Author Topic: Learning Romanian on Duolingo  (Read 684 times)

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Learning Romanian on Duolingo
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »
Any tips? Mulțumesc! Eu iubesc limba, foarte frumoasă.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Higher Criticism
  • Jurisdiction: Dutch
Re: Learning Romanian on Duolingo
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 11:58:51 PM »
You can usually omit the pronoun/subject. The verb ending already contains it. Wen used, the personal pronoun in the  nominative  ionly adds emphasis.
"I saw a miracle where 2 people entered church one by baptism and one by chrismation. On pictures the one received by full baptism was shinning in light the one by chrismation no."

Offline FinnJames

• OC.net guru
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Finland
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 05:09:33 AM »
You might want to check out this site if you don't already know it. The material is free, but there are no sound files. The material seems to have been put together with EU funding for a course for immigrants.
http://www.vorbitiromaneste.ro/

Unlike the above, this costs something and was developed by a private language school. But I found it a very easy textbook, workbook and set of sound files to work with on my own:
http://rolang.ro/learn-romanian-manual.php
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:11:53 AM by FinnJames »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 03:21:38 PM »
You can usually omit the pronoun/subject. The verb ending already contains it. Wen used, the personal pronoun in the  nominative  ionly adds emphasis.
Thanks, I was already wondering that. I had realised Romanian was pro-drop like Portuguese or Spanish, but in these languages dropping pronouns or keeping them doesn't really add ant emphasis.  Specially in Brazilian Portuguese for some reason (strange since Old Tupi was more pro-drop than any European language I know).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 03:22:58 PM by RaphaCam »
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
You might want to check out this site if you don't already know it. The material is free, but there are no sound files. The material seems to have been put together with EU funding for a course for immigrants.
http://www.vorbitiromaneste.ro/

Unlike the above, this costs something and was developed by a private language school. But I found it a very easy textbook, workbook and set of sound files to work with on my own:
http://rolang.ro/learn-romanian-manual.php
Thanks, man! I'll look into those after finishing Duolingo, which is only good for a loose knowledge of the basics, although very good for that.

Offline WPM

• Holy Catholic Jesus, Intercede with God for us.
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Universal
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 03:46:00 PM »
qauz-zeo-te totecul'

Offline WPM

• Holy Catholic Jesus, Intercede with God for us.
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Universal
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 03:46:52 PM »
Any tips? Mulțumesc! Eu iubesc limba, foarte frumoasă.

I am learning language too.