OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 22, 2014, 07:20:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop Problem...Dead???  (Read 802 times) Average Rating: 0
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« on: November 29, 2005, 03:50:09 PM »

Glory to Jesus Christ!

I haven't used my laptop in a long time, but when I tried it this weekend..I've got problems.  When I hit the power-on button, 1st the Numbers lock and the Caps lock lights come on and then go right off, 2nd the screen is dark and the hard drive light is also dark, 3rd the only signs of life are the cooling fan is running and the dvd-rom keeps clicking like its trying to open a disk, tho nothing is in it.  Is this a sign that the hard drive is dead?  Any suggestions?

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
prodromos
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

Sydney, Australia

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:36:15 PM »

Is it plugged into the mains. Even if it is, it may be that the battery is dead and it won't run without it having a decent charge. I've seen Apple laptops that have had similiar problems and took several attempts before they would start. While most PC's have a small Lithium battery on the motherboard I think most laptops relied on the rechargeable pack.
monkvasyl
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: UOC 0f USA

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:48:18 PM »

I'll keep trying and seeif that helps.  I just hate to have to take it in and get a new hard drive, especially since I'll lose my MicroSoft Office.  The company that produced the laptop wanted $395 to just check it.  I found a place in Boston, "PCs for everybody" that will only charge $49 to check it out.  But if I really don't have to go that route I'd be happy.

The unworthy hierodeacon, Vasyl
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: