Author Topic: Can the gospel give peace in these last days ?  (Read 3713 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
Can the gospel give peace in these last days ?
« on: January 21, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »
I still listen to billy graham to see if his teachings are true because I see if he did not mean to make others think they can give up carrying their cross and I listen because the gospel he preaches may be what we need to hear now to have peace with God in these times

I don’t know if below is true but it should be considered. It gives comfort but perhaps people have no right to hope in salvation if they have not yet been perfected. Below I put forward perhaps we can hope in salvation now not when we have been perfected if we are trying to walk in Christ now.

People should trust in Christ to be saved. You have to know if you were to die today you would go to heaven. That would encourage others to turn to God and be saved. If you do not have this full faith you may or may not be saved still but you won’t bring people to Christ.
It doesn’t mean people can live in sin but they don’t try to earn their salvation by making up for the bad. Salvation is a gift by faith.
We do not earn forgiveness but to keep salvation one does not sin and whatever good one does is a gift from God not to demonstrate person is now good but he who works as Paul says the work is not counted as grace but as debt
meaning that the person who works thinks he earns it as his debt that he deserves it. Therefore one should not think his works can earn him salvation but by grace God will accept your works. The person still is never made worthy of salvation by his deeds but he does works to stay worthy of his grace but not to ever think his deeds are ever worthy of salvation.

Romans 4:4
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.

Augustine: Paul was speaking here of the way wages are given. But God gave by grace, because he gave to sinners so that by faith they might live justly, that is, do good works. Thus the good works which we do after we have received grace are not to be attributed to us but rather to him who has justified us by his grace. For if God had wanted to give us our due reward, he would have given us the punishment due to sinners. Augustine on Romans 21.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:08:53 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
Re: Can the gospel give peace in these last days ?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
Protestants may be saved but the only sure place for me to follow is the church. It may be I am saved by Jesus but we should follow the church to be sure. And seek the peace that comes from sacraments and life in church. All should follow the church to be sure but we may all be saved by Jesus
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:25:01 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 03:01:56 PM »
I don’t know because the wise virgins always felt they need more assurance and wanted to see evidence of works 
Perhaps you  must always feel a sinner in need of good works like the wise virgins.
Perhaps by humility God will allow many good works to come. Maybe the real effort is to become humble. But if it is that easy and no effort is required the parable serves no purpose of warning that is easy to detect though it may be teaching to truly know Christ and then you may have ability to bear much fruit though salvation can happen later and you bear acceptable fruit later. But perhaps it requires serious effort but it is within reach if you commit your life to Christ and your will to do good will be helped by Christ but you must always seek to see your faith always bearing fruit

But that may not cancel the above post if the moment a person trusts in Christ he has ability to produce much works even if he dies before it. Yet still producing with what time he has. And if one is not always producing if they live longer they may eventually beat fruit with patience in going deeper in faith

Metropolitan Anthony bloom said
God can save the sinner you are but not the saint you pretend to be.

It is something for me to ponder
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:12:11 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 03:15:45 PM »
I edited it quickly as I had little time

For the whole thing to make sense the below part should be cut out and moved to the end

“But if it is that easy and no effort is required the parable serves no purpose of warning that is easy to detect though it may be teaching to truly know Christ and then you may have ability to bear much fruit though salvation can happen later and you bear acceptable fruit later.”
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:17:06 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 02:57:35 AM »
The oil is the Holy Spirit. Those who know Christ will produce good fruit continually while they know Him. The works will come natural. Their change will be known that people will ask for help from them to do good but it only comes from Christ and those who teach you to know Him.

It may require a big and continuous struggle to know Christ but if you abide in Him you can bear fruit for Jesus says without Me you can do nothing

However in case I am wrong the church and the bible may teach you must strive if need be to bloodshed. I say if you can’t produce the fruits without bleeding then you must. It tells you how much effort you must make in case you don’t get the fruits. However with God’s Grace striving to bloodshed may be possible and natural

If a man loves God with all his heart, all his thoughts, all his will, and all his strength, he will gain the fear of God; the fear will produce tears, tears will produce strength; by the perfection of this the soul will bear all kinds of fruits.

+ St. Anthony the Great

Struggle, my child, for God's road is narrow and thorny; not inherently, but because of our passions. Since we want to eradicate from our heart the passions, which are like thorny roots, so that we may plant useful plants, naturally we shall toil greatly and our hands will bleed and our face will sweat. Sometimes even despair will overcome us, seeing roots and passions everywhere! But with our hope in Christ, the Repairer of our souls, let us diligently work at clearing the earth of our heart. Patience, mourning, humility, obedience, cutting off one's will - all these virtues help cultivate it. We must apply all our strength, and then God, seeing our labor, comes and blesses it, and thus we make progress.

- Elder Ephraim of Philotheou and Arizona
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:08:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 03:47:58 AM »
It may require a big and continuous struggle to know Christ but if you abide in Him you can bear fruit for Jesus says without Me you can do nothing

Only to be safe if you are far from knowing Him and resistant to knowing Him which satan may convince person he knows Him or does not need to know Him more. But a person may not be far from knowing Him if he actually seeks Him he may not be far from God if he will not give up till he finds Him. God may manifest Himself easily to those who seek Him for He does not hide himself from those who are truly seeking Him
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:48:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline noahzarc1

• High Elder
  • Faith: Roman Catholic
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 05:01:28 AM »
I still listen to billy graham to see if his teachings are true because I see if he did not mean to make others think they can give up carrying their cross and I listen because the gospel he preaches may be what we need to hear now to have peace with God in these times
The Gospel Billy Graham preached is not some other gospel that hasn't been preached since Paul preached it. Billy Graham preached what many evangelicals preached, which is salvation through Christ. No one objects to this message. What Orthodoxy teaches is what living out that gospel looks like. The praxis. It is no doubt many evangelical churches, though they "preached the gospel" had many many many views on what the praxis of that gospel looked like. For some it was a social gospel, for others they had different thoughts. In the end, all Christians need to hear the message that we need to be reconciled to God. 

I don’t know if below is true but it should be considered. It gives comfort but perhaps people have no right to hope in salvation if they have not yet been perfected. Below I put forward perhaps we can hope in salvation now not when we have been perfected if we are trying to walk in Christ now.
That doesn't sound much different than what the monastics and desert fathers have said for nearly 2,000 years.

People should trust in Christ to be saved. You have to know if you were to die today you would go to heaven. That would encourage others to turn to God and be saved. If you do not have this full faith you may or may not be saved still but you won’t bring people to Christ.
Ok but what does this look like? Evangelicalism, and even Graham, it became a "raise your hand" and "repeat after the Pastor" or "come forward" and you had multitude millions who went into the stadium, had an "emotional experience" but really left the stadium unchanged. I knew a pastor who mentored me for years, a fine man, who was saved at a Billy Graham rally in 1950. I am not saying it didn't happen for people to turn from a life of sin to Christ. This will of course be the great mystery of what exactly did God do through Graham? I cannot explain it and don't try to. Billy Graham also shifted his positions numerously over his life. So we should not look only to Graham's old rallies to say, "there's the gospel" because you have within orthodoxy an unchanged and unhindered witness. Most modern day evangelicals and millennials would never sit through a Billy Graham evangelical service of 1955. So the times have changed in the evangelical world. Do you think you'd get a millennial today to go to a "tent revival?" Not going to happen. I went to a Luis Palau "rally" once about 10 years ago. It had a skateboard park and all sorts of hipster stuff for the millennials. It had things that would've never passed at a Billy Graham "revival."

"While we fight about words, take advantage of ambiguities, criticize authors, fight on party questions, have difficulty in agreeing, and prepare to anathematize each other, there is scarce a man who belongs to Christ." - Hilary of Poitiers (367)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2019, 05:11:22 AM »
Thankyou so much for sharing your thoughts which seem true. They are helpful
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:18:47 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 11:43:11 AM »
I recommend these 2 videos as something everyone needs to see

https://www.christiancinema.com/digital/movie/hell

https://www.christiancinema.com/digital/movie/counting-the-cost

First he seems to says if we accept Jesus we are safe. At the end he says a prayer to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. The second video shows we must carry a cross.I know Jesus said we have to carry a cross. I may not yet be strong enough but I pray the Lord helps me prepare and when that time comes

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:43:50 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 12:13:02 PM »
I do not mean to make people afraid but to better prepare them to receive God and His help. It is necessary to preach the gospel to wake us up as long as I don’t force it on others but make it available for them and share when people want to know more. But Christians must be informed who are starting to compromise their beliefs unwillingly. We must make the truth available to those who seek but I apologise if I forced it
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:22:17 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 10:58:57 PM »
I don’t think it is cruel to non Christians to follow Christ. We follow Him because we trust in His just judgement but if we are wrong He may accept other good people. But it seems it is fair you have to follow only Christ but God will decide
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:05:42 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2019, 02:14:07 AM »
You need Jesus to go to heaven. Whoever Denys you need Jesus Jesus will deny him.
Just as a Christian must not fear those who kill the body but He who can destroy soul in Hell so the non Christian also must. If a Christian tries to avoid peresecution by denying Christ then so do non Christians deserve not to have to suffer. Unless a non Christian suffers with Christian they do not deserve to go to heaven but how will they unless they call themselves Christian ?

Jesus said no man comes to the Father but by Me

Psalm 49:6-9
6 Those who trust in their wealth
And boast in the multitude of their riches,
7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother,
Nor give to God a ransom for him—
8 For the redemption of their souls is costly,
And it shall cease forever—
9 That he should continue to live eternally,
And not see the Pit.

The only way you are worthy of the redemption is confessing Christ and not denying Him.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:18:21 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2019, 02:38:45 AM »
What shall it profit the man if he gains the world and loses his soul? Worry about yourself that your name is not blotted out of the book of life. So be prepared. Jesus only spoke about a resurrection of the just and unjust. Paul said do not be deceived the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God. Jesus says the punishment of the damned is the same place as the devil and they shall go to everlasting punishment but the righteous into eternal life

The bible says there is no longer a place found in heaven for devils any longer and Jude says the lost shall inherit the blackness of darkness forever

I regret if I added to Christ words and perhaps caused people to doubt. I don’t know if it is harder for me to be saved now or I weakened Christians

I was worried about causing persecution and non Christians but I should have trusted God will help them and persecution as witnessing for Christ or God and their freedom to choose good. The chief important thing I should have worried about is not weakening the people resolve to suffer persecution carrying their cross
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:40:08 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2019, 02:48:19 AM »
Good deeds won’t get you to heaven. All our good deeds are not clean in His sight. Your riches are your good deeds and they shall not help you enter the kingdom of God. They will not allow you into the kingdom. Jesus said how hard it is for a rich man to be saved it is just as impossible as camel going through eye of needle
The things which are impossible with men are possible only with God
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 02:54:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2019, 02:51:45 AM »
Yes.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2019, 03:23:08 AM »
Psalm 49:20 A man who is in honor, yet does not understand,
Is like the beasts that perish.

A person who builds his house on riches has prepared himself to be proud. The same punishment for any pride. He chose where his heart lies. God does not bless that to give them life but if a person turns from that he can be saved but he will have to prove himself worthy of a reward if ever equal to one who always chose God.

They never see light as the psalm says and like to the righteous they are like beasts who perish because they never see them again
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:27:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 10:25:58 AM »
Yes.

Selam

Thankyou. I didn’t know you were answering my question. I mean can the gospel ensure all believers need not be afraid of being overcome whether now because of fear of tribulation or during the tribulation. I think the answer is yes but I want to discuss why the gospel is the answer.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:31:42 AM by mikeforjesus »

Online Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • Trolling Babylon 24/7, without apology!
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
  • Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:17 AM »
Yes.

Selam

Thankyou. I didn’t know you were answering my question. I mean can the gospel ensure all believers need not be afraid of being overcome whether now because of fear of tribulation or during the tribulation. I think the answer is yes but I want to discuss why the gospel is the answer.

The Cross is peace. The Cross is suffering. The Cross is peace. The Cross is pain. The Cross is peace. The Cross is blood. The Cross is peace. The Cross is agony. The Cross is peace....

The Cross is peace when everything else fails.

Selam
"Whether it’s the guillotine, the hangman’s noose, or reciprocal endeavors of militaristic horror, radical evil will never be recompensed with radical punishment. The only answer, the only remedy, and the only truly effective response to radical evil is radical love."
+ Gebre Menfes Kidus +
http://bookstore.authorhouse.com/Products/SKU-000984270/Rebel-Song.aspx

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 02:25:44 AM »
The Cross is peace. The Cross is suffering. The Cross is peace. The Cross is pain. The Cross is peace. The Cross is blood. The Cross is peace. The Cross is agony. The Cross is peace....

The Cross is peace when everything else fails.

Selam

Thankyou I like your answer. Carrying our cross brings peace
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:26:54 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 02:36:32 AM »
The goal of the antichrist is to make people afraid. If we believe in the gospel of salvation as the only way and we are carrying our cross through support of that though we must struggle as much as need be to produce fruit even to bloodshed striving against sin we can overcome the antichrist. People should be preparing for coming of christ not antichrist
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:41:40 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 04:20:37 AM »
God’s ways are perfect yet the way to heaven is difficult because we don’t love the truth enough or God to seek Him. Psalm 1 says the righteous man seeks the lord day and night through His  word. It could be because we have not found Him to be born again so that we don’t seek His words and to follow Him to hunger and thirst for righteousness. For that comes from God or those would not be called blessed. Jesus said without Him we can do nothing. Jesus said the way to life is difficult and few find it. It is much difficult for those who don’t find Him for then it is impossible. They won’t know the way. Though difficult many can follow if they know the way

God is righteous but we keep sinning and deserve damnation. It is best for fear of not knowing Him since there is no proof we are not in the last days to have no children for it may be an extra burden which makes us more difficult to know and to raise those children. Also not to have to be crushed to see them not knowing and following Christ
Ofcourse it is not forbidden to marry and have children. Maybe some are also ready. Maybe I shouldn’t advise against it but maybe I should be considered enough not to. But you don’t have to marry and have kids
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:29:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 04:42:44 AM »
I suppose advising against mostly is forbidding marriage. It may make some closer to God but not everyone is called to marriage. But it is a sin not to be close to God already. It doesn’t make closer to God because it makes you happy and you have your desires but it could be a path God chose for you since marriage is holy and also pleasing to God. Also people are responsible for themselves but why should you have to bear their loss
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 04:52:59 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 05:01:49 AM »
Actually I think it is wise if you can endure if you don’t know if you know Christ not to get married it could be good because then you become responsible for a child also. Though marriage may be a path for you it may not especially in these last days if you don’t know Christ to raise children
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 05:02:47 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2019, 05:39:09 AM »
https://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/christnewstoday/2018/09/evangelist-compelling-proof-end-times-near-warning-straight-revelation.html

We must be serious in finding Christ and bear fruits worthy of repentance. It will be a big struggle to find Christ and a struggle to change  but we know we can find Him and endure the struggle

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2019, 07:21:37 AM »
The oil of the wise virgins is prayer to God to help you earn his forgiveness by correcting your way  to be assured of his love and favour and perhaps the things you do from that since he tells you what to do to be assured. This prayer and obedience that comes from that to earn his favour may take long if you reach it at all
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:25:32 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 07:39:51 AM »
Also it is to produce peace and love in the heart so that you are not afraid and also do good works

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
Prayer will restore your ability and focus to read and also do anything else that will help you

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2019, 01:09:21 PM »
If Jesus was not the only way to the Father then you can get to heaven just by your own righteousness which we know our righteousness is not really righteousness for Jesus commandments are righteousness and no one will follow Jesus commandments unless he is a Christian and no one can because God sent the Holy Spirit after He ascended only to Christians because without believing in Him and confessing Him He knows you can not receive the Holy Spirit
He made only Christians receive the Holy Spirit because it is a sin not to receive Jesus and confess Him as your Lord so they don’t deserve Him and so it is a gift to believers to testify to the righteousness of Christ. They can be good but not follow all of God’s commandments and be saved

If Jesus was not the only way to heaven there would be no reward for believing Him and following Him
and some would think it means there is no reason to be righteous if non believers can be saved too since why be a Christian and because of offense many can be sinners . I would increase lawlessness and be the accused of a cause for some falling away. But without being righteous you can’t have a reward the book of Daniel says some will rise to life and some to everlasting shame and contempt which has no life so outside of heaven

I never knew how bad i betrayed the Lord by suggesting we could be wrong and other good people will be saved even though I said we believe Jesus is only way

Jesus said if anyone adds to His words He will add the plagues and keep Him from the promise of entering heaven as written in revelations

Now I feel it is harder to get back to the Lord though He may accept me if I am counted as a believer or if I accept the truth He is the only way with all my heart but I feel I would have caused harm
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:20:01 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2019, 01:34:10 PM »
Jesus commandments also centre around accepting Christ like praying. You can not pray unless you believe in Jesus. For believing and accepting His death on your behalf was necessary to give you access to the Father. You can not do anything in His name to spread His commandments unless you confess Him. If you believe Jesus died for you you must confess that to others so that they also accept  Jesus died for them. It is a commandment of Jesus because of love. So they can’t follow those commandments. Jesus did not die to give access to people who don’t believe in Him because it is a sin not to believe in the one who died for them and they don’t accept God’s atonement for their sins when they have been convicted of sin. They think they don’t need it when they have been told or shown they need it so they don’t seek so they may believe. You need to be saved from your sins to be saved and you can only do so if you accept the atonement now because the atonement cleanses you from sin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:46:11 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
Those who don’t believe think they can atone for their sin while their sin can only be taken away by Jesus. They can not remove their sin except by believing in Jesus Christ because it is a eternal sin from them to reject the one who came to take their sin. The righteousness of their faith can take away their sin through Christ death
Jesus died to take away sin which is infinite but not abiding in their unbelief which makes one a sinner continuously which His death can not remove. They must confess so their faith is alive. Faith without works is dead and to fulfill His commandments so others may believe
However He said to be wise to confess when you won’t weaken though you must confess preferably finding the best scenario. To count the cost
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:27:25 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:10 AM »
Luke 14:26  (NKJV)

26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

Luke 14:26  (NKJV)

26 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

To go to heaven you have to be willing to love God and so trust God judgement for your family. You have to lose all for the sake of the truth.

It is up to God if He will save others but you have to love God above all and your not following Him could hinder them from following. Your responsibility is for yourself. You could hope they are unworthy of death but your responsibility is for yourself and you have to be willing to leave them for God

If I believed only the church had salvation I would have to follow such views but I believe only those who preach dangerous heresies are not true guidesI believe those priests which help you not judge are helpful. I still believe to seek truth and seek to be convinced but I won’t be convinced of anything I think is not true and judgemental

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:43:10 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2019, 03:37:19 AM »
I still believe in the church a bit and her sacraments so I have a right to partake of the sacraments to be more fully convinced it is the truth though I have a right to believe God may accept all Protestants the same that we may be wrong to think we are a special group. I seek to involve in the church and sacraments to be more convinced of the church as it is supposed to grow me to be closer to God and better understanding and I hope it makes me convinced without judging others.
I am ashamed that we believe we are a special group. It seems rather causing a stumbling block through division I prefer we accept all Christians. But I can only change when I am sure otherwise. It seems it is a time now where we can’t afford to be divided because of the threat and fear so we should change now. So perhaps we should seek to accept one another and seek the Lord to learn that  we are one
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:50:46 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 05:00:41 AM »
We may be part of a special group but it does not mean God treats us special. The church has the fullness of the truth and is necessary in case Christianity falls into heresy and have bad guidance. The goal of the church sacraments are made to ensure the whole Christianity is healed so the success of the church which may not necessarily depend on numbers ensures the healing of Christianity. But I guess numbers are important if there is much corruption outside the church so that more know the truth
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:02:39 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2019, 05:25:19 AM »
If someone feels he has sins that he is still burdened with perhaps he needs the sacraments of the church but as my dad said unless the people trusted in the snake on the pole they could not be saved even if they looked to it. Believing Jesus is God does not save you trusting in Him does. You have to trust in Christ salvation to forgive your sins as the bible says not “that which the law of Moses could not justify you” as the bible says that is not trusting in your repentance to earn it and you have to relation with Him. My dad says confession is not wrong but people need relation with Christ also and priest must not absolve someone who does not have relation with Christ. I think he might believe  in absolution hopefully to release you from the hold of the sin but you have to have relation with Christ first priest can not give you. I think he might think priest is not necessary I don’t know but that is where we may disagree

I believe people need absolution and if they feel a sin still troubling them they must seek absolution if they can’t meet Christ without seeing the priest. They can meet Him but He says I will absolve you before the priest perhaps for priest to ensure you have stood before Christ long enough
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:32:56 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2019, 05:37:08 AM »
They did get healed for just looking at the pole but looking to Jesus means trusting Him he thinks
He is not against confession but people need relation with Christ also
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:38:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2019, 05:59:10 AM »
I think my dad is only against believing confession is necessary because he doesn’t see people have relation with Christ if they expect priest to advise them what to do about something Christ has already said what to do like 2 brothers fighting. They need Christ help not priest. Because priest should not take sides or be interfering in something that may offend their brother. Perhaps all Christians especialky orthodox need to confess if we feel our sin is not absolved by Christ. I may have to stay long to offer a full confession. Who will stand before me to give me absolution of all my sins and hear me to give me spiritual guidance for alll my sins. I post a lot of things on this forum that I don’t quite thing is without sin. Others post a lot too but not controversial things. How shall I confess to all that bothers me on the forum.  Because many were a long time ago probably the priest won’t want to hear it or I don’t know if I will be bothered about it but perhaps I could bring it to their attention to get guidance but who will give me that attention. If I become a monk will they give me that attention. How could a priest actually absolve me of all my sins if repentance towards it can not be done ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:02:10 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2019, 09:14:34 AM »
Though I believe in the sacraments a bit I still believe perhaps there are Protestants who believe in the communion in their own church as necessary to abide in Him and those who don’t still believe they are communion with Christ every time they come to Christ about their sins and meditate and feel drawn towards the cross eating His love and being nourshed by it every time they draw to the cross in their heart God feeds them with strength

It is supposed to be before communion every one remembers what Christ did for Him and Protestants do that before they eat a symbol so they think they are communing with Him though they believe the bread and wine is not actually body and blood

But I believe in the church a bit that it is the real body and blood so wish to take sacraments to be sure
I also believe confession may really absolve one of the hold of guilt and remit sins but it may be Christ can but I just don’t know. There is too much sin I feel only Christ can forgive me without demanding a need for works of repentance but I open to sacraments to be convinced
Without confession one may think how can one prepare for communion
One may need the presence of Christ in the sacrament to make Him see his sins and for priest to witness when you actually repented
So the question is can you actually enter His presence and do you need guidance by priest also to know when you are side tracking from discovering your sins.
Perhaps you can commune alone with Christ and He will show you your sins or what really needs help instead of dwelling on the past or maybe you need confession
I need proof that confession will actually lead me to repentance and Christ does not just forgive the past which we can not change but we work from then on our sins with Christ which you may be able to do without a priest or you may not. Then it is still remains I do not know but I seek to be persuaded by the church that I can only walk with Christ now in the church
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:27:40 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2019, 04:31:02 AM »
Sacraments do not replace trusting in Christ for salvation

The fiery serpents that bit the people represents the sting of death caused by sin and looking to the bronze serpent represents seeing the Son and believing in Him

The law of Moses can not justify the one who is bitten unto death meaning no amount of good works for repentance can take away the penalty of death if you don’t trust fully in the sacrifice of Christ to take away the penalty of death you repent because you must but it does not earn you forgiveness because you should never think you can make up for it but you do what you can or repent to stop doing new sins

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2019, 10:18:07 PM »
I decided marriage is not for me because of these last days. I was thinking of marrying now while my family is still alive or it has no meaning. I thought I need to marry now because I might think to marry when I am old and they may be negatives to that in my spiritual life. So I sought to date a girl. But I withdrew from it saying I change my mind because I won’t be able to offer something to God and it is a bad example and I may not be able to raise children to be strong against tribulation. So I think it is important to think maybe you should not get married if you think you may not be able to raise them in these last days. Those who do marry carry a heavy burden
Those who marry should make sure they know the Lord well then they may not be responsible for others but there is still a risk
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:32:41 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2019, 01:31:11 AM »
I sought to date the same girl

I think marriage may be helpful for some Christians but not all. Jesus said if you are able to accept being a eunuch it is for you. The only ones who should worry much about not bringing children are those who are not Christian or Christians not commited to following the Lord and actually keeping His commandments to love others. Still it does not guarantee saving your children but then they are responsible for themselves. If you raised them well they are responsible for themselves. Still all are always responsible for themselves even if you do not raise them properly and God chose which family each would be born into but you should still consider not having children if you don’t know how to raise them well. And to love and comfort your child when he makes mistakes. But if I can’t even do that to myself and help myself seeing clearly how can I do so for a child. Perhaps if you are doing your best God will look after them but I can not say for sure so it may be best to consider not getting married

I will only consider to get married if I feel confident that I will not be responsible for children but I may not feel that. If I feel ready to have children
But I don’t trust myself so I don’t plan to get married
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:41:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 02:16:29 AM »
Actually I think as st Augustine said “complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation”

Jesus said in last days people will be eating drinking marrying and giving in marriage
Those actions are not completely forbidden but it is not wise for perhaps many in these days
You have to have something to offer God so I choose not to marry
I agree with the post above the last
The eunuch Jesus says is more helpful for the kingdom of heaven than the married person because he dedicates more to the Lord as St. Paul says though I guess some married people can be very successful but not like the eunuch who is a witness for the kingdom of heaven and also has no limitations but the eunuch should be a strong believer in his calling and the gospel to be fruitful but should learn how to properly live as eunuch to be fruitful witness also through actions
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 02:25:53 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
I haven’t learned to discern between good and evil so it wouldn’t be fair to bring a child into this world
I have perhaps affected other people by sometimes posting too much when it is wrong I hope I can atleast guide my son if I had one when it is wrong and when to stop but I won’t have one because it looks like I can’t guide him. Other people have posted a lot but they may know what they are doing or they can find out and many of them just to participate in meaningful discussion and help by posting
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:01:01 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2019, 06:54:03 AM »
Before you have children make sure you are a true Christian because hell exists. You may be able to save your child but you still take a risk. He is still responsible for himself but has a chance of being saved if you are a good enough Christian but unless you are very good you decrease his chances of salvation though his salvation is not dependent on you though you could help him.

I recommend this movie. It is as sensitive and as honest as you can be
https://www.christiancinema.com/digital/movie/hell
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 06:56:34 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2019, 07:29:56 AM »
You don’t know where some people are going or if they have done the will of Christ. You are responsible only to save yourself. Perhaps they are accepted and you send yourself to hell. But even if they are not accepted you have responsibility to save yourself. If you don’t you will regret it. Because God is just whether you will struggle to accept His judgement in which case you may forget loved ones or all saved will be able to accept His judgements. You don’t know whether one accepted Christ sufficiently for himself or not and will be saved or if they will not be saved but they may not be so you must not risk it.
I do remind people to count the cost before you follow Christ to consider if you can finish the race in such a state and not give your pearls before those who now reject the truth. Look for the best opportunity
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:39:41 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »
The most loving thing you can do is save yourself because those in hell ask God to save their loved ones and if they are alive you should be pointing them to Christ and witnessing to them that they should obey God
Again I say to count the cost because you may have to accept it privately until God shows you when it is wise to confess because you don’t need to feel at unwise time you made others reject the gospel because you are unable to complete the following of the gospel I don’t know if you can make that happen
But also I don’t know because if you don’t accept the gospel you may hinder them from being saved

I regret if I saddened some people who may think I don’t love them or wish to seperate love from families but I have to share what I think may be necessary. Maybe I didn’t present it perfectly and it is my fault but I still think truth needs to be presented but I don’t know if I present it best. I hope timing is not bad and people don’t think I want to condemn others but to save the misinformed or forgetful and I hope also to reach those who preach error and wish I appeared more sensitive as it is not my desire to offend them but I want them to be saved. But I must reach those who could benefit to hear the truth
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:36:49 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 09:59:54 AM »
Some clergy of the church don’t like to accept Protestants as if they are a threat to church. It is likely I think Protestants are saved but I don’t get to decide only God does and knows.  Perhaps less is required of them because to him who is given more more is required. So if we have communion more should be required of us to bear fruit. However I can not judge people who join other denominations completely they may or may not lose a reward. Or their salvation may be dependent on enough people being orthodox to pray for them and to keep Christianity from falling into heresy by there being still faithful orthodox who keep official teaching of church
Communion may just mean for being saved when one dies with no judgement or those who do not may lose a reward for Protestants born so  we don’t know.  But those who were born orthodox who convert may risk loss of salvation but they may be saved I can not judge. It may be just they lose a reward or  they may not or if enough people are orthodox and pray for them but still they may lose a reward or not be saved I can not say

The Protestants who made that movie of hell may have come to that knowledge from God but that doesn’t necessarily mean they have the full truth. Who knows maybe the movie was made possible only through God sending an angel to direct it

Paul said let our words be as salt seasoned with grace that you may know how you ought to answer each one. So someone who just thinks answers are easy and simple could be wrong

The one who hid his talent was called wicked and lazy for burying talent
Perhaps this refers to those in the church who do not preach it who think it is unjust only because they are lazy to know the faith well

« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 10:09:49 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 09:16:37 PM »
God shows no partiality. If you are a priest you have to come before him as a sinner and accept other believers not someone who despises people who they think are fundamentalists because they think their services are better. In your service you have to consider  those who preach the gospel as doing a good work not people who are not famous so don’t appear to show love like you do. Or they may not show love but that doesn’t mean what they teach is not true as they don’t have ability to be sensitive about the truth because hopefully no one will preach lie just to be more loving

You may labor more but it has to be on top of the gospel. There is one way to Jesus and that is through denying yourself the right to consider yourself more worthy of salvation than any man. The bible says we are saved by faith not of works lest any man should boast. That does not mean works are not important but one must not consider himself wiser than any man so his works more acceptable. Jesus said call no one on earth your teacher you are all brethren. That is not only for priests but any person who thinks himself wiser than others and not being as much in need of mercy to enter heaven as others

Perhaps we risk judgement to judge Protestants. We could say perhaps it is harder for some  to be saved without the sacraments but it may not be for some or all. I can not judge those who think they may have to join the church even if they think it is likely Protestants are saved. I do not know which is more safe position to have to say they can be saved though may or may not be harder without sacraments or to say we don’t know they are saved even if we think likely

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 09:36:43 PM »
It is true the gospel is not just about mental belief  but people are sent to hell for not being loving and merciful to the poor. But that doesn’t mean you compromise the gospel. Faith must work through love
Perhaps it is true focusing on judgement without showing love is a stumbling block but those who are of truth who love will also lead to people also feeling they must repent
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:38:10 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »
We don’t have to worry that the gospel we preach is unloving we know everyone gets their chance here and there are no second chances but if really they did not get their chance here from bible bashing they may be saved but we must not preach that people must not repent now. God knows the truth. It is especially unlikely for God not to interere in some way to evil doers to teach them not to be unrighteousness so they have their chance here. But we should seek to be loving for our own salvation so as not to sadden people and harm people in anyway
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:04:04 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2019, 07:04:51 AM »
Not to make them happy with a lie but with the truth God is just

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
We don’t harm their eternal destiny and we may only harm them if we are unloving on earth but we do not harm them just for preaching the truth but only if we are condemning them and making them feel like we think them bad people who deserve hell more than us. We may or may not be responsible for their sins if we are unloving but if we are really responsible then they will be saved because we are not preaching the truth. So the message we preach is not really unloving and untrue but if it is they will still be saved.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:43:27 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »
I said if we are wrong they will be saved that is to convince people I do not hate them. But as a Christian I am not allowed to think we may be wrong. I must be more convinced on what I preach. I should be loving but if I don’t come across as that God is still giving everyone their fair chance but if I have come across as unloving I should try to come across as loving so as not to stumble others. However I may not be responsible at all for preaching the truth even if it is misinterpreted as unloving
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 07:56:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2019, 11:10:40 PM »
Not to make them happy with a lie but with the truth God is just

Of course it is sad what people choose God wants them now to repent and turn even we must all repent but those who are saved will come to accept God is fair

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2019, 03:33:35 AM »
It is necessary to preach you need Jesus lest people are deceived. God will convict them in some way they should know they deserve to go to hell but they may deny there is a God of justice but God uses us to prove and witness. If we are faithful Paul says they will glorify God in the day of visitation
Faithfulness consists not just in words but in deeds too. We should have both.
We must preach the truth but make sure it is not bible bashing. I don’t think the movie is bible bashing because it was not intended to be used by others to bash. However I think the movie could be offensive to those who are not yet ready to digest the truth because they may not see persons good intentions  or they would need to see actions too to be convinced. It is good for others to watch it to know the truth but we should not bash people with it. It should only be shared if person is in need to hear it they will not misunderstand it or if shared by those who will make sure it is not misunderstood
It is good movie to share for those who are not afraid and know they are doing wrong and for those who think they are on the right path who don’t want to do the will of God Jesus taught 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:40:43 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2019, 04:16:25 AM »
Salvation is only through Jesus but we don’t have to worry that non Christians do not get their chance
If they do not they would be saved. God uses people to save them because perhaps rewards are determined by that but if no one did so in time God would save them anyway if He did not give them a chance or use extraordinary means to save them and witness to them
If God thinks they were bible bashed too much He may save them anyway but He may have made them strong enough to endure such bashing by preparation and arranging their life. I can not say certainly they will be excused but they may
We should not bible bash lest we lose our own salvation possibly if we are indeed bible bashing
In saying that I don’t want to cause the opposite effect to make people doubt they all need Jesus
They should think probably they are responsible before God and not take the truth as bible bashing but only God knows if such has been beyond His intention
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 04:21:50 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2019, 07:24:21 AM »
We have responsibility to preach the gospel just not bible bash and make them doubt Gods love for them. We should not speak the truth in a way that makes them think God is unloving and unjust
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:28:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2019, 07:49:18 AM »
The movie on hell is more good to show to those who doubt hell but not to non Christian who are not yet convinced they deserve hell and feel they are being singled out  and they think they are being judged to hell and as bad people. Still I do not believe it’s intention is to bible bash but awaken believers and unbelievers who are searching for answers about hell from bible but it may be too hard for those who are not as yet ready to hear the truth but need to be introduced through other steps first

Offline mikeforjesus

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »
I was wrong bible bashing is definitely not an excuse for unbeliever to remain in sin but if we do bible bash we risk offending someone and encouraging them to reject the gospel. But I guess speaking the truth even if it hurts people but you mean well but they don’t see is not bible bashing but it does not help either
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 08:35:49 AM by mikeforjesus »