Author Topic: A New OCNet Is Approaching  (Read 9398 times)

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Taxiarches
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
Re: A New OCNet Is Approaching
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »
Will an update fix the thing where you have to manually change the "Time Offset"? A small issue, just curious.

Actually I am pretty sure the localization on our new software is correctly implemented, unless you live a time zone of great obscurity.

There are a few legendary and much derided timezones where the offset is not a complete hour.  And localities like Arizona and Nevada which use timezones other than one would expect (the former has no DST and the latter is synchronized with California, which makes sense given the meagre populations of most of its MT neighbors).  But these are trivial compared to those dark dimensions where the time is off by, say, 45 minutes (Kabul, if memory serves, and also some southerly land, Bolivia, perhaps).

Or if you live in the Chatham Islands off the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand.  They are 45 minutes ahead of NZ time.

Indeed, thats another one.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline rakovsky

• Toumarches
  • St. Mstislav I
    • The Old Testament Prophecies of the Messiah's Resurrection and Orthodox Christianity's roots in the Holy Land
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Re: A New OCNet Is Approaching
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2019, 01:51:07 PM »
I was getting close to writing to you to suggest bringing back the link to the "Updates" page on the old "profile" box at the top of each screen that said (for me):
Hello rakovsky
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
December 06, 2019, 01:48:03 PM
I pressed Back a few times and then it came up again. It seems like just as I was getting close to making the suggestion, you at the Support Team completed it. Good job.
 :police: :)
The ocean, infinite to men, and the worlds beyond it, are directed by the same ordinances of the Lord. ~ I Clement 20