Author Topic: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris.  (Read 822 times)

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris.
« on: April 15, 2019, 02:24:19 PM »
"A spokesman for the cathedral said the whole structure was "burning".

"There will be nothing left", he said.

The blaze broke out on Monday afternoon and an area surrounding the building has been cleared."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47941794

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
Re: Notre-Dame cathedral: Firefighters tackle blaze in Paris.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:27:10 PM »
This is painful, so painful to watch.  :'( :'(

Offline Mor Ephrem

• A highly skilled and trained Freudian feminist slut
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • A well-sexed theologian
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: Mercenary Freudianism
  • Jurisdiction: Texas Feminist Coptic
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 02:47:18 PM »
Hugs.
This post gave me autism.

Since when has a Hierarch done anything for you? . . .

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Russian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 02:55:17 PM »
Is probably going to get rebuilt. (Or Renovated)
The study of Scandinavia.

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:05 PM »
Such a tragedy. My prayers go out.

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 03:17:07 PM »
The fact that this is happening during Catholic Holy Week makes it all the more shocking.

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 03:23:27 PM »
The fact that this is happening during Catholic Holy Week makes it all the more shocking.
Hmmm well Jesus did cleanse the Jerusalem Temple on Holy Monday...

Offline Dominika

• Troublesome Sheep
  • Global Moderator
  • Taxiarches
  • Serbian/Polish
    • My youtube channel
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Patriarchate/POC
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 04:48:11 PM »

Frankly speaking, I think it may be a sign from God (no penance!) for laicised France, during Catholic Holy Week...
Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria

My Orthodox liturgical blog "For what eat, while you can fast" in Polish (videos featuring chants in different languages)

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 05:02:39 PM »

Frankly speaking, I think it may be a sign from God (no penance!) for laicised France, during Catholic Holy Week...

It is indeed eerily symbolic.

Offline Rubricnigel

• OC.net guru
  • Vini vidi vici
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Midwest
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 05:07:46 PM »
https://www.christiantoday.com/article/report-warns-of-increasing-anti-christian-hostility-in-france/131788.htm

High number of anti Christian attacks, on monuments, statues, people, and churches. This has only been getting worse, but officials refuse to address the problem because imo they are scared to be labeled islamaphobic

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Race: Human. Culture: Yes.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 05:12:56 PM »
In a hurry to get the thread bumped to Politics, are we?

The fire department is ruling it an accident so far. Unclench. They've got this.
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ bookshelf ~ ugly writing ~ jukebox ~

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 05:47:02 PM »

What is the reason for you to make such a claim about God? Have you spoken to Him lately and He told you that it might be a sign for secular France? Sorry if I sound defensive, but to try and imply that God had something to do with this tragedy is quite offensive, and does nothing but show how some Christians take pleasure in seeing others suffer.

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 05:48:42 PM »
https://www.christiantoday.com/article/report-warns-of-increasing-anti-christian-hostility-in-france/131788.htm

High number of anti Christian attacks, on monuments, statues, people, and churches. This has only been getting worse, but officials refuse to address the problem because imo they are scared to be labeled islamaphobic

Hmmm, blaming a minority for a fire? I bet first century Christians in Rome who were blamed for 64 fire would luuuuuuuve you.

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 05:57:58 PM »

What is the reason for you to make such a claim about God? Have you spoken to Him lately and He told you that it might be a sign for secular France? Sorry if I sound defensive, but to try and imply that God had something to do with this tragedy is quite offensive, and does nothing but show how some Christians take pleasure in seeing others suffer.

I think you misunderstand her and are wrong to accuse her like this.  There's no question this is an unspeakable tragedy.  No one is saying God directly causes tragic events, but sometimes God may allow them in order to bring people to their senses, to bring a greater good, or for his own mysterious purpose.  That is evident from history. 

Offline Gloria Tibi Trinitas

• Faith: Orthodox (Catechumen)
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 05:59:20 PM »

For the record, there's more than one Orthodox Church that has burned down on Pascha. Also, many holy monasteries such as Valaam have been devasted by fires as well. The whole premise that a magnificent church burns
 because God is giving them penance is for the most part ludicrous.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:00:30 PM by Gloria Tibi Trinitas »

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 06:02:07 PM »

For the record, there's more than one Orthodox Church that has burned down on Pascha. Also, many holy monasteries such as Valaam have been devasted by fires as well. The whole premise that a church burning down because God is giving them penance is for the most part ludicrous.

Ludicrous?  I suppose the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem had no spiritual significance either?  Just a random event I guess.   ::) 

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
  • Jurisdiction: Metropolis of San Francisco
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 06:02:48 PM »
We do not even know what caused it yet.

Offline Gloria Tibi Trinitas

• Faith: Orthodox (Catechumen)
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 06:03:42 PM »

For the record, there's more than one Orthodox Church that has burned down on Pascha. Also, many holy monasteries such as Valaam have been devasted by fires as well. The whole premise that a church burning down because God is giving them penance is for the most part ludicrous.

Ludicrous?  I suppose the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem had no spiritual significance either?  Just a random event I guess.   ::)

The destruction of the temple was specifically foretold by our Lord. Let me know when Christ told you he was going to smite the Notre Dame.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:05:36 PM by Gloria Tibi Trinitas »

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »
Some good news, at last.

(The structure of the Notre-Dame is saved and preserved in its entirety.)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:51 PM »

For the record, there's more than one Orthodox Church that has burned down on Pascha. Also, many holy monasteries such as Valaam have been devasted by fires as well. The whole premise that a magnificent church burns

I'm not saying God directly caused this at all. That would be arrogant of me. How can I know what God is thinking? I'm no prophet. But I'm just saying it is sorta eerie given that it is Catholic Holy Monday and with the recent sex abuse crisis and all... it just makes you think that's all.

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 06:11:00 PM »

It was specifically foretold by our Lord. Let me know when Christ told you he was going to smite the Notre Dame.

God speaks to man through events in time and history.  The belief that events are all random is a deist position  The idea of a divine creator who then stands back and watches his creation function at random from afar.  That is what's ludicrous my friend.

No, I don't know if this was God's permissive will, and neither do you.  All I said is that the timing and the symbolism is eerie and significant.  Many Catholics are saying as much given the current state of Western Christedom.

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 06:15:35 PM »

I'm not saying God directly caused this at all. That would be arrogant of me. How can I know what God is thinking? I'm no prophet. But I'm just saying it is sorta eerie given that it is Catholic Holy Monday and with the recent sex abuse crisis and all... it just makes you think that's all.

If that is the case, and if we are going to start speculating whether a fire was a sign from God or not, did anyone find out what God meant by the fire that engulfed the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava in NYC that took place on EASTER DAY couple of years ago?

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »

If that is the case, and if we are going to start speculating whether a fire was a sign from God or not, did anyone find out what God meant by the fire that engulfed the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava in NYC that took place on EASTER DAY couple of years ago?

No, not every fire has to be a sign from God, but some could be.  You think God never gives signs??

Offline Ray1

• Elder
  • Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

No, not every fire has to be a sign from God, but some could be.  You think God never gives signs??

I believe God gives signs. He did multiple times in my life, at one point it was clear that no person in their right mind would deny it. And I believe that tragedies like this might bring some people closer to God, for they might get a glimpse of what it looks like to lose Christianity. But to say that God did it or meant it to happen is something I'm hesitant to accept, at least not yet.

Offline PorphyriosK

• High Elder
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 06:30:52 PM »

I believe God gives signs. He did multiple times in my life, at one point it was clear that no person in their right mind would deny it. And I believe that tragedies like this might bring some people closer to God, for they might get a glimpse of what it looks like to lose Christianity. But to say that God did it or meant it to happen is something I'm hesitant to accept, at least not yet.

Of course we should hesitate.  It's impossible to know for sure.  All I did was say it feels significant given the climate and state of Christianity in the West.  It's not ludicrous to have those thoughts or to wonder about it.  THat was my only beef with what Gloria Tibi Trinitas said.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 06:48:42 PM »
Maybe a worker accidentally kicked over a can of paint thinner.

Offline Ariend

• Your average American Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Diocese of North America
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 07:39:58 PM »
Lord have mercy.
I agree that it could be a sign (or maybe not, churches of all denominations and countries burn all the time). Either way, the people of France need to realize that God can help them, not just in the cathedral burning, but in everything. France needs God.
How magnified are Thy works, O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all.

Offline JTLoganville

• Elder
  • Jurisdiction: A poor wayfarin' stranger
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 09:21:01 PM »
As well as happening two days after the Orthodox Lenten Saturday of the Akathist...when we sing "O Champion General" for the last time liturgically until next year.

Offline Svartzorn

• High Elder
  • Jurisdiction: ?
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:09 AM »

Hmmm, blaming a minority for a fire? I bet first century Christians in Rome who were blamed for 64 fire would luuuuuuuve you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6BUZZ3qvZM
Sad!
Fear the LURKER!!11!

Offline Xavier

• Slave of Love consecrated to the Hearts of Jesus and Mary.
  • High Elder
  • Holy Wounds of Christ, Pardon and Mercy Upon Us!
  • Faith: Catholic Christian
  • Jurisdiction: The Pope - but my heart is for Re-Union!
Fire in Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 04:40:39 AM »
Lord have Mercy. Please pray for the people of France in this difficult time. Reports are that the Crown of Thorns was taken out in time. Notre Dame as most of us known is French for Our Lady and has historically contained many priceless treasures. May this cause all of us to turn closer toward God. Please see: "The crown of thorns, the tunic of Saint Louis and several other major works are now in a safe place," Ms Hidalgo said." https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-16/notre-dame-did-the-priceless-treasures-survive-the-fire/11018792

Article from BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47943705

"...According to fire brigade spokesman Lt-Col Gabriel Plus "the whole of the roof has been devastated... a part of the vault has collapsed, the spire is no more".

However, it could have been much worse. Mr Nuñez said that, had fire crews not entered the building, "without doubt it would have collapsed", French newspaper Le Monde reported.

Photos appear to show that at least one of the cathedral's famed Rose windows has survived, although there are concerns for some of the other stained-glass windows.

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for the adoration ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
Re: Fire in Notre Dame Cathedral.
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2019, 04:56:57 AM »
Perhaps there is a metaphor here. While the outward edifice of the Cathedral of Notre Dame (a symbol of humanity’s Western architectural grandeur) was engulfed in flames, the icons, relics, and Sacraments contained within were nevertheless divinely preserved. As the Cathedral burned, many lamented the devastation inflicted upon one of Western culture’s most glorious symbols. But others wept not for Western civilization, but for the Church of God that has been perpetually victimized by Western civilization. So as we ponder this tragic conflagration, let us offer up our own idols and sins to the purifying fire of God’s redeeming grace. Let everything that does not conform to Christ be burned away, so that all that remains is love for God and love for one another.

“If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss. He himself will be saved, but only as if through the flames.” [I Corinthians 3:12-15]

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” [I Corinthians 13:13]

By the fires of hatred and bigotry and accidents of the fall, churches may burn to ash. But the Church herself shall remain imperishable, unconquerable, and eternally preserved.

Prayers ascending for the faithful in France who mourn the damage done to their beautiful Cathedral. A tragic beginning to their Holy Week.

“Lord have mercy.” +++

Catholic faithful singing hymns as their beautiful Cathedral burns:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOR5SmU4Rjo

This is the Ethiopian Meskel (Cross) that Emperor Haile Selassie donated to the Cathedral of Notre Dame.

Selam
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:03:23 AM by Gebre Menfes Kidus »
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches

Offline Xavier

• High Elder
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2019, 10:12:00 AM »
Well, some good news at last. Glad there is still some love for the Church in France. Hope it is rebuilt properly as a Traditional Catholic Church.

"In what some might ascribe to a holy week miracle, the interior of Notre Dame was miraculously saved last night by the more than 400 firefighters worker to suppress a devastating fire that destroyed the roof of the 850-year-old cathedral, as well as its iconic spire. In a speech delivered shortly before midnight, French President Emmanuel Macron implored the French people to join a national fundraising campaign to repair the damage, and at least one of the country's wealthiest men has already obliged.

French billionaire François-Henri Pinault said Monday night that he and his family would donate €100 million ($113 million) to the rebuilding effort. Pinault, who is chairman of Kerring group, the luxury goods powerhouse behind Gucci, Balenciaga and Yves Saint Laurent, said the money would come from his family's investment firm, Artemis.

In a statement, the billionaire, who is married to actress Selma Hayek, said he hopes that the money will help the Catholic Church "completely rebuild Notre Dame."

"My father [François Pinault] and I have decided to release as of now from the funds of Artemis a sum of 100 million euros to participate in the effort that will be necessary for the complete reconstruction of Notre Dame," he said.

Church officials and the government of France have for years sought private funds to help pay for costly renovations at the cathedral. It was in the middle of a $12.5 million renovation financed by the French state when the fire, reportedly caused by an 'accident' in the cathedral's attic, first broke out." https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-16/french-billionaires-pledge-350-million-rebuild-notre-dame

Kudos to those Catholic Billionaires who stepped up now. Hopefully, there should be no more problem and the re-building of Our Lady's Cathedral goes ahead properly. Let's pray. In honor of Our Lady and with love for Our Lord, may the good people of France try to rebuild.

Quote from: Gebre
As the Cathedral burned, many lamented the devastation inflicted upon one of Western culture’s most glorious symbols. But others wept not for Western civilization, but for the Church of God that has been perpetually victimized by Western civilization.

This is an over-generalization. Before the tragic East-West schism, Christianity informed every aspect of life and culture in the West. After 1517, 1789 and 1917, it is different, in both the west and in the whole world. Secularism is dominant, but there is always hope. If there was only one Church, the nations would more easily flock to Christ our King.

Since the time of the Church Father St. Irenaeus of Lyons, France has been Christian. St. Irenaeus is in a way a common witness to the Tradition of both East and West because he was Bishop of Lyons but had been in the East for a long while. When in an age of aggressive and crazy agnostic secularism, the French Monarchs, many of whom throughout history were Saintly and did much for the poor, were overthrown and killed by a mob, Queen Marie's last words were, "Let my son never forget the last words of his father, which I repeat emphatically; let him never seek to avenge our deaths. I die in the Catholic Apostolic and Roman religion, that of my fathers, that in which I was brought up, and which I have always professed…I pardon all my enemies the evils that they have done me." https://ryanphunter.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/remembering-queen-marie-antoinette-of-france/ France is still struggling under the secularist evils of the godless and violent revolution of 1789, but by the Grace and Mercy of God, Catholic France will one day rise again.
"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with your most precious Blood and your sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the intention of your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices, and the sufferings of my entire life for the adoration ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2019, 11:56:38 AM »
St. Florian is the patron of firefighters, at least in the RCC, in case anyone wants to pray.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Show me the meaning of the word

Leave me alone, I was only singing

"You know, I don't know any writer who doesn't hate writing, so I guess what I'm saying is, I hate my life." - Lawrence O'Donnell

"I like fake violence and real peace." - John Fugelsang

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Russian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before the structure is rebuilt.
The study of Scandinavia.

Offline pitacvert

• Faith: Traditional Roman Catholic
  • Jurisdiction: Archdiocese of Baltimore
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 12:46:04 PM »

We will always be unsure whether or not this is a sign from the Lord. However I think we should behave as it is indeed a call to conversion. I think there is little doubt that we all, in the western world, as a cultural ensemble, need to convert. Conversion itself is a never ending process, and at this point we  strayed so far from His Word that we can expect to receive ever more evident and obvious reminders of the necessity and urgency of it. Our Lord does not abandon us, if we are sincerely looking for Him. I think most people here know that there has been a spate of attacks against churches in France and in Italy for the past year. It would be all to easy to ascribe these attacks to the specific cultural make up of the attackers, but I think these are also, in my mind, a very strong call to conversion. Cor mundum crea in me, Deus, et spiritum rectum innova in visceribus meis. (Psalm 51 ... or 50 :) )

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »
I wonder how long it will be before the structure is rebuilt.

A few years of closure to the public, for sure.

Offline biro

• Site Supporter
  • Stratopedarches
  • Excelsior
    • Archive of Our Own works
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 01:38:20 PM »
Also, St. Germain and St. Joan are patrons of the city of Paris and of France, respectively.
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Parakeetist/works Warning: stories have mature content.

"Some people only feel good when they are praising the Lord." - Coptic bishop

Show me the meaning of the word

Leave me alone, I was only singing

"You know, I don't know any writer who doesn't hate writing, so I guess what I'm saying is, I hate my life." - Lawrence O'Donnell

"I like fake violence and real peace." - John Fugelsang

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 02:07:58 PM »
St. Genevieve is usually invoked as the patron of Paris. (or St. Denis)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 02:08:46 PM by Iconodule »
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 10:46:21 AM »
An article explaining why the fire was difficult to tackle: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47945471

Offline Xavier

• High Elder
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »
Macron has said it will be rebuilt within 5 years.

Offline Iconodule

• Hoplitarches
  • Jurisdiction: Patriarchate of Johnstown
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 11:04:41 AM »
That seems a bit optimistic.
“Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger! That is strength, boy! That is power! What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  Contemplate this on the tree of woe.” - Elder Thulsa Doom of the Mountain of Power

Mencius said, “Instruction makes use of many techniques. When I do not deign to instruct someone, that too is a form of instruction.”

Come look at my lame blog

Offline Arachne

• Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
It is. Fire doesn't destroy only what it consumes. Heat and chemicals in the smoke and soot cause damage that hasn't been assessed yet. Walls may have been destabilised, etc. The restoration may have to be far more extensive than it looks right now.

Offline Luke

• Formerly Gamliel
  • Taxiarches
  • Ευλογημένη Σαρακοστή
« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 08:25:51 PM »
Right now investigators are leaning toward a short circuit causing the fire, but nothing has been ruled out yet.