random news: my spacebar is beginning to squeak when I tap it. I refuse to buy a new keyboard though.

WD-40?  ;D

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12795 on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:30 PM »

WD-40?  ;D

No it's not a star wars keyboard, just a regular one!  8)

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12796 on: July 30, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »

Thank you, Hiwot. :) I feel a bit better today. Definitely lucid... Which was lucky because I had to pull myself together and go to my new school to register for classes. Unfortunately, unbeknownst to me today was also the day to get my picture taken for my student ID/Mugbook.  :-\  Guess who's the prettiest gal on campus? Not this guy.  ::)  :P

Oh, I doubt that.  I'm sure you were the prettiest little llama ever!   ;)

Hope you start feeling better soon!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12797 on: July 30, 2012, 10:52:38 PM »

seconding this  ;D 

now if only I had your kind of excuse when mine was taken... :-[

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12798 on: July 30, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

seconding this  ;D 

We need to see some pictures of you on the "What's everyone look like" thread to determine with exactitude your llamaness...  8)

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12799 on: July 30, 2012, 11:07:21 PM »
I had a one pound cheeseburger, fries, and a chicken slider. :)

Sounds tasty. :)

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12800 on: July 30, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »

seconding this  ;D 

We need to see some pictures of you on the "What's everyone look like" thread to determine with exactitude your llamaness...  8)

mine was floating around as my avatar awhile back, the pain of it staring back at me became too much to bear, so it got tossed away into oblivion   ;D  perhaps someday soon when my masochistic mood strikes again I will put it back up lol

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12801 on: July 30, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »

seconding this  ;D 

mine was floating around as my avatar awhile back, the pain of it staring back at me became too much to bear, so it got tossed away into oblivion   ;D  perhaps someday soon when my masochistic mood strikes again I will put it back up lol

Oh, stop it!  You were a pleasure to look at!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12802 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:14 PM »

seconding this  ;D 

And you are sweetness itself ! :angel:

Offline Manalive

• Иоанн
  • Elder
  • It is later than we think.
« Reply #12803 on: July 31, 2012, 12:05:12 AM »
I ate some kind of beef jerky snack my friend brought across the sea from China. It was oily, spicy, and hard-- and now, I don't feel quite normal. I'm sure I'll be okay since 1.4 billion people eat it, but I'm having my doubts.  :-[
"Lay hold of the pathway... rugged and narrow as it is."- St. John Chrystostom

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12804 on: July 31, 2012, 12:08:35 AM »
That's not beef jerky!  ;D

Offline EkhristosAnesti

• 'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
  • Archon
  • Pope St Kyrillos VI
« Reply #12805 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:05 AM »
But you can bet he'd have beef with the kind of jerky it probably is. Ooooh yeah!
No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #12806 on: July 31, 2012, 11:38:30 AM »

seconding this  ;D 

Aha! I agree. I was wondering if that was you when it was your avatar. You are lovely, Hiwot. No surprise there- we already knew you were lovely on the inside. :)

And thank you both. I feel like a whole new person today. :) Even cautiously optimistic about my ID. At least I wore my glasses yesterday- hopefully the glare on them will hide the glassy, red eyes.  :D

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #12807 on: July 31, 2012, 11:39:09 AM »
I ate some kind of beef jerky snack my friend brought across the sea from China. It was oily, spicy, and hard-- and now, I don't feel quite normal. I'm sure I'll be okay since 1.4 billion people eat it, but I'm having my doubts.  :-[

I like your logic! Hope you feel better!

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #12808 on: August 01, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
Just watched Ross Ashcroft's Four Horsemen. I didn't buy everything in it but it felt like a breath of fresh air in the sense that it was fairly critical towards present economics while being wholeheartedly in favour of Capitalism, without advocating Socialism or equating Capitalism with bad treatment of workers. I have hardly ever seen anything that reasonable in Finland.

I wonder what comes next. Pink elephants? Fairies? A reasonable politician?

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12809 on: August 01, 2012, 03:20:26 PM »
I ate some kind of beef jerky snack my friend brought across the sea from China. It was oily, spicy, and hard-- and now, I don't feel quite normal. I'm sure I'll be okay since 1.4 billion people eat it, but I'm having my doubts.  :-[

I try to avoid snacks from China. For some reason, I've just always been suspicious about the quality of the snacks from there; when I eat snacks from Asia, I eat the ones from South Korea or Japan.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:21:14 PM by christian7777 »

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #12810 on: August 01, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct English sentence.

It is also possible to repeat the word "that" five times in succession in a grammatically correct English sentence.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12811 on: August 01, 2012, 08:12:18 PM »
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct English sentence.

It is also possible to repeat the word "that" five times in succession in a grammatically correct English sentence.

Put down the generative grammar texts . . .
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12812 on: August 01, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
I'm calling him Susan for that one!~!

Offline ozgeorge

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12813 on: August 01, 2012, 09:32:47 PM »

Put down the generative grammar texts . . .
I'll do even better; here's the Reed-Kellogg diagram:

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12814 on: August 01, 2012, 10:50:49 PM »

I'm familiar with the Buffalo thing, but I wasn't aware that the word "that" five times in succession could be correct as well. :)

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #12815 on: August 02, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »

Okay, you have me buffaloed. ???
Not all who wander are lost.

Offline ozgeorge

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12816 on: August 02, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »

Okay, you have me buffaloed. ???

Buffalo buffalo             -       Bison from Buffalo NY
Buffalo buffalo buffalo   -       which are intimidated by other bison from Buffalo NY
buffalo Buffalo buffalo   -       themselves, in turn, intimidate other bison from Buffalo NY

One of the students wrote the word "that" and the teacher said that that "that" that that student wrote was grammatically incorrect.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:28:15 AM by ozgeorge »

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #12817 on: August 02, 2012, 03:10:57 AM »
It never fails to amaze me how many old school backpacks I still use to transport things. I have at least 5, including a couple from middle school (for many years, I'd get a new one each year).

They come in handy to move DVDs, books, etc. from my parents' house to my apartment & back and also on vacations.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12818 on: August 02, 2012, 09:38:45 AM »

I don't know how but somehow you made me sick.  I am semi-ok now, but I stayed home from work yesterday and even had to cancel a date.  I slept the vast majority of the last 30 hours or so, waking up at least once per hour.  I at one can of soup.  I still feel weak, but the fever broke last night at 2 am.

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12819 on: August 02, 2012, 10:04:23 AM »
One of the students wrote the word "that" and the teacher said that that "that" that that student wrote was grammatically incorrect.

I see. :)

Offline celticfan1888

• Archon
« Reply #12820 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31:25 AM »
I will live in Wyoming someday, it is decided!
Forgive my sins.

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #12821 on: August 03, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »
Bought a copy of the Orthodox Study Bible yesterday while I was visiting with my priest. Nice looking Bible all around.

Wyoming is amazing. Beautiful state.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #12822 on: August 03, 2012, 04:15:40 AM »

So your are not planning return to Norway?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:16:58 AM by Alpo »

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #12823 on: August 03, 2012, 07:30:00 AM »
Woke up from a nightmare involving the shrieking eel from the Princess Bride...
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Online Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12824 on: August 03, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
Achronos does not get eaten by the eel at this time. I'm explaining to you because you look nervous.