Author Topic: Marriage should be based on love and trust  (Read 419 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Marriage should be based on love and trust
« on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »
We should not forge marriage to ones ethnicity from church because one may not find love and trust among them and we should not make people hate the church because of that

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
Re: Marriage should be based on love and trust
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 09:22:59 PM »
Also, it's kind of racist to obsess over one single ethnicity like that. Just marry someone who's Orthodox (or at least willing to convert). Beyond that is finding someone you're compatible with, attracted to, etc.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline WPM

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: American Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Granbury to Abilene
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:00:33 PM »
Mystery woman ...

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:02:20 PM »
Also, it's kind of racist to obsess over one single ethnicity like that. Just marry someone who's Orthodox (or at least willing to convert). Beyond that is finding someone you're compatible with, attracted to, etc.

I agree

However it is better not to marry than to have to feel responsible for a failed marriage if you marry not the right person
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:11:16 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 12:53:33 AM »
Depends on what's wrong about the person. If they're not Christian or absolutely opposed to converting, then yeah it's probably not a good idea.

Also not a good idea to try and force yourself to be attracted to someone if you're not, I learned that one the hard way...

But if it's an otherwise good match, then you shouldn't let nagging "what-ifs?" get in the way. There will always be unforeseen circumstances and nobody goes into a relationship expecting it to fail. Just ask God for His blessing and go ahead in faith and love.
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 01:05:59 AM »
Depends on what's wrong about the person. If they're not Christian or absolutely opposed to converting, then yeah it's probably not a good idea.

Also not a good idea to try and force yourself to be attracted to someone if you're not, I learned that one the hard way...

But if it's an otherwise good match, then you shouldn't let nagging "what-ifs?" get in the way. There will always be unforeseen circumstances and nobody goes into a relationship expecting it to fail. Just ask God for His blessing and go ahead in faith and love.

You are right thanks :)