Author Topic: Antichrist is here  (Read 4852 times)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
Antichrist is here
« on: December 16, 2018, 12:44:53 AM »
They won’t be able to complete the building of the third temple without him as it says in Daniel

Daniel 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”

The covenant will be to allow sacrifice

It is important not to be afraid Jesus says when you hear of wars and rumours of wars do not be troubled. He who endures to the end will be saved. Here is the patience of the saints those who keep His commandments and the faith of Jesus

Focus only on your relationship with God and fulfilling the commandments. If he is even allowed to stop that it must be the Lord Jesus has accepted us to die as witnesses without having had kept some commandments.

Greater is He that is in you than he who is in the world

This can only be achieved perhaps if we learn not to be afraid by truly giving God our heart and being open to truth from anywhere Christian perhaps without forsaking the church which may be the truth we should go to church and take communion  to try to be convinced of the church but it doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be open to learning truth from other Christians which could be right though we don’t know if they need the church

Of course during these evil times we may not be able to gather much because of persecution then we know we are absolved by the church or it is not as important

The church has the communion which in the opinion of a priest says is how they overcame by the blood of the lamb

Paul says the cup which we drink is it not the communion of the blood of Christ ?

That’s not to say God may not absolve all in these last days without it

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:55:17 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
Re: Antichrist is here
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 02:15:43 AM »
What are you a prophet or something?

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:26:42 AM »

What do you mean ?
How is not the evidence of the temple being built not enough evidence?  and the first altar since 70 ad has been prepared and the first blameless red heifer though genetically modified
Though I don’t believe we should be afraid we need to know how we are going to live without buying or selling. I trust there is a way otherwise no one can survive
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:30:57 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 09:55:07 AM »

If you mean who am I to be confident and give hope being a sinner you are right I don’t deserve to but I hope in the Lord. I think it is helpful following my church readings of the day but that should only be the start. Blessed is the man as psalm 1 says who meditates day and night on the law. We need to fill our vessels like the wise virgins if we need strength now. But it is important to trust in the Lord as He said call upon Me in the day of trouble and I will deliver you and you shall glorify Me and take the shield of faith which is trusting in God against the accuser of the brethren Satan. We are not saved by our strength but psalm 1 is to teach to meditate on the Lord if you lack faith to strengthen you and take you out of all that you need to leave. But if one is not perfect he should not condemn himself. The Lord may accept those who can only work 1 hour now if He chooses to accept them though they wrrr sinners who can’t be perfect but are doing what they can now
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:06:31 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Isaiah53IsMessiah

• Elder
  • Faith: Orthodox
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 07:40:17 PM »
The Temple isn't being rebuilt...

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »

Not rebuilt a third temple is being built they may or may not build over the dome eventually not to get hindrance from Muslims for the devil to use them to deceive people there is peace for all whether they intend peace or not
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:49:14 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline WPM

• Fan of the Jewish Holidays
  • Taxiarches
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 11:57:41 PM »
The first 5 books of the Bible. (Genesis) (Exodus) (Leviticus) (Numbers) and (Deuteronomy.)

Offline theistgal

• Byzantine (Ruthenian) Catholic/sometimes atheist
  • Site Supporter
  • Archon
  • don't even go there!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 12:12:10 PM »

There is actually a small group of activists in Israel who have been pushing to re-establish the Temple in Jerusalem. Here's an interesting article about them from the Times of Israel, ""The Women Waiting, and Weaving, For the Third Temple" (https://www.timesofisrael.com/the-women-waiting-and-weaving-for-the-third-temple/).

Note, however, that they haven't actually built/rebuilt anything.
"Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'OK, I still have nine live, two-headed animals' and move on.'' (owner of Coney Island freak show, upon learning he'd been outbid on a 5-legged puppy)

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 03:17:51 AM »
Do not fear to give your life for Christ
Remember Jesus said he who gains his life will lose it and he who loses his life for My sake will find it
Peter says do not be afraid of their threats or be troubled
He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death by your faith you can overcome and take courage to carry your cross perhaps knowing what to do in that hour normally which you won’t know how to endure
Jesus said do not worry about what you shall speak it will be given in that hour perhaps also He teaches not to worry about how you will live God will show you then
God does not allow temptation beyond what we can bear
You can prepare yourself to be easier to withstand your fears by carrying a cross now. But you may be granted courage in that hour anyway but I don’t know better carry a cross now

Here is an account to help prepare

Martyr Sebastian at Rome, and his companions

Commemorated on December 18

The Holy Martyr Sebastian was born in the city of Narbonum in Gaul (modern France), and he received his education at Mediolanum (now Milan). Under the co-reigning emperors Diocletian and Maximian (284-305) he occupied the position of head of the imperial guards. Saint Sebastian was respected for his authority, and was loved by the soldiers and those at court. He was a brave man filled with wisdom; his word was honest, his judgment just. He was insightful in advice and faithful in his service and in everything entrusted to him. He was a secret Christian, not out of fear, but so that he could provide help to the brethren in a time of persecution.

The noble Christian brothers Marcellinus and Mark had been locked up in prison, and at first they firmly confessed the true Faith. But under the influence of the tearful entreaties of their pagan parents (Tranquillinus and Marcia), and also their own wives and children, they began to waver in their intent to suffer for Christ. Saint Sebastian went to the imperial treasurer, at whose house Marcellinus and Mark were held in confinement, and addressed the brothers who were on the verge of yielding to the entreaties of their family.

“O valiant warriors of Christ! Do not cast away your everlasting crowns of victory because of the tears of your relatives. Do not remove your feet from the necks of your enemies who lie prostrate before you, lest they regain their strength and attack you more fiercely than before. Raise your banner high over every earthly attachment. If those whom you see weeping knew that there is another life where there is neither sickness nor death, where there is unceasing gladness and everything is beautiful, then assuredly they would wish to enter it with you. Anyone who fears to exchange this brief earthly life for the unending joys of the heavenly Kingdom is foolish indeed. For he who rejects eternity wastes the brief time of his existence, and will be delivered to everlasting torment in Hades.”

Then Saint Sebastian said that if necessary, he would be willing to endure torment and death in order to show them how to give their lives for Christ.

So Saint Sebastian persuaded the brothers to go through with their act of martyrdom, and his speech stirred everyone present. They saw how his face shone like that of an angel, and they saw how seven angels clothed him in a radiant garment, and heard a fair Youth say, “You shall be with Me always.”

Zoe, the wife of the jailer Nicostratus, had lost her ability to speak six years previously. She fell down at the feet of Saint Sebastian, by her gestures imploring him to heal her. The saint made the Sign of the Cross over the woman, and she immediately began to speak and she glorified the Lord Jesus Christ. She said that she had seen an angel holding an open book in which everything Saint Sebastian said was written. Then all who saw the miracle also came to believe in the Savior of the world. Nicostratus removed the chains from Marcellinus and Mark and offered to hide them, but the brothers refused.

Mark said, “Let them tear the flesh from our bodies with cruel torments. They can kill the body, but they cannot conquer the soul which contends for the Faith.” Nicostratus and his wife asked for Baptism, and Saint Sebastian advised Nicostratus to serve Christ rather than the Eparch. He also told him to assemble the prisoners so that those who believed in Christ could be baptized. Nicostratus then requested his clerk Claudius to send all the prisoners to his house. Sebastian spoke to them of Christ, and became convinced that they were all inclined to be baptized. He summoned the priest Polycarp, who prepared them for the Mystery, instructing them to fast in preparation for Baptism that evening.

Then Claudius informed Nicostratus that the Roman eparch Arestius Chromatus wanted to know why the prisoners were gathered at his house. Nicostratus told Claudius about the healing of his wife, and Claudius brought his own sick sons, Symphorian and Felix to Saint Sebastian. In the evening the priest Polycarp baptized Tranquillinus with his relatives and friends, and Nicostratus and all his family, Claudius and his sons, and also sixteen condemned prisoners. The newly-baptized numbered 64 in all.

Appearing before the eparch Chromatus, Nicostratus told him how Saint Sebastian had converted them to Christianity and healed many from sickness. The words of Nicostratus persuaded the eparch. He summoned Saint Sebastian and the presbyter Polycarp, and was enlightened by them, and became a believer in Christ. Nicostratus and Chromatus, his son Tiburtius and all his household accepted holy Baptism. The number of the newly-enlightened increased to 1400. Upon becoming a Christian, Chromatus resigned his office of eparch.

During this time the Bishop of Rome was Saint Gaius (August 11). He blessed Chromatus to go to his estates in southern Italy with the priest Polycarp. Christians unable to endure martyrdom also went with them. Father Polycarp went to strengthen the newly-converted in the Faith.

Tiburtius, the son of Chromatus, desired to accept martyrdom and he remained in Rome with Saint Sebastian. Of those remaining, Saint Gaius ordained Tranquillinus as a presbyter, and his sons Marcellinus and Mark were ordained deacons. Nicostratus, his wife Zoe and brother Castorius, and Claudius, his son Symphorian and brother Victorinus also remained in Rome. They gathered for divine services at the court of the emperor together with a secret Christian named Castulus, but soon the time came for them to suffer for the Faith.

The pagans arrested Saint Zoe first, praying at the grave of the Apostle Peter. At the trial she bravely confessed her faith in Christ. She died, hung by her hair over the foul smoke from a great fire of dung. Her body then was thrown into the River Tiber. Appearing in a vision to Saint Sebastian, she told him about her death.

The priest Tranquillinus was the next to suffer: pagans pelted him with stones at the grave of the holy Apostle Peter, and his body was also thrown into the Tiber.

Sts Nicostratus, Castorius, Claudius, Victorinus, and Symphorian were seized at the riverbank, when they were searching for the bodies of the martyrs. They were led to the eparch, and the saints refused his command to offer sacrifice to idols. They tied stones to the necks of the martyrs and then drowned them in the sea.

The false Christian Torquatus betrayed Saint Tiburtius. When the saint refused to sacrifice to the idols, the judge ordered Tiburtius to walk barefoot on red-hot coals, but the Lord preserved him. Tiburtius walked through the burning coals without feeling the heat. The torturers then beheaded Saint Tiburtius, and his body was buried by unknown Christians.

Torquatus also betrayed the holy Deacons Marcellinus and Mark, and Saint Castulus (March 26). After torture, they threw Castulus into a pit and buried him alive, but Marcellinus and Mark had their feet nailed to the same tree stump. They stood all night in prayer, and in the morning they were stabbed with spears.

Saint Sebastian was the last one to be tortured. The emperor Diocletian personally interrogated him, and seeing the determination of the holy martyr, he ordered him taken out of the city, tied to a tree and shot with arrows. Irene, the wife of Saint Castulus, went at night in order to bury Saint Sebastian, but found him alive and took him to her home.

Saint Sebastian soon recovered from his wounds. Christians urged him to leave Rome, but he refused. Coming near a pagan temple, the saint saw the emperors approaching and he publicly denounced them for their impiety. Diocletian ordered the holy martyr to be taken to the Circus Maximus to be executed. They clubbed Saint Sebastian to death, and cast his body into the sewer. The holy martyr appeared to a pious woman named Lucina in a vision, and told her to take his body and bury it in the catacombs. This she did with the help of her slaves. Today his basilica stands on the site of his tomb.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:27:24 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
  • too often left in the payment of false ponchos
  • Faith: Evangelical by default
  • Jurisdiction: Spiritually homeless
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 03:53:08 AM »
I don't see how the fact that some Jews and Evangelicals are trying to breed a red heifer and (pipe dreaming about drawing up the plans to ask for funding to break ground to) build a new Temple is indicative of anything concrete ever actually happening (especially as long as the Israeli government doesn't support them, and I don't see how they politically could do so without the Dome of the Rock first being conveniently destroyed in an earthquake or something)--especially given that the literal futurity of those exact events doesn't seem dogmatic in Orthodoxy.

As far as I can tell, the only prophetic futurism that Orthodoxy seems to demand is that there will be a physical Antichrist and Great Tribulation at some point in our future. But there's no guarantee that he will be proceeded by concrete signs, especially when it's never been at all clear to me how Christ's return can both be unexpected a la Matthew 24:44 and have a clear and obvious road map laid out in the daily news.

Dispensationalist-style "such and such current event matches up with such and such alleged sign of the end" doesn't seem to me like it has a lot of precedence in Orthodoxy and it's fine to have a more historicist or preterist reading of most Biblical prophecy.

We should all be prepared for persecution and for death (whether by martyrdom, accident, or nature) at all times, anyway. The sociopolitical world around us should have no bearing on that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 03:59:02 AM by Volnutt »
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 04:13:07 AM »
I see. Thanks for your insight dear Volnutt :) I do however think we should keep events in mind but it is not conclusive. Good to see you back
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:15:23 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 04:19:25 AM »
I see. Thanks for your insight dear Volnutt :) I do however think we should keep events in mind but it is not conclusive. Good to see you back

Keeping them in mind in terms of knowing how to relate to people's needs, I suppose. But I don't see much indication that Christians should be worried about alleged signs and wonders of the end. Note that one of the few times the word "Antichrist" even appears in the Bible is in the context of St. John basically just deflecting the speculations back onto a teaching on the practical lives of believers-

Quote from: 1 John 4:1-3
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

And I'm only back for a few posts, unfortunately.

I hope you're doing alright.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:29:39 AM by Volnutt »
Christ my God, set my heart on fire with love in You, that in its flame I may love You with all my heart, with all my mind, and with all my soul and with all my strength, and my neighbor as myself, so that by keeping Your commandments I may glorify You the Giver of every good and perfect gift. Amen.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 04:58:04 AM »
I understand if you need a break or to break from the forum. I am doing ok. I am managing to keep my hopes up

I guess you are right we should not be afraid if we actually received the truth.
But Paul says one sign to know the end is come is a falling away. Jesus also talked about signs being the beginnng of sorrows. Is it a falling away from Christianity or orthodox Christianity or true teachings such as to live right as mentioned by tradition and sanctification of the truth or need to accept the gospel or a combination I do not know. I am wary of orthodox who try to push other Christians out of the way of salvation. I think because we fell away it is a sign of the end times but we may still be accepted but Paul is encouraging all Christians which especially includes descendants of his church. If we need to be orthodox God I believe God will witness to us perhaps at least if we are living as Christians in true biblical manner and we want the truth so people should not worry if they are Christians I think who yearn for the full truth I believe but you can convert to be safe

The truth has a great help or power to make one ready not shaken or troubled and also and also give everlasting consolation and good hope by grace. Or it may just to encourage hope in the great help God can give but we should struggle perhaps very hard for salvation still

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Stand Fast
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:08:08 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »
Jesus said those who believe and are baptised will be saved but those who do not believe which may include baptism in the church will be damned

I can not say it is definitely required in the church or all cases but it is something to think about

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 05:23:57 AM »
No one should worry about others worry only about yourself. God may or may not  absolve some people not in antichrist time by prayer of the dead. Anyway you must trust God’s judgements
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:25:11 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 05:31:02 AM »
One sign of the end is the love of many growing cold. You can preach Christianity but be cold in love or rather lukewarm is more accurate because you are warm but cold also.. lukewarm may mean not knowing how to behave to people not sorting it out in heart or mind

However the coldness or lukewarmness is also in regard to faith you must not be cold or lukewarm towards the faith. Anyway the coldness may be a sign but not necessary to bring the end but we should change now. In being warm it does not mean we accept sin
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:41:02 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2018, 05:42:05 AM »
No one should worry about others worry only about yourself. God may or may not  absolve some people not in antichrist time by prayer of the dead. Anyway you must trust God’s judgements

I mean only if they did not get their chance so you should trust God’s judgements
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:42:15 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline Volnutt

• Dull Sublunary Lover
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 02:52:52 AM »
I understand if you need a break or to break from the forum. I am doing ok. I am managing to keep my hopes up

I guess you are right we should not be afraid if we actually received the truth.
But Paul says one sign to know the end is come is a falling away. Jesus also talked about signs being the beginnng of sorrows. Is it a falling away from Christianity or orthodox Christianity or true teachings such as to live right as mentioned by tradition and sanctification of the truth or need to accept the gospel or a combination I do not know. I am wary of orthodox who try to push other Christians out of the way of salvation. I think because we fell away it is a sign of the end times but we may still be accepted but Paul is encouraging all Christians which especially includes descendants of his church. If we need to be orthodox God I believe God will witness to us perhaps at least if we are living as Christians in true biblical manner and we want the truth so people should not worry if they are Christians I think who yearn for the full truth I believe but you can convert to be safe

The truth has a great help or power to make one ready not shaken or troubled and also and also give everlasting consolation and good hope by grace. Or it may just to encourage hope in the great help God can give but we should struggle perhaps very hard for salvation still

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Stand Fast
13 But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.
16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish you in every good word and work.

"Wars and rumors of wars" are constant in history, cruelty and love growing cold are constant in history. Even if this generation is significantly worse on those things than previous ones were (which I'm not convinced is actually true. Every generation going back to ancient Greece and further has had authors who disparaged the morals of their children's generation while idealizing those of some previous one).

And even if this generation really is the worst one yet, it doesn't therefore necessarily follow that it's the last one before the end. Things could conceivably get better for some undefined period of time and then get apocalyptic thereafter, almost like a sinewave pattern. Or there could be any number of even worse generations to come after this one.

So, and keeping in mind that a lot of the warnings in the NT of hard times to come are first and foremost about their immediate First Century context, it makes more practical sense to me to just live as though the Second Coming is always right around the corner no matter what year one lives in (and, in terms of each individual's death, it is always right around the corner) and preach to people on that basis.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Taxiarches
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 07:16:59 AM »

Have you had a chance thus far to read the Epistles of St. John?  Because according to him, Antichrist is already in the world, and he wrote that sometime beteeen Pentecost and 90 AD, give or take a few years.  The specific Left Behind / Omega Code silliness behind some modern day Protestant interpretations of the antichrist does not invalidate the NT teaching; instead, we must look to the Fathers.

I strongly reccommend giving the entire Johannine corpus a read as quickly as possible, or a reread; it is of immense importance for the Orthodox Christian.  Of course, so are the other books of sacred scripture, but the books by St. John the Apostle are particularly important from a doctrinal perspective (just as those of St. Paul arr particularly important from an ecclesiological perspective).

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline RaphaCam

• Merarches
  • It is honourable to reveal the works of God
    • Em Espírito e em Verdade
  • Faith: Big-O Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Exarchate of Gotham City
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2018, 08:26:06 AM »
Lord, have mercy.
"May the Lord our God remember in His kingdom all Holy Catholic Apostolic Church, which heralds the Word of Truth and fearlessly offers and distributes the Holy Oblation despite human deficiencies and persecutions moved by the powers of this world, in all time and unto the ages of ages."

May the Blessed Light shine Forth

Offline Tzimis

• Site Supporter
  • Protokentarchos
  • Jurisdiction: GOA
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2018, 10:53:25 AM »
Poverty is the driving force that dictates human behavior. As long as people receive a good salary or subsidy. They wont kill each other. The apostasy could start overnight in a financial crisis. Most of the people alive today don't know what hunger is.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »

I meant God may or may not accept prayer of the dead not that some were not saved because they weren’t prayed for. I thought some people however may qualify but I was wrong to think God may accept prayer for dead and it is dangerous 
You have to trust everyone got their chance. I said it doubting
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:42:36 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2018, 11:44:56 AM »
Thank you for all replies. I do believe some events refer to Jesus time and others to end of the world or to both.
I believe if we don’t know how to survive poverty if that is even possible during that time  we will be in trouble
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 11:50:28 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2018, 12:15:30 PM »
https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/117830/70-nations-hanukkah-altar-third-temple/

Perhaps we Dont need to be afraid much at all
It may be only  those who are deceived by their agendas preaching universal salvation will be lost. Don’t allow them to deceive you if there is a choice not to allow them to talk to you about their beliefs because they may use your curiosity of universalism to try to make you deceived Jesus is not God

The hairs of our head are numbered all persecution against us is within our ability because it is with Gods permission

Don’t receive the mark of the antichrist rule

God is not remembering peoples sins such as believing in heresy but you will have to make a choice whether you will reject Jesus when they try to make you accept their religion as Jesus says don’t even make the choice to see the antichrist but flee to the mountains which may be literal but may mean to your faith as protecting as a mountain. If you believe in universalism as a hope I think you can be saved if you do not receive the antichrist but not helpful to others. Or God may make the gospel preached to you so if you wanted the truth then you would know it and this will strengthen you. I believe God is not holding against you your belief in heresy but you can turn at any time but you will have to endure to the end to hear the Lords instructions which He will help you to obey

The Lord is a just judge and we don’t know the fate of any Christian even if he died accepting heresy unknowingly before this time not clearing them either but God alone judges justly because he seems to be saved by Jesus

If fellow Christians will betray one another only those in the church who hate those who believe all Jesus said will show their true colours as St. John says they went out from us to show none of them were of us

Matthew 24:23
Ignoring False Reports
Do Not Believe It.

Jerome: “If anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘There is the Christ,’ do not believe him.” At the time of the Jewish captivity by Rome, many Jewish elders claimed to be the Christ. There were so many, in fact, that there were three distinct camps of them when the Romans besieged Jerusalem. This saying is better understood as referring to the end of the world, however.
“False Christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders so that even the elect might be led into error. Behold, I told you.” As I have already noted, this passage is to be explained in one of three ways. It refers either to the Roman siege of Jerusalem or to the end of the world or to the war waged by heretics against the church and by antichrists who oppose Christ under the pretext of false knowledge.
“If, therefore, they say to you, ‘Behold, he is in the desert,’ do not go out. And if they say ‘Behold, he is inside,’ don’t believe it.” If anyone were to tell you that Christ dwells in the wilderness of the pagans or in the doctrine of the philosophers or within the inner chambers of heretics who promise to reveal the secrets of God, do not go out and do not believe them. And lest false prophets find an opportunity for deceiving you at a time of persecution and anxiety, you should not trust just anyone who claims to speak in the name of Christ. Commentary on Matthew 4.24.23–26.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:18:50 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
The below is what I believe the Lord is teaching me also from reading of church fathers in ancient Christian commentary on scripture on Matthew 24. However I haven’t read it all yet but I believe now if we plan to do His will He can really help us even if we need more preparation

Believers may not have to be afraid much at all if they trust in God
We who have truly believed in Jesus are the elect

We wash our robes in the blood of Jesus. We will overcome because of the blood of Jesus

Those who don’t believe in Christ love are the fearful they are deceived because they received not the love of the truth

And because they fear Christ is not with them they will submit or because they don’t believe in Christ
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:22:44 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »
We should talk before he does finally come and I don’t know if we can talk in public anymore
If he stops our talk then he is afraid of the power God can give us

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Stratopedarches
  • You're my guardian angel hiding in the woods
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Enemy State Orthodox Church Abroad
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
I hope the anti christ shows up soon.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2018, 12:30:40 PM »
I don’t because people may need time to not be afraid and what to prepare and I hope I am not wrong to say not to be afraid. They should get understanding and courage from Christ

We do however have to make preparation though God will give us power such as jesus saying we shouldn’t be too worldly working without also spending time with Christ or giving in marriage if it will distract you away from Christ or not ready to devote to them

Or I guess if we are all ready it doesn’t matter though it will be difficult times but we can endure it will be difficult times I don’t know how difficult hopefullly little but God will shorten it for us but it will be a greater evil time for unbelievers I believe
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 12:39:46 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2018, 12:43:20 PM »
I said it because it is my hope but we should live as though we need to be ready such as how shall we live without buying and selling

Offline hecma925

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
The sooner antichrist shows up to deceive the world, the sooner Christ will return.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
True as revelations says we should say come Lord Jesus as the bride  only if we are prepared

I am between believing we should not being afraid and maybe needing more preparation as the ancient commentary below says. I just know Christ can help us be prepared. I saw a quote on Facebook that faith is not about everything turning out ok but being ok no matter what turns out. Faith is oil also to be prepared. I don’t think I have been doing good works or been faithful on talents which is service to others I think 

Ten Virgins
Overview: In the final judgment, no one can look to another’s praise to help him or her shine. The five virgins are the whole church. The lamps are good works of love done from a pure heart. The wise are those souls who have the catholic faith and seem to demonstrate good works. The lamps of the wise burn with a good conscience, with an inner glory and with inmost charity, yet even they tremble on the last day (Augustine). The wise virgins are those who, embracing the time available to them, were prepared at the first onset of the Lord’s coming (Hilary of Poitiers). Watchfulness is required, lest Christ come to take the church for his bride at the least expected moment, when some of those waiting are seeking the praise of others (Augustine).
On the day of the resurrection and judgment, however much people might be rich in good works, they will fear for themselves, lest they not be prepared with faith that has been active in works. The foolish virgins were those who were lazy and unmindful. They were foolish because they were not prepared for the future but only for the present. Thus they were foolish because they did not have works of compassion, for the oil symbolizes compassion (Epiphanius the Latin). They troubled themselves only over present matters and, forgetting what God said, did not direct their efforts toward the hope of the resurrection. Because the foolish were not able to go out and meet the bridegroom, for their lamps had gone out, they asked the wise to share their oil. They were not part of the group entering the wedding feast but were late and unworthy of entering. They had lost their opportunity (Hilary of Poitiers). If our hearts, symbolized by lamps, have in them no sense of the deep reserve of God’s graciousness, we are forever running short of oil and forgetting to carry enough ourselves (Augustine).

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:16:53 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »
There is a ''third temple'' in Brazil actually.

Offline Alpha60

• A thing of routers, hubs and switches, and dreary web GUIs
  • Technical Director
  • Taxiarches
  • OCNet Systems and Network Operations
  • Jurisdiction: Orthodox
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:27 PM »
There is a ''third temple'' in Brazil actually.

I think its run by some wacko-Pentecostals, right Rapha?

Council of Nicea:
Εθη ἀρχαῖα κρατείτω. 
Mores antiqui obtineant.
The ancient ways shall prevail.

The sentiment of Nicea in Greek and Latin, translated into English.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2018, 11:09:08 PM »
The parable of the virgins and talents are not meant to inspire fear I think in Christianity we are not saved by if we never sin or never slumber not having good works sometimes. The important thing is we have something real and worthy to enter the kingdom. Overall we are righteous not that we do great or hard works most the time
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:12:56 PM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2018, 11:19:32 PM »
They want you to despair to not be attracted to Christianity and to be deceived into Judaism through universalism

Offline hecma925

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2018, 11:30:52 PM »
But what if the real and worthy thing is an exact replica of the temple.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2018, 02:41:01 AM »
I hope the below interpretation I make is correct maybe I heard part of it before
The foolish virgins were hypocrites they were not sincere but used to make a mockery of the wise who sought to do Christ’s commandments by saying their way is of Christ though it is foolish and they were pretenders. They mocked the kindness of the wise considering it foolish by saying their way is not of Christ. But kindness has to have wisdom or it is foolish
Jesus said he who hears and does not do will be like the foolish man. I believe it is those who are not trying to please the Lord yet they like to be called Christians because they are after first places
By asking  The wise to give them oil they mean stop being sincere in wanting to follow the Lord Untl we both do. I hope it is not about not being perfect but not wanting to do or making any good effort but I don’t know how much effort you must make. It may be the Lord will come soon or this parable is meant after a revival after the antichrist is gone. Then perhaps more will be required

They are both virgins maybe not literal but abstinent but not for Christ sake but to gain influence or if they are virgins it is not for the Lord sake but only marriage or to make the wise virgins feel like they are losers. They make work for the Lord but not for the Lord sake but to discourage others from serving too
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:53:58 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2018, 02:59:52 AM »
Part of the works of the wise virgins was to shine as lights that help one follow the Lord so you can’t say they don’t care about converting others

The purpose of the first places the foolish seek is to hinder the work of the Lord and true conversion
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:04:50 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline juliogb

• High Elder
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2018, 06:12:39 AM »
I think its run by some wacko-Pentecostals, right Rapha?

It is the ''vatican'' or ''meccah'' of the neopentecostal denomination Universal Church of the Kingdom of God, a religious organization that has one of the largest TV networks (third I think) and a political party that has lots of ''bishops'' and ministers from this denomination.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2018, 06:25:35 AM »
The book of 1 John talks about how we must be righteous but that you could condemn yourself too much saying if our heart condemns us God is greater than our heart. We should not sin but if we have sinned many times we are forgiven if we repent. Some religions there is no hope if you commited more bad than good in your life even if it was unintentional. If anyone sins we have an advocate.. because we struggle not to sin.. God is merciful to us.. but we must struggle.. we must be holy.. we should only be encouraged that all things are possible I think meaning within reach if you have God.. without holiness and purity of heart we can not see God.. but it is also a work of the Lord to present us without blemish through His blood.. we are not going to be good enough to be worthy of the Lord but He makes us acceptable through the blood of Jesus and His sanctification.

St John says whoever says he knows God ought to walk as He walked. I guess some know the Lord the fathers he writes to or it means don't say you know God because you don't walk as He does.. you only know the Lord as fathers do but the children God forgives for His sake.. only those born of God practice righteousness.. to be born of God means to know God so one does not have a complete birth that is birth of much fruits without knowing God.. if we are old must we be as fathers or God still accepts us as children and forgives us for His sake if we are still bearing some fruit? the important thing is we cannot justify sin but we must struggle.. but God is merciful to want to save us

1 John 2:!5-17
Do Not Love the World
15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 06:53:54 AM »
I thought I would add more hope but just enough for now
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:04:36 AM by mikeforjesus »

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »
The Lord is a just judge and we don’t know the fate of any Christian even if he died accepting heresy unknowingly before this time not clearing them either but God alone judges justly because he seems to be saved by Jesus

I meant he seeks or seems to seek to be saved by Jesus

Offline hecma925

• Stratopedarches
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 11:17:46 PM »
The anti christ is Romanian.  Everyone knows that.

Offline mcarmichael

• Archon
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2018, 03:53:58 PM »
Hi Mike
Rubber ducky, you're the one.

Offline mikeforjesus

• Archon
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2018, 04:06:57 AM »
I just got to say I believe salvation could be for all Christians if they have not been shown they absolutely must be orthodox being witnessed this. .They don’t reject it because they think it is false but because they think they are pleasing God because they think they are not causing harmful  division (not that they necessarily would be the cause of harmful division)  because they also believe or hope their beliefs are the truth.I don’t know if some will not be excused however so they should convert to be sure if they believe as we do a bit having some doubt even if they mostly believe differently but also not sure what is right leaning to wanting to be more literal not confident of their beliefs. I think it is more safe for that person to convert if they have doubt but I am not judging.

It would be good for God to excuse Christians of the past but now to demand all become orthodox because we should be united before the end. And it should be shown we were the truth all along so they can not slander orthodox but seek the Lord together. The time of ignorance God should overlook. If it is necessary I know the 2 witnesses will witness this but I prefer it to happen before that.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:14:56 AM by mikeforjesus »