Hopefully I've said enough on this forum that people know that I'm not a racist. I do have some issues with the whole race problem though...
10. People believe that it's ok to give jobs or schooling to people simply because they have a certain skin color or ethnicity, even if that will mean discriminating against another person. In other words, discriminating based on race is ok, as long as you are favoring certain non-white races.
9. It's ok to make jokes about certain races, but not others. For these "other" races, only people of that race can make jokes about their own race (and they can be as vulgar and hateful about their own race as they want to be). But if someone else (ie. a white person) makes a joke about certain other races, then they are being either racist or "racially insensitive". For example, it's ok to make jokes about white people not being able to play basketball, but you can't make a joke about black guys not playing hockey. (for the record, I think the sports thing is mostly cultural, but that's not the point).
8. It's ok to call white people derogatory or racially-epithetic names, but not vice versa. Betta recognize, cracka.
7. Having a United Negro College Fund is noble. Having a United White Person College fund is racism.
6. Likewise, having a Organization for the "advancement of colored peoples" (NAACP) is fine. Having an organization for the "advancement of white people" is racist.
5. Schools teach you to call people "African American," even if the person doesn't care a whit about being African, considers themselves American, and your family came here 300 years after their family and you don't call yourself Slovakian-American.
4. Terms like "black churches" are fine, and in widespread use. Terms like "white church" or "white organization" automatically imply racist ideology.
3. There is a political and legal tactic called the "race card," in which you try to use someone's (minority) race to their advantage, even if you have to distort reality to do it.
2. No one notices much when people make completely racist statements about black conservatives, because (to give a quote I've actually heard people say), these people (e.g., Rice, Powell, etc.) "aren't really black".
1. When people lament how much racism there is, and then these same people turn around and howl like mad if you challenge them because they are dividing people based on race