OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 30, 2014, 01:03:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with IE  (Read 1612 times) Average Rating: 0
jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« on: November 17, 2005, 07:14:58 AM »

Hi,

Any idea why I now find it impossible to log into the site using IE? For the last couple of days every time I've tried I've got an unable to log in message. I just decided (on the offchance that it might work) to try logging in using Firefox and there were no problems. Strange.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 07:57:18 AM »

How widespread are the site problems with IE?
I'm having no problems with the Fox...

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 08:14:50 AM »

There's something not quite right about the way cookies ar4e being handled. I had this problem the last time around with Firefox too, but for Firefox it's easy to go in and delete single cookies. I'm unwilling to throw out all my cookies in IE just to appease a single site.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 08:20:11 AM »

There's something not quite right about the way cookies ar4e being handled. I had this problem the last time around with Firefox too, but for Firefox it's easy to go in and delete single cookies. I'm unwilling to throw out all my cookies in IE just to appease a single site.

Ahhh.... καταλαβαίνω.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:43:03 AM »

Keble,

Does going to Tools > Internet Options > Settings [under Temporary Internet Files] > View Files    not bring up a list of all files including cookies which can be manually deleted? What version of IE are you on?

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 09:44:28 AM »

Just for the record I am on IE 5.5 at work at 6.0 at home and have not had this problem. I wonder if it also has to do with what operating system one is using? hmmm. Robert is probably reading this post thinking, "bwah! Simpleton!" Wink

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 10:04:15 AM »

I haven't had any problem with IE, but more importantly Lynx seems to be working better with the site than it was a few months ago. So thank you Robert for improving the overall efficiency.

Though I do find it somewhat strange that Lynx will work without problem and your IE browsers won't, expecially since Lynx doesn't offer support for alot of eye candy software, that seems to be so highly regarded by web designers today.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 10:37:18 AM »

Does going to Tools > Internet Options > Settings [under Temporary Internet Files] > View Files  ÃƒÆ’‚  not bring up a list of all files including cookies which can be manually deleted? What version of IE are you on?

Yes, that does work. It's also a major pain because it shows all the temp files and not just the cookies.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

anastasios0513
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:51 AM »

Yes, that does work. It's also a major pain because it shows all the temp files and not just the cookies.

Well I'm sorry that IE is deficient in that regard. But having read the reviews of IE 7, Microsoft doesn't seem to care Smiley

Please Buy My Book!

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: