Author Topic: Angel fantasy  (Read 1719 times)

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
Angel fantasy
« on: September 28, 2010, 07:08:45 PM »
What do you think about this genre? I know that most (if not all) pieces of it are extremely theologically ignorant or even blasphemous but I particularly like this kind of literature.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.

Offline SamB

• High Elder
  • Crates of araq for sale! *hic*
Re: Angel fantasy
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 09:59:06 PM »
Don't know of or read the stuff, but the Diablo series' Tyrael rocks with that hood and those ethereal tentacled wings.  I just wish he'd stop mentioning 'the Light' so much.  It's annoying.

Offline Iconodule

• Professor of Cryptopatristics at Miskatonic University
  • Merarches
  • Monsters from the Id
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
Re: Angel fantasy
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »
The only angel fantasy I know about is John Milton's Paradise Lost, one of the most beautiful things written in the English language. I highly recommend it.
But it had not been in Tess's power - nor is it in anybody's power - to feel the whole truth of golden opinions while it is possible to profit by them. She - and how many more - might have ironically said to God with Saint Augustine, "Thou hast counselled a better course than thou hast permitted."
Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D'Urbervilles