OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 09:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanksgiving Eve  (Read 881 times) Average Rating: 0
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« on: November 23, 2005, 09:24:19 AM »

Greetings to all of you out there in Cyber Space. If anyone is in the Chicago-land area and doesn't want to go to church tomorrow morning, there is going to be a Pan-Orthodox Divine Liturgy held tonight (Wednesday) at 7:00PM at Holy Taxiarhai and St. Haralambos Greek Orthodox Church in Niles, IL. The address is: 7373 Caldwell Avenue. Niles, IL. 60714. If anyone needs directions, you can e-mail me at nyursc2@uic.edu and I can relay them. Or leave a message on here I guess and i'll check periodically. If anyone is wondering about the legitamacy of the service, it originally started with the Antiochians who got Dispensation to hold a night liturgy from Bishop ANTOUN. Metropolitan Iakovos of Chicago is a frequent visitor as well as Bishop Peter of ROCOR (less frequent). There's usually a good 500 or so people who attend and its good on the cook preparing the meal on Thanksgiving since they don't have to come home from church and rush to prepare the turkey and such. For more information, you can call the parish at: 847-647-8880.

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
arjuna3110

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 06:05:37 PM »

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone !   Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: