Author Topic: 7-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Punished For Not Knowing Bible Verses, 3 Charged  (Read 873 times)

Offline Ray1

• Elder
"Three have been charged in the death of a 7-year-old Wisconsin boy who, according to a criminal complaint, was punished for not knowing Bible verses.

Timothy Hauschultz, his wife Tina Hauschultz and their 15-year-old son Damian Hauschultz have all been charged in the death of Ethan Hauschultz. Ethan died in April 2018 from hypothermia and blunt force trauma to the head, chest and abdomen."

https://www.newsweek.com/7-year-old-boy-dies-after-being-punished-not-knowing-bible-verses-3-charged-1315946

Online WPM

• Holy Catholic Jesus, Intercede with God for us.
  • Taxiarches
  • Faith: Universal
  • Jurisdiction: United States
probably received Into Heaven

Offline platypus

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America
Lord, have mercy
"Eternal truth finds no favorable soil where one encounters at every turn the skeptical, sarcastic query 'what is truth,' where life insurance takes the place of eternal hope." -Hieromonk Antonius

Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity. -Ecclesiastes 12:8

Offline IXOYE

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
Lord, have mercy!

Offline theistgal

• Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic/sometimes atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
Poor little guy.  :'(

Lord have mercy.
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)

Offline JTLoganville

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: A poor wayfarin' stranger
Erbhram, ich, Herr!

(Lord, have mercy)

Making an ass/u/mption that a surname ending in "holtz" is Germanic.

Offline Justinian of Narnia

• Custodian of Cair Paravel; Knight of the Noble Order of the Table; Lord of the Lantern Wastes; Marshal of the Marshlands; Archon of Archenland; Earl of Ettinsmoor
  • High Elder
  • I have come home at last! This is my real country.
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese of NA
Lord have mercy.
"Stand at the brink of the abyss of despair, and when you see that you cannot bear it anymore, draw back a little and have a cup of tea" ~Elder Sophrony of Essex

Offline RaphaCam

• Taxiarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
Lord, have mercy.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
"Three have been charged in the death of a 7-year-old Wisconsin boy who, according to a criminal complaint, was punished for not knowing Bible verses.

Timothy Hauschultz, his wife Tina Hauschultz and their 15-year-old son Damian Hauschultz have all been charged in the death of Ethan Hauschultz. Ethan died in April 2018 from hypothermia and blunt force trauma to the head, chest and abdomen."

https://www.newsweek.com/7-year-old-boy-dies-after-being-punished-not-knowing-bible-verses-3-charged-1315946

This is extremely sad.  Kyrie eleison.

It must be stressed that people who do this sort of thing are not Orthodox.  Indeed I believe we can attest that they are not Christian.

Our Lord said “by their fruits you shall know them,” and in this case, the fruit born by the people who did this evil act is so evil, it is on a par with with the dreadful Satanic Ritual Abuse propagated by several cults in the 1980s, the evil practices of the Voudon religion of Benin, murder-suicide cults like Jonestown and Heaven’s Gate, and child abuse cults like David Koresh.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
This is so sad.  Unfortunately now I know why Protestants know the bible so well.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Protokentarchos
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
This is so sad.  Unfortunately now I know why Protestants know the bible so well.

I was raised Protestant and no one ever did this to me.  I have never met a Christian, even a heretical psuedo Christian or a Mormon, who would do this.

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline theistgal

• Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic/sometimes atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!

I was raised Protestant and no one ever did this to me.  I have never met a Christian, even a heretical psuedo Christian or a Mormon, who would do this.

Agreed -- this had nothing to do with the father and mother being Protestants. It had everything to do with them being sinners.

Lord have mercy!
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)