OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 08:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The war on Iraq: Conceived in Israel  (Read 1389 times) Average Rating: 0
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« on: December 18, 2005, 11:59:13 PM »

Is this American political discussion? If so, I apologize.

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/snieg_conc1.htm

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
bergschlawiner

Sarisan

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 12:23:44 AM »

Apologize? For what?
Nacho
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 12:40:02 AM »

When I hear terms like 'neoconsertive' you know it's a bunch of left wing hogwash. For any wiseguy out there, what the heck is a neoconsertive? Sounds like something that was recently invented by the NY Times if you ask me or any other 'thinktank' that has jumped the shark.. Anyway, to get back on track I would rather choose to take the side of Israel over any backward Islamic country anyday. I don't agree with everything they do, but atleast they aren't intent on bombing the whole world with nuclear missiles like some current Islamic country is (cough Iran cough)... Roll Eyes

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
Matthew777
Warned
Archon

Seek and ye shall find

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 01:11:49 AM »

Neo-conservatism is the philosophy of Project for a New American Century, the architects of Bush's foreign policy whose membership not only includes Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and Donald Rumsfeld but a great deal of Jews.

He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how. - Friedrich Nietzsche
www.aramaicpeshitta.com
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/e/et/et0.htm
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 01:46:22 AM »

Apparently Pat Buchanan and many other traditional Republicans are now left wingers according to Nacho....

Maybe when Nacho's political idealogy matures a little bit he'll realize one can't simply say all that are critical of the current mainstream idealogy of the GOP are liberals. 
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 01:54:28 AM »

As Nektarios makes mention of, Pat Buchanan, the farthest thing from a left-wing liberal, uses the term neoconservative quite often in his books and articles.

As for why I'd apologize for American political discussion...well...in the description of this section of the forum we're asked to avoid American political discussion. Smiley

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 03:06:19 AM »

Apparently Pat Buchanan and many other traditional Republicans are now left wingers according to Nacho....

Actually, traditional Republicans would be called 'paleoconservatives.' Wikipedia says:

"Paleoconservatives are most easily distinguishable from other conservatives in their emphatic opposition to illegal immigration, their strong opposition to affirmative action, and their general disapproval of ... intervention overseas. They are not closely tied to the business community nor to the Religious Right. Neoconservatives, by contrast, are more consensus-oriented, pragmatic and lend their support to a more activist internationalist foreign policy."

And, these two versions of conservatism are not limited to the US, in case one may ask. In general, Europe tends to be more paleoconservative, if conservative at all (though Blair, for example, is probably more of a neoconservative, though he is technically a centrist).

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 03:41:44 AM »

Neo-conservatism is the philosophy of Project for a New American Century, the architects of Bush's foreign policy whose membership not only includes Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz and Donald Rumsfeld but a great deal of Jews.

Does that make the prior admin. part of the neoconsertives lol. Afterall, our troops are still in the balkins aren't they and thousands of innocent serbs died? Does that fit into your project for a new american century? While we are at it, lets go down the list a bit. We are still occupying Japan & Germany, why haven't we sent the troops home yet lol.  I guess we can say X president lied, people died & we are still there 60 years after the war ended! I know I have to fit that in a few sentences or less & make it rhyme a little knowing the current crybabies on the left have a tension span of comprehending not much more than slogans on bumper stickers & posters. So , just because some cheesy article appears using the term 'neconservative' really has no merit at all as I showed above and is not provable beyond the 'opinion' of the person who is writing it.

Wrong my friend, I think Nacho made a great point. If you actually really listen to why Buchanan is opposed to the war (which I find admirable), you will see that it is for different reasons than some wild far right wing zionist plot by the Israelis imagined in the minds of people probably sufferring some kind of paranoid delusion of jews taking over the world.. Grin This article basically says that in so many words, but yet on the other hand I thought the current admin. was owned by the Saudis after watching Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 911  which apparently laid out striking evidence to prove the case.  I guess the far left can't make up it's mind on who is owned by whom and what the current goals of the US Gov. really are. Conflict of facts? Naw....not at all.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 03:46:49 AM by Orthodox Bagpiper » Logged

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 03:57:58 AM »

When I hear terms like 'neoconsertive' you know it's a bunch of left wing hogwash. For any wiseguy out there, what the heck is a neoconsertive?

Neoconservatives are the so-called 'conservatives,' who support American Imperialism, oppose common-sense policies such as isolationsim. They tend to be supportive of the Federal government and indifferent, or even hostile, to states-rights. Furthermore, they tend to favour trade policies that are benificial to industry rather than other more traditional segments of the economy. In short, they are fascist-liberals, as distinguised from the communist-liberals on the other side of the asile. Unfortunately, these liberal 'neoconservatives' have hijacked the conservative posistion in American politics leaving the few of us who are traditional conservatives, i.e. Calhounian Democrats and, to an extent, Buchanan Republicans, terribly underrepresented in American Government.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Bizzlebin
Theologian
High Elder

Faith: Orthodoxy

MonkBot, Go Forth!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 04:36:07 AM »

Is this American political discussion? If so, I apologize.

http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/snieg_conc1.htm

As I understand, I think if the focus stays more on the article and the possibility of such a thing, without degenrating into whether it was this or that, who did this or that, etc, it should be within the lines. But I am sort of at a loss as to what the exact policy is.

Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2005, 11:59:32 AM »

Wrong my friend, I think Nacho made a great point. If you actually really listen to why Buchanan is opposed to the war (which I find admirable), you will see that it is for different reasons than some wild far right wing zionist plot by the Israelis imagined in the minds of people probably sufferring some kind of paranoid delusion of jews taking over the world..

Have you seen Buchanan's book Where the Right Went Wrong: How Neoconservatives Subverted the Reagan Revolution and Hijacked the Bush Presidency ? Better yet, check out the essay which is basically a shorter version of the one I originally posted:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article2047.htm

It's called: Whose War? A neoconservative clique seeks to ensnare our country in a series of wars that are not in America’s interest.

Neoconservatives are the so-called 'conservatives,' who support American Imperialism, oppose common-sense policies such as isolationsim. They tend to be supportive of the Federal government and indifferent, or even hostile, to states-rights. Furthermore, they tend to favour trade policies that are benificial to industry rather than other more traditional segments of the economy. In short, they are fascist-liberals, as distinguised from the communist-liberals on the other side of the asile. Unfortunately, these liberal 'neoconservatives' have hijacked the conservative posistion in American politics leaving the few of us who are traditional conservatives, i.e. Calhounian Democrats and, to an extent, Buchanan Republicans, terribly underrepresented in American Government.

Thanks for summing it up!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 12:00:03 PM by Bogoliubtsy » Logged

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 12:16:31 PM »

Apologize? For what?

For violating our American politics ban. Thread closed.

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: