Author Topic: A book written St. Nektarios about the schism  (Read 893 times)

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
A book written St. Nektarios about the schism
« on: December 06, 2005, 12:21:49 AM »
I was reading a biography (really, a novelized biography) of St. Nektarios that was translated into english, and it referenced a 2-volume work of his on the great schism.  The premise (that the biographer claims) is that St. Nektarios was sick and tired of the encyclicals from Rome throughout history that demanded that the East accept Roman primacy, and different other "misconceptions" about who caused the schism, the underlying factors, etc. that were "propogated" by Rome.

I am wondering if any of the Greek-speaking brethren here have either read the book or heard of it... (I assume it is only in Greek).  If you have, what are your impressions of it?
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: A book written St. Nektarios about the schism
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:43:05 PM »
I just stumbled upon this thread (from days long ago) and am wondering if anyone could answer my question.
"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.