Author Topic: Top Margin of Page with Printer  (Read 439 times)

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
Top Margin of Page with Printer
« on: January 15, 2020, 09:39:49 PM »
Greetings!

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer.  A computer person was trying to help with some labels that would not print properly, and we noticed that we could not get the printer to accept any top of page margin less than 1/2 inch.  Has anyone else had that trouble?  My operating system is Windows 8.1.

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
Re: Top Margin of Page with Printer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 04:21:27 PM »
Greetings!

I have an HP Envy 5530 printer.  A computer person was trying to help with some labels that would not print properly, and we noticed that we could not get the printer to accept any top of page margin less than 1/2 inch.  Has anyone else had that trouble?  My operating system is Windows 8.1.

This is a bump.

I have experienced this on a Mac and if I recall correctly it was a software limitation.

Did you update the printer driver? Does the printer allow top margins less that 0.5 inches when printing from another program? Based on the specifics of your needs, can you fool the system? For example, use a custom page size (eg., 8.5x12), rotate the page image you are printing 180 deg, insert the label page upside down, and adjust the margins accordingly.

If you cannot remember everything, instead of everything, I beg you, remember this without fail, that not to share our own wealth with the poor is theft from the poor and deprivation of their means of life; we do not possess our own wealth but theirs.  If we have this attitude, we will certainly offer our money; and by nourishing Christ in poverty here and laying up great profit hereafter, we will be able to attain the good things which are to come. - St. John Chrysostom

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Taxiarches
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: Top Margin of Page with Printer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
This is almost certainly software, but I hate printers with a furious, soul-destroying passion, so I would not be greatly surprised if Luke’s printer is malfunctioning solely so it can mock me from across the interwebs.   I have substantial reason to believe all printers are conspiring against me.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.