Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 1983391 times)

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
  • Can you stand on your head?
  • Faith: ✓
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #11790 on: May 04, 2012, 01:43:20 PM »
Double posting, sorry.

Is there anything worse than the spider you can't see anymore? Every time my hair touches my arm now, I flip.  :(

Was playing World of Tanks one night and was admiring the M103 right in front of me (i.e. had my cursor and thus my canon aiming right up his rear) when a moth flew right in my face.  I squealed, as that is my natural, girly reaction to having insects in close proximity, and instinctively clicked the mouse putting a 100mm shell right into his rear armour.  He immediately turned his turret, typed "WTF?!" and put a 105 round into me.  I typed that I was sorry and that a moth had flown right into my face.  There were choruses of lols afterwards.

True story.

Haha, that is funny.

I am definitely no fan of insects. The other day a butterfly attempted to land on my head and I freaked and ran. Not one of my proudest moments.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11791 on: May 04, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
Double posting, sorry.

Is there anything worse than the spider you can't see anymore? Every time my hair touches my arm now, I flip.  :(

Was playing World of Tanks one night and was admiring the M103 right in front of me (i.e. had my cursor and thus my canon aiming right up his rear) when a moth flew right in my face.  I squealed, as that is my natural, girly reaction to having insects in close proximity, and instinctively clicked the mouse putting a 100mm shell right into his rear armour.  He immediately turned his turret, typed "WTF?!" and put a 105 round into me.  I typed that I was sorry and that a moth had flown right into my face.  There were choruses of lols afterwards.

True story.

Haha, that is funny.

I am definitely no fan of insects. The other day a butterfly attempted to land on my head and I freaked and ran. Not one of my proudest moments.

Happens to the best of us.  Every time I am outside I keep the dog around.  She likes to eat june bugs.  Need to get her to learn to get a taste for moths.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11792 on: May 04, 2012, 05:05:24 PM »
Double posting, sorry.

True story.

Haha, that is funny.

Happens to the best of us.  Every time I am outside I keep the dog around.  She likes to eat june bugs.  Need to get her to learn to get a taste for moths.

OMG yours too? Both of mine love eating June bugs! I thought they were just weird. June bugs have claw-like feet, all the better for getting trapped in my hair... so I definitely encourage my dogs in their habit of eating them.
"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11793 on: May 04, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11794 on: May 04, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
Seriously debating whether or not to order a pizza right now. On one hand, it's pretty much my favorite. On the other, it's almost 10:30.

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11795 on: May 05, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »
Seriously debating whether or not to order a pizza right now. On one hand, it's pretty much my favorite. On the other, it's almost 10:30.

I got McDonalds at 11:45.  Bye bye diet.  Thank you for loosing me 35 lbs.  Now I shall gain them back again in one nasty orgy of double cheese birger...
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
  • St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!
  • Faith: Misotheistic Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America
« Reply #11796 on: May 05, 2012, 02:43:43 AM »
One of my cousins is coming to visit, should I invite him to Liturgy?
...Or it's just possible he's a mouthy young man on an internet forum.
In the infinite wisdom of God, James can be all three.

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #11797 on: May 05, 2012, 03:00:32 AM »
I miss the times when the fast food actually tasted rather good. But working nearly two years in a fast food restaurant really takes the taste for fast food out of you.

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #11798 on: May 05, 2012, 03:25:22 AM »
Blasphemy. If I worked at Wendy's everyday I imagine that the food would only get better and better each day.

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #11799 on: May 05, 2012, 03:50:12 AM »
Blasphemy. If I worked at Wendy's everyday I imagine that the food would only get better and better each day.

I work only two or three evenings or nights a week but believe me. It doesn't.

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11800 on: May 05, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »
Wendy's new burgers are so incredible.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11801 on: May 05, 2012, 01:07:45 PM »
"Most of the time, I'm pretty even-tempered.  Aside from the odd nervous breakdown or caffeine-induced bliss-seizure, I have the emotional variation of sand.  However, every once in a great while, I'll lapse into what I like to call a 'sneaky hate spiral.'"

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/05/sneaky-hate-spiral.html

This is me today.   >:(

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11802 on: May 05, 2012, 03:28:17 PM »
^ Here's a cute animal video (courtesy of RWJ) to help brighten your day... hope it gets better...
We all have an El Guapo to face. Be brave, and fight like lions!

Form a 'brute squad' then!

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #11803 on: May 05, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
Wendy's new burgers are so incredible.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline Ionnis

• OC.net guru
« Reply #11804 on: May 05, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »
"Most of the time, I'm pretty even-tempered.  Aside from the odd nervous breakdown or caffeine-induced bliss-seizure, I have the emotional variation of sand.  However, every once in a great while, I'll lapse into what I like to call a 'sneaky hate spiral.'"

I hope things get better!  And not to ignore your current state, but that blog post you linked to is amazing.  I laughed my butt off.  True to life and the pictures are cute. :)
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #11805 on: May 05, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »

I hope things get better!  And not to ignore your current state, but that blog post you linked to is amazing.  I laughed my butt off.  True to life and the pictures are cute. :)

You should have been punched as a kid.

Offline Ionnis

• OC.net guru
« Reply #11806 on: May 05, 2012, 04:05:56 PM »

You know you like that blog post.   :)
"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #11807 on: May 05, 2012, 04:07:14 PM »

You know you like that blog post.   :)

The cat in the face is unfortunately hits too close too home as of late.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11808 on: May 05, 2012, 05:59:36 PM »

is that ur blog?

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11809 on: May 05, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »

is that ur blog?

No, unfortunately I can't claim it. But she is hilarious, and these are some of my favorites:

On Texas:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/texas.html

The Party
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/09/party.html

This is Why I'll Never Be an Adult:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

And the best one:

The Alot is Better Than You at Everything:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11810 on: May 05, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »

The sneaky hate spiral has run its course. I am back to being sand.  ;) Check out the other ones I just posted!

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11811 on: May 05, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:09:54 PM by Achronos »
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #11812 on: May 05, 2012, 08:22:07 PM »
The first Saturday in May is Free Comic Book Day, and my local comic book store participates. Got a lot of stuff for very cheap (the free comic book table had been basically emptied, though).

About $230 of stuff (all anime & manga stuff except for a VHS tape of Doctor Zhivago) for about $55. Not bad!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11813 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »
Gas station people that card when I don't have my ID ruin my life. Hate spiral back on!  ::)

At least I have Bones to catch up on.

What are you party people doing this fine Saturday PM?

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11814 on: May 05, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
Gas station people that card when I don't have my ID ruin my life. Hate spiral back on!  ::)

Keeping track of baseball (Go Braves) and basketball (Hawks aren't on, but tracking the scores anyways). Also bought some free comic book day stuff (like I said before). Taking the day off before resuming work on papers (got one left this semester).
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11815 on: May 05, 2012, 11:56:12 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHeFLL3zGk  Hatredy - Dethklok.

Now you have a soundtrack for your hate spiral.  Now break out that lawnmower and let out your rage!

As for my evenings plans...well, it doesn't involve partying.  But if it did, it would look like this:

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11816 on: May 06, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsHeFLL3zGk  Hatredy - Dethklok.

Now you have a soundtrack for your hate spiral.  Now break out that lawnmower and let out your rage!

As for my evenings plans...well, it doesn't involve partying.  But if it did, it would look like this:

Dethklok, bringing me back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkprjwyq18&feature=youtube_gdata_player

True confession: I rule so hard at playing Thunderhorse on Guitar Hero 2. Well... I did. It's been a bit since I've played it.  I could suck now.  :D

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #11817 on: May 06, 2012, 12:49:31 AM »
Well I'm a pretty big rebel, so I do not know if all you old folks really did anything as dangerous and fun as I did this Saturday night. I held my mother's purse for her and followed her around all day while she shopped at boring womens' department stores.

Online TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #11818 on: May 06, 2012, 08:08:27 AM »

Keeping track of baseball (Go Braves) and basketball (Hawks aren't on, but tracking the scores anyways). Also bought some free comic book day stuff (like I said before). Taking the day off before resuming work on papers (got one left this semester).
hahahaha braves. at least ill give you credit for cheering for REAL NL baseball, unlike the AL

Offline Babalon

• Resident Occultist
  • I am everywhere the centre.
    • A.'.A.'.
« Reply #11819 on: May 06, 2012, 06:27:46 PM »

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11820 on: May 06, 2012, 10:53:59 PM »
The following was seen in my local Walmart parking lot around 2am this morning. (little NSFW language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=K8slrsgYYzU

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11821 on: May 06, 2012, 11:27:57 PM »
The following was seen in my local Walmart parking lot around 2am this morning. (little NSFW language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=K8slrsgYYzU

Whoa! Was he shot there?

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11822 on: May 06, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11823 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:33 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Oh. Well, I hope he's okay. I couldn't hear her very well.

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11824 on: May 06, 2012, 11:37:33 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Same here, but she sure did make a scene.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11825 on: May 06, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Walmart is a scene unto itself. I've wasted many an hour browsing at peopleofwalmart.com.

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11826 on: May 06, 2012, 11:43:08 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Walmart is a scene unto itself. I've wasted many an hour browsing at peopleofwalmart.com.

Haha same here, though I haven't done it lately.

And yeah, I did record it from a long ways off, so not surprised the audio isn't great.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11827 on: May 06, 2012, 11:50:15 PM »

Whoa! Was he shot there?
No, in California.

Haha same here, though I haven't done it lately.

And yeah, I did record it from a long ways off, so not surprised the audio isn't great.

I haven't in a while either... No time like the present!  ;)

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #11828 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:09 AM »
I really need to start exercising. I'm getting tubby.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #11829 on: May 07, 2012, 12:07:58 AM »

Eat less. You can't outrun a cheeseburger.

And you smarmy people know what I mean.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11830 on: May 07, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »

Eat less. You can't outrun a cheeseburger.

So true, but such a bummer.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11831 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »
think i'm gonna take a break from posting for a while. see y'all when i see ya...

Offline ZealousZeal

• Archon
« Reply #11832 on: May 07, 2012, 12:32:19 AM »
think i'm gonna take a break from posting for a while. see y'all when i see ya...

A break from posting like a real break, or a break until tomorrow because it's bedtime?  ???

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11833 on: May 07, 2012, 12:33:30 AM »

I need a break from people IRL.

Seriously why do people have these grand expectations for you to perform at, both at a friendship and relationship level and when you dont meet that you get backlashed.

I'm so sick of it and I'm about to defriend everyone I know.

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline JamesR

• Virginal Chicano Blood
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #11834 on: May 07, 2012, 01:14:44 AM »
Someone is being a grumpy Gus...