Author Topic: JERUSALEM Patriarchate Monastery  (Read 1405 times)

Offline emmanuelmelo

• OC.net
JERUSALEM Patriarchate Monastery
« on: December 10, 2005, 05:47:47 AM »
Hey all !

Has anyone heard anything about the Monastery of the Glorious Ascension in Georgia under the JP?  How Many monks are there, clergy, etc?  I am really intrigued by their presence here! 

Thanks

-emmanuelmelo
NULL

Offline Carpatho Russian

• Site Supporter
  • Elder
  • Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory for ever!
Re: JERUSALEM Patriarchate Monastery
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 06:22:36 PM »
Is this the monastery that at one time was in the OCA and then went over to the ROCOR?
Zastupnice christianov nepostydnaja, chodatajice ko Tvorcu nepreložnaja, ne prezri hr’išnych molenij hlasy, popredvari jako blahaja na pomošč nas, virno vopijuščich ti: Uskori na molitvu, i potščisja na umolenije, zastupajušči prisno Bohorodice, čtuščich t’a.

Offline monkvasyl

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 04:22:04 PM »
Yes, they originally were with the OCA and later the ROCOR.  This is their web site:  http://monastery.org/
The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl

Offline Arystarcus

• High Elder
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »
What's the story with all the jurisdictional changes?  ???

I often wonder what's going on when a monastery switches jurisdictions. I broswed through their site, but didn't see anything about the reasons for all the shuffling around.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »
What's the story with all the jurisdictional changes?ÂÂ  ???

I often wonder what's going on when a monastery switches jurisdictions. I broswed through their site, but didn't see anything about the reasons for all the shuffling around.

It's a long story and I suggest we not talk about it here. We won't stop you from talking about it if you must but it's been discussed at length online elsewhere and that info can be found with some effort. It's a tasteless story, and it will just end up making people look bad. Ugh.

A.
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.