OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 05:02:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photo galleries: request for submissions  (Read 858 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« on: December 04, 2005, 11:29:11 PM »

Dear Friends,

We are in the process of phase 2 of our site-wide update.  One thing that we want to do is have a repository of photo galleries of Orthodox events: Church services, church buildings, clergy, conferences, etc etc etc.  If you have photogalleries that you would like to share with the world via our site, please send them to me at anastasios0513@yahoo.com as a zip file with a detailed description of what the event is--it would be helpful if you annotated each picture in your email as well.  If you want to email the photos individually that is fine too.

I propose that anything submitted would become joint copyright between you and the administrators of OrthodoxChristianity.net.

Let's try to get a massive collection of photos demonstrating the beauty and vibrancy of our faith!

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 01:43:46 AM »

Do you have any standards for minimum/maximum size, resolution, file format, etc?

I know you could change any of the above, but I also know how helpful it can be if you get the files in the right format to begin with.

Also, how would you like the description: accompanying text file with captions for all, or detailed filename?

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 09:26:39 AM »

Do you have any standards for minimum/maximum size, resolution, file format, etc?

I know you could change any of the above, but I also know how helpful it can be if you get the files in the right format to begin with.

Also, how would you like the description: accompanying text file with captions for all, or detailed filename?

I would prefer jpgs, although png works, and maximum size of 150k per pic.  I can automatically resize pictures at home with a utility but you are right, it would be helpful to fix them ahead of time for me.  I prefer a text file with descriptions (maybe rename the files 1, 2, 3, 4 and then in the file you can put 1: Bp So and So, 2: St Tikhon's) etc.  Make sure that events have dates as well.

Thanks for helping me clarify what we are looking for.

Yours in Christ,

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: