Author Topic: Homily from Mr. Alexios, abbot from the monastery of Xenophontos, Mount Athos  (Read 288 times)

Offline Gentleman

• Manners maketh man
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Brussels
Speech of abbot Alexios from Xenophondos monastery of the Mount Athos, delivered at the convent of the Nativity of the Mother of God in the Netherlands. 9th October 2019.
Please help me to improve the video and correct the mistakes in Greek and English subtitles, if you find them. Denote the time and the wrong word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYwyh0bVZEM
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 10:53:16 AM by Gentleman »
I pray Thee, O Merciful Lord, for all the peoples of the earth, that they may come to know Thee by Thy Holy Spirit.

www.journeytoorthodoxy.com/

Offline Gentleman

• Manners maketh man
I would like also to know in which language the video and the subtitles appear on your computer and in which country you are watching it. I published it in Greek and English so far. Thanks and God be with you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:09:40 AM by Gentleman »
I pray Thee, O Merciful Lord, for all the peoples of the earth, that they may come to know Thee by Thy Holy Spirit.

Offline PorphyriosK

• OC.net guru
  • Господи помилуй
  • Faith: Russian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
"Mr."?
"When you don’t live with Christ, you live in melancholy, in sorrow, in anxiety and in worry. You don’t live properly… The best medicine is to devote yourself to the worship of Christ. Everything is cured. Everything works properly."

~ St. Porphyrios

"The Church is indeed 'Apostolic'.  But the Church is also 'Patristic'.  And only by being 'Patristic' is the Church continuously 'Apostolic'."

~ Fr. Georges Florovsky

Offline Gentleman

• Manners maketh man
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 04:39:22 PM by Gentleman »

Offline Gentleman

• Manners maketh man
You might want also to watch another video with Greek and English subtitles. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izoT_nbxnoM
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:52:47 AM by Gentleman »