Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 2078482 times)

Offline christian7777

• Elder
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #12600 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
How come in a nightmare you always wake up right before your death? Likewise, how does the brain stimulate such great and accurate pleasures? For example, I had a lucid dream the other night where I was flying over the Himalayas and I truly felt like I was soaring through the air; it felt very similar to a rollercoaster. But I've noticed that when it comes to lucid dreaming, if you rush into something too drastic early on, you tend to wake up and screw it up. You have to start slow.

LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!!

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12601 on: July 11, 2012, 10:23:37 AM »
My least favorite part of that stupid movie.
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12602 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:07 AM »
I really want to order a pizza. It's feeling like a pizza kind of a night.

Did you give in and do it?  I got home from class last night and my brother and his friend had picked up pizza.  I had three slices and my stomach has been paying for it ever since.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12603 on: July 11, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »

Today's secret word is... anthropomorphism!  AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Semi-Evangelical
  • Jurisdiction: Might become Orthodox
« Reply #12604 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »
How come in a nightmare you always wake up right before your death? Likewise, how does the brain stimulate such great and accurate pleasures? For example, I had a lucid dream the other night where I was flying over the Himalayas and I truly felt like I was soaring through the air; it felt very similar to a rollercoaster. But I've noticed that when it comes to lucid dreaming, if you rush into something too drastic early on, you tend to wake up and screw it up. You have to start slow.

This is not always true. I've died many times in dreams. I wouldn't necessarily call all of them nightmares.

This is just folk tale.
So you're the guy they wrote Mad World about?

Actually, I've been positively eviscerated in a dream a couple of times, too. Everything just kind of starts over.
Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words. -Goethe

I once heard a monk say, “The person of prayer does not need to go any further than his own heart to find the source of all violence in the world.” -Fr. Stephen Freeman

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12605 on: July 11, 2012, 12:36:47 PM »

But it's not literally the secret word, that's just the best way to describe it in our human terms.
Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see one exquisite picture, and, if possible, speak a few sensible words. -Goethe

I once heard a monk say, “The person of prayer does not need to go any further than his own heart to find the source of all violence in the world.” -Fr. Stephen Freeman

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12606 on: July 11, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »
So none of my friends want to go with me to an 8 hour Nolan Batman marathon on the 19th. Would it be super lame to go by myself?
Just do it already :p

My parents think it's pretty pathetic, but I think I'll go for it. All my friends are nerdy shut-ins but why should that stop me from going out?
Well, maybe you'll meet a girl there or something.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12607 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:12 PM »

But it's not literally the secret word, that's just the best way to describe it in our human terms.

:D ;D

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12608 on: July 11, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »
This DBZ Budokai 3 fight is AMAZING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAR9STj4Vgg

Offline celticfan1888

• Production Operator - Chemtrusion
  • Archon
« Reply #12609 on: July 11, 2012, 01:56:03 PM »

Ultimate Tenkaichi is better.  ;)
Forgive my sins.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12610 on: July 11, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

This is not always true. I've died many times in dreams. I wouldn't necessarily call all of them nightmares.

This is just folk tale.

Actually, I've been positively eviscerated in a dream a couple of times, too. Everything just kind of starts over.

I've seen the world go on without me.

As unbelievable as that may seem.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:16:40 PM by orthonorm »
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12611 on: July 11, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

Ultimate Tenkaichi is better.  ;)
I've actually only played the first two Budokais.

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12612 on: July 11, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »

This is just folk tale.

I've seen the world go on without me.

As unbelievable as that may seem.

Not too surprising, actually.

Offline celticfan1888

• Production Operator - Chemtrusion
  • Archon
« Reply #12613 on: July 11, 2012, 05:29:22 PM »

LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!! LOOK WHAT JESUS DID!!!!!!!!
dude you dont need to shout

It's from the movie "Ted" lol
Forgive my sins.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #12614 on: July 11, 2012, 05:34:28 PM »
Horrifically busy rest of the month at work and home. It's going to take every bit of mojo I have and the will of God to get everything finished.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12615 on: July 11, 2012, 06:03:56 PM »
Hang in there!

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12616 on: July 12, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
David Mitchell's Soapbox is back, baby! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IeyqbsOqn4

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12617 on: July 12, 2012, 12:49:41 PM »

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12618 on: July 12, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
Err, sorry for the video spam. The video of the day thread is just kind of dead. That was the last one.

First world problems.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12619 on: July 12, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
That rap video is ... . .    what? get out of my head...  what? what?

The guy sitting on the tele pole is... . .   +++gogogo

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12620 on: July 12, 2012, 06:00:56 PM »
That rap video is ... . .    what? get out of my head...  what? what?

The guy sitting on the tele pole is... . .   +++gogogo
Is what  :laugh:?

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12621 on: July 12, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
Is what  :laugh: what  :laugh:?   Lol, if you're asking if I liked it... um... well it's stuck in my head! but... I liked the other one...

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12622 on: July 12, 2012, 06:17:39 PM »
Is what  :laugh: what  :laugh:?   Lol, if you're asking if I liked it... um... well it's stuck in my head! but... I liked the other one...
Oh, I just didn't understand what you meant about the second one lol.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12623 on: July 12, 2012, 06:21:46 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that, sometimes my communication Skisdfk dslliiej fj ffij  IJIjfd. Know what I mean?

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12624 on: July 12, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Yeah, sorry about that, sometimes my communication Skisdfk dslliiej fj ffij  IJIjfd. Know what I mean?
on pbrobeml

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
  • No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...
« Reply #12625 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:08 PM »
BEHOLD TRUE RANDOMNESS:

http://youtu.be/p1o1LgGlV88
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12626 on: July 12, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
BEHOLD TRUE RANDOMNESS:

http://youtu.be/p1o1LgGlV88
lol, I've actually seen that before.

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #12627 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:49 PM »
Hey, Hey, Hey! Dr. William "Bill" Cosby turns 75 today. ;D
Not all who wander are lost.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12628 on: July 12, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12629 on: July 12, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »

Such wackiness in this world.

Online ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • You talkin' to me?
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #12630 on: July 12, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »
I really want to order a pizza. It's feeling like a pizza kind of a night.

Did you give in and do it?  I got home from class last night and my brother and his friend had picked up pizza.  I had three slices and my stomach has been paying for it ever since.

Yes I did. I found an awesome coupon code online for Papa John's. Let's just say they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12631 on: July 12, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »
I have found some Japanese music videos on the youtubes.  Yeah.  I really don't know what to say.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
« Reply #12632 on: July 12, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »
I have found some Japanese music videos on the youtubes.  Yeah.  I really don't know what to say.

Did you follow my link up above?
The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
  • I see you.
  • Faith: Serious inquirer.
« Reply #12633 on: July 13, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
One of the cool things about Orthodoxy is that it's completely normal to name someone "Seraphim"

:P
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline PeterTheAleut

• The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #12634 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »
Hey, Hey, Hey! Dr. William "Bill" Cosby turns 75 today. ;D
Not all who wander are lost.

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #12635 on: July 13, 2012, 12:52:38 AM »

That's what got me started.  The masochism went on from there.  Then I listened to Yatta, which is actually a very catchy song.  Then...  Then I found this monstrosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpP5lh6Pl6c

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
  • I see you.
« Reply #12636 on: July 13, 2012, 01:43:16 AM »
Well, since we are talking about Japanese music, give this a shot. The guy voices every vocal part in the song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osWXbe7MbGE
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline akimori makoto

• Archon
« Reply #12637 on: July 13, 2012, 04:15:33 AM »
Lawl, check out the top comments!:

http://youtu.be/G6Wi1GULbUM

Offline Volnutt

• Taxiarches
« Reply #12638 on: July 13, 2012, 07:26:33 AM »

That's what got me started.  The masochism went on from there.  Then I listened to Yatta, which is actually a very catchy song.  Then...  Then I found this monstrosity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpP5lh6Pl6c
I hope I've never given anyone the impression that I watch things like that other than to laugh at how silly they are.

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12639 on: July 13, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
Today's Japanese phrase is... Mushi Atsui!

Online Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #12640 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:14 PM »

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #12641 on: July 13, 2012, 09:26:54 PM »

LOL!!! awesome hair! When I have time I like to watch Ancient Aliens to be entertained by Giorgio's hair and his extremely hilarious arguments and the way he argues, and David Childress's voice, the way  David talks especially about the mythologies you can see him getting worked up about his own stories and his tone takes on that 'I wanna impress you by my tone in case you are not impressed by what I am telling you', my cheeks hurt from grinning every time those two start talking, totally entertaining. Von Daniken annoys me sometimes especially when he tries to interpret Scripture I start booing, but he too is quite entertaining. ;D
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline Hiwot

• Christ is Risen!
  • OC.net guru
  • Job 19:25-27
« Reply #12642 on: July 13, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
some koynd of skoy : David Childress

WARNING: some Sexual Content /Mature stuff/

How many times can you  beat him to answer the question Who could have done that? what kind of powers do you need to have to do that? who could they be? the answer to all is Aliens  or some koynd of ancient aliens  :P  . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXbTJsnH-s&feature=related  love the way he talks , he is absolutely addictive lol
To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
  • I see you.
« Reply #12643 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:33 PM »
Since I just noticed he's sitting at 7999 right now, I'm going to go ahead and congratulate orthonorm early on reaching 8000 posts.

Offline christian7777

• Elder
« Reply #12644 on: July 14, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
One of the cool things about Orthodoxy is that it's completely normal to name someone "Seraphim"

:P

That is indeed rather intriguing.