OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 21, 2014, 05:45:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 10 Signs That You Live in a Racist Nation  (Read 1281 times) Average Rating: 0
Asteriktos
Pegleg J
Protostrator

Faith: Like an arrow to the knee

« on: December 11, 2005, 12:37:30 PM »

Hopefully I've said enough on this forum that people know that I'm not a racist. I do have some issues with the whole race problem though...

10. People believe that it's ok to give jobs or schooling to people simply because they have a certain skin color or ethnicity, even if that will mean discriminating against another person. In other words, discriminating based on race is ok, as long as you are favoring certain non-white races.

9. It's ok to make jokes about certain races, but not others. For these "other" races, only people of that race can make jokes about their own race (and they can be as vulgar and hateful about their own race as they want to be). But if someone else (ie. a white person) makes a joke about certain other races, then they are being either racist or "racially insensitive".  For example, it's ok to make jokes about white people not being able to play basketball, but you can't make a joke about black guys not playing hockey. (for the record, I think the sports thing is mostly cultural, but that's not the point).

8. It's ok to call white people derogatory or racially-epithetic names, but not vice versa. Betta recognize, cracka.

7. Having a United Negro College Fund is noble. Having a United White Person College fund is racism.

6. Likewise, having a Organization for the "advancement of colored peoples" (NAACP) is fine. Having an organization for the "advancement of white people" is racist.

5. Schools teach you to call people "African American," even if the person doesn't care a whit about being African, considers themselves American, and your family came here 300 years after their family and you don't call yourself Slovakian-American.

4. Terms like "black churches" are fine, and in widespread use. Terms like "white church" or "white organization" automatically imply racist ideology.

3. There is a political and legal tactic called the "race card," in which you try to use someone's (minority) race to their advantage, even if you have to distort reality to do it.

2. No one notices much when people make completely racist statements about black conservatives, because (to give a quote I've actually heard people say), these people (e.g., Rice, Powell, etc.) "aren't really black".

1. When people lament how much racism there is, and then these same people turn around and howl like mad if you challenge them because they are dividing people based on race

I'll bet I look like a goof.

"And since when have Christians become afraid of rain?"
Bogoliubtsy
Archon

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:44:57 PM »

Aint it the truth.

"When you give food to the poor, they call you a saint. When you ask why the poor have no food, they call you a communist". - Archbishop Hélder Pessoa Câmara
Nacho
Warned
OC.net guru

Faith: EasternOrthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

The face of Corporate America

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:02:07 PM »

All perpetuated by 'white' liberals I might add, also the same ones that destroyed the black family unit with the "great society" of the 60's. Have you also noticed that just about every black comedian has some kind of black vs. white comparision on any given subject they are talking about? Don't get me wrong, I laugh my @ss off watching some of these guys but at the same time a white comedian would never be able to pull something like that off without being called a racist.   

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."--Mere Christianity
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 06:08:42 PM »

Two things...

1.  ÃƒÆ’‚  Stay away from the American politics (ie: "white liberals").

2.  ÃƒÆ’‚  Bill Maher makes all kinds of jokes about everyone (including blacks and hispanics) and the last time I checked, he was white.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 06:09:00 PM by SouthSerb99 » Logged

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
Meekle
Elder

Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 07:04:31 PM »

And, if you've ever heard the song: "African American sheep, have you any wool?"ÂÂ  Tongue

And btw I'm not racist, I have a color tv Tongue
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:05:53 PM by Meekle » Logged
Mo the Ethio
Proud Capitalist
Elder

Faith: Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 09:46:14 PM »

I feel you,Asteritkos!!!!
  As Nacho started to say , this is a great example of liberal politics in America gone awry.

"Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names."
- John F. Kennedy (1917-1963)
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 12:27:54 AM »

I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally  Grin   please don't use this as a measure of me. It was a joke that fit really well.

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »

In the 1970s , Richard Pryer was host to SNL, and Chevy Chase & he had a skit together...  I only know about it because Richard Pryer died Saturday, and they were playing this on NBC a bunch of times:

Richard Pryer (Mr. Wilson) was applying for a job, Chevy Chase was the interviewer.

Interviewer: Alright, Mr. Wilson, you've done just fine on the Rorshact.. your papers are in good order.. your file's fine.. no difficulties with your motor skills.. And I think you're probably ready for this job. We've got one more psychological test we always do here. It's just a Word Association. I'll throw you out a few words - anything that comes to your mind, just throw back at me, okay? It's kind of an arbitrary thing. Like, if I say "dog", you'd say..?

Mr. Wilson: "Tree".

Interviewer: "Tree". [ nods head, prepares the test papers ] "Dog".

Mr. Wilson: "Tree".

Interviewer: "Fast".

Mr. Wilson: "Slow".

Interviewer: "Rain".

Mr. Wilson: "Snow".

Interviewer: "White".

Mr. Wilson: "Black".

Interviewer: "Bean".

Mr. Wilson: "Pod".

Interviewer: [ casually ] "Negro".

Mr. Wilson: "Whitey".

Interviewer: "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: [ silent, sure he didn't hear what he thinks he heard ] What'd you say?

Interviewer: [ repeating ] "Tarbaby".

Mr. Wilson: "Ofay".

Interviewer: "Colored".

Mr. Wilson: "Redneck".

Interviewer: "Junglebunny".

Mr. Wilson: [ starting to get angry ] "Peckerwood!"

Interviewer: "Burrhead".

Mr. Wilson: [ defensive ] "Cracker!"

Interviewer: [ aggressive ] "Spearchucker".

Mr. Wilson: "White trash!"

Interviewer: "Jungle Bunny!"

Mr. Wilson: [ upset ] "Honky!"

Interviewer: "Spade!

Mr. Wilson: [ really upset ] "Honky Honky!"

Interviewer: [ relentless ] "Nigger!"

Mr. Wilson: [ immediate ] "Dead honky!" [ face starts to flinch ]

Interviewer: [ quickly wraps the interview up ] Okay, Mr. Wilson, I think you're qualified for this job. How about a starting salary of $5,000?

Mr. Wilson: Your momma!

Interviewer: [ fumbling ] Uh.. $7,500 a year?

Mr. Wilson: Your grandmomma!

Interviewer: [ desperate ] $15,000, Mr. Wilson. You'll be the highest paid janitor in America. Just, don't.. don't hurt me, please..

Mr. Wilson: Okay.

Interviewer: [ relieved ] Okay.

Mr. Wilson: You want me to start now?

Interviewer: Oh, no, no.. that's alright. I'll clean all this up. Take a couple of weeks off, you look tired.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
Meekle
Elder

Meekle of Rohan, Dunadan Bard of the Riddermark

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 09:10:14 PM »

You know, now that I think about it, the US is such that it may head down the road that being white will mean being racist  Undecided
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: