OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 30, 2014, 10:42:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 1416 times) Average Rating: 0
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« on: November 30, 2005, 07:11:51 AM »

It is with a small amount of regret that I must announce my retirement as Global Moderator on OC.net.
Our family recently made the decision to return to Australia after twelve years of living in Greece, a move we have been considering for a number of years now. We will be leaving Greece on Dec. 28 and as such I will have precious little time to spend on the forums. We will be quite limited in what we can take with us so I am unlikely to have a computer at least until I have found a job and have been working for a few months, though I suspect a car will have slightly higher priority Wink

It's been a fun ride and I have made some good friends, some of whom I've actually been able to meet despite living in different continents. Compared to a lot of other forums we are a pretty tolerant and well behaved bunch and I am happy to say that my services as Moderator have not been unduly taxed, though it may have something to do with me being here on the midnight shift Grin

You've been a blessing to me in more ways than one and I look forward to seeing you all again in a few months.
God bless and take care,
John

PS. We of course would appreciate your prayers as our future is anything but certain. We are literally starting from scratch like we did when we came to Greece, only this time we have three children to look after as well.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 08:07:59 AM »

You will be sorely missed here John along with your insightful and succinct posts and gentle way of keeping us in line!
OCnet's loss will be Australia's gain....I'll put the billy on.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 08:20:45 AM »

May your journey be a safe one!  And may God pour His blessings on you and your family always.  Your presece will be missed.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:10:56 AM »

I'll remember you and your family in my prayers, John.  It was such a blessing to be able to meet you and your family during my stay in Thessaloniki. You'll be missed around here!

Nektarios
jlerms
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

O sweet Jesus, cleanse my soul.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:22:41 AM »

Prayers for you and your family for a safe journey to Australia.  Thank you for your work at OC.net !

:)Juliana
FrChris
The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
Site Supporter
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian

Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 04:40:21 PM »

John, your services will be missed, at least until we meet again on line.

Take care, and you will have many prayers on your behalf.

"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

I'm sorry to see you go, John.  You were calm and sensible in the exercise of your duties.

Best on your return to Australia. Some dear neighbors of ours went back there about 3 weeks ago.  There's a hole in the nieghborhood.

Ebotr

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: