Author Topic: How can a loving God send anyone to hell ?  (Read 492 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
How can a loving God send anyone to hell ?
« on: February 05, 2019, 09:34:51 AM »
https://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christianity/articles/how-can-a-loving-god-send-anyone-to-hell.aspx

By our choices if we have no fruit to God we can’t go to heaven because God can’t allow sin into heaven. If our sin was not taken away freely by our choice on earth it can’t be taken away after truly and heaven won’t endure an unpurified soul because it completely requires a free choice to be purified and you can’t if you choose to after death
If a person never had their chance here they may be forgiven but many have their chance here not being tempted beyond what they can bear. Their life was arranged to make them not affected by stumbling blocks to the point of being lost. If any do not it is not their choice so their sin won’t stand before God. But perhaps all have their chance here
Stumbling blocks are still the cause of people being lost but they must come
I don’t know if stumbling blocks are beyond some ability maybe some stumble and get lost or maybe all have their chance here so they are wrong to stumble even though the stumbling block can cause them to be lost even though they have no excuse to stumble

1 John 5:19-21
19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 09:43:59 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Re: How can a loving God send anyone to hell ?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 10:21:22 AM »
A question may arise will all sins lead to death or are there some sins which do not constitute blasphemy of the Holy Spirit ? Can we pray for dead believers. We may or may not be able to benefit others by prayer of the dead because person may have chosen to reject those who teach the truth about way of God slow to embrace the truth. But it may benefit them if God Knows they would be open through more grace to the truth. Only He can read their hearts but it is based on how He tested them on earth. That is in theory.  God alone knows who sinned unto death or not. But prayer for the dead may not help. People have to choose God’s will now. We may think we are following the will of God but others are following it more
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:29:26 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »
Love is free, and God created us to love, therefore free. Whoever chooses not to love sends themselves to hell. Lord, have mercy.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: United States
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 01:50:55 PM »
Wisdom understands.

Offline ErmyCath

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ROCOR
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »
The opposite makes less sense to me: How can a loving God send to heaven those who are unrepentantly evil?

To give people a moral system and the aid of grace to live within that system to attain deification and then to not hold people to account for their efforts within that system would be wholly unjust.
"You must have an opinion on everything and loudly confront everyone with it." - Cyrillic

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 12:12:55 AM »
I agree with both Rapha and ErmyCath. An unrepentant Hitler somehow "crowbarred" by God into Heaven would just turn it into Hell for everybody else there, or at least try to.

For those whose rejection of God's ways didn't rise to quite such a level, there are likely some gradations in the Hell they experience (Luke 12:47 seems to imply as much, at least in a slightly different situation).

In addition, there's the contentious possibility of temporary Hell, at least for some.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing your views  :)

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 10:15:07 AM »
I look at it this way. Hell is a place people are already in and salvation is getting out from. weird, I know.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 10:33:15 AM »
I guess you are right
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 10:35:03 AM by mikeforjesus »