OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 20, 2014, 01:13:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Manual of Eastern Orthodox Prayers  (Read 2100 times) Average Rating: 0
James the Just
« on: March 06, 2003, 10:08:09 PM »

Just received in the mail a copy of A Manuel of Eastern Orthodox Prayers by St. Vladimar's Seminary Press and was looking for some reviews. It appears to be pretty through for a small book and will be using it instead of down loading copies, which I have about 100 or so.

In Christ,
James
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 11:51:23 PM »

Is this the one published originally in the UK ~1952ish ?  I saw a 3rd printing (IIRC) at St. Siluoan Retreat this weekend and wanted to get a copy of my own.
James the Just
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 12:41:49 AM »

Brother Oblio,

The inside cover states first published in Great Britain in 1945, by S.P.C.K. for the Fellowship of St. Alban and St. Sergius.  I purchased it on line from the Conciliar Press for $5.95 US.

Hope it helps,
James
Oblio
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The Pointless One !

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 08:09:41 AM »

Yes that is the one (I was guessing the dates),  I remember the S.P.C.K. publisher now that you mention it.  Thanks !
Brigid of Kildare
Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 04:55:16 PM »

I bought this one too but find the layout and the small print a bit off-putting.

Brigid

Bríd Naomhtha, Mhuire na nGaeil, Guí Orainn
James the Just
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 08:13:20 PM »

Sister Brigid,

I agree the print is smallish, but I bought it to be portable . I plan on buying the newer Jordanville Prayer Book for house use.

In Christ,
James
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2003, 12:12:52 AM »

A good sized prayerbook (small enough to be portable, big enough to use at home) is the the one put out by the Holy Transiguration Monastery.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: