OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrested Development  (Read 1253 times) Average Rating: 0
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« on: February 11, 2005, 11:57:43 PM »

I don't know how many of you are fans of the FOX television show "Arrested Development"? I am a huge fan; I think that it is one of the most original, funny, creative shows that they have put out in years; however, I think that it is getting the plug from the pointy headed executives at FOX (despite the loyal following and all of the awards it has recieved)

Here is an article that I got from aintitcoolnews.com that any of the fans of this show might find interesting

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT Shuttered??

I am - Hercules!!
Is the banana stand closing shop?
Did Fox lose all confidence in “Arrested Development” when the Hollywood Association of Waiters and Cabdriv GǪ er, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association decided to bestow its all-important “best comedy” Golden Globe on “Desperate Housewives” instead?
A Jimmy Kimmel viewer relates:

I was not too worried, but obviously upset when earlier today their 22 episode season was reduced to 18 in favour of more American Dad, but David Cross on Jimmy Kimmel tonight said the show "stopped production" this morning. It sounds like they are more or less through. Which is just truly terrible, as this was one of the remaining watchable TV programs, and probably the best comedy around. Please post this so others can be aware and maybe help.
Well, yes, when the order is trimmed, production will stop sooner rather than later. But did Cross say something about it defintitely not starting up again next season?
As far as I know, Fox has not formally pulled the plug on “Arrested,” and has at least till mid-May to decide if the comedy will turn up on its 2005-06 slate. Still, giving the borrible “American Dad” its timeslot for May sweeps? Not the best sign.
My advice for "Development" fans? Sign up for cable.
Long live "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
Long live "South Park."

Bagpiper

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Marjorie

OC.net

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 01:09:24 AM »

I love AD. Such a clever show. I'm especially a fan of Portia de Rossi.

Marjorie

"The land of God is wide and large enough to provide room for everyone if we are humans. If we act like brutes, then there will not be enough room even if there are only four of us."

- His Holiness Patriarch +PAVLE of Serbia
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 12:33:53 AM »

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about the R&B group that I used to see on MTV when I was in High School! I guess that's what comes from not having cable for a few years. Smiley

aurelia
High Elder

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 12:30:33 PM »

I missed it last night...why cant they have all the shows i like on at different times, not fair!
Antonious Nikolas
Orthodox Christian, Miaphysite, Anagnostis
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox

Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Bishop of Myra

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 01:42:36 PM »

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought you were talking about the R&B group that I used to see on MTV when I was in High School! I guess that's what comes from not having cable for a few years. Smiley

LOL!!!  Me too Paradosis!  I think of them every time I see the title of this show.

"Take me to another place..."

“Nothing is better than to realize one’s weakness and ignorance and nothing is worse than not to be aware of them.” - St. Peter of Damascus
Bono Vox
The Orthodox Bagpiper
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 04:02:33 PM »

I don't know if any of you were as devastated as I was at the tragic news of arressted development getting cancelled as I was. This was my favorite show on tv!!

Good news, it looks like there is genuine hope of the show getting picked up by Showtime or ABC!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to fill you bluepies in!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117934587?categoryid=1238&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Enjoy!!!!!

Troparion - Tone 1:
O Sebastian, spurning the assemblies of the wicked,You gathered the wise martyrs Who with you cast down the enemy; And standing worthily before the throne of God, You gladden those who cry to you:Glory to him who has strengthened you! Glory to him who has granted you a crown!
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:22 PM »

LOL!!!ÂÂ  Me too Paradosis!ÂÂ  I think of them every time I see the title of this show.

"Take me to another place..."

Me three!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: