OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 04:52:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is The Hoff the Anti-Christ?  (Read 1083 times) Average Rating: 0
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« on: November 04, 2005, 02:36:35 AM »

I was doing a google search on something (of which I cannot remember), and came up with this completely, absolutely irrelevant article on David Hasslehoff being the anti-Christ. Let's face it - anything to do with the Hoff is amusing, but is deducing him to be the anti-Christ just hoff-limits humour?

http://www.esquilax.com/baywatch/index.shtml
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 02:39:37 AM by EkhristosAnesti » Logged

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
eleni

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 02:46:55 AM »

Hi Ekhristos/

This ''antichrist'' thing about Hasslehoff is old.....it has been circulating the web now for a few yrs......

Same goes with some singers , among others.

The Antichrist as you must be aware, will be known world wide and all in a short time.....

Its jokes like these that people look at , and when the time is ready for the real antichrist to be made known, many will not even hesitate to question what Saints and Prophets in Orthodoxy have said for years.....many will be fooled by the Antichrists presence.

Lord have mercy.

Glory be to God for all things.
IX
helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
EkhristosAnesti
'I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."' - Psalm 91:2
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox

Pope St Kyrillos VI

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 04:40:25 AM »

Hey eleni,

I didn't know that the hoff-anti-Christ thing was old; my bad. I saw it for the first time as I was googling for something completely unrelated, and thought it quite amusing.

I never took the article seriously; in fact the author of the article himself, despite his thoughtful efforts in biblical exegesis and other things (sarcasm), admits to the article being a joke at the end.

I just thought i'd post here for some light humour.

+Irini nem ehmot

No longer an active member of this forum. Sincerest apologies to anyone who has taken offence to anything posted in youthful ignorance or negligence prior to my leaving this forum - October, 2012.

"Philosophy is the imitation by a man of what is better, according to what is possible" - St Severus
suzannes

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 01:02:15 PM »

I know that this doesn't have anything to do directly with the Hassellhoff thread, but it DID remind me of this.  OK, all mankind's weirdness has found it's expression on the www.  However this has to be one of the most bizarre sites in existence:

http://www.demonbuster.com/paisley.html

What is this thing??  Is it a joke?  I don't know what to make of it.
Hadel
IN CHRIST
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Jerusalem

Jesus Christ Our Lord, King of Kings

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2005, 06:23:58 AM »

When researching / surfing on the net all I find are jokes and weird babble.... trying to seek the facts now a days is very hard; look at the news, God knows the truth.

Yes, both are funny, although Hoff is an obvious joke, however, the demonbusters.com I think they mean it....OK....I thought I have seen it all. Is this like "GhostBusters?" Does this mean Akrouyd, Murry, Ramis and Moranis will come to my rescue? That should be interesting to meet.

With more jokes!
Hadel

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 05:16:47 PM »

Does this mean Akrouyd, Murry, Ramis and Moranis will come to my rescue? 

Only if the Hoff will drive them in KITT; KARR or Goliath may be waiting in the way.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
suzannes

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 10:24:46 PM »

The thing about demonbusters is the paisley.  I can imagine *any* sort of weird religious rants finding their way to the net, but paisley??   Check out the section on Easter.  The Orthodox get a mention there (and how COULD they be left out?  Cheesy)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: