OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 08:47:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preparing for the move  (Read 1014 times) Average Rating: 0
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« on: December 14, 2005, 04:50:53 AM »

My friends,
we now have two weeks left in which to finish preparations for our move back to Australia from Greece. Our tickets are booked and paid for and our packing has begun, but there are still a great many things we need to get done and very little time to do them so we would greatly appreciate your prayers.

Our car needs to be sold. The dealer we had bought it from no longer exists, so when we had finished paying off our installments we didn't know where to go to get the car registration put in our name. Without an urgent need at the time we forgot about it and it is only now that we are chasing it down. Please pray that we are able to finalise this as we cannot sell the car until it is in our name.

We need to find someone to rent our apartment. Even if we close it up completely and shut off all power and heating (there is central heating for the entire building) we will still be required to pay 30% of what we would normally pay each month for "Common Area" costs such as heating oil and electricity for the lift and stair lighting as well as regular building maintenance. So it would be much better for us if someone was renting it. I still need to finish some repairs for water damage then paint the hall and kitchen before we leave.

We need to finish breaking down and packing the furniture we are taking with us and get it to the shipping company before Christmas. Most of our books are in boxes as are a lot of our clothes but we still have a lot left to pack.

Your prayers would be appreciated that we get all this done in time.

John
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 07:02:07 AM »

I hope the Lord blesses you with His assistance in your time of need!

Lord, have mercy.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Mor Ephrem
"Mor is right, you are wrong."
Section Moderator
Hoplitarches

In solidarity with Iraqi and Syrian Nazarenes

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 08:05:51 AM »

Lord, have mercy.

Apolytikion, Tone 1, by Antonis

An eloquent crafter of divine posts
And an inheritor of the line of the Baptist
A righteous son of India
And a new apostle to the internet
O Holy Mor Ephrem,
Intercede for us, that our forum may be saved.

"Mor is a jerk." - kelly
Stavro
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 05:25:26 PM »

May the Lord help you. I have a suggestion:

Minority churches and churches of immigrants that serve their small congregations in many countries usually rent apartments for newcomers who come and need accomodation. I know that the Coptic Churches in Northern America rent apartments for this purpose. Maybe you could talk to the church officials and see whether they need an apartment. If they do, they might consider renting it from you. Just a suggestion. 

In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt, and a monument to the LORD at its border. (Isaiah 19:19)

" God forbid I should see the face of Judah or listen to his blasphemy" (Gerontius, Archmanidrite of the monastery of St. Melania)
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 06:28:58 AM »

In my prayers.
And let me know if I can do anything practical this end.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 09:58:51 PM »

Prayers for yule all...

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: