OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 03:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Kosovo Serbs’ fate will be sealed  (Read 1065 times) Average Rating: 0
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: OCA

Global Warming Enthusiast.

« on: November 03, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »

"The Kosovo Serbs’ fate will be sealed. The German plan to Albanianize Kosovo will be a done deal."

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1805

Germany Wins Out in Kosovo End Game
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

"The Kosovo Serbs’ fate will be sealed. The German plan to Albanianize Kosovo will be a done deal."

http://www.thetrumpet.com/index.php?page=article&id=1805

Germany Wins Out in Kosovo End Game

I just pray that their prediciton ends up being false.

Since there is an Orthodox Church in Albania that is doing quite well in comparison with the past (even if this 'quite well' is still oppressed), what percent of Albania is Orthodox vs Muslim (or non-Orthodox)?
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 07:32:44 PM »

Since there is an Orthodox Church in Albania that is doing quite well in comparison with the past (even if this 'quite well' is still oppressed), what percent of Albania is Orthodox vs Muslim (or non-Orthodox)?

Here is something that may help you.

learn about (quick) answer

Albania religions: Muslim 70%, Albanian Orthodox 20%, Roman Catholic 10% note: percentages are estimates; there are no available current statistics on religious affiliation; all mosques and churches were closed in 1967 and religious observances prohibited; in November...

more on this at CIA World Factbook
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »

Here is something that may help you.

learn about (quick) answer

Albania religions: Muslim 70%, Albanian Orthodox 20%, Roman Catholic 10% note: percentages are estimates; there are no available current statistics on religious affiliation; all mosques and churches were closed in 1967 and religious observances prohibited; in November...

more on this at CIA World Factbook

heres another.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/al.html
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 07:56:46 PM »

Here's my dilemma - should I be as skeptical about this as I normally am of conspiracy theories?  I am inclined not to be - maybe only because of the various ties to the region (religious, through friends).  Crucified Kosovo is a damning book.

Me too.  Lord, have mercy.

Let's hope that the Albanians in Kosovo allow the church to do its salvific work there too.  I just don't feel so optimistic about Orthodoxy returning en masse to Kosovo anytime soon.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 09:54:25 PM »

There is a greater tragedy at work here.

Kosovo, has firmly been Serbian Orthodox land from the 8th Century and looks to be lost (although politicians in Serbia are still talking a "big game").

Prior to the war in Bosnia, approximately 70% of the land in Bosnia was in the hands of Serbs and predominantly Orthodox.ÂÂ  That number is 49% today.ÂÂ  Some Orthodox parishes that were once in towns inhabited by a majority of Orthodox Serbs, are now only inhabited by Islamic Bosnians. The priests are without a flock.ÂÂ  While to west is willing to recognize a "right" for Albanians in Kosovo to determine their future, Serbs in Bosnia and within Kosovo don't share the same right.

In Croatia, the Krajina region was once home to approximately 350,000 Serbs. Most were expelled, most have not returned.ÂÂ  Again, Serbian Orthodox Churches in the region have lost their flock.ÂÂ  Serb graves have been buried to hide the existence of Serbs ever having lived in the region.ÂÂ  In 1990, Serbs in Krajina held a referendum for "sovereignty" from Croatia.ÂÂ  The vote passed with a yes vote of 99.7%.ÂÂ  It was invalidated by the Croat government as illegal and never recognized by any "western power".

Eastern Slavonia has much of the same story.

So, if you think the article is gloomy, I think the reality is already worse than the article.ÂÂ  

Look at the reality of Yugoslavia (while it was still together).ÂÂ  If the West had applied the same standard used in Western nations, they would have said, "Okay Yugoslavs, have a referendum on what to do with your country".ÂÂ  Nobody ever suggested this, because the west knew, if there was ever a referendum, the country would've overwhelmingly voted to remain intact (for better or for worse).ÂÂ  

The reality of the destruction of Yugoslavia, really meant the destruction of Serbia and Orthodoxy in the region.ÂÂ  Look at the final outcome.ÂÂ  Slovenia gone.

Croatia gone, most Serbs expelled.ÂÂ  Land claims denied.ÂÂ  Orthodox Churches irrelevant.

Bosnia gone.ÂÂ  21% of Serbian Land taken unlawfully.ÂÂ  Orthodox Church, only relevant in 49% of the Country.

Montenegro, slowly being overrun by Muslims and "a few" self hating Serbs.ÂÂ  Trying to create a "Montenegrin Orthodox Church", once again making the Serbian Orthodox Church irrelevant.

Kosovo gone.

Vojvodina (rumblings of problems).

Macedonia gone.ÂÂ  A former Orthodox Church, now openly more sympathetic with Islamic Albanians, Methodists, RC, but imprisoning the rightful Archbishop, for performing a baptism.

And you think the article is gloomy?ÂÂ  What has been done to the Serbs and Orthodoxy in the former Yugoslavia is a travesty.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 09:56:40 PM by SouthSerb99 » Logged

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
SouthSerb99
Archbishop of Shlivo, Patriarch of All Vodkas & Defender Against All Overstepping!
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian Orthodox Church

Now Internet Forum Friendly

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 09:57:56 PM »

By the way, for anyone interested.  www.freearchbishop.com

"Wherever you go, there you are."
 Guy from my office

Orthodox Archbishopric of Ohrid
Hungry? Click Here
JoeS
(aka StMarkEofE)
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 11:27:38 PM »

By the way, for anyone interested.ÂÂ  www.freearchbishop.com

All I can say is that the devil is alive and well and working overtime in the Balkans. We need to say many prayers for a quick and workable solution for the tolerance of all religious bodies in that region.

JoeS
eleni

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2005, 02:55:01 AM »

Hi all.......

ALL IS NOT LOST ........when we have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ and our Orthodox Saints who fought for the TRUTH.

There is a prophecy about the third world war starting in the Balkans......SAINT KOSMAS O AITOLOS made this prophecy .....this was also said by Elder PAISIOSin 1994....before he passed away.

Glory be to God for all things.
Lord havemercy
IX
helen

A Prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
-Proverbs27:12-
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: