OrthodoxChristianity.net
August 21, 2014, 02:16:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This board....  (Read 4445 times) Average Rating: 0
Silouan
High Elder

Bogurodzica dziewica zbaw nas

« on: November 23, 2005, 02:21:54 PM »

Is there much of a point here other than ROAC to dump its propoganda in Spanish? 
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 02:48:49 PM »

Find some Spanish speakers to post in it then Smiley  But doing a cursory look at the topics, only half of the topics in recent times were ROAC related.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:49:38 PM by Anastasios » Logged

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 03:27:36 PM »

My concern is for the Spanish speaker who looks through here to try to find information on Orthodoxy and sees all these ROAC propoganda pieces going undisputed.  If this were done on the English section of the forum the topics would be debated with several differing viewpoints offered, but the low volume of Spanish speaking posters doesn't allow that to happen here.  Priest Silouan is essential exploiting that as a loophole to dump ROAC propoganda on this forum without having to defend it. 
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 03:43:05 PM »

Well there are other Spanish speaking posters and they aren't bothering to respond.  Then again, I don't think that many Spanish-only speakers are finding this and reading it really.  At any rate, maybe some of our Spanish speakers can post some non-ROAC material more frequently?

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Disclaimer: Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodo
Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 03:48:43 PM »

If it's your choice to allow this to become a ROAC propoganda forum...

Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »

Oh yes, because it is in imminent danger of that...

What forum rules has Priest Silouan violated? None. He is posting content. If others don't like it, let them respond. If more balance is needed, then let others post.  We try to be rather laissez-faire about this sort of thing--if we go and stop him from posting pro-ROAC stuff, then we are going to have to start moderating a lot of other things, it's going to get really complicated, a whole new set of rules is going to have to be developed, criteria changed, etc.  We don't have the time to do that, nor would I even want that--after all, this is a discussion forum where debate is supposed to occur.  We are in favor of as free an exchange of ideas as possible, and sometimes the downside of that is that opinions one does not like get expressed.  You are interestingly the only person I have noticed who has taken issue with this or even noticed it.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Silouan
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 04:27:57 PM »

We try to be rather laissez-faire about this sort of thing--if we go and stop him from posting pro-ROAC stuff, then we are going to have to start moderating a lot of other things, it's going to get really complicated, a whole new set of rules is going to have to be developed, criteria changed, etc.

As with economics, laissez-faire only works if there is competition.  If Priest Silouan were to post these articles in English (which he has the ability to do) they would be debated and differing viewpoints would be expressed.  But he only posts in Spanish since he knows he can get away with posting whatever propoganda he wants without having to defend it. 

Maybe there is nothing you can do in this case without arbitrarily saying ROAC can't dump propoganda in Spanish - which wouldn't be fair since it is completly arbitrary.  But I posted this thread simply as an observation that Priest Silouan is using this forum to disseminate ROAC propoganda unchecked. 
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 04:48:09 PM »

OK, and I do understand your concern. Here's a compromise: I will post a disclaimer on the forum in Spanish when I get home (and have a multilingual keyboard) that says that there are other viewpoints that would disagree with Priest Silouan's voluminous postings. Is that a good idea?

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Beavis
invertebrateischristian

Smooth sounds from Squidworth's clarinet....

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »

ahhh...Father Siluan, God bless him.  Me and him go way back.  I have beef with him on certain, cough, Old Calendarist forums (think restaurants, cough, cough).

"Every entity is what it loves"----Vladimir Solovyov
Fr Siluan

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 02:26:02 PM »

Estimados amigos:

Yo no estoy tratando de hacer propaganda de ROAC, simplemente yo escribo desde mi punto de vista que no es solo el de ROAC, sino el del tradicionalismo ortodoxo. Mi punto de vista no solo es desde ROAC, heredera de la Iglesia Prerevolucionaria de Rusia y la Iglesia en las Catacumbas, sino desde todo el tradicionalismo ortodoxo. Y ha decir verdad no he puesto aqui tantos postes de ROAC como si he puesto de Historia, sobre la "Union" ROCOR-Patriarcado, la parted de ROCOR que siguio a Metropolita Vitaly, documentos Vetrocalendaristas etc...

En fin yo creo que las declaraciones de Silouan no tienen ningun fundamento, y creo que el deberia aprender español para entender que es lo que he escrito, el solo juzga apresuradamente simplemente porque soy yo, un sacerdote de la ROAC.

Con Amor en Cristo

P Siluan

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 02:26:58 PM by Священник Силуан » Logged
Fr Siluan

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 02:29:32 PM »

Estimado Anastasios:

Para nada esto me ofende, al contrario. Ademas tu tambien eres un tradicionalista y coincidimos en pensamiento.

Con Amor en Cristo

P. Siluan

daher

Faith: Orthodox

Orthodoxy or Death!

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »

Why your concern? ROAC and you Hierarch, the Metropolitan Vladimir of Suzdal, witness the True Orthodoxy.

I think is better a ROAC propanda than the ecumenica and latinizer neo-papalism propaganda on the english forum  Wink
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:09:39 PM »

We don't have one trend of thought here. We have posters of various positions here and we coexist.  As it is a forum, we expect to have debate on these issues.  I personally am a member of an Old Calendarist Church.  Some of our moderators are New Calendarists.  Two are Non-Chalcedonians.  We have Orthodox and non Orthodox posters alike on this forum.  Rather than be syncretistic and ecumenistic (some are committed ecumenists though), the motivation of this forum is to allow discussion of these issues and debate.  I personally believe in a "free market" type of discussion because I believe that ultimately the traditional Orthodox position wins out.  Others disagree. But I believe it is important to have our beliefs tested and debated with others.  There are forums that exist solely as Old Calendarist (i.e. www.euphrosynoscafe.com) and others that are for specifically New Calendarist people.  Some forums are just for Non-Chalcedonians.  It's quite alright if someone wants to find a safe haven for their faith.  But the purpose of this site is to open discussion to all who claim to be Orthodox.  That doesn't mean we all recognize and agree with one another, but that we wish to allow honest and open discussion about these serious issues.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: