OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 19, 2014, 04:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apologies to ozgeorge and others  (Read 1484 times) Average Rating: 0
Beavis
invertebrateischristian

Smooth sounds from Squidworth's clarinet....

« on: November 17, 2005, 09:13:30 AM »

I was going to do this via private message, but I couldn't due to various...cough, "technical" reasons. Wink

I just wanted to offer my apologies to ozgeorge, greekischristian, cleveland, and others who were offended by my slur against Greeks.  That was wrong and disrespectful of me.  Embarrassed I also wanted to offer my apologies to you, ozgeorge, for the disrespect that I have been showing you recently on the discussion boards.  Please forgive me.  Perhaps you and I could join hands and defeat the religious WRONG together Grin

....also, apologies to Anastasios for getting "snappy" with you on the Filioque thread.

"Every entity is what it loves"----Vladimir Solovyov
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:20:02 AM »

glory to God in all things - may He forgive us all, and may we reflect that forgiveness on all our brethren.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 09:32:39 AM »

Beavis,

No problem--it's forgotten. We all have our share of message board moments. Smiley

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
ozgeorge
I'll take you for who you are if you take me for everything.
Hoplitarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Oecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, the New Rome, the Great Church of Christ.

My plans for retirement.

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 09:37:57 AM »

God forgives, and so do I.

And although the idea of forming a "League of Justice" is an appealing fantasy, I really don't think that's the way. If I disagree with someone's opinion, I listen to their reasons for holding it and examine it. If I still disagree, then I state mine and explain why I hold it. But we must each take responsibility for ourselves and for what we say, and in the end what matters is "Faith, Hope and Love, and the greatest of these is Love."

I can disagree with someone's opinion, yet still respect their right to hold it.

If you're living a happy life as a Christian, you're doing something wrong.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »

No problem, this is a message board, a good place for debate, so I generally don't get offended by the discussion topics, even if I disagree. But, everyone here knows I've done my fair share of offending several other members Wink

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »

And old Αριστοκλης (decidedly Hellenic) has already decided he likes Beavis, off color commments notwithstanding.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: