Author Topic: Help Thread for Users Trying to Connect to the New Server  (Read 209 times)

Offline Tech Support

• OCNet Technical Support Team
  • Administrator
  • This account is used by OCNet’s tech support team
    • OrthodoxChristianity.Net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: N/A
Help Thread for Users Trying to Connect to the New Server
« on: May 25, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »
Once the hardware migration is complete, any users who are not connecting to the new server on the new IP address should make a post in this thread.  If you are unsure which version of the server you are on, look at the News in the upper left hand corner; after the migration is complete, this will say “Welcome to our New Server” or “Whoops, You’re Still Connected to the Old Server, Please Post in (this thread) for assistance.”   

Until you see either of those two messages under News, the migration has not yet happened and you should enjoy using the server normally.

Please PM reports of any problems you have accessing the forum.  You may not get a reply, but all bug reports are valuable.

If you need help accessing or using the site, please post a thread in the Technical Help forum and we will reply. Please do not send us complaints or appeals regarding moderation, or send tech support PMs to anyone else.

Please do not contact me for account support issues; contact Fr. George, if you forget your password, etc.

Online WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Universal Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: United States
Re: Help Thread for Users Trying to Connect to the New Server
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
I just got the new HP laptop.

Offline Tech Support

• OCNet Technical Support Team
  • Administrator
  • This account is used by OCNet’s tech support team
    • OrthodoxChristianity.Net
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: N/A
Re: Help Thread for Users Trying to Connect to the New Server
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 11:13:37 AM »
We have some work that will be occurring today and tomorrow, and I will be on hand to provide assistance as needed.

Please PM reports of any problems you have accessing the forum.  You may not get a reply, but all bug reports are valuable.

If you need help accessing or using the site, please post a thread in the Technical Help forum and we will reply. Please do not send us complaints or appeals regarding moderation, or send tech support PMs to anyone else.

Please do not contact me for account support issues; contact Fr. George, if you forget your password, etc.