Author Topic: Apologies to ozgeorge and others  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Beavis

• invertebrateischristian
  • Smooth sounds from Squidworth's clarinet....
Apologies to ozgeorge and others
« on: November 17, 2005, 09:13:30 AM »
I was going to do this via private message, but I couldn't due to various...cough, "technical" reasons. ;)

I just wanted to offer my apologies to ozgeorge, greekischristian, cleveland, and others who were offended by my slur against Greeks.  That was wrong and disrespectful of me.  :-[ I also wanted to offer my apologies to you, ozgeorge, for the disrespect that I have been showing you recently on the discussion boards.  Please forgive me.  Perhaps you and I could join hands and defeat the religious WRONG together ;D

....also, apologies to Anastasios for getting "snappy" with you on the Filioque thread.
"Every entity is what it loves"----Vladimir Solovyov

Offline Fr. George

• formerly "Cleveland"
  • Administrator
  • Stratopedarches
  • May the Lord bless you and keep you always!
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Pittsburgh
Re: Apologies to ozgeorge and others
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20:02 AM »
glory to God in all things - may He forgive us all, and may we reflect that forgiveness on all our brethren.

"O Cross of Christ, all-holy, thrice-blessed, and life-giving, instrument of the mystical rites of Zion, the holy Altar for the service of our Great Archpriest, the blessing - the weapon - the strength of priests, our pride, our consolation, the light in our hearts, our mind, and our steps"
Met. Meletios of Nikopolis & Preveza, from his ordination.

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:32:39 AM »
Beavis,

No problem--it's forgotten. We all have our share of message board moments. :)

Anastasios
Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline ozgeorge

• I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
  • Hoplitarches
  • My plans for retirement.
    • Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 09:37:57 AM »
God forgives, and so do I.

And although the idea of forming a "League of Justice" is an appealing fantasy, I really don't think that's the way. If I disagree with someone's opinion, I listen to their reasons for holding it and examine it. If I still disagree, then I state mine and explain why I hold it. But we must each take responsibility for ourselves and for what we say, and in the end what matters is "Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest of these is Love."

I can disagree with someone's opinion, yet still respect their right to hold it.
If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.

Offline GiC

• Resident Atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Merarches
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »
No problem, this is a message board, a good place for debate, so I generally don't get offended by the discussion topics, even if I disagree. But, everyone here knows I've done my fair share of offending several other members ;)
"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »
And old Αριστοκλης (decidedly Hellenic) has already decided he likes Beavis, off color commments notwithstanding.
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides