Author Topic: Myriobiblos Desktop themes  (Read 2365 times)

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
Myriobiblos Desktop themes
« on: November 10, 2005, 05:32:38 PM »
I realize this is not a board-orientated or related question, but the Myriobiblos website has a Windows Desktop theme available for download. Three times in the past year or so I've been suckered in and downloaded it only to find it password protected. Nowhere on the site can I find a password or a place to request one and three emails to the 'webmaster' have gone unanswered. Anybody here had any luck installing this theme?

Demetri the Bored
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Robert

• "Amazing"
  • Archon
Re: Myriobiblos Desktop themes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 05:45:43 PM »
Not a problem, this forum is for any technical questions (board or not-board related).

As far as an answer...I couldn't tell ya! Maybe someone else knows.

Robert

Offline Bizzlebin

• Theologian
  • High Elder
  • MonkBot, Go Forth!
    • BizzlebinLIVE
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:03:08 PM »
From http://www.myriobiblos.gr/software/desktoptheme_res.html

- Run the installation executable from the location you are now saving it or from any other location you may move it. You will be asked to enter your password. Find the email message we've sent you, copy the password and paste it to the appropriate box. 

If you forgot to take a password you can do it now.
Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 06:25:20 PM »
Thanks Bizzlebin, but that does not work for me. Requesting the "code" fails. Pilot error?
"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides

Offline Bizzlebin

• Theologian
  • High Elder
  • MonkBot, Go Forth!
    • BizzlebinLIVE
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »
[quote author=Αριστοκλής link=topic=7545.msg98168#msg98168 date=1131661520]
Thanks Bizzlebin, but that does not work for me. Requesting the "code" fails. Pilot error?
[/quote]

Would it work if I tried to get the code and gave it to you? Or is each download protected by a different one?
Fashions and opinions among men may change, but the Orthodox tradition remains ever the same, no matter how few may follow it.

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 06:31:26 PM »
Would it work if I tried to get the code and gave it to you? Or is each download protected by a different one?

Hey , that would be great if it works. My experience is there usually is only one password, not a dynamically generated one.

Offline Bizzlebin

• Theologian
  • High Elder
  • MonkBot, Go Forth!
    • BizzlebinLIVE
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 06:40:00 PM »
No luck  :-\

Can't seem to find the file and/or server. It seems to be a problem on their end. I also checked Google to see if the password was publicly posted, but nothing :-[

-- Fr. Seraphim Rose

Offline Αριστοκλής

• Merarches
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 06:42:47 PM »
Bummer (very old term for you youngin's)

Maybe I'll try direct email again. An Orthodox Theme is too tempting...