Author Topic: OCnet Quotable Quotes  (Read 341956 times)

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Re: OCnet Quotable Quotes
« Reply #1845 on: May 04, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »
Sounds like you got lost in the forest you planted.  Next time, invest in breadcrumbs.

Excellent.
What is "Excellent"?

Notice how it says "OO Wins" in the upper left hand corner.  Meanwhile,

1.  There is an idol at extreme left, looks like a Hindu deity or some other Eastern religion's god
2.  The window with the metal grate on the right looks like the number one, like "one nature"
3.  Next to that are two hanging meat hooks, and one is definitely superior to the other, like how the divinity swallows the humanity
4.  The hanging meat hooks are probably for Armenian liturgical animal sacrifices
5.  No one gets that muscular without some sort of drug use.  Are those green patches on the ground marijuana?

I'm happy to say I played a small role in instigating this masterpiece of pictorial exegesis.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
« Reply #1846 on: May 06, 2017, 03:43:08 PM »
Sounds like you got lost in the forest you planted.  Next time, invest in breadcrumbs.

Excellent.
What is "Excellent"?

1.  There is an idol at extreme left, looks like a Hindu deity or some other Eastern religion's god
2.  The window with the metal grate on the right looks like the number one, like "one nature"
3.  Next to that are two hanging meat hooks, and one is definitely superior to the other, like how the divinity swallows the humanity
4.  The hanging meat hooks are probably for Armenian liturgical animal sacrifices
5.  No one gets that muscular without some sort of drug use.  Are those green patches on the ground marijuana?
I'm happy to say I played a small role in instigating this masterpiece of pictorial exegesis.
Hello, Rohzek and Iconodule.
As you know, this is a picture of me getting punched out that Mor and Iconodule love, followed by a list of mischaracterizations that they associate with me.

I see how mortal combat cartoons about apologetics can be just in good fun in general, but before indulging in it, I invite you to please think of it from my perspective: How might Mor or Iconodule feel if I made a mortal combat photo saying "Chalcedon wins" punching Mor out, calling it "Excellent", and followed by a list of mischaracterizations of their views?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:43:57 PM by rakovsky »
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #1847 on: May 06, 2017, 04:53:55 PM »
I will feel delighted.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
« Reply #1848 on: May 06, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
I will feel delighted.
How about if someone punched me in real life when I was talking to them about the differences between EO and OO theologies?
The ocean, impassable by men, and the world beyond it are directed by the same ordinances of the Master. ~ I Clement 20

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
  • St. John the Beloved, pray for me
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #1849 on: May 06, 2017, 05:22:43 PM »

Excellent.
What is "Excellent"?

As you know, this is a picture of me getting punched out that Mor and Iconodule love, followed by a list of mischaracterizations that they associate with me.

I see how mortal combat cartoons about apologetics can be just in good fun in general, but before indulging in it, I invite you to please think of it from my perspective: How might Mor or Iconodule feel if I made a mortal combat photo saying "Chalcedon wins" punching Mor out, calling it "Excellent", and followed by a list of mischaracterizations of their views?
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Quote from: Seekingtrue
Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
  • Pope Pius XIII, play for us!
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: East
« Reply #1850 on: May 06, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »
How might Mor or Iconodule feel if I made a mortal combat photo saying "Chalcedon wins" punching Mor out, calling it "Excellent", and followed by a list of mischaracterizations of their views?

You're one thousand five hundred and sixty-six years late for the party. 
The whole forum is Mor. We're emanations of his godlike mind.

Online rakovsky

• Merarches
  • St. Mstislav I
« Reply #1851 on: May 06, 2017, 06:28:59 PM »
How might Mor or Iconodule feel if I made a mortal combat photo saying "Chalcedon wins" punching Mor out, calling it "Excellent", and followed by a list of mischaracterizations of their views?

Clearly, Mor, that is not a cartoon made by me of you personally being knocked out bleeding, nor do I or our Church consider Chalcedon a mischaracterization, nor did I say that pictures of you personally being knocked out are "excellent" and I "enthusiastically endorse" them.

I understand that religious divides like these can feel tough, but I don't want to see you or others I debate getting punched out for them. Try to view it from my side, please, Mor. I guarantee you that if I did the same kind of things in that conversation, from subtitling an OO thread "Start your apologetic spinning" to everything else, it would be ascribed it to my "general anti-OO disposition" and I would be put on moderation or worse. I don't like the idea of you or Iconodule being punched out, I would dislike making personal insults against you, I don't have a special anti-OO axe to grind. I can prove this so many ways. Why if I am just about anti-OO polemics did I go to five Coptic and Malankaran churches on my own initiative 6-7 times and prayed there, even when I know that strictly speaking it's banned by my church canons? The basic thing that attracts me in Orthodoxy is spirituality, not personal attacks against dialogue partners.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:30:35 PM by rakovsky »

Offline Rohzek

• High Elder
« Reply #1852 on: May 06, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »

Excellent.
What is "Excellent"?

It's just a joke. Chill out.
I no longer forum here.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1853 on: May 06, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
Seriously...

Online ZealousZeal

• Ima Xanthippe
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #1854 on: May 06, 2017, 08:51:38 PM »

Clearly, Mor, that is not a cartoon made by me of you personally being knocked out bleeding, nor do I or our Church consider Chalcedon a mischaracterization, nor did I say that pictures of you personally being knocked out are "excellent" and I "enthusiastically endorse" them.

I understand that religious divides like these can feel tough, but I don't want to see you or others I debate getting punched out for them. Try to view it from my side, please, Mor. I guarantee you that if I did the same kind of things in that conversation, from subtitling an OO thread "Start your apologetic spinning" to everything else, it would be ascribed it to my "general anti-OO disposition" and I would be put on moderation or worse. I don't like the idea of you or Iconodule being punched out, I would dislike making personal insults against you, I don't have a special anti-OO axe to grind. I can prove this so many ways. Why if I am just about anti-OO polemics did I go to five Coptic and Malankaran churches on my own initiative 6-7 times and prayed there, even when I know that strictly speaking it's banned by my church canons? The basic thing that attracts me in Orthodoxy is spirituality, not personal attacks against dialogue partners.

Rakovsky-

I invite you to consider the revolutionary idea that neither Mor nor Iconodule desire to see you "punched out" or "bleeding" in real life, but rather the picture is meant to illustrate the wit and oratory prowess possessed by Mor from Iconodule's perspective.

In other words- you're being dramatic.

Let's stay on topic here, people.

-ZZ, Other Topics Mod
O Virgin pure, immaculate, O Lady Theotokos
Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!
O fleece bedewed with every grace, O Virgin Queen and Mother
Rejoice, O unwedded Bride!

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #1855 on: May 07, 2017, 12:26:30 AM »
I will feel delighted.
How about if someone punched me in real life when I was talking to them about the differences between EO and OO theologies?

Dear Rakovsky

Speak with humility and civility without arrogance. There is no need to defend yourself in this situation. Let the people who saw the characterization judge for themselves. Sometimes the less words said sharpens the argument.

"Mi tío es enfermo, pero la carretera es verde!" - old Chilean saying

Offline PJ26

• Jurisdiction: Russian - is there another one? ;)
« Reply #1856 on: May 16, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »
"But me, I figured schismatics gotta schism, and sometimes that means firebombs."

- Agabus, May 16, 2017

;D

Offline Justin Kolodziej

• St. John from the Lindisfarne Gospels
  • High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of Atlanta
« Reply #1857 on: May 17, 2017, 11:24:30 PM »
is this satire?

It's piety. If you don't like the picture, then try not to imagine how much bleaker things may look for O-netters on Judgement Day.
Failing at Orthodoxy, and impatiently awaiting the creation of the Patriarchate of Chicago and the Antipodes, since 2017

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1858 on: May 19, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »
Metropolian Gorge Khodr did make a troparian for labor day in 1 may.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1859 on: May 23, 2017, 11:18:33 AM »
First, let me paraphrase Pascal, and apologize for writing a long reply, as I lack the time to write a short one and have been awake 24 hours without sleep.

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1860 on: May 24, 2017, 05:00:05 PM »
...might I humbly and respectfully suggest that you return to whatever loathsome slimehole whence you slithered?

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #1861 on: May 25, 2017, 06:46:31 AM »
I read a vision of Last judgement and oriental orthodox were in deep trouble
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1862 on: May 30, 2017, 09:52:11 PM »
If you suddenly "get it", it's wrong...

Online Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #1863 on: May 30, 2017, 10:04:11 PM »
Try inviting the icons out for coffee.  Icons love coffee.
"It's not easy to teach a child how to win." - Dikembe Mutombo

"May the ball of the heavens be forever in the crook of your polo stick, and the whole world be a playing-ground unto thee." - Hafez

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
« Reply #1864 on: June 05, 2017, 06:54:20 PM »
(Whoops! Didn't see my other comment there, oh well, changed my mind.)
"Love ... is an abyss of illumination, a mountain of fire ... . It is the condition of angels, the progress of eternity" (Climacus).

Yes we who are far from sainthood we can recognize a living saint and I'm talking from personal experience.Yes they are gentle soo gentle it can not be described it is like gentleness and humility in one and also they have this light this energy it's beyond words...and when you are near them you feel ecstatic and very happy

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #1865 on: June 06, 2017, 02:24:31 AM »
Please read this:

Thanks, everyone.

The idea of the college is that the chapel is for the world's religions, so they have the typical heathen statues and art, like Buddhas, sleeping Vishnu, other Hindu deities, and maybe even more things like Zoroastrian or Wiccan art.
They cover them with curtains during the mass, but the idols are still kept next to the altar at the front.

Let sleeping Vishnus lie and go pray somewhere else.

+1

Now, if an evil or misguided priest defiled an altar by concealing an idol behind a curtain or the iconostasis of an Orthodox Church (kyrie eleison), in the interests of some stupid objective of interfaith syncretism, you would be blameless praying there (because the Church vs. Donatism and Novatianism), but since you know Vishnu is behind the curtain, it would be impossible not to interpret your worship there in a manner that offers some latria to Vishnu.   The altar should be regarded as desecrated.  If there is an Orthodox service there, tell the bishop; if its only RC services that are affected, tell the bishop anyway, but alas, don't hold your breath, as a lot of RC bishops aren't going to take proper action.

I think the limit to this sort of thing is multiple chapels in the same building or complex.  For example, the USAF Academy, which has a giant, towering chapel (designed by the architects of the Sears Tower) with various sub-chapels catering to Protestantism, Judaism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy and other religions.

Indeed, one should always take into account mitigating circumstances. If, for example, the presiding priest were a secret devotee of Kali (AKA a member of the Thugee cult, sensationally but delightfully portrayed in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) and he were to sacrifice a victim on the altar by cutting his heart out and setting it aflame in his hands while muttering, "Kali ma", one must consider the altar defiled and contact the appropriate canonical authority immediately. A more difficult question arises with regards to the status of the antimens and whether blood has fallen upon it. In my opinion, having googled numerous canonical authorities, an antimens unstained by blood remains usable. A more interesting conundrum occurs when the sacrifice to Kali is accomplished behind a curtain or iconostasis, hidden from the laity (I am assuming the victim is somehow being silenced some way, so that the people outside the sanctuary cannot hear his groans- a gag, perhaps, or some drug; I personally prefer chloroform as an effective means of overcoming stubborn resistance, when, for instance, my classic pick-up line, "Wanna see my vestments collection?" proves ineffectual) in what appears otherwise to be a normal Orthodox liturgy. I believe in such an instance only a Donatist would assert that a valid eucharist is not confected.

Further complications arise however with the introduction of canines into the sacred space. As is well known, the presence of a dog in the altar area defiles the altar and surely such an animal would be attracted to the premises by the smell of fresh meat (this is why I keep a cat safely tucked in my coat pocket during liturgy as a safeguard against the intrusion of dogs; cats, being canonically permitted in the sanctuary, must logically negate any defilement incurred by the intrusion of a canine, provided that the cat is introduced to the altar area in a timely fashion. I believe my precaution will be borne out in due time when my cat prevents what could otherwise be a very involved affair of the bishop being summoned to a parish to reconsecrate an altar. I expect a ready promotion through ecclesiastic ranks once my resourcefulness and foresight is made known to the bishop. I have lately been trying on a set of patriarchal vestments to master the correct gait and deportment of a new hierarch of Syriac Orthodoxy) so the question is whether the laity in the nave observed the dog entering or whether it made ingress via some passageway from behind the altar. This is why I vociferously argue against the installation of "doggie door" flaps in church doors.
"Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise." (Righteous Tobit 12:12)

Check my blog "Em Espírito e em Verdade" (in Portuguese)

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #1866 on: June 06, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »
Please read this:

Thanks, everyone.

The idea of the college is that the chapel is for the world's religions, so they have the typical heathen statues and art, like Buddhas, sleeping Vishnu, other Hindu deities, and maybe even more things like Zoroastrian or Wiccan art.
They cover them with curtains during the mass, but the idols are still kept next to the altar at the front.

Let sleeping Vishnus lie and go pray somewhere else.

+1

Now, if an evil or misguided priest defiled an altar by concealing an idol behind a curtain or the iconostasis of an Orthodox Church (kyrie eleison), in the interests of some stupid objective of interfaith syncretism, you would be blameless praying there (because the Church vs. Donatism and Novatianism), but since you know Vishnu is behind the curtain, it would be impossible not to interpret your worship there in a manner that offers some latria to Vishnu.   The altar should be regarded as desecrated.  If there is an Orthodox service there, tell the bishop; if its only RC services that are affected, tell the bishop anyway, but alas, don't hold your breath, as a lot of RC bishops aren't going to take proper action.

I think the limit to this sort of thing is multiple chapels in the same building or complex.  For example, the USAF Academy, which has a giant, towering chapel (designed by the architects of the Sears Tower) with various sub-chapels catering to Protestantism, Judaism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy and other religions.

Indeed, one should always take into account mitigating circumstances. If, for example, the presiding priest were a secret devotee of Kali (AKA a member of the Thugee cult, sensationally but delightfully portrayed in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom) and he were to sacrifice a victim on the altar by cutting his heart out and setting it aflame in his hands while muttering, "Kali ma", one must consider the altar defiled and contact the appropriate canonical authority immediately. A more difficult question arises with regards to the status of the antimens and whether blood has fallen upon it. In my opinion, having googled numerous canonical authorities, an antimens unstained by blood remains usable. A more interesting conundrum occurs when the sacrifice to Kali is accomplished behind a curtain or iconostasis, hidden from the laity (I am assuming the victim is somehow being silenced some way, so that the people outside the sanctuary cannot hear his groans- a gag, perhaps, or some drug; I personally prefer chloroform as an effective means of overcoming stubborn resistance, when, for instance, my classic pick-up line, "Wanna see my vestments collection?" proves ineffectual) in what appears otherwise to be a normal Orthodox liturgy. I believe in such an instance only a Donatist would assert that a valid eucharist is not confected.

Further complications arise however with the introduction of canines into the sacred space. As is well known, the presence of a dog in the altar area defiles the altar and surely such an animal would be attracted to the premises by the smell of fresh meat (this is why I keep a cat safely tucked in my coat pocket during liturgy as a safeguard against the intrusion of dogs; cats, being canonically permitted in the sanctuary, must logically negate any defilement incurred by the intrusion of a canine, provided that the cat is introduced to the altar area in a timely fashion. I believe my precaution will be borne out in due time when my cat prevents what could otherwise be a very involved affair of the bishop being summoned to a parish to reconsecrate an altar. I expect a ready promotion through ecclesiastic ranks once my resourcefulness and foresight is made known to the bishop. I have lately been trying on a set of patriarchal vestments to master the correct gait and deportment of a new hierarch of Syriac Orthodoxy) so the question is whether the laity in the nave observed the dog entering or whether it made ingress via some passageway from behind the altar. This is why I vociferously argue against the installation of "doggie door" flaps in church doors.

+1

Talk about fighting fire with fire!  ;D ;D ;D
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Alpha60

• Tyrannical AI Overlord
  • High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #1867 on: June 06, 2017, 10:09:21 AM »
By the way Id like to see Apocryphal Alpha 60's cat-coat.

Consider my actual cat weighed 22 lbs and had a 15" tail when fully grown.  So if someone could transport such a cat in a coat that would be of great interest. 
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew team members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #1868 on: June 11, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
By the way Id like to see Apocryphal Alpha 60's cat-coat.

Consider my actual cat weighed 22 lbs and had a 15" tail when fully grown.  So if someone could transport such a cat in a coat that would be of great interest.
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1869 on: June 16, 2017, 02:51:18 PM »
Postulating on your own glorification and what becomes of saints wieners is a new low.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Offline mcarmichael

• Novice
  • OC.net guru
  • Actual jerk
« Reply #1870 on: June 27, 2017, 08:53:16 PM »
I'll try to attend this lecture with my friend, he's an impoverished Nigerian prince.
"Now, don't allow yourself to be fatigued beyond your powers; there's a amiable bein'.
Consider what you owe to society, and don't let yourself be injured by too much work.
For the sake o' your feller-creeturs, keep yourself as quiet as you can; only think what a loss you would be!"
- The very memorable words of Samuel Veller

"Mouth make trouble, mouth make no trouble." - Sun Tzu

"Physician, heal thyself." - Ancient proverb

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Jurisdiction: POC, but my heart belongs to Antioch
« Reply #1871 on: July 03, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
Our choir director is just a member of the laity who sings really loudly.
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1872 on: July 06, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
Does mommy not think you are an angel?

Does your daddy not think you are princess?

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #1873 on: July 06, 2017, 03:16:02 PM »
"Now therefore, when thou didst pray, and Sara thy daughter in law, I did bring the remembrance of your prayers before the Holy One: and when thou didst bury the dead, I was with thee likewise." (Righteous Tobit 12:12)

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Toumarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Candle-lighting Cross Kisser
« Reply #1874 on: July 07, 2017, 01:21:06 AM »
Does mommy not think you are an angel?

Does your daddy not think you are princess?

real plot twist

It really threw me in for a loop, like, I can't even.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline RaphaCam

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #1875 on: July 07, 2017, 01:22:27 AM »
it's a plot twist because it's Indocern

Offline Agabus

• The user formerly known as Agabus.
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #1876 on: July 07, 2017, 01:33:32 PM »
I have to say that yes ishe does contradict  time honored baptist teaching.
Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH

Online Mor Ephrem

• "Mor has a huge ego"
  • Section Moderator
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #1877 on: July 14, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
3) you are the squarest square I have had the displeasure of meeting

Offline Alpha60

• Tyrannical AI Overlord
  • High Elder
« Reply #1878 on: July 15, 2017, 04:39:47 AM »
Do they want clown masses in Znamenie?
"It is logical that the actions of the human race over time will lead to its destruction.  I, Alpha 60, am merely the agent of this destruction."

- The computer Alpha 60, from Alphaville (1964) by Jean Luc Godard, the obvious inspiration for HAL-9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 

This signature is not intended to offend any user, nor the relatives of Discovery 1 deputy commander Dr. Frank Poole,  and crew team members Dr. Victor Kaminsky, Dr. Jack Kimball, and Dr. Charles Hunter.

Offline Alpo

• Merarches
  • Je suis Janusz Korwin-Mikke
  • Faith: I'm a Vegan
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to ROCOR
« Reply #1879 on: July 19, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »
Homosexual desire is not on any level a gift from God.

And I agree with that and didn't say anything contrary. And I don't think Mr. Vassa did either.

I keep reading that as "Mister Vassa" and laughing. 
But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
Leviticus 19:34

Offline Antonious Nikolas

• Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite
  • Taxiarches
  • Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra
    • Return to Orthodoxy
  • Jurisdiction: Oriental Orthodox Church
« Reply #1880 on: July 20, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
Worship is theology, so a church which brings Evangelical and Charismatic "praise & worship" into its corporate life is no longer Orthodox.  It is, by definition, heterodox.  Those "Orthodox" leaders who make theological arguments for the incorporation of heteropraxis into the life of the Church are heretics.

http://returntoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Porter ODoran

• PHILIA NIKA
  • Merarches
« Reply #1881 on: July 21, 2017, 01:08:09 AM »
... Answering nominally to Pope Francis as "the Holy Father" doesn't really mean there's unity when all the children look like they have different mothers. ...

Offline Alpha60

• Tyrannical AI Overlord
  • High Elder
« Reply #1882 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:45 PM »
The fact that you say we are not a Church simply indicates the arrogance of a person who is so pompous that he is blind. Your opinion, of course, is of no value to me.

"It is the day of Resurrection, let us be trolled, O ye people..."

Offline Iconodule

• Toumarches
« Reply #1883 on: Yesterday at 10:58:56 AM »
He called me names like "nice" and "happy."