Author Topic: Random Postings  (Read 1925531 times)

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
Re: Random Postings
« Reply #11430 on: March 28, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »
Could everyone please leave the forum so that I know there will be no more posts so that I am not waiting up to see any new posts so I can finally get to bed so I can get up tomorrow on time because I'm going to be really tired now as it is without waiting up another hour for people to finish making their posts because there's a lot of people on here yet which is surprising for 2am but then that's eastern time so who knows but please if you would do me a favor and just log off so I can go to sleep ok great thank you and a good night to you ok bye!
Dude! Go to bed.

Ok... I'm tired of waiting, I guess I will go to bed now...

Wait your whole life.  You'll never find a girl like me.

And that's how we learned you're really a girl... or a girl at heart and deserve board in the girl dorms. (crossthread points?)

I'm going to need this.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11431 on: March 28, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »
Could everyone please leave the forum so that I know there will be no more posts so that I am not waiting up to see any new posts so I can finally get to bed so I can get up tomorrow on time because I'm going to be really tired now as it is without waiting up another hour for people to finish making their posts because there's a lot of people on here yet which is surprising for 2am but then that's eastern time so who knows but please if you would do me a favor and just log off so I can go to sleep ok great thank you and a good night to you ok bye!
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)

Offline ironchapman

• A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
  • High Elder
« Reply #11432 on: March 28, 2012, 01:50:28 AM »
So, lately I've begun again something I used to love doing: writing stories. In this case, they're loosely based upon some of my more amusing college experiences. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:51:00 AM by ironchapman »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11433 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01:28 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11434 on: March 28, 2012, 02:04:42 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

::)

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11435 on: March 28, 2012, 11:30:53 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

Boys, boys!  There's enough vamrat for everyone!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #11436 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:13 PM »
Woman I work with stopped at a public restroom in Indiana last weekend.

She took a photo.

There is a photocopier right next to the stall.

How can this NOT go wrong?
Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
« Reply #11437 on: March 28, 2012, 12:31:26 PM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

I swore you were a guy......

PP
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11438 on: March 28, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

PP

There was a time...
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
  • Faith: Agnosticish
« Reply #11439 on: March 28, 2012, 01:01:07 PM »
^So what are you now? Gender fluid? Tranny? Metrosexual? Canadian?
"Christian America is finally waking up to what fraternities and biker gangs have known for years: hazing works!"

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11440 on: March 28, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
Woman I work with stopped at a public restroom in Indiana last weekend.

She took a photo.

There is a photocopier right next to the stall.

How can this NOT go wrong?

Whoa.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #11441 on: March 28, 2012, 02:28:15 PM »

Replicant? ???
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

If you wish to contact me, please use the information in my profile.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11442 on: March 28, 2012, 02:42:47 PM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

PP

There was a time...

...I rode a roller coaster, from Coney Island to Key West...

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11443 on: March 28, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

Whatever I am paid to be.

I am a homosexual woman in a man's body that dresses gender-appropriately though not conformist to my inner self.  But, I can drive.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:47:32 PM by vamrat »

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11444 on: March 29, 2012, 01:41:09 AM »
I found Bubba Ho-Tep at my local Books-a-Million for $5. Really thinking about getting it.

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11445 on: March 29, 2012, 01:51:15 AM »
Do it!
"Christian America is finally waking up to what fraternities and biker gangs have known for years: hazing works!"

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11446 on: March 29, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »
Speaking of, if they screw up the Evil Dead reboot I might not recover from the depression that will set in...

Offline Aindriú

• Faster! Funnier!
  • Protokentarchos
    • Blog
« Reply #11447 on: March 29, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

PP

There was a time...

So is vamrat your stripper name? Or do you go by something less... ratty... like vam-chocolate-surprise-kitten?

I'm going to need this.

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11448 on: March 29, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

PP

There was a time...

So is vamrat your stripper name? Or do you go by something less... ratty... like vam-chocolate-surprise-kitten?

Chastity. 

Offline primuspilus

• Taxiarches
  • Inserting personal quote here.
    • Holy Trinity Orthodox Church
« Reply #11449 on: March 29, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »
Dude! Go to bed.

haha...do tell! ;)
vamrat's mine. Back off.

PP

There was a time...

Chastity. 
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #11450 on: March 29, 2012, 12:12:56 PM »
http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/index.html

If you think you've had a bad week...  ;)
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11451 on: March 29, 2012, 12:38:26 PM »
A copypasta...

On a cold Friday afternoon, I had come home from school. I had been thinking of the gym all day. I was hungry, didn't have any lunch. In fact, I didn't eat because I spent the money. For the past month I was saving up for something. Something special which I bought at GNC. I was surprised they didn't ask for ID; I was pretty sure the cashier noticed how nervous I was. Anyways, my mom asked my how my day was when I got home, but I ignored her. I have more important things to do. I run to the bathroom and unpack my bag. In my school bag is a white plastic bag from GNC. I open the bag, first removing the receipt and flushing it down the toilet to get rid of the evidence. My heart was racing now. I unpack the creatine monster from the bag.

I wonder what people will be asking me when they see that I will be 50lbs heavier. Should I say I was just eating a lot? I remove the label from the tub and tear it into a thousand small pieces. I flush that down the toilet, too. It is time now. I run up to my room when my mom ask me what I am holding. I panic, sweat drips down my forehead and my teeth chatter. "Mom, it's just for a school project". "What project?" "I don't know mom I just started it!". A tear runs down my cheek. I run upstairs and open the creatine, scooping upservings into a clear water bottle. What have I gotten myself into? I fill it with water and drink it. There is no turning back now. The creatine monster is inside me now, it will control me. What should I do if I die? I cant let my family know about this.

I open the creatine tub and throw it all out the window; a white cloud of mysterious dust sparkles into the wind so graciously. I feel the substance taking control of me; I am now the monster. I walk downstairs, its time to work out; time to get big. Now I worry, I don't want to get too big; people will think I use steroids. I do use steroids. No I don't. Creatine. All I see is the weights now, I am almost downstairs when I hear "Do you want a cookie I just baked". I know I do not have time for this **** now. "No mom I do not want a cookie" I walk in the basement and drop to my knees before the weights, tears running down my cheeks. I turn to the right and look at myself in the mirror. Oh god, what have I done?

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11452 on: March 29, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11453 on: March 29, 2012, 05:16:39 PM »
Drunk guy sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" from the back of a cop car. http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10925507-man-belts-out-bohemian-rhapsody-from-back-of-cop-car

LOL

:D That's just awesome! I like how he does the instruments in between vocals, makes a gun with his hand, etc...  :D

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #11454 on: March 29, 2012, 05:21:25 PM »
I just got a job! I'll be working through a temp company, for a bank, for the next six months.

Thank you Lord.   ;D

--

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11455 on: March 29, 2012, 05:22:47 PM »
I just got a job! I'll be working through a temp company, for a bank, for the next six months.

Thank you Lord.   ;D

Congrats :)

Offline ironchapman

• High Elder
« Reply #11456 on: March 29, 2012, 05:32:15 PM »
Drunk guy sings "Bohemian Rhapsody" from the back of a cop car. http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/29/10925507-man-belts-out-bohemian-rhapsody-from-back-of-cop-car

LOL

:D That's just awesome! I like how he does the instruments in between vocals, makes a gun with his hand, etc...  :D
"Physical violence is the least of my priorities"

I lol'd.

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #11457 on: March 29, 2012, 05:52:50 PM »

Thank you Lord.   ;D

Congrats :)

Thank you.   :)

--

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #11458 on: March 30, 2012, 12:07:05 AM »
Here comes baseball season! Yeah!  :)

--

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11459 on: March 30, 2012, 12:10:47 AM »
...and can the Pirates break the losing record. Please oh please
“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11460 on: March 30, 2012, 12:12:44 AM »

*sigh*  I'm sort of bummed out, because I don't have cable where I'm staying, and I don't know when I'm going to be moving so that I can get it... so I might be stuck listening on the internet. I guess having to listen to the hockey playoffs on the net is going to be even worse though. On the positive side, not seeing the Pirates play will probably mean that my stress level will be half of what it would have been!

Offline Shiny

• Site Supporter
  • Toumarches
  • Paint It Red
« Reply #11461 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:29 AM »
Uh where are you living now?

lol you at a monastery?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 12:16:39 AM by Achronos »

– St. Ambrose of Milan

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11462 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:38 AM »
...and can the Pirates break the losing record. Please oh please

I got the record right last year... here's my prediction for this year...

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11463 on: March 30, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »
Uh where are you living now?

lol you at a monastery?

:o I would just about die if I lived at a monastery  ;D

I'm crashing at my Dad's place... well he doesn't live here at the moment, so it's sort of temporarily my place, but I'm working on saving enough money to get an apartment...

Offline Melodist

• Archon
« Reply #11464 on: March 30, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
A Joke I heard at work.

How do you know a pepper is being nosey? It's jalepeno business.
And FWIW, these are our Fathers too, you know.

Made Perfect in Weakness - Latest Post: The Son of God

Online biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
    • Alaska Volcanoes
« Reply #11465 on: March 30, 2012, 03:50:53 PM »
A Joke I heard at work.

That was good.  :D

--

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11466 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »
A Joke I heard at work.

I don't get it. Is it supposed to sound like "all up in yo" ?

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11467 on: March 30, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »
Tonight will be the first Orthodox service I've been to in...  well, let's just say it's been a while  :angel:  Now that I live about 4 blocks away from a parish I guess I can't complain that I don't have a way to get there.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
« Reply #11468 on: March 31, 2012, 09:00:51 AM »
Tonight will be the first Orthodox service I've been to in...  well, let's just say it's been a while  :angel:  Now that I live about 4 blocks away from a parish I guess I can't complain that I don't have a way to get there.
It's a start.  Many years!
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11469 on: March 31, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

let us know how it goes  :)

Offline Justin Kissel

• Formerly a *, now a ☆
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #11470 on: April 04, 2012, 02:00:16 AM »
Ha, the Church was locked tight as a lobster's butt. Luckily it was scheduled for 6 (according to the OCA site), so I had time to go home and look for another option. I found an Antiochian parish about a half hour away that was having a service at 7, so I went to that one instead. It also happened to be the parish I was chrismated in (though with a new priest). Didn't go well, frankly, but such is life.  :)

And now I need to decide whether to go to bed. I was going to wake up early and go to the gym, but if I go to sleep now (2am here) I'll probably just turn the alarm off in the morning and not go. Bah.  :angel:

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11471 on: April 04, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »
Ha, the Church was locked tight as a lobster's butt. Luckily it was scheduled for 6 (according to the OCA site), so I had time to go home and look for another option. I found an Antiochian parish about a half hour away that was having a service at 7, so I went to that one instead. It also happened to be the parish I was chrismated in (though with a new priest). Didn't go well, frankly, but such is life.  :)

And now I need to decide whether to go to bed. I was going to wake up early and go to the gym, but if I go to sleep now (2am here) I'll probably just turn the alarm off in the morning and not go. Bah.  :angel:

oh i see. that's unfortunate. hopefully you get to attend a holy week service and have a better experience :angel:

Offline William

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11472 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:24 AM »
any NCAA natty championship predictions?

UK and UofL will play in the Final Four. UK will win the championship.

So far so good.  :)

And i think it will come true... no one else is as strong as Kentucky right now. Remind me to take you with me next time I go to Vegas, William ;)

I really should've entered a pool this year.  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:08:34 AM by William »
Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Offline Babalon

• Resident Occultist
  • I am everywhere the centre.
    • A.'.A.'.
« Reply #11473 on: April 04, 2012, 04:20:34 AM »
I am extremely intoxicated.

Offline Alpo

• Taxiarches
  • My borcht recipe is better than your borcht recipe
« Reply #11474 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:45 AM »
I am extremely intoxicated.

Me too. I'm starting to get fairly fed up with Vegan food.